Players completely invisible post-update (Oct 7)

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

Here’s a pic I posted in another thread, from some wvw earlier.. both opponents and allies invisible, NEEDS a fix.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

This is turning into a serious critical hit for the game. I could understand the first problem of enemies not loading in WvW, and yes it was annoying, but at least if i waited for 5-10 seconds 85% of their zerg would show up.
But now npc’s dont load, my own team doesnt load, my weapon models dont load if i switch to often, and major cities are not loading. The longer this takes to be fixed the less players there will be. i’ve already had a good chunk of the people i play with quit because of the old rendering problem and with this new turn of events i’m considering it too.
For a game to be hyping giant WvW battles it is beyond stupid IMO to release it when it cant even handle loading the player models. Get it together Anet or be ready to say good bye to a giant chunk of your player base.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeul.1068

Jeul.1068

I loved when the one Dev came out and started on about the ‘mechanical, spinning parts’ and the limitations of them. Well, I have a SSD with GW2 and Windows on it, 8 gigs RAM, i5 CPU – and it still does this like crazy. Care to explain?

Also, if every other game we play can render PCs and NPCs on the fly, what gives?

Ranger of The Eventide Concordat
www.Eventide-Concordat.com
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

Its on their end Jeul, always has been. word is that they cut some corners and used some cheaper stuff to try and save money, now its come back to bite them in the kitten. Is this true, i dont know. it’s just what i’ve read on the forums.

in WvW

Posted by: Auroma.9126

Auroma.9126

After this patch my character has been stuck 3 times and is unable to move. All 3 times I was ressing my friends and got stuck in that position. Twice there was no enemy nearby (I had no movement restriction debuff), I waited like 2 mins but still could not use movement keys (no I was not typing in chat box), had to teleport to Overlook to get moving again. 3rd time i was in combat, got stuck and as a result died. I hope this gets fixed soon, never happened before.
Plus youtube is now filled with invisible battle videos of GW2 WvWvW, I hope Anet fixes it soon as no one wants to die to an invisible zerg.

(edited by Auroma.9126)

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Having just taken part in a 2 v 4 I was unable to see my ally (1 person) or any of the 4 enemies. We downed one and he showed up on the floor while downed but the other 3 continued to remain invisible while able to target them.

Last night this was not an issue, large groups would show up quite effectively, now you can’t even see a single person. This is a huge problem for WvW.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: pointaction.4639

pointaction.4639

Late last night I was playing in WvW then I died then ported back to waypoint then my weapons were invisible and players were too. Then I got killed because I could not see anyone at all had use tab key find what to shoot at. I again ported back waypoint then repaired then my gear was invisible so I was naked.

This was not good but it was entertaining running around with invisible gear.

The Dragon Core [DC]

in WvW

Posted by: Ceelaniri.8410

Ceelaniri.8410

This issue makes it pretty hard to enjoy WvW.

it is impossible to assess a situation and make the correct moves which is the essence of pvp.

Now it s just a gamble where one would hope not to walk through a whole zerg on his/her own.

Desdaemon Frag
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Kyma Grey.9410

Kyma Grey.9410

To be honest with you all, this does not bother me much. Sure, it is annoying to get hit or even killed by a hidden thief, but keep in mind :

When the 3 server decide, it´s time to retake Stonemist, well with all the Siege Weapons and the particle effects and the amount of player and none players on screen, don´t you think that this might be a simple server/client issue, maybe even because the connection (latency) btw. server<->client is high and yhis could probably be the culprit in this matter?

My adivce : avoid big zergs (3 server at one spot), try to divide the power into smaller teams(objectives, 4 maps) and i´m sure 99% of the WvWvW fanbase are still going to have a lot of fun, while we wait for an official statement.

(do some sPvP or craft for Legendaries, more than enough content out there, WvWvW is just one part of the cake)

Darkroom JP Annoyance http://is.gd/erW1Ov
AMD 13.×.beta4 Test http://is.gd/mRomyO

in WvW

Posted by: volmok.3580

volmok.3580

I think it is worth mentioning that also NPC models fail to load.
I experienced this after player models started to fail loading. After 5 sec allied models failed to load.
I teleported back to base and I saw that the merchants were not there, but if I clicked on the spot the usually are I was able to sell and buy.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

I am just here to confirm that after last night’s patch/update rendering in WvW went from perfectly fine for me (I have always been able to see around 100 of people on screen at once) to not even being able to see my own party in an area with no one else around but just us.

