Players Blame Yourselves

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: tanachiouz.7628

tanachiouz.7628

I really wish people wud stop moaning to anet about the wvw problems. Its the players themselves who fairweathered into the top tier anet did not force this apon anyone. Both tier misbalance and skill lag are both due to players not playing the game the way it was intended to be played . The players only have themselves to blame theyve stacked the top 2 tiers encouraged guilds to migrate hence players themselves have caused the problems with wvw now ur all crying foul to anet. This problem exists because most of you are fairweathers who pay to win i dont feel sorry for any of you at all suck it up fairweathers suck up the fact youve killed wvw cause your game basicly sucks.

[RAGE]Emberz Bladeswift FA

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

they could get rid of all the pve world bonus associated with wvw.

that way, you can get rid of all the pvers who are interested in the bonus and not wvw.

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

they could get rid of all the pve world bonus associated with wvw.

that way, you can get rid of all the pvers who are interested in the bonus and not wvw.

The people causing the imbalance are not doing it for the rewards……….

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Dunno why you made a topic in reply to one DB player but…

I agree with you, OP, but ANet made a mode that encourages players to go to the server that is most likely win. I know, you think the players/fairweathers are to blame, but there is simply no incentive to hang in there when you’re losing. There is no reward for defending, servers with higher coverage/population will be empowered by the amount of supply they can carry due to their numbers, siege, and buttlust. And with the new leagues, there will apparently be no reward for not coming in first (correct me if I’m wrong).

The blame just isn’t entirely one-sided.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: tanachiouz.7628

tanachiouz.7628

Yup i see your point and i know its easy for me to say cause i play at FA but i play from australia and i play night hours most time when im on map theres 5-10 of us defending our stuff and thats the ways its been for along time in the times i play but im proud in the job we do i dont need an ingame ach to make me feel good defending my beloved FA i know we r in 5th spot but the honest truth is id line up and die for my FA even if we where in last spot i just love FA i love our guys our commanders hehe (most of them) and i will always be FA because im proud. This pride is the same pride i feel whenever i ach something IRL weather it be in my parenting my job or my treatment of friends. Perhaps what we need to look at here is the adverage pride level of a GW2 player and that cant be patched

[RAGE]Emberz Bladeswift FA

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

There’s no need to look at anything, some people simply don’t have fun losing. You can’t really tell people to not play a game to win and instead, endure the frustrations of being outmanned, out-sieged, out-buttlusted and losing their entire BL constantly with no rewards for defending it other than a warm fuzzy at the end of the day.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: AggieTechGuy.4901

AggieTechGuy.4901

There’s no need to look at anything, some people simply don’t have fun losing. You can’t really tell people to not play a game to win and instead, endure the frustrations of being outmanned, out-sieged, out-buttlusted and losing their entire BL constantly with no rewards for defending it other than a warm fuzzy at the end of the day.

^ This.

I haven’t migrated to a top tier server, but I can see why it is tempting. It’s no fun to be constantly losing due to things that you have no control over. And what is the incentive to stay in a place you keep getting stomped at? You can pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you are doing the “right” thing for only so long.

Commander Logain Redwood – Isle of Janthir
Guildmaster of [CORE] Company of the Red Elite

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

^ This.

I haven’t migrated to a top tier server, but I can see why it is tempting. It’s no fun to be constantly losing due to things that you have no control over. And what is the incentive to stay in a place you keep getting stomped at? You can pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you are doing the “right” thing for only so long.

Well JQ/SoR/BG aren’t guaranteed of wins when they play each other. When they play against anyone ranked from 4 down they win by 150K which isn’t fun. They complain of queues and skill lag.

Personally I don’t see the attraction.

Sea of Sorrows

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

The problem started at launch when they promised us guesting and it did not arrive so Anet had to give us free world transfers so those who just picked a random open world assuming they could just guest with the rest of their friends for PVE. Would this problem exist without the long period of free transfers, yes probably(If you only wvw making gold to transfer is not that easy. Forcing people who wanted to transfer to grind out the other content or buy gems.) but Anets failure to deliver everything they promised at launch burned any chance wvw had of being relavant in its bed pretty much at the start. Just another case of Anet promising the world and delivering Cuba then pretending everything is fine.

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

The problem started at launch when they promised us guesting and it did not arrive so Anet had to give us free world transfers so those who just picked a random open world assuming they could just guest with the rest of their friends for PVE. Would this problem exist without the long period of free transfers, yes probably(If you only wvw making gold to transfer is not that easy. Forcing people who wanted to transfer to grind out the other content or buy gems.) but Anets failure to deliver everything they promised at launch burned any chance wvw had of being relavant in its bed pretty much at the start. Just another case of Anet promising the world and delivering Cuba then pretending everything is fine.

Cuba?

