Piken Square, a visitors view

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

First off, best wishes to the whole GW community, a bit belated perhaps but I doubt Im the only one having a slow gaming start in the new year. Various parties, cleanups and new years resolutions have kept me from being too active in either game or forums, now, with the muscle aches of one of those resolutions limiting my physical activity I thought it was a good time to return to WvW.

Prior to the new year I transfered over to Piken Square from Gunnars Hold, quite a few of our fighters were considering moving and I couldnt resist the opportunity to take a peak in Pikens kitchen to see how they are doing. I talked to some Piken Square commanders prior to hopping over to make sure they wouldnt be too shocked, Vzirel and VIIth promptly decided that since I was coming over it would be a safe period for them to take a holiday :-p

I definatly had a blast on Piken, I didnt do much PvE because…well, its PvE. But the WvW crowd is as nice a bunch of people you can hope to run into. Guild groups and pugs alike are very welcoming, even if you are a complete stranger. I asked guilds if they minded me tagging along and not a single one objected, in fact, all were very welcoming. The Piken Teamspeak server was likewise very openminded. Even as a complete stranger they took the time to listen to suggestions and discuss options.

Piken differs from Gunnars Hold in a few aspects though, Apart from BOON control I didnt see much use of defensive siege setups, some, but not much. In Gunnars you can track our wereabouts by the position of defensive siege we leave behind. There also seemed to be less mesmers than on Gunnars. When I ran the mesmer jumping puzzle taxi the idea that mesmers could do that was quite new to some Pikeys, On Gunnars we mesmers frequently run puzzles in the hopes that the people we help will not complain to loudly on the forums about our overpowderdness :-)

All in all, a very nice server, but I returned to the people on Gunnars at the end. Still quite a few nice and crazy people left on Gunnars and its my brand of crazy so I missed them.

Thanks to Piken for the hospitality and the fun!

P.S. to Fizzle, Mushy and Slaught, you look very scary in red :-). I barely escaped your ambush.

And no Slaught, that mesmer you killed wasnt me :-)

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

Good luck!

o/

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Good luck ,hope Gunnars will benefit from the wisdom u aquired in your seven years on Piken Square

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in WvW

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah I didn’t expect anything less from Piken, they were a classy bunch when we played them. As for the seige, i guess it comes from being outnumbered most of the time, we can’t rely on 20 people to get back to our towers for defence, so we pepare beforehand so that 2-3 guys can defend.

Anyway, it’s good to have you back Nidhogg.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in WvW

Posted by: Deedles.4197

Deedles.4197

Awesome, Welcome back Nid!

Piken Square
Forsaken Gamers [FG]

in WvW

Posted by: svenja.6472

svenja.6472

Welcome back

in WvW

Posted by: Nidhogg.2950

Nidhogg.2950

Good luck ,hope Gunnars will benefit from the wisdom u aquired in your seven years on Piken Square

Slips is your spiritual leader yes? :-) learned a lot from him.

Guildleader of Vitas, Gunnars Hold