Player rendering bugged?(culling) [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Since today’s patch we experience something that feels a little bit like the old culling system. Some players(including their names) are rendered quite late on screen. This includes allies as well as enemies. This bug also causes an effect similar to the bug during the pilot-april-fools where you could see enemies through walls/terain under certain conditions. This time this bug seems top happen randomly(?) when the players where rendered on screen already before being behind a wall(example: standing outside of a wall while players run in sometimes causes this).

(edited by Nauda.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: truliy.3509

truliy.3509

u n p l a y a b l e

in WvW

Posted by: Bad Nursie.2876

Bad Nursie.2876

Possibly only affecting players with lower Character Model Limit in Graphics Options, according to TS chatter.

in WvW

Posted by: benny.1796

benny.1796

Can confirm. Using lowest graphic options possible i could barely see 1/4 of all players.

in WvW

Posted by: ImperialWL.7138

ImperialWL.7138

Yep same thing here, using lowest graphic options for player quality and model settings.

in WvW

Posted by: pax.8739

pax.8739

same with me, playing at best performance graphic but still see only 1/4 of all players in fights, and looks like commander is staying but he is going somewhere with squad

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Ok, I thought I was back to when I was a kid again and seeing little GI Joe green action figure son my screen.

The game feels very sluggish and slow the past few days in general and players are not showing up. They look like GREEN ALIENS.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

Lots of people in TeamSpeak reporting this tonight. I dont have the issue. My character model limit is set to High if that helps.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: Insight.1683

Insight.1683

u n p l a y a b l e

Yep, Playing hearthstone cuz of this kittening bug

[WP][TW] – Arguns

in WvW

Posted by: Nina.9521

Nina.9521

same thing here too ;It bothers me ;
I hate this changes
Can you guys do smething constructive things?

(edited by Nina.9521)

in WvW

Posted by: Akashi.3245

Akashi.3245

this has been happening since the patch for me. dont know if its just me or intended. has there been some sort of culling added to try remove clutter? or are we excpected to play with max model limits at 10fps. nameplates dissapear into the ground and the tag i cant even see on my screen at times (it lags behind)

Attachments:

Daxnas ~ Necromancer 6k + hrs | WvW Mithril | [Woe] [LATE]

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

According to your mini-map your blue commander is not on front of you but close to the Klovan gate. Other friendly players seem to be visible just where they are supposed to be.

I bet your commander is disconnecting or lagging badly there.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Akashi.3245

i am aware of that. where is the tag and the nameplates of the players though.

in WvW

Posted by: pax.8739

pax.8739

i have same problems and they start after the new patch, commander is playing normally and speaking on ts but i dont see where he is going and dont see all players

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

I don’t have this problem, but serveral guildies reported the same issue. Players on wvw maps are displayed in one place, but they physically are in different places. Only the minimap shows their proper position. Often players disappear at all, and are shown on minimap only. There was for sure some bugged change to rendering/positioning introduced with last patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Guildies were reporting this all night last night.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricther.9083

Ricther.9083

I have the exact same problems, nameplates and commander tags kinda gets stuck in place and then slowly fades a away.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Bump…..getting annoying

in WvW

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

I had the same problem, but found an easy fix.
I had the graphic settings for character model limit on lowest to improve performance. When i raised it to low, everything was fine again. Performance-wise, there is not really a difference between lowest and low.

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

(edited by Claridiana.5230)

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I’ve heard a bunch of people say that on TS lately, and they’re on lowest settings.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in WvW

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

Good day friends,
This issue is being investigated by QA and no ETA on a fix has been made at this point. =( But we are aware its going on.

in WvW

Posted by: antidote.7201

antidote.7201

Thanks for investigating

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

One of the things I’ve noticed is that you can typically see people that are on the server you are on but not the other server. That is, if you are on FA for example and looking to see where some players are that happen to be on BP, sometimes you will see them, sometimes you won’t… even when you’re partied/squaded up with them you don’t always see all members the same way. Some are a big white dot and some are just the plain regular dots. I can be in a party and the party members on my server I can see everywhere… the ones that are not on my server but are on the host/slave server show up as normal dots and I have to look for. Very frustrating to say the least.