Sea of Sorrows

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I really wish people wud stop moaning to anet about the wvw problems. Its the players themselves who fairweathered into the top tier anet did not force this apon anyone. Both tier misbalance and skill lag are both due to players not playing the game the way it was intended to be played . The players only have themselves to blame theyve stacked the top 2 tiers encouraged guilds to migrate hence players themselves have caused the problems with wvw now ur all crying foul to anet. This problem exists because most of you are fairweathers who pay to win i dont feel sorry for any of you at all suck it up fairweathers suck up the fact youve killed wvw cause your game basicly sucks.

ANET’s approach to transfers and an entire lack of attention to the coverage issues where there is only enough off hour populations to keep several servers competitive is what created the problem. Players were forced into two groups: 1) transfer to where playing for PPT makes sense, ie top tier or 2) ignore PPT entirely and enjoy the game where you are at.

ANET created the situation, players just adjusted based on which option they were forced to choose.

~ AoN ~

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Yup its totally the players fault, lets just forget that they allowed free transfers for months after release.

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Yup its totally the players fault, lets just forget that they allowed free transfers for months after release.

It’s funny how people blame free transfers for the stacking to t1, quite contrary the problem started right after free transfers ended where everyone wanted to secure their place on Jade Quarry then Blackgate and Sanctum of Rall recruited to mactch Jade Quarry, thus the t1 arms race which has destroyed competitive WvW.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This is ridiculous. The design choices at the base of WvWvW and subsequent managment seemingly didn’t take human nature into consideration. People usually want to be on the “winning” team and will take the path of least resistance. I don’t blame players for leaving for what seem like greener pastures. You’re mad because your server dried up(or queued up)? Tough giblets, don’t blame people for not “toughing it out” and being patriotic when they’re just looking to entertain themselves and avoid some of the fun obliterating issues this game has.

Whispers with meat.

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

I think what is killing a lot of the servers the past few weeks, is the bad match ups.
If the match ups were somewhat even, (I understand it the top 3 might get bored facing only each other each week) then it wouldnt be so bad. But FA, last week faced SoR almost single handedly (DB hardly showed up, and when they did they were more of a nuscance than anything, kitten we were karma training most of the week), and this week we are facing JQ almost singlehandedly (SoS do show up, but thus far are hardly a threat).
It wouldnt be so bad to face a teir 1 server if we had an equal third, but these past two match ups have been bullkitten.

A TC FA DB match up is more equal, sure losing everything to a 40 man zerg pvd stuff early in the morning, but such is the life, as we can build it up again, but in these past two match ups we lose everything and have no hope of holding anything.

I love WvW, but to watch everything gained get lost not long after my guild logs off is a bit heartbreaking. Its like putting so much hard work into something, (Even if its just watching a tower) and have it smashed on the ground, and splinter in so many pieces it can not be repaired.

I look at the leagues, and if this is what its gonna be like in the leagues then it is gonna suck.

Players Blame Yourselves

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Sorry, but I think that’s a ridiculously ignorant argument. I’ve played on Devona’s Rest since launch and experienced a very wide variety of server populations. In the beginning, DR had very low population, and since ANet so witlessly created WvW such that population and coverage was EVERYTHING, we lost every match for something like 12 weeks straight. Other guilds gradually migrated from top servers to ours in order to have a bigger impact, and we slowly advanced up to Tier 5 (maybe even Tier 4 for a week or two … don’t remember for sure) and had a lot more enjoyable battles along the way. After the addition of drop loot that encouraged flipping and zergs, and more recently the announcement of leagues, population gradually declined again and WvW is now virtually unplayable. Prime time on low pop servers means a small zerg flipping undefended camps, towers, and occasional keeps for the rewards while barely having enough people left over to bother hanging on to our own BL bloodlust points. It isn’t fun, there isn’t a lick of strategy involved, and rather little open field PvP. I loved the premise and promise of WvW, but if I actually want to keep playing it I will have to switch servers because what is left here is not WvW.

So don’t tell me that population imbalance across servers is strictly the fault of players. It isn’t. It’s the fault of ANet for designing a game mode that ENCOURAGES … almost forces … players to head to servers that already have high populations, and virtually every change they’ve made since launch has exacerbated the problem. Clueless game design is the problem here.

Time for an analogy (I love analogies). Let’s say that I buy a large section of land and create a competition that involves physical contact of some sort. I collect a one-time entrance fee from participants and have them sign up for one of about twenty different teams. I generate a schedule of competitions that pits three teams against each other at a time. Players get free beer and new shirts for whatever mayhem they are able to inflict upon other players on the field … individually or as a group … and teams that are winning are allowed to carry bigger sticks. Winning the match itself doesn’t count for anything at all, and after every match players are allowed to switch teams if they are willing to pay me an amount equal to roughly one third of their original entrance fee or refund back some of the beer I gave them. When players complain that the matches are not fair I tell them that they were never intended to be and that they always have the recourse of changing teams.

Sound familiar?? And if the players decide to mostly migrate to a few larger teams, is that their fault or is it mine?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]