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Pass this on to the team? I hate to be crass, but how is this not a known issue among the devs? This is a huge, and very serious issue that needs to be fixed before you start seeing massive drop in playerbase. It’s gotten exponentially worse in the last 2-3 patches.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Funny how you still see commander icon, but not commander character. If you target somebody you still see red mark floating in air.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

I keep getting the feeling that the render engine simply cant handle it. Meaning there wont be any fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

Well like the most that experience this, I have it too. Fun is walking in an aproaching zerg and not seeing them at all. Got wiped in 1 sec and not knowing where it came from seeing after 10 secs “owww that’s why” Respawning to waypoint walking trough gate get reload screen and Bam! Client freeze.

WvW is starting to get annoying and frustrating in this way.

in WvW

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

WvW is completely ruined good job guys.

in WvW

Posted by: deltafrog.8094

deltafrog.8094

This is definitely a new bug. I had no problems before now nothing will load. I was going around with the same people (allies not enemies) for 30 minutes and they didn’t load in that time. This bug currently means that there is no way I can play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

I’ve been very patient, and quite supportive of ArenaNet in all of this, but even I have to admit that, with the way things stand post-last-evening’s-patch, this is the first time since launch I can actually say I’m not looking forward to playing WvWvW tonight.

It makes me thankful I have a social commitment this evening. Otherwise, I’d be rather bummed.

The next time I get any substantial time to play will be Friday evening (Training Tuesday and Thursday night, and an evening class on Wednesday). I sincerely hope this has been rectified by then.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I am just here to confirm that after last night’s patch/update rendering in WvW went from perfectly fine for me (I have always been able to see around 100 of people on screen at once) to not even being able to see my own party in an area with no one else around but just us.

Same, I had very few issues with players not being visible before the update… now it’s very rare when I can see any npc or player at all – . – I don’t particularly care for PvE… so until this is resolved I just won’t play gw2.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

I am sorry to say this, but player culling will NEVER be fixed. It will only get worse. It’s a by-product of all the player customizations in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Uder.9187

Uder.9187

It got worse than better:

- completely invidible characters enemies and own players
- Guardian nerf
- Thief nerf
- Ranger nerf

The Iron Triangle – Desolation
Leina Shade | Svea Lightbringer | Maximus Ironhide | Mara Deathblossom

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

I encountered this last night as well. It is a totally different beast from the culling we normally see as nothing but my 4 party members and monsters were rendering. Not even veterent guards were rendering! I restarted the game and then everything was fine again. What I know is that it started when I used Garrison wp and a lot of othrs used it at the same time while I was in a zerg. Perhaps that is related.

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Screenshot of the situation right now…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Screenshot of the situation right now…

I hate to be crass, but that’s just kittening awful. How can we be play a game when stationary NPCs aren’t even loading? Really don’t understand how 100vs100 was fine during beta weekends and now post release it’s a mess? How are we taking steps backwards? Eh?

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Baelnorn.5710

Baelnorn.5710

I’ve decided to be a bit funny about this issue…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Yougottawanna.7420

Yougottawanna.7420

I was aware of pop-in problems before the patch, but they only occasionally happened, or when a portal bomb was used. Now they’re happening all the time, much worse than before.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacky Nipper.3846

Jacky Nipper.3846

Hate to say, but all problems with invisible players disappeared for me with this last patch and I am not trolling, there is smt terribly wrong.

Jacky Nipper – Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: mikefmc.5961

mikefmc.5961

Chiming in to say yep this is happening to me as well post update.

Baqir | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

After this patch my character has been stuck 3 times and is unable to move. All 3 times I was ressing my friends and got stuck in that position. Twice there was no enemy nearby (I had no movement restriction debuff), I waited like 2 mins but still could not use movement keys (no I was not typing in chat box), had to teleport to Overlook to get moving again. 3rd time i was in combat, got stuck and as a result died. I hope this gets fixed soon, never happened before.
Plus youtube is now filled with invisible battle videos of GW2 WvWvW, I hope Anet fixes it soon as no one wants to die to an invisible zerg.

