Players completely invisible post-update (Oct 7)

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

I hardly doubt my voice means anything along with everyone else’s here, but if it adds just even an iota of pressure for ANet to fix this issue – then I’m going to add it.

You guys need to fix this, and fix it fast. Most WvW guilds for the past month have been absolutely gracious with the amount of leniency they’ve given you Arenanet. They have played this game throughout you:

- Stuffing their servers beyond capacity, (look at henge)
- Openly allowing free server transfers far past a sensible date that have negatively affected WvW and server communities, (look at henge)
- Having a severe lack of progression & rewards for WvW (look at henge now)
- Dragging your feet dealing with botters, hackers and exploiters
- Serious culling issue in WvW

Now, the culling issue has gotten worse. Much worse. At it’s current level – it’s absolutely unacceptable. The prospect of going into another server reset with this culling issue the way it is is disappointing. Most of my guild were pretty frustrated/disgusted tonight.

This ruins the game. This makes the game not fun. In my guild, we pride ourselves on being organized and skillful enough to be able to take 2 or 3x our numbers at times simply through coordination, skill and teamwork. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do that when we cannot see anyone.

Losing fights because you were outplayed? We can deal with that.
Losing fights because we were zerged? It sucks, but we can deal with that.
Losing fights because WE CANNOT SEE THE ENEMY FROM START TO BEING FINISHED? UNACCEPTABLE!

Not sure how much longer you expect people to put up with this.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

I’m asking here because this is the only thread on the first page that has the red “Anet was here” logo or w/e. i know there was one more then “oh hay guyz i seez your posts let me tell otherz byebye” thats on the first page of this post by some dude who’s name started with an H. Halibi or Habili or something but i cant find it. (i didnt look >.<)
Has there been any word from them at all in the past two days? I check the forums every now and then and this is the only red topic thats still on first page so i’m assuming no news?
And why hasnt there been news. its been almost 4 days now. even a “we’re still working on it” would be nice. or maybe a “we found the problem it’ll be out tuesday!” which would suck since they’re waiting but at least it would give us something.
Please?

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I tried pvping the past 2 days with this issue, and I just can’t do it… It’s just not fun

I was at a supply camp last night, I could see some of the people right up until we got there, and instantly everyone vanished because it seems there was also an invisible zerg there from the opposing side that none of us saw as we were running up, We just saw the projectiles when we got there, and then everyone is vanishing on my team and I can see their projectiles but nothing else.. ..

Simply un-fun, this will kill this game, This is the Illum moment of this game, and not coming out and providing more info is silly.. Just flat out remove your kitteny Culling system, It makes no sense in a Massive MMO, other then to trick people into thinking you’ve created this great massive scale game only to be nothing more then a Fraud.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

To those saying that they aren’t communicating, what do you expect the PR people to say? They’ve said they are working on it and all they can say past that is the same thing. If you’re curious, though, the WvW developers were in-game all of Monday and Tuesday, shouting to the whole map in WvW for people to explain their status. The people who need to be doing something are doing it. I can only hope they give us something tonight.
<snip>

Well; Whether they’re working to identify the bug – whether they’ve identified it and working on a fix – whether they think they’ve fixed it and are in test phase.
Information that would indicate how long time we have to not play this game would be information many people would appreciate.

Silence does not instil neither patience nor confidence.
I play this game solely for the WvW. Without it; the game is loosing out to other things and if something else grabs me; it loose out entirely. And I know I’m not alone in that line of thinking, and it’s the same line of thinking that hurts previous MMOs.

It’s not a matter of wanting everything now; it’s a matter of being treated as actual customers.

(edited by Xandax.1753)

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHH

Just thought I’d share how I feel playing WvW right now.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

It’s gotten worse, before it was just invisible enemies on the walls once in a while.
Now we have incoming invisible zergs till they hit you on the face.
Even when players are downed the only way i can see they are is because of the red arrow on their face when they are downed.

I have no clue what made it worse, but it’s really a setback from doing WvW

Ex

in WvW

Posted by: volmok.3580

volmok.3580

Could we get this one a sticky?
Also, how do you navigate through board posts in these topics?

in WvW

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

Previous

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Next

Hi everyone.

Please, rest assure that our team is working on this and will update you in due time.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

From a comment on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w7xqKDP28:
“I think the devs loved particle systems so much (read: too much) that they decided to remove anything that was obscuring them (like player models).”

LOL!

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

Thank you so much for responding to our requests for information. Perhaps some information on the the issue could be added to the response? I don not wish to be unseemly or confrontational but the first response from an ANET rep i could find on this issue stating it was being looked into was dated Sep. 21 and its now Oct 11. With aprox 20 days between the similar “were looking into” vague responses, perhaps out of respect to our game community might a small release of more information be authorized? Just so we can feel included as a consumer.

