Players - we need to even out the populations

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

So since this is prime transferring time – after the tournament – I think we players should use this opportunity to attempt to even out the populations/coverage.

Now I realize we’ll never achieve population harmony but as long as people are transferring… why not transfer where you are needed?

This is in no way to try to encourage people to transfer. But if a player or a guild is going to transfer, they they might benefit from knowing where they will be wanted or needed.

Should we start a thread or section about population coverages? It doesn’t seem to be covered in the recruitment area.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Why? So you can buy more gems for Anet to continue their neglect?

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

BG: 24/7 4 queues all time zones.

We can’t spare players.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

BG: 24/7 4 queues all time zones.

We can’t spare players.

Mama said to mind my P’s.
She also said my Q’s.
But I can’t find the big long lines
no matter which BL I choose.

I’ve tried so hard so many times
to see 24/7 queues
I guess the face of reality
has opened up my views.

Dear Mama I am sorry
I can’t mind my P’s and Queue’s.
I know that it’s ill-mannered
to point out this constant ruse.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

“Where I’m needed”? You mean I should want to be on a to a tumble weed ridden server in hopes other people show up to play with? Been there, done that, tossed away the T-shirt. I’d rather deal with queues.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

You’re forgetting something very important OP.

The sense of server & community pride

I have bled, raged, endured, learned, adapted, laughed, cried and even suffered sleep deprivation all for the glory of my server, I would never transfer.

Even if somehow someday my server falls from T1 I would still be there fighting the good fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

And how do you balance populations for WvW?

You cant trust the recruitment messages, people want to win to get more loot, and they dont care if their zerg is double the size of the other, or they zergs runs 20 hours a day whilst the other only lasts 8. That’s why a certain server got 2v1 throught this season because no one likes bandwagoners.

Besides it’s not up to us to fix and balance WvW.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

You’re forgetting something very important OP.

The sense of server & community pride

I have bled, raged, endured, learned, adapted, laughed, cried and even suffered sleep deprivation all for the glory of my server, I would never transfer.

Even if somehow someday my server falls from T1 I would still be there fighting the good fight.

This, so much this. (Spent S2 playing with double vision, from the couch with a keyboard on my lap because doc said I had to keep my injured leg up.) Won’t talk about constantly playing during hours that aren’t natural (I hear that sleep deprivation.) My choice. Why? Because my server isn’t just a collection of people, it’s a community, a family of WvW players. When I’m out on the maps, or anywhere in Tyria, those are folks I know and trust who feel the same way. I’ve said it before, if we were T8, I’d feel the same way. I won’t transfer as long as I’m playing this game.

I know there are many players on other servers who feel the same way.

I guess that makes me, and them part of the problem.

I do agree that at this point, none of us has heard anything from ANet that indicates they are planning to address the population imbalance. It would be easy to default to the belief that this is in the hands of the players. There is some control there. However, given the number of ideas and concerns voiced on this forum, and others, we know that isn’t the total answer.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It won’t stop stacking on Servers unless Anet collects data on each Server’s WvW population and puts a cap once it reaches a a limit, but with EoTM that is that fix for the queues – sadly that is just a PVE Farm mainly.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

I have an idea on how to even out server population. It would take a few weeks but I believe the population would even out for all servers.

Servers are already ranked from 1-24, why not make the gem transfer cost reflect the servers ranking. For example JQ transfer cost would be 2400 gems, TC 2300 gems, BG 2200 and so on down to the, 23 ranked server would be 100 gems and the 24 ranked server would be 0 gem transfer cost.

The gem transfer cost would be updated each Friday after reset to reflect a server either moving up or down in ranking and the gem transfer cost would be be reflected accordingly.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

No way the players are going to even out the population themselves, it would have to be server population RNG splitting up all the players till all servers have the same population. Imagine all the crying on the forums lmao…

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Balance will never be the result of players choice.
History has clearly shown, that the opposite is true.
Player may stay even if outnumbered, but if they decide to move the large majority move to the winner side, increasing imbalance.

There are only two possible ways to reach more balance:

• A hard cap set by ANet on the maximal number of players allowed to enter wvw for a side, i.e. It is just not possible to have above average numbers.
  • very strong individual rewards for being on an under populated world, e.g. all individual rewards ( drops, WEXP, Exp, karma, gold, tournament tickets …) are halved if you are on an over-stacked world (more than 10% above average) and doubled if you are on an under-stacked world (less than 10% below average).
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

And let’s not forget that it has to be balanced over a 24 hour period.

But you cant go up to a player and say “You can only WvW from 2pm to 4pm, all other timeslots are reserved for other players.”

There are player who play regular times, and other irregular.

The real issue is the structure of WvW, of which we have no control or say.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

God BG people make me sad….

To the OP, people will not level out the populations, over time as this game dwindles, people will continue to xfer (UP NOT DOWN), and that will be about as close as we get.

(edited by bob.8632)

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

LoL, this game is dead.

WvW is only going to get worse and worse