Pips and particip. promote unhealthy gameplay

in WvW

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

I have the feeling a large percentage of people in WvW are just there to farm the rewards now and do not actualy participate in any healthy WvW gameplay. They just wander from camp to camp because it is the easiest way to get 10min participation then idle again. This is especially bad on maps with outmanned buff where you could use anyone to defend objectives, but a lot of people just wont come help and rather stay next to a camp and wait for timer to run out.

Recent example: Hill gets attacked by a few enemies (around 5) they are already at inner wall and around 20 people stand at the spawn camp waiting for the timer while the hill ultimately gets lost despite help was being requested in map chat.

It seems anytime Anet adds more rewards to a gamemode people are quick to find every loophole to gain the rewards as easy as possible while not caring about the people who legitimately want to play the gamemode but get sabotaged (quite apparent in ranked pvp seaosons “i just want my rewards” people.

(edited by Mel.3064)

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I’d be lying if I said I haven’t done that exact thing.
Though I’m mostly active in the game when I’m online, I do tend to “pip out”, at which point I’m no longer contributing to the map. (I do try to move away from the busy/potentially queued maps in favor of the outnumbered buff, but the fact is I do just sit there at spawn.)

For various reasons I’d be in favor of a more proactive system for generating those skirmish chest/ticket rewards, but eh, I’m not going to bite the hand that feeds me.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I think what this tells me is that a lot of people feel that the only way to attain the ticket cap in what we feel is a reasonable amount of time is to hunt for outnumbered. It cuts most of our time requirements in half. It still requires a significant time investment every week but half of what it would take without it. Now if you’re successful in finding an outnumbered map it most likely means there is an enemy zerg near by that will crush you repeatedly and any attempt at stopping them would be useless. That leaves the best option of flipping camps and avoiding a zerg while farming pips. If I got 10 pips all the time I would gladly follow a commander, defend keeps, camps, etc. I truly think the reward structure for players that don’t have the incredibly high rank is flawed.

in WvW

Mel.3064

There is plenty to do on outmanned maps other than standing around at a camp waiting for timer to run out. At bare minimum you can defend objectives that are already in your possession, such as the hill in my example in the starting post.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

It is nowhere near as trust worthy as flipping camps. But that is really beside the point. It is the most optimal way to farm pips. However, there is still a rank requirement so you are setting yourself back if you are not also farming experience at the same time.

(edited by Zalavaaris.5329)

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

To be honest, you’re complaining about AFKs on an out manned map, but you wouldn’t have those people there anyway if there wasn’t rewards.

I’d be more concerned about afks when every map is queue’d, than afks on an out manned map.

I basically afk to let my pips tick down when I’m done for the day, and will respond to any “OH MY GOD THEY’RE HITTING GARRI” calls if & when they come.

Otherwise, I wouldn’t be on at all, and you’d still be up a creek with no paddle.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

People that AFK for participation gains can be annoying yes, but tbh I fail to see how these reward farmers are any worse than the usual 30+ “hardcore” raid guild players standing and jumping around in spawn from 19:00-20:00 waiting for their glorious leader, while the rest of us just lost outmanned trying to fight 10v50 on our spawntower.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

I have the feeling a large percentage of people in WvW are just there to farm the rewards…..

No.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

the system is fine. I only get 2 pips for my rank, and its a non-issue.

just play the kitten game and stop trying to look for quick cheeses.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Silly camp cappers not very effective. In scenario OP put i’d run up that hills and kill the 5 ppl with the 20 to get better and longer participation.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

wvw has no clear goal besides rival guilds and servers. pips give us an excuse to play. we need tournaments back.

demanding it back. =)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Cant say Im not guilty of this, but I also want to shove some blame to the commanders.
You cant follow commanders if you want pips at all, since commanders wait hours and hours after taking an objective so your participation will always drop. And I hate followimg them because its so boring. Commanders ALWAYS avoid fights. Follow them and you’ll be sure to never get into a fight with other players. Every time a small enemy group appears when a com is taking a castle its complete evacuation.

I entered wvw under the premise there would be these big skirmishes and fights between enemy servers, but instead its three groups that avoid all interaction and play rock-paper-scissors in taking towers and keeps.

So unless wvw becomes a bit more exciting i dont see why it should be more than a reward dispenser

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

be the commander that you need=)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Cant say Im not guilty of this, but I also want to shove some blame to the commanders.
You cant follow commanders if you want pips at all, since commanders wait hours and hours after taking an objective so your participation will always drop. And I hate followimg them because its so boring. Commanders ALWAYS avoid fights. Follow them and you’ll be sure to never get into a fight with other players. Every time a small enemy group appears when a com is taking a castle its complete evacuation.

I entered wvw under the premise there would be these big skirmishes and fights between enemy servers, but instead its three groups that avoid all interaction and play rock-paper-scissors in taking towers and keeps.

So unless wvw becomes a bit more exciting i dont see why it should be more than a reward dispenser

You should come to Maguuma or our link.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

be the commander that you need=)

Intried that, people run away as soon as you instigate combat, bunch of traitors, sink with your captain or drown,

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I have the feeling a large percentage of people in WvW are just there to farm the rewards now and do not actualy participate in any healthy WvW gameplay. They just wander from camp to camp because it is the easiest way to get 10min participation then idle again. This is especially bad on maps with outmanned buff where you could use anyone to defend objectives, but a lot of people just wont come help and rather stay next to a camp and wait for timer to run out.

Recent example: Hill gets attacked by a few enemies (around 5) they are already at inner wall and around 20 people stand at the spawn camp waiting for the timer while the hill ultimately gets lost despite help was being requested in map chat.

It seems anytime Anet adds more rewards to a gamemode people are quick to find every loophole to gain the rewards as easy as possible while not caring about the people who legitimately want to play the gamemode but get sabotaged (quite apparent in ranked pvp seaosons “i just want my rewards” people.

So.. if those players standing AFK at spawn weren’t there, would anything change?

They aren’t clogging a space on an outnumbered map.

Now, if the map is qued, that is a little more annoying. But capping a camp, gives score.

Now, they may not be helping as much as they COULD, but it IS helping and not hurting.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

To be honest, you’re complaining about AFKs on an out manned map, but you wouldn’t have those people there anyway if there wasn’t rewards.

I’d be more concerned about afks when every map is queue’d, than afks on an out manned map.

This, at least in response to the OP’s scenario.

Timed progress is going to have such issues. If the timer decays too quickly, then people complain, and those doing tasks that help their side but don’t grant participation will stop doing those things so they can see progress. ANet could have gone with (event-based + kill credit) progress. but that would have placed even more emphasis on herd play, and herding is already a lot more rewarding than havoc or solo play.

I’d be happy to see someone come up with an idea to make WvW gameplay better, but doing so is not as easy as asking for it.

in WvW

Mel.3064

We could start by either making camps only give 5min participation timer or by giving dimishing returns on participation timers if you just do the same kind of action over and over.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

We could start by either making camps only give 5min participation timer or by giving dimishing returns on participation timers if you just do the same kind of action over and over.

Why? So, diminishing returns on killing players?

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The only demographic that does everything, and so would be unaffected, are zergs. No.

in WvW

Mel.3064

Yes, people who just kill people all day without actually defending or taking objectives need to be punished also. Saying this as someone who already has 250k+ kills.

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

What about kill/event rewards divided by participants? If 20 people kill 1 person, they each get 0.05 pips. If 20 people kill 40 people, then they each get 2 pips. In the case of assault/defend events, use the numbers from both sides to determine the pip rewards. Assaulting a keep with no defenders would yield less pips than one that’s defended.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Yes, people who just kill people all day without actually defending or taking objectives need to be punished also. Saying this as someone who already has 250k+ kills.

Then no.

People do different things well. It’s what makes up a good server.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I have the feeling a large percentage of people in WvW are just there to farm the rewards

No they’re not. Even with the advent of rewards tracks and skirmish tracks, if your goal is rewards, you’re better off in many other areas. For example:

• sPvP
  • silverwastes
  • dry top
  • pick a LW3 map
  • Orr
  • Fractals
  • dungeons
  • HoT metas
  • Central Tyria boss trains

If you’re serious about rewards, wvw is not the place to go. The rewards are good because the game mode is fun. The rewards aren’t good because it’s some sort of crazy profitable place to farm.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Heh…with your 4-map queues of late, you earn a lot less pips/participation waiting to even get into WvW…

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

wvw has no clear goal besides rival guilds and servers. pips give us an excuse to play. we need tournaments back.

demanding it back. =)

Tournaments. Were. A. Disaster. How many times does this need to be said (by the devs, at that!) before people understand it?

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

I always felt that participation should be somewhat split between players so that after more than 5 players accomplish a kill or capture the participation is split between all who took part. Mostly this would just mean that the larger the group the longer it would take to maximize participation, hopefully thinning out SOME of the population instead of promoting blobbing right from the start.
Also I felt a map change should cost a tier or 2 of participation but that’s just me.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

demanding it back. =)

Tournaments. Were. A. Disaster. How many times does this need to be said (by the devs, at that!) before people understand it?