Sorry but this is yet another instance of where the ‘linked’ server is getting the short end of the stick

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

One of the things I’ve noticed is that you can typically see people that are on the server you are on but not the other server. That is, if you are on FA for example and looking to see where some players are that happen to be on BP, sometimes you will see them, sometimes you won’t… even when you’re partied/squaded up with them you don’t always see all members the same way. Some are a big white dot and some are just the plain regular dots. I can be in a party and the party members on my server I can see everywhere… the ones that are not on my server but are on the host/slave server show up as normal dots and I have to look for. Very frustrating to say the least.

Sorry but this is yet another instance of where the ‘linked’ server is getting the short end of the stick

Your assumption is incorrect and you’re jumping to conclusions. My guildies cant see other people from our own server.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

There seems to be a bug when you have Character model limit set to lowest, changing it to low or any other setting fixes the problem, however it will put more strain on your system since it will render more players around you forcing people to further lower other settings to keep from getting lagspikes and framerate drops.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Akashi.3245

thanks for looking into it, i hope its high on the priority list to get fixed. na prime looks unplayable for me today. i either deal with it or play at 8 frames.

(edited by Akashi.3245)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

I have problem dead people name plates. They “fade away”

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Julian.7532

Julian.7532

u n p l a y a b l e

agree, Reset today will be fun (not really)

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

Last night was about the worst wvw experience I’ve had since the first week of launch.

Skills were not going off, players were not moving or loading, skills and siege were not hitting players, I can see player names through walls in some areas, and my character felt like she was running through jello even though I had a speed buff and travelers runes.

After last night’s patch, some siege I had thrown and refreshed was no longer there, and it wasn’t anything that could have been accessed from the outside. Also the Garrison Keep Lord suddenly had RI even though it was a fully upgraded keep.(Darkhaven Borderland)

I usually play wvw on the lowest settings to avoid lag.

in WvW

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Good evening friends,

I wanted to let you all know that the team is working on a fix, but that it is going to be a bit longer before we are able to deliver it to you. It will not be out before the end of the weekend. Unfortunately this means that those who prefer or need to use the lowest setting will encounter this bug for a little while longer. While you wait, if you’ve not attempted it yet – some of you have reported that a potential workaround has been to raise the character model settings – which may be a workaround for some of you. As is, I apologize to the many of you who are affected by this bug and thank you for the continued reports and your patience while we work on fixing this.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Had the bug even on low settings, never mind the lag which makes it unplayable and no fun.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Good evening friends,

I wanted to let you all know that the team is working on a fix, but that it is going to be a bit longer before we are able to deliver it to you. It will not be out before the end of the weekend. Unfortunately this means that those who prefer or need to use the lowest setting will encounter this bug for a little while longer. While you wait, if you’ve not attempted it yet – some of you have reported that a potential workaround has been to raise the character model settings – which may be a workaround for some of you. As is, I apologize to the many of you who are affected by this bug and thank you for the continued reports and your patience while we work on fixing this.

Thanks for keeping us updated. This kind of communication is greatly appreciated. I for one can deal with a few days of irritation since I know the problem is being addressed and we aren’t being ignored.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Meh, same guilds, same boring reset. No big, PS4 for the win.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Your FPS can affect this, on my old computer people wouldn’t appear all the way and very quickly. With my faster internet and my newer computer things appear nicely.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Only problem I see with char model limit is it is the setting that has the largest hit to fps. I will turn it up for now but a fix would be appreciated.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: oogballer.2408

oogballer.2408

indeed unplayeble atm ,comander tag teleports cros map ,and finaly when you thoud you reached comander, tag teleports again to other , today our hole team constantly walked directions, comander already left 5 sec before and so

in WvW

Posted by: See I Nix Ten.2501

See I Nix Ten.2501

https://www.twitch.tv/peternotpeter/v/73261857

Not sure if this is a thief bug, culling, or intended, either way it’s pretty ridiculous.

Peter Nor/Not Peter (SM) – Warrior/Necro
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Neftex.7594

Neftex.7594

Not sure if this is a thief bug, culling, or intended, either way it’s pretty ridiculous.

nope, this is just broken thief build, its been like that for a while now, i agree its kittened up

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Your assumption is incorrect and you’re jumping to conclusions. My guildies cant see other people from our own server.