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

This is not about server not having enough bandwidth, it’s an ingame glitch, I’m not sure if anyone has posted their findings instead of QQing but here goes.

I had this glitch happened to me again last night, I play a thief, and when it occurs, all players friends or foe and NPCs were invisible, sieges and pets are ok, but when ever I go stealth, my char remains visibile on screen for the whole duration, no matter which skill I stealth with.

Hope this helps.

in WvW

Posted by: zarg.1853

zarg.1853

in WvW

Xandax.1753

Yeah – that’s pretty much how it is for me and why I can’t bother with WvW and basically the game; whereas before this patch I had very few problems.

It should be possible to look through the change log and source control to see what was changed in this patch and whether it could cause this issue. Because something was changed in the game, and that’s what source control is for.

in WvW

Posted by: CptSlater.2457

CptSlater.2457

Jeffrey Vaughn’s comment in other topic:

Unfortunately, the next content update isn’t until 10/22, so it will be a while before the fix hits the live servers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/story/BUG-The-Battle-of-Fort-Trinity/page/4#post400270

So don’t expect a ninja fix for this.

(edited by CptSlater.2457)

in WvW

FrozeNuggz.7219

Nice video, that pretty much sum’s it up for most players experience in WvW, and why everyone is begging them for some REAL information on this problem. Any thing would be nice, a timeline for a fix? A post saying oops we messed up our culling program, a fix is in progress? How about “our customers will need to have a computer made in the last 4 years to play our game”. Or even a nice post, hey we need to shut down GW2 for a week to fix this, but here is a free 6 months of game play. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Surely they have to hotfix this before Monday? They cannot expect people to put up with a broken game for a full 7 days, my guild has completely stopped doing WvW and that is pretty much all we do.

If they cannot fix this, ROLL BACK THE PREVIOUS PATCH.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Jeffrey Vaughn’s comment in other topic: Unfortunately, the next content update isn’t until 10/22, so it will be a while before the fix hits the live servers.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/story/BUG-The-Battle-of-Fort-Trinity/page/4#post400270

The next content update is the 22nd of October. If this was fixed between now and then I feel sure they’ll release a patch for it before then. It must be one of their top priority because it’s breaking the game for everyone in WvWvW.

For those wanting updates, what updates do you want? “We’re looking for the cause and once we’ve found it we hope to produce a fix for it sometime soon”?

It would be nice to know if they’ve found to root cause, if it’s client-side or server-side but updates would only annoy people further if they’re just “we’re still looking but still don’t know what’s causing it” because that’s just repeating the same information they’ve already given (fixing the problem is usually easier than finding it so that’s probably the stage they’re at).

Anyway I’m not saying don’t be annoyed about this, you’re fully entitled to be annoyed that the product you’ve poured money into is not working but just don’t ask for regular updates; until there’s an actual fix it’ll just be repeating the same information again and again and taking away from time they could be spending looking for (and fixing) the root cause.

in WvW

FrozeNuggz.7219

I guess your right Pifil, I would rather have this fixed and them spend the time on fixing the problem. Still i don’t see how 30 seconds to type out “Hey we haven’t found the problem yet, but we know its server side setting” or " Hi guys our system servers have been compromised and we working on locating the problem and restoring normal function" is a big issue. A few moments of time keeping us customers informed shouldn’t take away that much time from fixing the issue. It also goes along way toward avoiding the Sony style PR nightmare that is developing here.

in WvW

Posted by: KerTilz.5839

KerTilz.5839

You killed WvW. Do you have backup?

Far Shiverpeaks | GreenFire | KerTilz – elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

Lol in Due time…How about a 2 months ago in beta?

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

@CptSlater.2457

If it’s not hotfixed before then, ANet has some serious issues.

@Pifil.5193

You are correct, finding root cause is often way more difficult and time consuming than fixing it.

Given the severity of the issue they better get a fix out soon. Already seeing fewer guildies logging in due to this. Or more correctly, they log into mumble, ask if it is fixed, chat for a bit but don’t log into the game.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

It was really bad last night. Entire enemy raids directly in front of me going invisible or I’m being hit by multiple people and can’t see them.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: DavidOrtiz

Previous

DavidOrtiz

European Community Team Lead

Hi everybody.

The team is fully aware of this and working to get them resolved. We will make you aware when this happens.

Thanks for your understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: pcpsong.3850

pcpsong.3850

Why don’t you just roll back to when…you know…it was working?

Song – Mesmer
[VcY] Velocity – www.velocityeugaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.1679

Halo.1679

So, I use 2 different PC’s to play GW2 from time to time and have noticed that the one with the ATI graphics card is not affected nearly as bad as the other that has an Nvidia card.

From what others are posting about having to restart, it sounds like a memory leak of some kind. Sometimes those are associated with certain brands and models of GPU’s and could be a contributing factor here.

