Pinsnipe.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: NewAccountWhoThis.6489

NewAccountWhoThis.6489

I’ve seen so many anti pinsnipe posts and even if the suggested changes (such as hiding rank) were implemented, none of them will change anything.

I myself am a pinsniper. I’m not in any pinsnipe guild (I’m not even in a guild). This is the only thing I find fun in WvW ever since they made it impossible to hide in keeps as a mesmer with the radar introduced in HoT and since the GvG scene died. I’ve seen alot of antipinsnipe posts so I figured I’d clear the misconceptions.

A good pinsniper will have the commander and backup commander blocked. This allows them to tab through the players and find the commander (it would say unblock instead of block when you right click them).

This means that no outfit or rank change or tonic will prevent pinsnipe. The most effective way to prevent it is stealth. A single veil won’t work. I’d recommend a scrapper as they have a low CD stealth and a gyro that can stealth for a longer time (perfect for regroup as this is when pinsnipers can organize a pull or are trying to target you). This won’t stop the pinsnipe but it will lower the effectiveness of it.

Why would a pinsniper tell you how to counter him?
1) it makes it a challenge and becomes its own game within itself
2) too many commanders rage quit instead of trying to find a way around it (more commanders = more fun for me)

So now we can put this topic to rest.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I myself am a pinsniper. I’m not in any pinsnipe guild (I’m not even in a guild).

kinda says it all right there. Assume because you got kicked out of every one you joined.

So since your favorite way to play is gone, you’ve decided to devote your time to ruining everyone else’s experience. Good job.

Osu

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I myself am a pinsniper. I’m not in any pinsnipe guild (I’m not even in a guild).

kinda says it all right there. Assume because you got kicked out of every one you joined.

So since your favorite way to play is gone, you’ve decided to devote your time to ruining everyone else’s experience. Good job.

If attacking the enemy is ruining everyone else’s experience then the only way to avoid it is to eliminate all forms of PvP from the game.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Or he’s a smart pug that chooses to target the enemy leader instead of just pressing 1 in the lemming zerg. The commander is on the field like everyone else, they’re fair game, they have to take steps to protect themselves from damage. They’re not the only ones that get focused in a fight either, there use to be gank groups that targeted the range groups in zergs. You don’t hear eles or necros coming in here complaining about it, they have to suck it up, position themselves better and use what they have for survival, the same goes for a commander.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Osu.6307

What the kitten is wrong with you people? Don’t you even want a long, epic battle? Why do you even play this game? You consider it a win if you kill a commander and the enemy zerg retreats? One bag! That’s what you get for killing a commander. Anyone in my guild gets yelled at for sniping because when you driver snipe, the enemy zerg just scatters and nobody gets any bags. How is that a win? That’s boring. And you backline, full zerk puggers with your selfish builds wonder why you get kicked from squad and the commander runs tagless to hide from you. It boggles the mind. If you haven’t yet learned the joy of winning a hard-fought battle without resorting to dirty tricks then you never will. I feel sorry for you that even in a video game with unlimited lives, you still consider a death to equal a loss.

Osu

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

What the kitten is wrong with you people? Don’t you even want a long, epic battle? Why do you even play this game? You consider it a win if you kill a commander and the enemy zerg retreats? One bag! That’s what you get for killing a commander. Anyone in my guild gets yelled at for sniping because when you driver snipe, the enemy zerg just scatters and nobody gets any bags. How is that a win? That’s boring. And you backline, full zerk puggers with your selfish builds wonder why you get kicked from squad and the commander runs tagless to hide from you. It boggles the mind. If you haven’t yet learned the joy of winning a hard-fought battle without resorting to dirty tricks then you never will. I feel sorry for you that even in a video game with unlimited lives, you still consider a death to equal a loss.

Ahh, its about the loot to you. Someone engaging in PvP on a PvP map is somehow reducing your loot gain rate.

“Dirty tricks,” such as attacking enemy players are a requirement for PvP. If you do not desire PvP you might want to consider open world PvE.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Oh yes because when you kill the commander all of a sudden their zerg ports out and you don’t get bags from them. You can’t control how people play the game, pin sniping will always be around, deal with it instead of coming in here and complaining, anet is obviously not going to do anything about it.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Because I was in various guilds I’m programmed as a necro to find that guy in the group and make his life a living hell.

For example, if my group is smaller than the ktrain, I’m most certainly going to ruin your experience with my necro and heavily target your driver.

I’m not here for your enjoyment, I’m here to epi your zerg/commander and derail your reward track.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So many people who doesn’t know what to do when there is no tag around/alive to tell em what to do at what time, unbelievable.

Start to use your own brain instead of being spoonfed.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

there is a wiser solution perhaps anet could enable a chain of succession within squads. where people who have been promoted to “backup leader” and when pin goes down the one closest to him with that position gets auto tagged

if im on a tanky build and my commander goes down i hit those squad leave squad create hot keys so fast you think pin simply teleported 20 meters to his left.

(edited by Rangerdeity.5847)

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Best way to counter pinsnipe = have 15-25+ more pinsnipers then the enemy, tactic has never failed so far.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Pin sniping leads to many bags if the headless chickens then disburse- you just wipe them all as they run away.

I’m glad I’m not in a guild that yells at people for using a good tactic.

Your derision of pugs shows your elitist attitude, but you fail to combat one of the easiest tactics to counter. As a guild you should practice full ts without a driver and without a comm badge up, then you don’t have an issue. As this seems too hard for you to grasp, perhaps wvw isn’t for you. Here’s a clue: clear voice comms. Second clue: armor colours or type of backpack. Train to follow one, if first driver dies switch to second driver, then third, etc. Clear chain of command. It’s not hard.

