Please Consider Resetting the Tiers!

in WvW

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

As the title says, give us a tier reset so we can fight some new opponents!! This constant facerub is getting boring fast at the moment and is very detrimental to the game.

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in WvW

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

agreed

cosmic

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Agreed because I know how much Wrex is in pain. She (and the rest of IRON deserve better).

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Posted by: TheUsualCulprit.3187

TheUsualCulprit.3187

+1

The Current T1 Match-up is getting increasingly boring and ruining the game and im sure people from other Tiers feel the same

-TheUsualCulprit

The Usual Culprit
Co-Leader of [YOLO] Turning Commanders Into Moa’s

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

This looks to only be a EU problem. NA is actually pretty good right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

W00t but with all these new brilliant super awesome patch changes, why wouldn’t you want to fight against Vizunah? :O

in WvW

Posted by: Thurin.5610

Thurin.5610

+1 signed

+15chars

in WvW

Posted by: Akuma.7098

Akuma.7098

+1. I know your pain, I really do.

in WvW

Posted by: pennytrashun.3492

pennytrashun.3492

as above ….. and below i’m sure

in WvW

Posted by: davidhoughton.2104

davidhoughton.2104

/Signed

Viz are spoiling the game

in WvW

Posted by: Linanthony.1809

Linanthony.1809

How about instead of resetting every tier randomly, we split it into this-have the 1 and 2 combined, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8 combined and have random matches within all 6 servers in those tiers. Servers would still move up after 3-6 weeks depending on how they go against the other servers and the colors would be picked at random. Because let’s face it, a tier 1 server would stomp a tier 8 one. Thoughts?

Genesis Theory [GT]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

How about instead of resetting every tier randomly, we split it into this-have the 1 and 2 combined, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8 combined and have random matches within all 6 servers in those tiers. Servers would still move up after 3-6 weeks depending on how they go against the other servers and the colors would be picked at random. Because let’s face it, a tier 1 server would stomp a tier 8 one. Thoughts?

Just reset with a week long free transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

As the title says, give us a tier reset so we can fight some new opponents!! This constant facerub is getting boring fast at the moment and is very detrimental to the game.

//Wrex

It’s not Anet’s fault that many guilds from your server decided to transfer and you are getting facerub now. I don’t think reset tiers is the solution, not at all.

Anyway, once you drop tier you will be facing new and respective opponents due to your server population that you have now. WvW ranking system perfectly working.

(edited by thiagoperne.7340)

in WvW

Posted by: Timpsu.9324

Timpsu.9324

//Wrex

It’s not Anet’s fault that many guilds from your server decided to transfer and you are getting facerub now. I don’t think reset tiers is the solution, not at all.

Anyway, once you drop tier you will be facing new and respective opponents due to your server population that you have now. WvW ranking system perfectly working.

If we ever manage to drop. Glicko ranking system trolling.

[TLA] – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

They were going to do this like 4 months ago and the community through a complete kitten-fit over it.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Or just change the scoring system so as losers actually lose points so as tiers dont become locked like they have.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

They were going to do this like 4 months ago and the community through a complete kitten-fit over it.

Not everyone, I know SFR was counting on it.

in WvW

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Yes, please :/

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

FC and ET were counting on it. but that was because of the gaps in rating, which have now been bandaid’ed. we were bored of blowouts with no end in sight cuz SF couldnt kitten us hard enough to gtfo, but could stomp both of us into the curb effortlessly.

without a real reason like that, theres no point to resetting just cuz some noobs are bored in their current matchup and wanna stomp some less populous servers.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: akunadin.5017

akunadin.5017

how a bout U ppl just leave SFR and Deso… U all act like ur married to theese servers… its just a mmo.

Just abandone this tier 1 crap as lots of us did. Every 1 is bored of Vizu, every1 is bored of this kitten ranking system, infact, due to all this bs, lots of wvw players are getting bored of gw ( atleast i am)

Offcourse a guild like Iron needs to split itself up first before u leave deso:p 300+ members eeks.

Regards, forever solo Greedy:P

(edited by akunadin.5017)

in WvW

Caliban.3176

how a bout U ppl just leave SFR and Deso… U all act like ur married to theese servers… its just a mmo.

Just abandone this tier 1 crap as lots of us did.

Offcourse a guild like Iron needs to split itself up first before u leave deso:p 300+ members eeks.