I played DAOC for years and they still never fixed the memory leak with certain ATI cards. If I wasn’t using the Nvidia card when in PvP, I would get a message “out of memory” and have to re-log. At least there I could see all the players until my memory filled up lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Devs, could you maybe make it so you don’t get kicked out of BG if you reconnect? That way ppl could just restart their clients to work around the bug, without having to requeue.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Last night was strangely fine. The five dragon fights I ran around doing, only Claw had any of the missing models everywhere issue. The others were unusually smooth and rendering an unusually large number of people.

WvW was also strangely ok for a while though all I was doing was squatting a tower to keep it defended, so that may have something to do with it. This seems to be a day in, day out issue and on some days its god-awful and on others it doesn’t seem to even appear.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

I really wished there was some sort of hotfix for this incoming. We’re seriously going to be fighting invisible enemies for the next 2 weekends? Brutal.

Also @Halo: I had no problems on my ATI card previous to the last patch (though I saw others complaining of the issue). Anet fixed that for me though, ever since the last patch I have the same issue as everyone else.

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

in WvW

Posted by: Grithan Soulforge.5726

Grithan Soulforge.5726

This “culling” issue apparently has spread into the character creation screen for me.

After playing WvW for a bit last night I decided to roll another character. I hit logout and went back to the character select screen and my characters took a full minute before they rendered on the screen.

I created went to a new character and was greeted with this:

http://db.tt/VrDzDW9o

It took about 90 seconds for the character model to eventually load. I quit and restarted the client and this behavior remained.

I can assure you this was not a problem at launch or two weeks ago when I last played with the new character creation workflow. It’s not a problem in PvE for me. It’s only showing up in WvW and somehow the character creation screen.

Please roll back whatever client side change you made. It’s baffling this hasn’t been done already.

[BfB] Grithan/Trigan – JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Limulus.4380

Limulus.4380

We also witnessed this on the ET/JQ/HoD WvW, almost the entire JQ team was invisible til we were all dead. Perhaps this is working as intented?

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

This is not playable. A third of your game is currently completely broken.

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Because they don’t have the ability to rollback?

Because there’s a whole patch worths of stuff that’s changed since this problem turned up, they’d have to roll back to a pre-patch version which might break even more stuff?

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Because it hasn’t worked properly since release.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Xandax.1753

Well, it seemingly worked a lot more for many before last patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Heron.6859

Heron.6859

They have to undo what they implemented in this current patch or at least look into what was coded.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Tukor.7514

Tukor.7514

Agree 100% with this post.

WvW is actually unplayable -and WvW is why i play this game-.

in WvW

Posted by: ashen.2108

ashen.2108

bought the game for wvw ,,, cant play it , its a crap shoot if i can see any one at all , and even when i do its 5 out of the 40 peopel that are actualy there .
so i try to go pve a bit so i dont waste my time being frustrated with the invisable man , only , cant complete zones because skill points or hearts are bugged :/ so doungions , only thats just as much of a crap shoot , if some one disconects or gets frustrated and quits , the team either just gets kicked , or you cant reenter when finding a replacemnt <ofcorse the rewards are at the end , so you just wasted hours doing that >

this is the only game i can think of that i played that i was totaly inlove with at release , and in a few weeks just gives me head aches thinking about it . at release things seemed to work , wvw all the time , doungions all the time < granted the gorup bug thign was a problum but atleast u could get rewarded for the time you were in there > now guildies wont do either , and vent is filled with angry people , or no people .

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Don’t forget, everyone, this game has still only been out for under two months. Complaining about it is all well and good but keep that in mind. I never played WoW but I’ve been told that even they had a similar problem way back in the day.

They have said numerous times that they are working on it. Have a little faith. Still complain about things that are wrong with the game (how else will they know it’s important to us?) but realize that these things take time. A problem like this is not a misplaced variable or a poorly iterated array. The code for WvW and the culling system is built deep into to core of this games netcode.

Stay respectful and realize it’s not the end of the world….or the game. They’ll fix it. Just give them time :-)

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

Jeffrey Vaughn’s comment in other topic:

Unfortunately, the next content update isn’t until 10/22, so it will be a while before the fix hits the live servers.

if so then dont expect a large player base for this game anymore
but really theres no way in kitten that htey would wait till the 22nd to fix a problem this serious. that Jeff guy is talking about story bugs which, while annoying, dont have as large of an impact as this current rendering issues since its pretty much everywhere now.
I’m gonna try and hold out till next patch day. But with our only responses being cookie cutter “we know about it and working on it” I’m getting more and more disheartened that it will be resolved anytime soon

in WvW

Posted by: Ronin.8095

Ronin.8095

WvW is the only reason I log in.

