Piken Square roleplayers in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

ROFL

+1 to the Rpers.

We all knew Piken Square was going to become the RP server so why did RvR guilds roll on it?
It’s still free transfer so if you can’t handle the fact you’re going to have, once in a while, rpers rping in W vs W I strongly suggest you transfer to another server.

Just epic the cat story. If I had been there I would have joined and started to look for the cat too I think.

in WvW

Posted by: Battousai.7586

Battousai.7586

people roleplaying on a roleplaying server? this has to stop!

(edited by Battousai.7586)

in WvW

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

@ Milton

You know mate that it could also be

I don’t hate WvWers but its getting frustrating when you can’t roleplay with your roleplay friends because some WvsWers who are in the WvsW zones not roleplaying and wasting a lot of slots…

in WvW

Posted by: SmokinBuda.1398

SmokinBuda.1398

The really fun part are that Piken Square are dominating the WvW lakes in primetime even though they have these RP´ers goofing around…they are loosing due to highpopulation servers Pve´ing all night.

Snowblind the Elementalist of Cantankerous

in WvW

Posted by: Narcosis.3812

Narcosis.3812

Maybe they are RPing as pacifiist?

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: SmartCheetah.1268

SmartCheetah.1268

Moar russian larping historical reenactment It’s pretty much the same here in Poland.
Yep, they are throwing freaking logs at each other, LOL.

Anyway, I don’t think those who go to RP in WvW stay there only for that. There are a lot of places to RP in normal world, much more fitting the RP theme. My bet is that those people participate in PvP as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

Much as I hate to rain on your parade, the Russians aren’t LARPers. They’re wearing full re-enactment kit and what they’re doing doesn’t remotely look like LARP. And yes, they’re nutters. All the E.European re-enactors have something of a reputation…

Anyway, back on topic. Anet have never set any rules on what the WvWvW environment is actually for. There are plenty of people up there who are just trying to complete the environment, or gather resources. They’re not “engaging the enemy” either. What do you want? A rule that says you must attack an npc or enemy player every 5 minutes or be booted? Don’t be so daft. Or intolerant, if it comes to that. Why should everyone have to do what you want them to?

If RPer’s want to RP up there, let them. I’m on PS, and it wouldn’t bother me. I might be inclined to run up to them, in character, and suggest that now is not a good time to be looking for a cat. I might suggest to them that if they don’t defend the keep 1) they won’t be in a position to look for their cat very shortly, and 2) Don’t they know that the attackers are notorious cat-barbecuers? Much more fun. Certainly much more fun than coming here & whinging about their behaviour.

By the way, I imagine that the reason Anet chose not to have RP servers is because the guesting feature will make a mockery of it. You can’t stop people parachuting in from other servers with utterly daft names, so why bother? The RPers in both “ponds” seem to have declared an unnofical server regardless, both seem to be doing pretty well, and Anet have saved themselves the aggravation of trying to enforce a strict RP / Naming policy on certain servers. I’d say it was a win all round!

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

Did you run up to them and /say “Friends! We have found your cat! The enemy holds him at Durios Gulch! We must repel this attack then bring the fight to the enemy there! FOR FLUFFY!”

Just gotta know how to deal with these people.

in WvW

Raedwulf.3712

Odds-on the reply will be “But Fluffy’s not the name of MY cat…”

in WvW

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

The amount of misinformation is pretty cringe-worthy, considering Piken Square has been dominating WvW for quite some time in our group.

in WvW

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

“No friend, you misunderstand! Fluffy is MY cat! They have EVERYONE’S cats! Down with the cat-nappers!”

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

My people know not to let it get in the way of the conflict. Plus, stumbling about looking for a cat while your fort is being attacked is far from what any real person would do. It just makes no sense.

Then again…. we’re a WvW guild with an RP subgroup, so we’re not as intense on the RP side.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: Danne.6821

Danne.6821

Haha

Knee-Deep In the Dead

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

This has never happened during any of my time on Piken Square, there is a chance you may have seen one of the many organised WvW guilds the one I’m a member of included preparing to roll out and roleplaying sarcastically (not to offend but just because we are known as the rp server).

I’d say that Piken Square has excellent WvW we generally hold the most points in a lot of our conflicts during EU prime time and then lose it during the less populated hours.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Raedwulf.3712

“No friend, you misunderstand! Fluffy is MY cat! They have EVERYONE’S cats! Down with the cat-nappers!”

1: You named your cat Fluffy?
2: What a stupid name for a cat!
1: Yeah, the poor little moggy’s probably glad to be kidnapped. Catnapped. Whatever.
3: Maybe it thought they said “Catnip”
1: Oh, hush you! I was going to say it probably is hoping its new pet will call it “Render of Sparrows” or something. I mean, “Fluffy”! pshaw
2: You know, you’ve go a poi…

4: Guys! Aren’t you listening? Ignore Revenant. Didn’t you hear Raedwulf?! They’re BARBECUING the cats!!!

All: They’re… WHAT??!! The… KITTENS!!!!

Exuent omnes, stage left & growling…

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

@Preacher

Judge (old SCUM) is on Underworld.

However If we hand been at Piken Square we could call a Call To Arms to bring 50 man to map, find that little cat, and kill all the opposition in the process

Too bad we were not there

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

Posted by: Wulfsbayne.8401

Wulfsbayne.8401

I can see the frustration, but I can’t say there is not a SMALLLLL part of me that is giggling profusely at the fact that for such a long time that PvPers and “leet kiddies” have done everything they can to stomp on RPers, no matter what server they are on, that RPers have at least a manner in which to troll them back a little.

Think of the kittens, those poor little kittens..

Main: Dariak Wulfsbayne (Norn Ranger)
Proud member of [OMFG]