Pips for commander

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This needs to be changed to, if you are in a Squad with more than 5 people you get +1 pip,

Giving it to the commander only is making people who just shouldn’t be commanding put a tag on, today we had someone who after being wiped 3 times openly said, im just tagged up for the extra pip WTF.

This is leading to trolls etc, either change it to the squad get the pip ( for team play ) or remove the ability altogether.

You added this update, then make the WvW more toxic by not thinking it through completely.

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

It doesn’t take long to figure out which tags are effective. In the meantime, getting new people to tag up and try to learn is a good thing!

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Agreed, it’s a simple thing for an experience (or anyone for that matter) player to either

1. Ask if the new tag would like some help learning
or
2. Move to another tag, or tag up themself

:)

… just call me … Tim :)

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

I don’t see a problem with the new system, I’m glad they put in a minimum of 5 players in the squad, while having something to help encourage commanders to tag up.

The only regular commanders who will be able to earn that pip by being terrible will need extra friends to suffer the pain with them, because most pug players will quickly find a better commander to follow or join.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I tagged up yesterday and couldn’t get the pugs to follow simple instructions like stay on tag, which led to wipes. We did dump valuable towers and menace keeps in EBG, but a little instruction following could have taken the keeps.

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

IMO, the cap should be raised to 10+ people for the commander to get an extra pip, if there’s gonna be a bonus at all.

While I do feel tags need to be remunerated for their services (I would’ve gone with a higher participation bonus instead of pips, personally), I think the restrictions should be high enough that Trolly Mctrollface can’t bring 4 of his plebs and benefit from tagging NPCs in a competitive PvP mode.

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Jorah.2389

Jorah.2389

Agreeed…

Yesterday I saw a kitten tag killing moskitos!!! WTF!!!!

This will be like the first season of PVP, when all the pve peasants started to grind the tracks…

No offense, but pve players can ruin the experience… they did on pvp and they might do it in wvw….

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Agreeed…

Yesterday I saw a kitten tag killing moskitos!!! WTF!!!!

This will be like the first season of PVP, when all the pve peasants started to grind the tracks…

No offense, but pve players can ruin the experience… they did on pvp and they might do it in wvw….

WvW has far better natural selection than spvp. In spvp you’re stuck with four people with clear objectives. In wvw, it’s more sandboxy. Spvp one player can tank a match, in wvw ten players make a negligible difference.

People doing dumb things will get murdered, I killed a couple of them yesterday in seconds. This will frustrate them to either get better or leave.

Pips for commander

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Well, really people need to undersand… if you are commanding a squad of 5-10 then you are havoc, which really means you want to try to assist the big squad on the map by hitting smaller objects as much as possible. If you are 5 or less (I know we want 5 or more), then you’re more like a roaming group, which also hits smaller objects.. mostly camps, sentries, yaks… and even towers if you can get away with it.

Small groups getting wiped is a way of life in WvW unless you really have a super tight team with builds that compliment the group. It is what it is.. for the most part you will have people that don’t know WvW that super well and are pugs (Pick up Group).

The best way to teach new people, in my opinion, is to get some into a small group and run them around in a roaming/havoc fashion and explain what’s happening on the map. If they prefer they can just follow the zerg/blob and pretty much learn nothing.

I believe this may have been the intent of ANet when they implemented this 5 or more squad reward.

You won’t likely get them into TS or Discord (unless you’re really lucky) so it’s textmanding you go. Voice Chat channels really are best for coordinated fighting. Small groups can get away with the message box (squad chat) fairly easily since you aren’t typically trying to deal with a field battle.

Waypoint Mastery is the first thing everyone learns… aka.. you die, you waypoint.. lol

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Growing pains. If you have a bad commander just leave and join another. This should force said commander to either learn or not get bonuses.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I was surprised that I didn’t see more tags running around.

Natural selection will whittle out the farmer tags and new players will learn what tags to follow if they want to zerg around.

SBI

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

You can definitely tell who is a EOTM tag this week, kinda entertaining though.

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

The best way to teach new people, in my opinion, is to get some into a small group and run them around in a roaming/havoc fashion and explain what’s happening on the map. If they prefer they can just follow the zerg/blob and pretty much learn nothing.

I believe this may have been the intent of ANet when they implemented this 5 or more squad reward.

Agree 100%. Which is why I also think we should discourage the pip-training blobbing behavior we’re seeing in WvW right now. Give the outnumbered bonus to small teams that are facing or being run down by the blob. Establish a numbers differential that qualifies for ‘outnumbered fight’ like + or – 10 players. This to encourage MORE smaller groups to work together, and make MORE smaller fights possible. This buff can only be given to groups of 5 in a squad/party together. Sorry my dueling, roaming friends.

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

Pips for commander

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Agree 100%. Which is why I also think we should discourage the pip-training blobbing behavior we’re seeing in WvW right now. Give the outnumbered bonus to small teams that are facing or being run down by the blob. Establish a numbers differential that qualifies for ‘outnumbered fight’ like + or – 10 players. This to encourage MORE smaller groups to work together, and make MORE smaller fights possible. This buff can only be given to groups of 5 in a squad/party together. Sorry my dueling, roaming friends.

I’m going to say this a little tongue in cheek.. but with conviction…

Frankly in my opinion there should be an invisibility buff that kicks in automatically when a group of 5 or less is about to be run over by a huge zerg in the field. Or, as you said above, give a bonus but also give “iron hide” to the tiny group so they can at least go down in a decent fight and maybe even take one or two enemy with them.

I know it sounds even a little silly.. but as a roamer who has played in WvW since the start of 2013 I know that for me it would make it a lot more fun. Even if I was in the zerg and coming up against a small group. Having a little battle of it instead of steamrolling them would truly be a lot more fun.

… and as I do like to say a lot in my guild.. FUN is what it’s all about!

Pips for commander

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

Just run a class with invis or bring a buddy to invis.

Pips for commander

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

unless you got a bunch of thiefs coordinating stealth, there’s NO class that can stay stealthed long enough for that… and when they’re running you over firing their aoe’s etc you are going to get fried anyway :P