Played alts more after account bound WXP?

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Did you switch your main or play your alternate characters after the account-bound WXP change?

Me. Yes. I especially like to play on my ele now.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Yeah mainly because my alts didn’t have guard killer or defense against guards buffs. I still only play my Guardian and Warrior though :P

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I am.

I’ve got an army that needs leveling. The account bound WXP motivated me.

in WvW

Posted by: Bao Lin Nda.1042

Bao Lin Nda.1042

Before: Ranger > Necro > Guard >>>> the rest
Now: Ranger, Necro, Guard, Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Engi
Just the one I like to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

No, because there are no transmutation stones, so I can’t change up my gear (pretty much all bought with WvW badges or karma), consolidate my sigils on 2H weapons, etc. When they fix this, I’ll play my alts more.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Not really. The server I play on let themselves float into the EU Silver league and we’re mostly getting wiped. That’s not much fun so I’m playing less WvW at the moment, at least on the normal maps. I’ve been doing some karma farming on EoTM in the mean time, usually with my main.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

It’s become a pivotal part of my gaming experience now in GW2, switching toons.

I rep diff guilds in WvW at diff times of the day depending on activity.

One in particular ask me to bring a specific profession another is more flexible but still expect team orientated builds.

Over the weekends I play whatever I want if I have free time and just link in with the commander on map or go out roaming. At 8 lvl 80’s all with exotics and least half now with ascended gear I don’t mind to pull a toon I haven’t played in awhile.

It all makes the game feel fresh again.

EDIT: I’ve noted a number of people having to rebuild their traits again and how it’s put them off their alts. I wanted to add that I would feel the same (and it wasn’t expected?) I had just been fortunate enough to take screenshots of my builds and keep a make shift build folder as I’d previously switched between roaming, zerging etc before patch.

We really need a better system to save builds.

(edited by FearedbytheGods.8617)

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I would, but they reset all the trait points and I just can’t motivate myself to redo all my weird builds on every toon I have, so now only log the engi.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Absolutely. Originally: Mesmer/Thief, maybe Ele, Other.
Now: Depends on the day, or group

Still working on builds, but I get past that by speccing alts as I use ’em.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

oh yes. my WvW ranks were spread too thin through my 7 characters to amount to much of anything besides supply mastery + Ram or Cata mastery. Now i have almost all masteries maxed, plus guard stacks on all of my toons.

tis fabulous. lvl 3 ranger + AC mastery 5 = bags and levels.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I have not really switched up much. I have all the classes to 80 and fully geared but the recent changes have made at least three of my class builds obsolete. I am also not a big fan of condi-bunker spam builds (not my play style) which currently is the primary WvW build for at least half the classes.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

if account-bound-WXP had been the only change, I certainly would be playing on alts more.

but I’m actually playing on alts less now, due to the trait reset. I don’t have the time (or the inclination) to play with builds so only 1 of my characters is currently ‘playable’.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Not really more often, but I do enjoy my time in WvW a bit more.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I started a new alt so I can learn guardian. This new trait unlock system is complete garbage, especially while leveling in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’ve been playing an alt. I wish there was a WxP Attribute reset though like with Traits. I picked the +power/ocnd. dmg. one instead of +vitality before I realized how rediculuous the +vitality scales as an uplevel.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I always played my alts, regardless of the world wxp being account bound or not…

The big difference is that I have guard buffs on all of them now.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I always played my alts, regardless of the world wxp being account bound or not…

The big difference is that I have guard buffs on all of them now.

Pretty much this, though it’s really nice to have some siege mastery on classes that weren’t my wvw main

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I had always rotated between my characters depending on my mood. But now with WXP being account bound, I enjoy roaming around on my Ranger slightly more than my other characters. I think it’s a bit more intimidating to see a Silver rank Ranger than it is a Silver rank Necromancer as high rank Rangers are a lot less common to see.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Absolutely! I play all of my characters now and have even bought more gemstore stuff to fit my characters in wvw/pvp. It is so much more fun knowing how much more I can contribute to wvw with account wide exp.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Nope, have a zerging necro for WvW and a warrior for PvE. Both are fully equiped with ascended for their assigned area and I refuse to make more bloody weapons/armor so they can do something they would (for me) be less effective at.

I can see how many (altoholics) wanted the account bound WxP, but it was not something I needed to have.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Absolutely. I’ve spend a lot of time playing Necro, Ele, Ranger, Engineer lately.