Seconded. Tournaments are the self-destruct sequence for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I agree, it’s sad that this is all WvW is at this point. A reward dispenser. Even with my guild commander, we spend most of the time PvDing and running from the zergs that out number us. But this is what RvR is in this game. A PvE-ish reward show.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I do the same thing, but like others, I try to move away from the busy/qued maps in favor of an outnumbered one.

I’d also be in favor of a more proactive approach to ticket generation, much like the accident they pulled when we got tickets for repeating diamond chests. Why not just remove the extra pips from outmanned buff, and bring back repeatable chest tickets instead.

in WvW

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

I have the feeling a large percentage of people in WvW are just there to farm the rewards

No they’re not. Even with the advent of rewards tracks and skirmish tracks, if your goal is rewards, you’re better off in many other areas. For example:

• sPvP
  • silverwastes
  • dry top
  • pick a LW3 map
  • Orr
  • Fractals
  • dungeons
  • HoT metas

If you’re serious about rewards, wvw is not the place to go. The rewards are good because the game mode is fun. The rewards aren’t good because it’s some sort of crazy profitable place to farm.

From these that you have mentioned, except the sPVP (which can give 2 legendary pieces MAX per season), which one can give you the opportunity to upgrade 6 pieces of asc armor into legendary?

There are 3 ways.

1. Raids. Let’s see. I know a bunch of ppl that don’t like the raids because of its toxicity, failures with pugs and the fact that it is almost impossible to get into raids now if you are new players (you have to link 100000 LI + full armor set + all minis + your kidney). Your best bet will be to either join a raiding guild in which they will out u (as a noob) in the last group (which doesn’t always fill and spend 5-6 hours just to clear one wing, if they clear it at all). This and the fact that you have to run this raid A LOT to get full set is just ridiculous to prefer to do raids just for the legendary armor.

2. sPVP. Yes, sPVP is the best and fastest way to obtain a legendary armor. However, it limits the players to upgrade a maximum of 2 pieces each season which means they need at least half a year to get the full set. Nothing wrong with this – its legendary armor set and it should take some time. But what is doing the smart player? Which brings us to 3.

3. WvW. Now, the smart player isn’t here just for the reward tracks, but the other rewards also. He is here for an end game gear which will give him the opportunity to change his armor stats at will, for free and won’t bother spending/farming gold just to test that new build (aka he is here for pips). He has another class which may use that armor? Perfect – he can just change the stats. How many pips have you farmed in fractals to upgrade to legendary armor? Anyway, the smart player (which is also a new player) has farmed 2 pieces of legendary armor from sPVP and since he is forced to wait for the new season he has to farm either raids or WvW. 365 tickets per week = 1 piece of armor per 4 weeks (if we include the tickets needed to buy the ascended gear first). Which gives the opportunity to max legendary armor gear in less than 4 months, by playing 2-3 hours a day WvW, which is kinda easier, more relaxing and IMO more fun than raids, don’t you think?

Hope this clears it for you… the fact why people are just staying there for pips (not all but some).

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

So.. it’s not the rewards then. It’s the legendary armor. Which is only one reward.

And if they are here only for the armor, likely they need more than 2-3 hours per day. They are likely low rank which you are not.

Also, what is harmful about having more people in the mode?

Most of us were hoping for increased numbers to WvW. Granted, we want people who will enjoy it and play it for longer than just the rewards, but likely a number of them will stay.

More people should be offering to help them learn the mode instead of yelling ‘Get off my lawn!!’

And to the poster that noted his Guild leader is pvd’ing now? Maybe that isn’t the guild for you anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Well the WvW Community wanted a bigger carrot to play and compete in WvW, so they can I guess, afford Food and Utility buffs.

So ANet came up with a system to reward participation, but with anything in Guild Wars 2, if people can abuse it or find a loop-hole/exploit they do it, so yeah…

All ANet should have done, is decreased the RNG, and increased the frequency of valuable loot.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

There’s quite a few people who’re giving WvW a go because of the rewards, yes. It’s currently the best way to farm transmutation charges. Between skirmish chests and two reward tracks, I collected 40 last weekend and had fun along the way.

The thing is my server, Stormbluff Isle, was pretty disorganized for most of that play time and we were dead last, occasionally surpassing Crystal Desert but Maguuma had both our kittens beat by a wide margin.

I can’t say that our server would have been any better off without the rag-tag band of pip farmers randomly flipping camps on maps with the ‘Outnumbered’ buff. Many of the ‘serious’ WvW players just idly hop from map to map looking for a commander to follow, and aren’t much better than those of us who do the same chasing the ‘Outnumbered’ buff.

in WvW

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

So.. it’s not the rewards then. It’s the legendary armor. Which is only one reward.