This has worked twice for people in my guild, though to be honest I was just joking around when I suggested it…

When you get stuck like that, type:

/dance

Then you can move again.

Also note, both people who had this happen, also got the invisibility bug as well. Not sure if stuck and invisible are tied together.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

Posted by: Kyrul.7681

Kyrul.7681

Same here, I never had significant issues with non-loaded players until this patch. Client restart seems to make it a little better, but it’ll still happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexd.4796

Hexd.4796

Seeing the same thing here and I only rarely had the culling issue before the patch

in WvW

Posted by: Shintai.5618

Shintai.5618

Viable tactic and part of the gaming experience!

Oh wait….

I started to shoot/hit in blind, because suddenly there is something, you just cant see it.

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Could not see players of either side, or merchants in the camp. Nameplates included, icons over head (Merchant, Repair, Commander etc) showed fine but all else invisible.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Anti.5642

Anti.5642

There’s the Culling and there’s This (WTFIMDEAD)

This can be temporarily fixed by restarting your client, however, it will inevitably be back forcing you to have to restart and wait in Qs again.

in WvW

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

Come on ArenaNet, this is like defcon-5 gamebreaking right now. This (the new issue introduced Oct. 7) as well as the horrendously bad player culling behavior need a fix ASAP, even an interim fix is better than nothing, which is in turn better than taking a step backward. Step it up.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

in WvW

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

This is definitely a new post-patch problem. Never had culling/rendering/pop-in problems before but now almost all PCs, both friendly and enemy, are permanently invisible. Even NPCs are taking 30-60s to load in.

WvW is pretty much unplayable at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Rollback to last patch. Terrible job. Don’t fix whats not broken.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Thorvald.5432

Thorvald.5432

WvW is unplayable. Need hotfix

Invaders [Inv] – Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jersoc.1275

Jersoc.1275

I can’t even see our own team let alone the enemy. It’s unplayable right now

in WvW

Posted by: Anwedie.2360

Anwedie.2360

I can’t see ANY enemies, holy god they made culling worse somehow. Even NPCs load slowly in now. I should go set-up my commodore 64, apparently that’s the type of person they want to be able to play the game. I’d rather the server crashed than culling.

in WvW

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

Signed.

I have to park somewhere and wait 5 minutes when entering a new area in WvW just so I can be sure all the players are loaded.

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

in WvW

Posted by: Cernow.3974

Cernow.3974

Just had to bail from WvW on Gandara (EU) server as kept getting killed by invsible enemies. Not much fun taking damage from enemies who won’t even load on your screen. This has happened both in the zerg and in small scale encounters away from the zerg. I’ve not had problems like this before the latest patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

@Cernow: I had the same problem, I’d just be running supply and re-enforcements through and all of a sudden we’d get steamrolled by a zerg that didn’t even load until after we were all dead. Not even the player names were showing up.

It’s not for every player either. There have been situations where people have gone chasing off the wall to their death cos they were convinced there were only four people stood outside a tower when infact it’s more like fifty. I know there are some stealth AoE skills but I don’t think they can last that long on that many moving targets. Those who could see what we were up against got verbal abuse for not jumping headlong into a huge zerg. When your team don’t know why they are being killed they start getting nasty and it’s completely counter to the whole idea of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

For me, the serious issues started with the update on Oct 3rd. I started having very serious skill lag issues (skills wouldnt activate, or would activate ten seconds after I pressed them). The game would constantly freeze as well.

With the latest update, not only has THAT problem gotten worse, but things like culling have as well. I am guessing that what we are experiencing is related to culling, though maybe not. I think its probably a fix gone very, very wrong.

I even started a new character, thinking that my level 80 might be an issue just with all the the extra information under its belt, but no go. The new character was literally being forced across the screen in various directions for a few seconds at a time (in PvE, mind you). I would be running forward, and the animation was correct, but it was like I was being pulled by an invisible force. Much faster than in game movement as well.

