Players collisions

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: dadamowsky.4692

dadamowsky.4692

Idk if the topic was already discussed, please ignore if so.

Everytime I enter WvW I feel tremendously useless without a zerg. A true, huge zerg that melt my GPU. Melee train power, boon stacking, area healing… every trump card is given to the larger forces, without punishing it in the most obvious way – by taking an actual space. What would it change? Well, taking chokepoints into the consideration would actualy be sensible. Narrow passages, broken gates or wall segments could be defended by way smaller, but organised groups (at least delaying enemy forces if not repeling them). It could develop some kind of formations in the open space battles, breaking lines, flanking etc. instead of mindless trains. I guess it’s an idea worth testing at least.

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I also kind of wish that body-blocking was possible in WvW. Of course, I also recognize the sheer amount of same team griefing that would immediately start happening…

Server: Devona’s Rest

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Being a programmer, I know for a fact that collision is one of the most time-consuming things that exist. You want WvW to lag more? Yeah to collisions!

Remember when ArenaNet limited the AOE? Well, deciding who is impacted and who is not is one sort of collision. So, actually if you want to be able to play WvW, you don’t want collisions.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: dadamowsky.4692

dadamowsky.4692

I forgot that old “beeing a kitten” was replaced by “a art of trolling”. Have to think a while on how to overcome the issue of players loving to ruin others fun. Maybe collisions turining on in a “fight” state? Or in a specific radius from enemy? Players beeing able to push obstacle after a specific time?

@Fror
Does it really take so much of the resources? There are collision after all with other objects and terrain – is it different?

(edited by dadamowsky.4692)

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

@Fror
Does it really take so much of the resources? There are collision after all with other objects and terrain – is it different?

Terrain normally doesn’t move, thats a big difference.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

They also need to make it so you can step on Asura and squish them if you are a charr or norn.

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

The terrain collision check is done locally on your own computer (that’s why there are so many wall exploits in dungeons and pve and sometimes pvp). If you want collisions between players, it has to be done both on the client and the server (because if you don’t do it on the server, some might simply find a way to deactivate it on the client and not collide anymore at all).

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Imagine the bugs that would come from collision being implemented. Not to mention the griefing.
WvW maps are not large enough for this anyway. The impact would be far reaching & mostly negative.

Naz ©

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Nothing more annoying than trying to kite and some kitten is blocking your exit behind you. I’ve suggested collision myself as a way to reduce zerging. Yet I don’t know if it would really work. TESO has collision and still has zergs.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Imagine the impact if corpses had collision whether intentional or unintentional.

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

The griefing potential is more than enough to make this idea a non-starter..

but let’s ignore the malicious problems for now and think about these: what happens at waypoints? the trading post NPCs at hubs?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Collisions would be problematic as most have stated. What the current issue is is that AOE’s trump siege. Make it so that only siege can take out siege and so a 40 man blob cannot run alongside a keep wall destroying it with impunity and watch the dynamics of the game change!

Theftwind (HoD)

Players collisions

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No just no, and yes has has been brought up along with several valid reasons why it is a bad idea.