Pips are unbalace

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Currently as 6/9/17 if you are outnumbered and you are a low rank individual you get minimum 7 pips per tick while someone whose server is winning and has a rank of 2000 earns 6 pips per tick. Obviously there is something wrong with math.

Get your game together and fix it for god sake!

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

The pips are strictly for rewards, so there is nothing to balance (read: no way for them to be “unbalanced”). So far you have complained about darn near every way to earn extra pips. Why does it bug you so much that there is someone that may earn a reward before you?

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

its an incentive for low pop servers to even play man.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

its an incentive for low pop servers to even play man.

I’d say it’s more of an incentive to not let your server know you are outmanned on a map and to stay quiet about it. If your low pop server ever gets to normally population you lose extra rewards. Going from losing but outmanned (6) to winning but even (3), you end up losing 3 pips per tick no matter what your rank is.

This needs to get fixed by having outmanned only be 1 pip and loyalty be more. If loyalty gave more pips it would really force people to want to show up to WvW and keep participating every week, unlike now where you could just load in, check for outmanned, and if nothing is leave. There is no reason to waste time with loyalty with outmanned being so much.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: TheHolyPug.8314

TheHolyPug.8314

What’s a pip? O.o

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

What’s a pip? O.o

How Anet decided to track the new WvW ticket reward. Every X number of pips gives a loot box.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

What’s a pip? O.o

The small seed you find in fruit.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: TheHolyPug.8314

TheHolyPug.8314

What’s a pip? O.o

How Anet decided to track the new WvW ticket reward. Every X number of pips gives a loot box.

Ohhhh ok

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Extra pips should only be learned from server ranking.
This will make people put effort on winning.

Oh wait, i forgot epicly balanced matchmaking system.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Extra pips for being outnumbered doesn’t break the balance. People who have the outnumbered buff are incentivised to roam. It prevents people from ragequtting out of the map.

This attitude though. ANet gives extra rewards and a few days leater complaining starts yet again.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Po Wang Dabang.1394

Lady Po Wang Dabang.1394

This makes people leave populated maps and not defend T3 stuff, to go and cap sentries on enemy BL’s which have outnumbered buff.. fact.

Once again anet show how little they understand.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Populated maps are usually queued and those trying defend/work against larger servers get rewarded for doing so.

Brilliant on Anets part, imho.

WvW Necro

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It’s a bit broken the way it’s been implemented, but if you’re expecting better rewards for joining a bandwagon, you know where the door is.

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: evlover.6270

evlover.6270

The guy really does have a point, the explanation is just a bit off.

He compares servers/worlds while that doesn’t even matter in this discussion. If it would be a pure incentive for lower pop worlds to play: good, but it isn’t. If they want to balance that out, give the lowest 1/3rd of wvw rank 3 ppt, the mid 3rd 2 ppt and the highest 3rd of the rank 1 ppt. That would ‘ve matched it out for lower populated servers to stay around. (or 5-3-1 instead of 3-2-1 or whatever they’d felt like)

But, it isn’t server/world wide, it is map bound, that's the problem with it. These first few days, the borders are full during the day and it can’t be abused. But at night, you can already see what problems it’ll bring in the long term.

When borders aren’t full anymore and commanders ask to swap to defend an upgraded keep, people will hesitate cause they know everyone is leaving from the current border (and other ones) until that map is queued. That leaves the other maps with a pretty high probability of being outnumbered, especially if it’s a map where a commander asks the entire squad to swap to the other map.

So in one hand, you’ll have the loyal people and wvw’ers who didn’t care as much about the rewards that will swap with the commander (those the Anet meant to reward with this update). And on the other hand you’ll have PvE’ers like me, who like Wvw but won’t pass out on the opportunity of 5 extra pips while they only earn 3 if their map is on the losing side. Since 8 pips goes nearly 3 times as fast as just those 3 basic pips with my scrub rank

So to be fair, I think it should rather be server/world bound instead of map bound. A solution might be not to count people on a single border to grant the outnumbered buff but to accumulate all borders and grant either every border the buff at the same time, or no buff at all. Else I predict a lot of frustration in the future between playerbases, even after I grinded my skirmish tickets and stay out of wvw for most of the time again ;p

Cheers

Pips are unbalace

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I think if they’re going to keep the warscore at 5 4 3, the pip reward for skirmish placement should also be 5 4 3 as well. Outnumbered doesn’t really help, because as soon as you are outnumbered, someone announces it and you’re not outnumbered anymore, but a higher pip count than 2 for a low rank player on the last place server would help alot.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination