Players completely invisible post-update (Oct 7)

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Yeah, it’s really bad for me as well, in a completely different way. My teammates aren’t rendering either now. Relogging seems to help, but only for awhile, and there is of course the queue.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Esper.3721

Esper.3721

I want to add that this has nothing to do with how many people there are. I lost a 2vs2 in an open field fight, because a guardian (!) was invisible and therefore untargetable until after he stomped me.

I first thought it was a gimmicky thief…

Later it got even worse with 50+ allies and enemies around me being completely invisible and untargetable.

If you need to load 3d models at a later time, I have no problem with that, but at least display their name, profession, health and make them targetable.

Ideally enemies who hit me should have loading priority, but with the invisibilty problem right now, this is completely utopian <.<

in WvW

Posted by: Anwedie.2360

Anwedie.2360

It seems almost like a “memory leak”. The longer you play the more people who disappear. I’m down to not seeing ANYONE, except a pet here and there. Does relogging fix it? I’d rather not sit in a queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Prototype.9852

Prototype.9852

Just few screenshots from a 3way siege on a keep, yes, I think the whole 3 servers players are here. That’s what I, and everyone else see.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ajc.4735

ajc.4735

From today’s post about sPVP…

*So when we say we’ll show something “when it’s ready,” we really mean it. *

I guess that means everything but patches that completely wreck a major part of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

Couple I just took, can someone please explain to me why last nights patch hasn’t been rolled back yet? WvW isn’t playable at all right now.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Followed an invisible commander in an invisible zerg against an invisible enemy for about an hour last night.

Totally broken game.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

HD 7850
i5-3570k
8Gb Ram
SSD

Result?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/yazid901/Gw2_2012_10_09_09_10_32_370.jpg

Anet, I don’t even…

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

I didn’t get this happen to me at all tonight. Maybe I just got lucky.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Wahii.5310

Wahii.5310

WvW is completely unplayable right now. The only other player I have seen in the last 2 hours has been the other guy in my party.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Introducing-Guild-War-2-Invisible-10-8-update

Check my thread. Don’t you know this is now the new game mode in WvW? xD

I’ve even included a video of it

*trolls*

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

in WvW

Posted by: Woodsy.2017

Woodsy.2017

This is quite literally unplayable guys…. Noticeably worse since last patch. Been in this Borderland for quite some time. Last picture is after leaving to Lions Arch and returning… Changing GFX options to lowest seems to make it a little bit better but sigh

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrows MERC Commander, Clarice Woods
http://blacklion.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I quit wvwvw for the first time ever tonight. It’s too gd frustrating since yesterday. YOU BROKE WVWVW Arenanet. I demand specific plans, milestones and a commitment to fix this, not some lame “we will look into it” palliative.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

I encountered this today for the first time. I but hadn’t done WvW in a few days so not sure how long it’s been going on (i.e. can’t connect it to patch day).

Basically it started out when I tab targeting an enemy player that was only visible as a red arrow over his head. I thought it was a glitched rogue or something. I downed and finished him but he didn’t appear until a little while after he was dead. I immediately tab-targetted another and another, none visible. As I moved toward the major fight there were no visible enemies. All I could do was tab target and attack air.

Later I was running down a road and tab targetted an invisible player again right in front of me. Based on the attacks I was suffering I had a feeling I had run into an invisible zerg. Sure enough, shortly after I died about 20+ players drew on my screen.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I too have noticed a much worse rendering after the patch.
Much of the time, I see very few (if any) enemies for quite some time, eventhough I target enemies or can see nametags.

Something is definitely made worse.

in WvW

Xandax.1753

It seems almost like a “memory leak”. The longer you play the more people who disappear. I’m down to not seeing ANYONE, except a pet here and there. Does relogging fix it? I’d rather not sit in a queue.

It’s not memory related, nor does it seem playing time is related from what I experienced last night.

And relogging – I doubt it’ll help other than placing you back in the queue when you get in, so you can’t play WvW which … well might be a ‘fix’

in WvW

Posted by: Roezz.5460

Roezz.5460

Relogging fixes the problem, but it’s only temporary. I was in WvW all day and many more than 20-25 people on teamspeak were able to fix the problem, myself included by relogging.

Personally, how fast the problem progressed depended on how many enemies I saw. As soon as it was a large force of 40-50 plus on both sides it would progress to the point of can’t see anything. Enemies first, then NPC’s and team mates.

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

It was hilarious, for the entire duration of WvW since game launch I never saw these invisible character models, even in 30v30 battles(never really seen larger) that everyone had been mentioning, and I play like 4 hours daily

Then, it patches, we log back into WvW, go defend garrison, 15v15 and WE CANT SEE kitten CAPTAIN

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

i was just playing wvw in eternal, it seems better to me as i was only standing in a tower watching for potential invaders, every npc or enemy shows up. however there was one time i and two mates fighting a thief, he killed my mate and me and downed another mate, without re-appear from invisible

in WvW

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

This is definitely new since the last patch. I’m seeing teammates as floating names now and enemies go invisible randomly. And not even in huge clustered fights i’ve seen it happen in small skermishes. Sometimes i just see floating names, and if its a commander, sometimes just the floating blue icon. its pretty silly atm, and everyones commenting it in map and/or team chat so its definitely wide spread

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

This is happening now in PvE as well and its not an immediate effect but an overtime build-up of sorts. At first you can enter a map and see everything but overtime it piles on and on, and eventually nothing starts to load for a long time. This issue appeared earlier while running about Frostgorge, after about an hour in the zone all I saw were nametags. WvW was exceptionally bad after only one large encounter.

Its as if the code started dumping everything into memory and then never cleaned it out, and so you quickly hit a bottleneck on the computer as available mem for the game dries up.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

unplayable in WvW at the moment

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Guys chill.

Anet has said this issue is top priority for their programming team.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I’ve never been critical about Anet or Guild Wars 2. Awesome game guys. But this problem is going to kill your game, if cheats don’t kill it 1st. The game is pretty much done if those 2 things are not fixed.

I realize this is your top priority, but your actions tell a different story. While your busy nerfing professions, messing with the drop rate and messing with dungeons and farmers, which hurt players your not releasing patches to fix these major problems and hurting player more, so you are killing your game. You guys need to get your priority strait. You need hack checks with an auto banning feature when the client is detected to be modified or using hack, and you need to fix this stupid invisible players if you want to have a serious PVP game nuff said or your game will die very fast.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

Lol guys its like you dont want to read, they explained to you that they have teams for such things. And it was here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-outlines-guild-wars-2-live-game-development/

As they said they work on it… also its new system to the MMORPG can you be patient and wait there are many other things to do too ( lets say you talk about WvW other talk about broken SP they work on everything they cant make everything in one day). Auctually i dont know that problem since i havent played WvW since the last patch im busy doing dungeons also theese last days i have test in school but when im done that will be tommorow night ill sure test that and tell you my results.

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Warlord

I realize this is your top priority, but your actions tell a different story. While your busy nerfing professions, messing with the drop rate and messing with dungeons and farmers, which hurt players your not releasing patches to fix these major problems and hurting player more, so you are killing your game.

It’s such a falacy to think that while they’re working on one thing they can’t work on something else at the same time. There’s in software / game development usually multiple specialized teams of which the resources more often than not aren’t fully interchangable so even if for example a large part of the class dev team’s resources were temporarily assigned to solve WvW bugs or develop anti hack tools, they wouldn’t be able to contribute that much because it’s not their specialization and they haven’t been directly involved (much) with the development of that part of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: WreckSC.1835

WreckSC.1835

Just to add my feedback on this issue (didn’t try WvW last night as I found the same thing happening in PvE and my brain told me going into WvW would be suicide):

I had this happen during the Claw of Jormag fight last night. From start to finish I could see only at maxiumum about 6 players during the fight, I could however see the zerg worth of projectiles / fireballs / bolts going flying at the thing so I knew there was the usual vast mob of players there, including 4 of my guildmates (none of which I could see either). I hadn’t been online very long at all and after the fight was over it went up to being able to see about 20 players although I know from the speed the dragon went down there must have been over 100 there at least.

Before the patch I would from time to time get pop in during Zerg vs Zerg or the player draw distance on enemies would shorten quite a bit but after a couple of seconds it would fix itself. Last night it was just permenant whenever there was more than about 10 players around and people were fighting.

Also happened to me later on in Orr during a dynamic event where I only knew I wasn’t alone fighting there again by seeing other players projectiles and spell effects going off around me, every now and again a player would draw in then dissappear if they moved more than about 2 feet from my character.

