(Pic) Leagues in a nut shell

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Check out these matches where the low levels get to test their skills vs the high coverage servers.

i would love to hear EVERYONES thoughts on why leagues are good for the whole of WvW. I mean if 4 cant even compete with rank 2…. what are 5+ rank servers supposed to do?

PS bonus points for bringing up how the bloodlust buff will help low coverage servers and balance

Attachments:

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

woah, this post feels very familiar..

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

they dont care, as long as they get the gem money from people transfering to the top servers
thats pretty much the whole idea behind leagues: a new way to milk their playerbase dry

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

You can’t ask devs for direct reply so it got removed….. round 2!!!!

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Yea poor number 11 didn’t do much this week. When ever I was in their it felt like I was looking for an endangered species. Not sure how we are going to do in the league kinda wish we had dropped down to the lower tier….o well go dragonbrand or something like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

they dont care, as long as they get the gem money from people transfering to the top servers
thats pretty much the whole idea behind leagues: a new way to milk their playerbase dry

The few people I have seen talking about transferring have said if they do anet wont see money from them for the transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I don’t know how Anet make money out of this game. But I do know there is no monthly subscription fee of this game. If Anet makes money out of gem store, good for them and us. They will use some of the money they make to make the game better. Just my wishful opinion XD. We should show some support guys ^^

No one knows what this league is till we try. What’s there to lose?

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

I don’t think there’s anyone other than Devon that has said leagues are a good idea.

Near all of the players.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

I don’t know how Anet make money out of this game. But I do know there is no monthly subscription fee of this game. If Anet makes money out of gem store, good for them and us. They will use some of the money they make to make the game better. Just my wishful opinion XD. We should show some support guys ^^

No we know exactly how these leagues will play out….. the vast majority of matches will be complete boredom and blowouts. I mean the devs are so out of touch its almost laughable that human beings with any sort of reasoning ability come to these design decisions. It makes me think that they cannot possibly be this ignorant of their game and have some ulterior motive ( Sacrx’s video about trying to funnel us into spvp is a plausible theory).

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

No we know exactly how these leagues will play out….. the vast majority of matches will be complete boredom and blowouts. I mean the devs are so out of touch its almost laughable that human beings with any sort of reasoning ability come to these design decisions. It makes me think that they cannot possibly be this ignorant of their game and have some ulterior motive ( Sacrx’s video about trying to funnel us into spvp is a plausible theory).

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you shouldn’t use “You Know Who’s” name in the forums, it will get the thread deleted.

Anyway, in 5 of the 8 matchups, the lowest ranked servers GAINED glicko rating, so they would be more likely to be put in the same lopsided matchup again.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

What can we say? It’s all thanks to Anet creating separate NA and EU servers, and then leaving the free transfers open for SO long!

Just wait until the leagues start, on the first day there will be so many people complaining about unbalanced matches that the mods will be throwing out infractions like confetti!

This is just another example of the devs not listening to the community. People suggested leagues last November when we already saw servers being stuck fighting the same servers each week. It’s simply too late now, the image the OP posted shows this.

The only way to balance it out is if Anet offers players big incentives to now move to a lower tier, which isnt going to happen as people will want the reward for coming first and so move to the #1 server.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

What can we say? It’s all thanks to Anet creating separate NA and EU servers, and then leaving the free transfers open for SO long!

Just wait until the leagues start, on the first day there will be so many people complaining about unbalanced matches that the mods will be throwing out infractions like confetti!

This is just another example of the devs not listening to the community. People suggested leagues last November when we already saw servers being stuck fighting the same servers each week. It’s simply too late now, the image the OP posted shows this.

The only way to balance it out is if Anet offers players big incentives to now move to a lower tier, which isnt going to happen as people will want the reward for coming first and so move to the #1 server.

lol if you have not noticed…people complain about any chance they make…heck they complain when they don’t make changes so im purity sure people are going to complain no matter what happens

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

So I take It everyone is as pumped as I am?!?!?my login hours are THROUGH THE ROOF

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Please look at EU.
We will be happy to have Leagues, because then 1 wont fight 10, 8 wont fight 16, 15 wont fight 21,11 wont fight 20 and 14 wont fight 19.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If you ever go into threads in matchup forums, you’d see that no one ever brags that their server is winning. They’ll brag about everything else: how their zerg owned a bigger zerg, how they held Hills against all odds, how they dueled 10 players and beat them all. But never about how their score was higher at the end of the week.

Every single player knows that the scores are meaningless because coverage and population trumps all in the end. So why is Anet treating these leagues as if they’re going to be competitive?

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I don’t know how Anet make money out of this game. But I do know there is no monthly subscription fee

I stopped reading right here. It’s the standard fanboy response.

I refuse to pay a monthly subscription for any game. It’s not an argument that justifies poor performance. WvW lag has made this game pretty much unplayable, and the craptastic match ups have sucked the morale out of all the lower EU servers.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.