Players vs Devs

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Who else think that players and developers are not on the same page when it comes to WvW??

almost every change that Anet is doing is not welcomed by the players, there were times when they turned out to be right and many times the players and Anet had to revert thier changes.

What i don’t understand is why don’t the Devs interact with the community to reach to a common understanding rather than just making changes and players getting furious over it and then reverting it??

There is so much of difference between this and SPVP, a dead game mode that Anet is desperately trying to revive and the devs doing pretty much everything possible to work with the Spvp community( state of game, advertising streams etc) and
then there’s WvW community which doesn’t seem to exist at all for them.

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

What i don’t understand is why don’t the Devs interact with the community to reach to a common understanding rather than just making changes and players getting furious over it and then reverting it??

Because there is not a single change, idea, or concept that could be put forth that at least some fraction of the community would hate.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

Lolol the devs do interact with the community I see them in wvw and devons always replying on forums people just like to kitten and those mewling kittens believe it or not no matter how loud they are are the minority

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Energetik.6471

Energetik.6471

The foolish mistake of releasing time limited areas with expiration dates is a bad move.

You keep your player base interested by releasing expansions with multiple dungeons that don’t go away.

This also brings in…

1. New players interested in the new expansion.
2. Old players that are returning for the new content.
3. Keeps your existing player based satisfied and not bored with end-game.
4. Anet generates revenue from expansions instead of relying on gem sales.
5. Won’t have to make bad decisions for the game based on revenue generated from gem sales.

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Lolol the devs do interact with the community I see them in wvw and devons always replying on forums people just like to kitten and those mewling kittens believe it or not no matter how loud they are are the minority

Haven’t seen Wide Charr in the longest time, not since the great Dev-ine intervention that sent GoM down to tier 8…..i guess hes just busy.

I dont even get to cap mesmer dev no more =/

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

People will complain about literally anything. ANYTHING.

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I agree with Ungood and Huygens

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I agree with the OP.

I am not claiming this game is a total failure. GW2 has superb visuals, audio, some very good introduction stories, quite large pve content for a game which has been out for less than 1 year. WvWvW could have been the crown jewel of this game.

It seems as if somebody in Arenanet, who is in high in power, has certain vision about the game and wants to force spoon fed to its entire player base. It is important that a game developer has a vision, but completely ignore the player base is also dumb. Game balancing is most solely done based on tpvp, even though majority of GW2 players never played tpvp. They keep nerfing and buff skills based on an unpopular game mode and as result e.g. end up buffing those professions e.g. warriors, who are already very powerful in pve, just because warrior is not that good in tpvp. Many build have been utterly destroyed by Arenanet’s “balancing” crew e.g. engineer’s 100 nades.

There has been countless of good suggestions to fix the zerging / blobbing meta and do something about the population and coverage imbalanced. There has been a lot of suggestions how to fix the stale imbalanced match ups and the useless “outmanned” buff. Yet never any comment from a developer.

Nobody on these forums was asking for those Arrow Carts buffs. Arenanet’s official philosophy was “small changes”. Yet without any warning they increased the AC damage by 80% and at same time introduced totally overpowered WXP traits, which further gave AC much more power. E.g. compare the AC traits with those traits giving + 1 % / + 2 % etc. more damage against mercenaries. A child can see that the traits are not balanced compared to each other at all.

The thief, or actually the stealth issue has generated literally hundreds of complaints just in these forums. It has been the most popular complaint in these forums since the introduction of this game. Yet not a single official reply from a developer. Anybody understands that stealth is more powerful in WvWvW than in tpvp. And mobility is also more important in a big open map than in a game mode where big time is spent just contesting and defending a point, which you cannot even contest while being stealthed. Yet for some reason revealed lasts longer time in tpvp than in WvWvW. Never ever developers explained their totally illogical decision.

This really smells that the developers have notion how they would like to play the game. E.g. sitting by the AC and killing lots of enemies, huge zerg running around the map facerolling the outmanned side and stealth is “fun”. I am not suggesting to ban zerging or completely removing stealth and I don’t want to repeat what I have written in numerous other threads (how to fix those issues), but it is obvious that many people in the community would want to see more variety.

Let the conversation begin…

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

There has been a lot of suggestions how to fix the stale match ups …Yet never any comment from a developer.

I…I don’t even know where to begin. Are you unaware of everything that has transpired on this forum the past few days?

[AoN] All or Nothing

Players vs Devs

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

They aren’t doin anythin to match ups nope nope … honestly be informed before you spew kitten

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

Dev’s that don’t interact with the community?

A dead game mode?

You definitely not talking about GW2 WvW.

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

ANet just needs to do what they think best. Cause no matter what they or don’t do…someone on these forums will find fault with it.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

ah when I read the title for the thread I thought it was a proposal for some wvw action between players and devs… I am well up for a 1v1 with the moderator… and I am sure my guild will be up for a gvg behind the windmill with the anet team as I have no doubt many other guilds will be too. We will probably get owned but would be a great learning experience and immense fun.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

There has been a lot of suggestions how to fix the stale match ups …Yet never any comment from a developer.

I…I don’t even know where to begin. Are you unaware of everything that has transpired on this forum the past few days?

If you would have at least read those threads you would have seen me even comment those threads about the new match making system.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Players vs Devs

in WvW

snowaugar.1823

ah when I read the title for the thread I thought it was a proposal for some wvw action between players and devs… I am well up for a 1v1 with the moderator… and I am sure my guild will be up for a gvg behind the windmill with the anet team as I have no doubt many other guilds will be too. We will probably get owned but would be a great learning experience and immense fun.

Lol most are avg players they have admitted they play in their free time… they like most of us can’t game at work even if it is their game

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

If you would have at least read those threads you would have seen me even comment those threads about the new match making system.

Is that a rebuttal? That doesn’t make any sense.

You state the Devs don’t comment.
You acknowledge the Devs comment in threads.

?!

[AoN] All or Nothing

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Haven’t seen Wide Charr in the longest time, not since the great Dev-ine intervention that sent GoM down to tier 8…..i guess hes just busy.

I dont even get to cap mesmer dev no more =/

i saw Wide Charr on a few days ago crackin jokes in LA lol, he’s on right now aswell in lions arch

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

When I saw the title I thought you were going to suggest the wvw players challenge the devs to mortal combat.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

Players vs Devs

in WvW

Posted by: ArtC.1827

ArtC.1827

I was hoping for DvP, too. Real quick rebuttals: love stealth and think thieves are underpowered in some ways for being weak in zergs in wvw, welcome the matchmaking changes and so far find them enjoyably exciting, and hope it’s pretty common knowledge by now that the PvP state of the game was set up by players that loved the PvP format. Ask the devs for a SotG on wvw, volunteer your time and effort to make it happen, and if you ask nicely and fortune smiles upon you you’re likely to get it. Hey, it worked for PvP.

King of YARR
“Stealth in WvW is OP.
Plz Anet, nerf Skelk.”