It’s very possible that the issue I’m talking about and what you are all talking about may be different. I’m not making any assumption about what I am experiencing. I am assuming, of course, that it’s due to the server linking which is possibly incorrect. But my issue is still what it is. I run with the highest settings possible and I don’t have any issues not seeing people from my own server. I only have issues when it involves people (now and then) that are on the linked server. Not an assumption.. just what’s happening with me.

From the looks of what the OP wrote it sounds like some of you sometimes can’t see the player him/herself right in front of you at times.. at least not their names?? I mistook that issue for my own issue which is different. As for the original OP issue that you are all talking about.. I have never experienced it at all, and I run like I said with the highest settings. Not everyone can do that I understand, but maybe that is a clue? Not sure.

… just call me … Tim :)

(edited by Balthazzarr.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: Subte.8725

Subte.8725

Before you could play against groups of 60 enemies and the drop of fps was not noticeble. Now is imposible with the limit of character set in low or midle the fps drop under 13 and is imposible to play when u have a f*** zerg in front of u. Put it back as it was before the patch pls.

Thx and sry for my bad english.

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Bug Fix:

• Fixed an issue in which the nameplates of players would move erratically when character models were culled.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-14-2016/6212427

Hurray!

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Wow, that is ridiculous. Downed by an enemy that was invisible the entire time. So broken.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Korgov.7645

Wow, that is ridiculous. Downed by an enemy that was invisible the entire time. So broken.

That is working as intended. There is another thread discussing about that thief build.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Anet-Fix-the-Ghost-Thief

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

Your FPS can affect this, on my old computer people wouldn’t appear all the way and very quickly. With my faster internet and my newer computer things appear nicely.

yes the fps issue is cause by cpu bound issue dx 9 high level api. what happen is that there is to much animation being done and at the place of going right through to the gpu(graphic card) the datas need to be validated and hazard solved by the dx 9 api and driver that also use the cpu. that is what lower the fps. dx 12 low level api should solve this issue since the game dev will have the abstraction layer removed will provide the memory address and make sure the data reach the gpu at right time. all high level api dx 9 dx 10 dx 11 have that abstraction layer and the game devs write is code and the api and driver takes care of solving the issue. problem is when there is to much animation requiring the validation and hazard solving, cause the cpu to go in very high usage and the gpu is waiting for the graphic job to reach it.

having the dev do that part before it reach the cpu will lower the over head(cpu bound issue) since it will go directely to the gpu at the place of staying idle on the cpu waiting to be solved by the api and driver.

as for internet lag yes some people are in one spot and like teleporting around the place. rubber banding. it is because they have a bad connection somewhere between them and anet server.

as for those that cheats and hack to go faster then other player it is a trick network related. something new just came out for that to detect them and punish them if they use those hack. making them pay back the time that they have use once detected. it is use on the new game engine unreal tournement version 4.12 ,probably that anet dev could look if they can find the code to use on their network. could probably help the game network connection.

Networked games are often the target of users trying to gain unfair advantages through exploits. A common, game-generic exploit uses cheat software to speed up how quickly time passes on the game client. Games made using unmodified character movement functionality were susceptible to this exploit, resulting in cheaters being able to move at increased rates.

We have added configurable time discrepancy detection and resolution (aka speed hack protection) to character movement to help prevent these types of exploits.

Detection works by the server comparing client timestamp deltas against the known server authoritative time delta since the last move was received and keeping a running tally on this difference. When this time discrepancy reaches a configurable threshold we trigger detection and optionally resolution logic – resolution works by overriding future client-reported delta times to server time and having a portion of those move deltas be used for “paying back” the stolen time (the total time discrepancy detected) until the time difference has equalized.

Time discrepancy protection is disabled by default, new configurable options live in the GameNetworkManager – base values can be found in BaseGame.ini and can be overridden in your project-specific game config file.

https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/unreal-engine-4-12-released

since every thing is synch with the server to make every one interact at the same time with each other in the game.

1: now you have the game that run slower on client because of the cpu bound issue,

2: you have people that have lagging connection and are slower then the rest of player.

3: and you have some people sometime using hack to cheat making them going faster then the rest of the player.

how can you expect to have a stable synch on the server side?

there must be a pretty big gap in the timing and client resolving on the server.

if they could solve those issue probably that it would solve those issue.

(edited by stephanie wise.7841)