I am an ardent supporter of GW2 and Anet, but everyone has their limits. These types of things are absolutely game-breaking. Odd thing is, at launch, it seemed like the game was significantly more stable than it is now, and I see that thought mirrored by some other people as well.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I hope the recent hackings have nothing to do with this issue. On topic: It was a hopeless situation in WvW today. I broke my armor more times than I care to remember constantly getting overrun by ghost zergs.

(edited by OmniPotentes.4817)

in WvW

Posted by: skwas.9873

skwas.9873

WvW is absolutely unplayable now. Prior to todays patch there were cases of invisible armies yes, but now everyone and everything is invisible, npc’s, enemies and friendlies except for minions lol. After teleporting to spawn, even waiting for 5 minutes doesn’t fix it. I have to load back to Lion’s Arch and back into WvW… :x

skwas aka Corwann – Warrior/Guardian
[CC] Crimson Conspiracy
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Over the course of the last 3 1/2 h or so when I lead my servers Zerg my vision was like this.
Start: I see 99% of my team. The enemy loads slow buty they load. NPCs like Tower guards etc. are visibile all the time.
After 1h: Enemys start only to pop up after dead. I see rougly 80% of my guys. NPCs are still fine.
1h and 50 mins: Name bars over the enemy don’t show anymore. I don’t see my Mesmer clonse. I see roughly 35% of my team. NPCs guards take some time to load.
After 2 1/2 h: The enemys do not spawn enemy more. THe only way to tell if there is an enemy is by spamming Aoe and looking for numbers or Tabbing. I only see like 10% of my team. NPC’s guards take very long to load and some don’t appear. Wildlife is fine.
After 3h: I see non of my team. No enemy. My character and his Illusions are Invisible to me. NPCs don’t show up either. Wildlife is fine. The game is a wold of spamming AoE and looking for tapped red arrows. We think we ran into enemy zergs twic or so but we might just killed a bunsh of randomes or they walked by us. there is no way to tell. I am walking around spamming 1 looking where th beam of my GS goes.
3 1/2: The map is empty for me. THe only thing I can see is the red tab arrow and the finish and ress icons. Some AoE animations show up some don’t. On the bright site I could see all the ranger pets all the time. Some of the look really nice.

It was hard to lead something you can’t see vs something you can’t see XD

Blub.

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

This is how nearly every fight since the update looks like.

I couldn’t see a single enemy or allie for more then 3 min.
There are even rendering problems with small groups. We had a 3vs3 fight and it took about 15 seconds to show all enemy characters.

Attachments:

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

Here is another one:

Attachments:

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Over the course of the last 3 1/2 h or so when I lead my servers Zerg my vision was like this.
Start: I see 99% of my team. The enemy loads slow buty they load. NPCs like Tower guards etc. are visibile all the time.
After 1h: Enemys start only to pop up after dead. I see rougly 80% of my guys. NPCs are still fine.
1h and 50 mins: Name bars over the enemy don’t show anymore. I don’t see my Mesmer clonse. I see roughly 35% of my team. NPCs guards take some time to load.
After 2 1/2 h: The enemys do not spawn enemy more. THe only way to tell if there is an enemy is by spamming Aoe and looking for numbers or Tabbing. I only see like 10% of my team. NPC’s guards take very long to load and some don’t appear. Wildlife is fine.
After 3h: I see non of my team. No enemy. My character and his Illusions are Invisible to me. NPCs don’t show up either. Wildlife is fine. The game is a wold of spamming AoE and looking for tapped red arrows. We think we ran into enemy zergs twic or so but we might just killed a bunsh of randomes or they walked by us. there is no way to tell. I am walking around spamming 1 looking where th beam of my GS goes.
3 1/2: The map is empty for me. THe only thing I can see is the red tab arrow and the finish and ress icons. Some AoE animations show up some don’t. On the bright site I could see all the ranger pets all the time. Some of the look really nice.

It was hard to lead something you can’t see vs something you can’t see XD

Similar experience, got progressively worse until I got tired of it and quit. Restarting the client could be a temporary solution, but not if you’re on a realm with queue times.