I am leaving if this isn’t fixed.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely, Everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Jorgamund.7803

Jorgamund.7803

Don’t forget, everyone, this game has still only been out for under two months. Complaining about it is all well and good but keep that in mind. I never played WoW but I’ve been told that even they had a similar problem way back in the day.

Sorry, but no. Every software release has bugs, every graphics-heavy game has glitches, but there is a stark difference between minor anomalies and utterly game-ruining bugs.

It is one thing to have problems like “this quest mob didn’t respawn”, or “the scripted event doesn’t fire when weird condition X happens”, or “the loot was 1.5 silver instead of 15 silver”, two months after release. I expect that. I don’t believe in a world where these things can be prevented.

But to have a new update two months later which completely breaks a major section of a game? Arguably the highly hyped end-game of the MMO in question? That’s not a funny little launch hiccup, that is a sign of a poor software development process.

I don’t make that claim based just on WvW being broken—actually, the update broke three big things in WvW (player visibility, getting credit for keep capturing, and the borderlands jump puzzles), so maybe that alone is sufficient. But you can see the problems in the dev process show through in other places, like the tooltips which don’t have a consistent way to update themselves, the traits that were renamed/re-worded from beta but retained old functionality, the utterly broken state of the TP, the lack of preparation for dealing with exploiters, and so on.

Maybe I’m just extra angry because WvW broke in the middle of my server’s big showdown (JQ vs HoD vs ET). But so many things in WvW were already broken, and remained broken after the patch, and even bigger things got broken by the patch, that I think the accusation against their development process is warranted.

If your “patch” breaks more things (and bigger things) than it fixes, then it was not properly developed, regression tested, or run through QA. And that is a fatal process problem which demands repair, no matter how wonderful or helpful your developers are personally.

(edited by Jorgamund.7803)

in WvW

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

WoW never had this problem really, participated in 200+ player battles many times over the course of 7 year. It sure as heck lagged like a kitten but at least I could see everyone.

Personally, I’d rather lag and have chunky FPS than not seeing anyone at all.

I pray we see a patch soon for this and not weeks from now.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I give up, not likely playing anymore untill this is fixed or at the very least, rolled back to last patch. Next patch the 22th which has no mention of this issue, great, but no thanks.

45~ minutes of WvW:

Attachments:

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

I think this is hilarious, except for the fact that the only thing that I do in this game is WvW. I was walking down, what looked like a safe path, and then I just die to an invisible army. Couldn’t stop laughing.

in WvW

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

Please stop perpetuating the idea that ANet will wait until the 22nd to release a fix for this. It is 100% false information based on a quote from another thread taken completely out of context. The “next content patch” has nothing to do with when a hotfix will be deployed for a major gamebreaking issue like this.

They will patch this issue as soon as they have a working, tested fix for it; spreading rumors to the contrary is just pouring gasoline on the fire.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

in WvW

Posted by: Wokenclaw.7451

Wokenclaw.7451

This happende to me too. I was playing and all of a sudden I died instantly. I didnt even notice that all the enemies were invisible and after porting to the spawn even all my allies were invisible. From this point on the game is unplayable. Seriously. You cant play WvW if you cant see or target anybody.
Then I have to relog but oh kitten Borderlands are full …. Waittime about 1 hour. And you let us wait for another patch? Give us a hotfix! Its not just me. Members of my party and our Raidlead are affected too.
I know I’m enraged but you have to understand that this is not something anyone can overlook. Its a major problem that prevents so many people from playing the game. At least give us the option to rejoin WvW after relogging without having to wait. if you log out in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Please stop perpetuating the idea that ANet will wait until the 22nd to release a fix for this. It is 100% false information based on a quote from another thread taken completely out of context. The “next content patch” has nothing to do with when a hotfix will be deployed for a major gamebreaking issue like this.

They will patch this issue as soon as they have a working, tested fix for it; spreading rumors to the contrary is just pouring gasoline on the fire.

I can say the same for your opinion. We don’t know if they will hotfix this or not, we don’t know if a fix will be ready before the 22th. All we know is that ‘a patch’ will come the 22th, and several other big issues have never been ‘hotfixed’ before either.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

FrozeNuggz.7219

Welcome
Be heard! Seek wisdom! Join a conversation with fellow adventurers, or start your own.

I seek wisdom please, enlighten me on the progress of this issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

I can say the same for your opinion. We don’t know if they will hotfix this or not, we don’t know if a fix will be ready before the 22th. All we know is that ‘a patch’ will come the 22th, and several other big issues have never been ‘hotfixed’ before either.

I said “they will not wait”. Whether or not they have something soonish is anybody’s guess, but to think that they’ll just sit on a fix because, “hey, we’ve got a content patch coming soon!” — is completely baseless.

Why would you want to make people believe that ANet will take longer to fix this than is absolutely necessary?

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

in WvW

FrozeNuggz.7219