And if they are here only for the armor, likely they need more than 2-3 hours per day. They are likely low rank which you are not.

Most of us were hoping for increased numbers to WvW. Granted, we want people who will enjoy it and play it for longer than just the rewards, but likely a number of them will stay.

More people should be offering to help them learn the mode instead of yelling ‘Get off my lawn!!’

And to the poster that noted his Guild leader is pvd’ing now? Maybe that isn’t the guild for you anymore.

1450 pips needed per week

If he gets 5 pips per tick (average) – assuming we are 2nd + 1pip from the previous week wooden chest – this is 60 pips per hour. Look I don’t even include the outnumbered which may sometimes appear. BUT lets say it doesn’t appear whole week. 1450/60 = 24 hours and 5-10 mins. So spread these 24 hours in 1 week. He needs around 3 hours and 15-20 min per day. In reality, he will need less than 3 hours because of the outnumbered pips sometimes.

And I know some new players who spend 8-10 hours per day in WvW, farm the pips in 2-3 days and don’t touch wvw next 4-5 days.

Put 5-10 min per day for t3 participation.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Heh…with your 4-map queues of late, you earn a lot less pips/participation waiting to even get into WvW…

The least queued map (usually desert) doesn’t take that long to get onto and there will be guilds/players to earn participation with.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Many of the ‘serious’ WvW players just idly hop from map to map looking for a commander to follow, and aren’t much better than those of us who do the same chasing the ‘Outnumbered’ buff.

There is lots of truth in this statement.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Meh, it happens.

Usually during the day when nothing matters anyway unless you have an EU presence.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

*some people do it. A small minority. Don’t exaggerate the truth to suit your narrative.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

1450 pips needed per week

If he gets 5 pips per tick (average) – assuming we are 2nd + 1pip from the previous week wooden chest – this is 60 pips per hour. Look I don’t even include the outnumbered which may sometimes appear. BUT lets say it doesn’t appear whole week. 1450/60 = 24 hours and 5-10 mins. So spread these 24 hours in 1 week. He needs around 3 hours and 15-20 min per day. In reality, he will need less than 3 hours because of the outnumbered pips sometimes.

And I know some new players who spend 8-10 hours per day in WvW, farm the pips in 2-3 days and don’t touch wvw next 4-5 days.

Put 5-10 min per day for t3 participation.

But none of what you note is bad. Of course, some new players will do that. No shock there.

The sweet spot will be if people start drawing them in. Where I play my small group has done so with multiple players. These will be people who play the mode more in the future. Will they play as much as I do? Or make it their main mode? Maybe not.

Some new people will try it after the first few weeks of the expansion as most WvW maps will likely see a small drop initially because of the story. Welcome the newer players in and offer to teach.

I know many of us? That’s was our way into WvW. We got help. Or, we have helped.

And if they tell you you get lost, then you can always have fun watching them get stomped.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

• sPvP
  • silverwastes
  • dry top
  • pick a LW3 map
  • Orr
  • Fractals
  • dungeons
  • HoT metas

From these that you have mentioned, except the sPVP (which can give 2 legendary pieces MAX per season), which one can give you the opportunity to upgrade 6 pieces of asc armor into legendary?

There are 3 ways.

1. Raids. Let’s see. I know a bunch of ppl that don’t like the raids because of its toxicity, failures with pugs and the fact that it is almost impossible to get into raids now if you are new players (you have to link 100000 LI + full armor set + all minis + your kidney). Your best bet will be to either join a raiding guild in which they will out u (as a noob) in the last group (which doesn’t always fill and spend 5-6 hours just to clear one wing, if they clear it at all). This and the fact that you have to run this raid A LOT to get full set is just ridiculous to prefer to do raids just for the legendary armor.

2. sPVP. Yes, sPVP is the best and fastest way to obtain a legendary armor. However, it limits the players to upgrade a maximum of 2 pieces each season which means they need at least half a year to get the full set. Nothing wrong with this – its legendary armor set and it should take some time. But what is doing the smart player? Which brings us to 3.

3. WvW. Now, the smart player isn’t here just for the reward tracks, but the other rewards also. He is here for an end game gear which will give him the opportunity to change his armor stats at will, for free and won’t bother spending/farming gold just to test that new build (aka he is here for pips). He has another class which may use that armor? Perfect – he can just change the stats. How many pips have you farmed in fractals to upgrade to legendary armor? Anyway, the smart player (which is also a new player) has farmed 2 pieces of legendary armor from sPVP and since he is forced to wait for the new season he has to farm either raids or WvW. 365 tickets per week = 1 piece of armor per 4 weeks (if we include the tickets needed to buy the ascended gear first). Which gives the opportunity to max legendary armor gear in less than 4 months, by playing 2-3 hours a day WvW, which is kinda easier, more relaxing and IMO more fun than raids, don’t you think?

Hope this clears it for you… the fact why people are just staying there for pips (not all but some).

so remove the legendary kitten armor from WvW or put it back with X rank and X badges.

badges are kitten easy to get and X rank is easy to get if u do ur job in WvW.
problem solved i dont really give a rats ass about the armor but from time to time im trying to deffend something so hard (obviously with some others) and no1 can come to help then u die tap to spawn and u see like 20 AFK or auto running rounds or w/e on spawn..

jup that helps me, whole pip system is crap, i dont want these rewards if it attracts idiots to afk it up in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xehanort.7936

Xehanort.7936

Any kind of reward system promotes unhealthy gameplay. You have dudes AFK in VineWrath, dunno about sPvP but some folks might be complaining already in this thread.

I dislike a lot the participation system because you’re penalized if you’re in a zerg that spend most of time playing tactical than just mindlessly killing stuff or capping supply camps. But i don’t wanna anet to blew away the rewards so we can have only the “player that i think should be playing here with me” type of player, i think the pips really helps with WvW population problems in low tier servers even if most of people are there to be molested by thiefs or another guy that is a pro roamer or something.
This is a grind game anyway, none like to spend time (which is a precious resource) doing unprofitable things.

In the end the WvW rewards made me and probably a lot of folks try to get better and learn how to at least do some nice skirmishes with folks.I’m just collecting resources in wvw waiting for the xpac so i can really focus on some class to WvW or maybe even do a server change to a more populated server.

in WvW

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

I thought this same thing at first. Also, I’m totally semi guilty of this on occasion…grab treb, aim at enemy tower, hold down #2 skill and…..do homework lol That being said it did get me in there to help flip the tower for people and when occasionally I get annoyed I’m running over to flip a camp or fight a zerg. Honestly, I remember the days when you would get ZERO rewards for Trebbing over homework all night so this is a nice change. I’ve also really enjoyed all the new people in WvW. There is a big variety of skill and experience out there right now. I miss the first two years after launch in WvW. Full maps with several guilds groups and tons of chatter and fights! Glorious!

So honestly, if a few people take advantage of the system so be it….most people would rather get out there and play the game and I appreciate the additional population right now. I’m sure it will shrink when the pvp tourny starts again and people start getting their legendary armor sets. I for one am AMP’d for legendary armor and especially for the fact that I can do it while enjoying my favorite game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

demanding it back. =)

Seconded. Tournaments are the self-destruct sequence for WvW.

The idea of the tournament is good just poorly implented.

1: Tournament is one week long.
2: No announcement of when tournament will start except one week prior.
3: All servers are locked (no transfer) upon announcement of tournament.
4: If you transfer one week prior to the announcement of the tournament, you gain NO benefits.

Very simple…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I don’t think that pips is the biggest problem with WvW gameplay.

I’d put pips fifth on the list.

1. Population
2. Snowball effect (getting more points/supply from T3 structures)
3. Skill balance
4. Structure upgrades
5. Pips

in WvW

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Only time i ever do any thing like that is when i am done for wvw for the moment if i got max participation then yea i am going to sit there for 2 ticks be for i log out or go back to pve

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Only time i ever do any thing like that is when i am done for wvw for the moment if i got max participation then yea i am going to sit there for 2 ticks be for i log out or go back to pve

Obsidian Sanctum allows you to tick down. Can’t gain there, but you can tick down and get the progress that is left.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Perpetration needs to be held in wvw and wvw only. So if your not in wvw your perpetration dose not fall off. I think that would go a long way to keeping afkers out of wvw to make sure they get the most out of there perpetration. That or just make guild halls tick perpetration pips so ppl can just afk there to drain it off.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Perpetration needs to be held in wvw and wvw only. So if your not in wvw your perpetration dose not fall off. I think that would go a long way to keeping afkers out of wvw to make sure they get the most out of there perpetration. That or just make guild halls tick perpetration pips so ppl can just afk there to drain it off.

Not sure what exactly you are saying… Participation does give credit to your tracks in Obsidean Sanctum. And the 4 WvW maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

Not sure what exactly you are saying… Participation does give credit to your tracks in Obsidean Sanctum. And the 4 WvW maps.

He’s saying that if you leave WvW, your participation status remains unchanged. If you leave WvW at Tier 6 and return to WvW the next day, you would start at Tier 6. This would incentivize players to not tick down their participation at the end of their play time.