I used to command 60 people in 9 groups in 9 different parts of a map in another game and was built to draw fire and survive whilst commanding via ts, and having seconds that seemlessly took over in the event I was downed.

Rather than ball up and all follow one tag, try team splits, flanking, picking off targets and not just rolling into an enemy ball back and forth like most gvgs became.

Adapt to the enemy tactics.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Lapiy.7160

Lapiy.7160

Like so many things pinsnipe is a problem because it favors larger groups. If a group of 20 runs into a group of 40 the odds are already bad but if 10 of them are driver sniping because they can spare the people vs your 20 that fight becomes almost unwinnable by the 20 man. It encourages guilds to run bigger and makes trying to be a 20-25 man group guild more frustrating and less common. This being said guardian is no longer the most tanky class with it being one of the main targets in a GvG afters the necro’s have been killed, so classes like scrapper or berserker would most likely be better if you want to try and fight the snipe(scrappers will run around outside of stealth to try and get a reveal off at the start of the fight and the other group will not even bother trying to kill them and wars run full zerk and no one even bothers to try and kill them so think about a full tank version of ether). Here’s a warrior build I made in like 3 min http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSjMdQXIWGCWhApIWqCMleQsLHgs4aABg3Rbrd2C-TVyHQBtS9nwt/gAuAAw7IAAgHAwuU+tKdBQUJY8OEABAQAuv9x+2HwRP6RP6RPa33+23+23+kCY0tWA-w It has 3 sources for pulsing stab, 2 ways of getting resistance, 2x endure pain, 2.75 second CD leap with berserker hammer, 2 more “leaps” on gs, a trait that makes movement skills clear immbo and pretty good healing with heal sig+adrenal health. If you have your normal party of 2 guards a rev and a class that can stealth the driver or just a heal bot druid or ele you will be way more tanky then a guard could ever hope to be and I think a scrapper is most likely even better because it can stealth itself but I don’t play scrapper so I can’t really make a build for it.

Servers: Crystal Desert, Underworld, Eredon Terrace
Guilds: [TDS] The Desert Squad-Retired, [bM] Badmash, [BoRP] Bunch Of Random Players
Always looking for fights gvg’s etc just hit me up!

(edited by Lapiy.7160)

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

I like looking for the comm by myself as well. Its a fun game if you can pull it off (I love impact striking the pin in the middle of the enemy zerg/best feeling ever). Thieves can prevent snipe too. Every once in a while blast a black powder on your pin. If they are going after your comm hard do it as often as you feel comfortable, and then do it a bit more. That de-targeting means a complete reset for those snipers.

Pretty much its not something to whine about. It is easily avoidable. Just communicate with your team and I promise its really difficult to snipe. If anything this brings a few engis and thieves into zergs, and they are actually wanted there to help. Imagine that…

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Guilty as charged. In every zerg clash, i try to snipe the commander.
7/10 times, its the Charr Guardian with spiky hair and flashy armor. LOL

Like what is said here, there’s some sort of morbid entertainment on seeing the enemy group fall apart when their commander dies or moa-ed

I hate how some of the tone here seems to think that if you’re a commander, you’re off limits. GUESS WHAT – it’s a battle and pin sniping is a tactic.
So better teach your group to think on its feet instead of you barking out commands.

Possible ways to counter:
1. Chain of command. Someone picks up the zerg when he downs if the group is unable to maintain its composure.
2. STOP RACISM! Charr Guardians are so obvious. Why not pick a Sylvari? or an Asuran?
3. Pray you don’t run into a double-moa chronomancer with boonstrips and confuse.

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

2. STOP RACISM! Charr Guardians are so obvious. Why not pick a Sylvari? or an Asuran?

I know one guy who drive on a Female Sylvari Guardian with Radiant Helmet. I always try to snipe him.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Osu.6307

Your derision of pugs shows your elitist attitude, but you fail to combat one of the easiest tactics to counter. As a guild you should practice full ts without a driver and without a comm badge up, then you don’t have an issue. As this seems too hard for you to grasp, perhaps wvw isn’t for you. Here’s a clue: clear voice comms. Second clue: armor colours or type of backpack. Train to follow one, if first driver dies switch to second driver, then third, etc. Clear chain of command. It’s not hard.

I used to command 60 people in 9 groups in 9 different parts of a map in another game and was built to draw fire and survive whilst commanding via ts, and having seconds that seemlessly took over in the event I was downed.

We do all that and more. Seems like you don’t really know what you are talking about. Changing appearance helps the driver for maybe the first minute of the first fight. After that, enough enemy players have found the commander based on his rank and target him exclusively.

Why am I even responding to you. By your own admission you are a ppt commander who only cares about controlling the map. What do you even know about commanding in a fight? I assume you just run from every fight unless you have a 2 to 1 advantage. After all, that’s the best way to manage your ppt, right. If you really want to contribute, let us know all the best places to put arrow carts.

Osu

Pinsnipe.

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

We do all that and more. Seems like you don’t really know what you are talking about. Changing appearance helps the driver for maybe the first minute of the first fight. After that, enough enemy players have found the commander based on his rank and target him exclusively.

Why am I even responding to you. By your own admission you are a ppt commander who only cares about controlling the map. What do you even know about commanding in a fight? I assume you just run from every fight unless you have a 2 to 1 advantage. After all, that’s the best way to manage your ppt, right. If you really want to contribute, let us know all the best places to put arrow carts.

My guild does this funny thing called ‘playing better’. It works really well for us, we don’t have problems with pin sniping at all.