Good luck fixing this one guys, hope you get it sorted soon

in WvW

Posted by: Esper.3721

Esper.3721

in WvW

Posted by: Vicar.7921

Vicar.7921

This is what happens when ambition is +10 but knowledge is +1. Sadly, this is the prevailing wind in game development these days.

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Don’t worry guys. They’re aware of the problem.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

As they said they work on it… also its new system to the MMORPG can you be patient and wait there are many other things to do too ( lets say you talk about WvW other talk about broken SP they work on everything they cant make everything in one day). Auctually i dont know that problem since i havent played WvW since the last patch im busy doing dungeons also theese last days i have test in school but when im done that will be tommorow night ill sure test that and tell you my results.

Can you tell me what this “new system to the MMORPG” is that you talk about? Massive battles?

DAoC, WAR and Planetside (1 and 2) tell you otherwise.

Granted, all of them did have problems with massive battles too, but nothing as ridiculous as 99% invisible enemies.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: whiskyjack.7962

whiskyjack.7962

hahahaha that marco polo bit was hilarious!

in WvW

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

Just chipping in with – unplayable for me last night. Not only did enemies fail to load but so did most of my team. Pretty hard to follow the leader when he is invisible. 2 hours of confusion and several wipes out of nowhere and I had to log off for my sanity.

Will not be returning until it is fixed I’m afraid as it simply is unplayable. Hope the fix comes in soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Please make this a priority.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Jason King
Rapid Response Embed
Thanks for the reports, everyone! This is a programming priority today, and we’re working to get this fixed as soon as possible.

You got an answer here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Everyone-went-invisible-during-WvW-including-NPC-s

in WvW

Posted by: Felgor.9341

Felgor.9341

Having the very same issue. Not able to see players at all, however I can see their pets just fine. When in keeps and towers, I can see the NPC’s names, but there bodies are invisible.

Felgor [GoTF]
Level 80 Asura Guardian
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

Had the same issue last night WWW allthough the other members of my party were just fine.

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i like it when large portions of my group or my enemies randomly suddenly vanish right in front of me.

adds an extra element of suspence to the game.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: Cordlessjoe.2415

Cordlessjoe.2415

they best not post rankings after this week people will not be happy

in WvW

Posted by: MassRelay.9327

MassRelay.9327

I’ve taken a break from WvW until this is resolved. It’s embarrassing.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Monsoon.2589,
nah, this new bug could be. Again, this is clearly 2 different bugs.

Npcs don’t load. that sounds more like a client based rendering issue, then the server-side culling issue.
reloading seems to clear it up, until you run out of cache again, at which point it happens again. Again, implying THIS one is client based.

in WvW

Posted by: Hitgirl.2810

Hitgirl.2810

Not only players but now Merchants are going invisible for me when there is only 5-6 players around all i see is the gold icon in mid air now. Please fix this Arena Net.

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

Stonemist defenses are impossible after the latest patch. Last night an army of invisible attackers waltzed right past our defensive siege unseen. Please make this a priority to fix as large scale wvw is unplayable after the recent patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Hokouro.3469

Hokouro.3469

Bad client and bad server side…

Sad for us

You need to fix this quickly.

in WvW

Posted by: DaysOfNIght.5928

DaysOfNIght.5928

> Last night an army of invisible attackers waltzed right past our defensive siege unseen.

Did they use /waltz ?

in WvW

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

Its the same thing is PvE in some areas wheres theres alot of people doing events. You only see arrows flying around. Orr events mostly

in WvW

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

habib one of the programmers was in game in WvW (monday) actively working on the issue even going as far as using /shout to ask the entire wvw who could see and who couldn’t.

I took the opportunity to message him and he responded. He and his team are actively working on the issue as best they can.

Im the first one to crap on Anet for the issues just look at my post…but talking to habib I had some renewed faith that they are doing the best they can…you guys should too.

in WvW

Posted by: ecwoodrow.7034

ecwoodrow.7034

This happened to me once before the patch actually, but its definitely gotten more prevalent since the latest patch.

Atsug Em – [RvR] – lvl 80 Engineer – IoJ
Tryggon Gathol – [RvR] – lvl 80 Warrior – IoJ
Sechnal – [RvR] – lvl 80 Ranger – IoJ

in WvW

Xandax.1753

Completely unplayable for me tonight. Can’t see enemies, can’t see most friendlies, can see few guards……

I’ll be back in the game when this is fixed. Until then – time better spend elsewhere.

(edited by Xandax.1753)