Regards, forever solo Greedy:P

I left. But shouldn’t something change so that if you win the highest tier (T2) you no longer get punished and sent to T0 (the vizunah hell). Two of the servers in T0 are the best servers in the game and they are forced to fight Vizunah, that is just mean. All that skill and they can’t use it.

in WvW

Posted by: akunadin.5017

akunadin.5017

quote=1933078;Caliban.3176:][

I left. But shouldn’t something change so that if you win the highest tier (T2) you no longer get punished and sent to T0 (the vizunah hell)

Nothing will change Anet fails huge. Even ur all Aneu made several very decent sugestions, they simply dont gief a darn.

For me and lots of decent WvW players its all about “taking the best out of it and wait till a new/better game come’s along”

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

Ah the Vizunian curse strikes again

Teelie l VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

This looks to only be a EU problem. NA is actually pretty good right now.

EU was great last month. But then for a couple of reasons the balance vanished, yet we’re still stuck in T1 getting thrashed every day when in all honesty we should be in T2 or T3. Guilds leave and the server’s community suffers, week after week, all because of this absurd scoring/tier system.

Now I actually like Elo-like systems, they’re a great way of assessing the strength of a competitor against others. But they only work when you’re tested against various opponents of varying strength. When you’re only ever being tested against the same thing over and over and over and over and over again the system falls flat on its kitten

I don’t see why you’re only ever facing the opponents in the same tier – obviously we don’t want to see Viz vs Vabbi, but switch it up so you can face opponents within a few ranks of you instead. I really enjoyed the early days when you had no idea who you were going to face on a reset.

The conditions that lead to stagnation are right there, and if the balance shifted too far one way in NA the same thing can happen there too.

p.s. and no I don’t want to leave Deso. I like the community – I like knowing which commanders are worth following & which aren’t, I like knowing the playstyle, the strong UK presence, the people that fought on despite the problems last November, the people who dedicated so much time to keeping us going; we may have finished 3rd each time but we gave ‘em a bloody good match every week. I don’t care about winning, I care about enjoying the game, but if the community goes then there’s nothing left to enjoy.

I don’t want to be some bloody mercenary hopping servers knowing that the long-term players resent me because I’ll just abandon them in a month.

(edited by CorliCorso.6254)

in WvW

Posted by: SkullAndRoses.9018

SkullAndRoses.9018

+1

No more vizunians please.

Kíng Skull
Guardian
dF

in WvW

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

1 month+ at tier 1 – fighting against door and sometimes against the vis is getting very boring something needs to be done…. otherwise more and more people will drop out of WvW

Baldur

Baldur [SL]

in WvW

Posted by: Xehise.3519

Xehise.3519

I would vote for SEA servers. As it is right now, the server which has the most SEA coverage wins. Let the SEA guilds duke it out with other SEA guilds during the SEA timezone, not with doors on NA or Euro timezone.

With this, I think the tiers will change on a weekly basis, rising or decreasing based on how well you fight during your respective timeslot. Right now, you can fight tooth and nail during NA, only to have all your effort washed away by SEA guilds who usu. have few enemies to fight with.

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

FC and ET were counting on it. but that was because of the gaps in rating, which have now been bandaid’ed. we were bored of blowouts with no end in sight cuz SF couldnt kitten us hard enough to gtfo, but could stomp both of us into the curb effortlessly.

without a real reason like that, theres no point to resetting just cuz some noobs are bored in their current matchup and wanna stomp some less populous servers.

As a person ET, I have to agree with this.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Just reset and put vizunah in T0 with no opponents and few new maps to pvdoor and siege up ! :P

And seriously:
Yep, gib us reset! (Or change the scoring system, even 2-week-rotation would be better than this prison). Don’t wait till we pay for gems to transfer servers ^^ Sooner some ppl leave game than change servers here…

in WvW

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

Shouldn’t be to hard to just give the 1st server a ticket to higher tier and the last server a ticket to lower tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

IMO, things are finally evening out, with the exception of a few tiers. I have a feeling a tier reset would mess it all up. :/

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Can’t do it, might promote the unstacking of JQ and Vizunah which are obv 50% of the population.

http://i.imgflip.com/1b6ar.jpg Anet’s philosophy to wvw.

Edit: Doomdesire: Chaos is always fun in video games

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Can’t do it, might promote the unstacking of JQ and Vizunah which are obv 50% of the population.

http://i.imgflip.com/1b6ar.jpg Anet’s philosophy to wvw.

Edit: Doomdesire: Chaos is always fun in video games

Mine btw.

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

//Wrex

Ah but it is ArenaNet that chose to allow free transfers to medium population servers that some how also included the winning server in tier 1 when the tier was stable and more balanced don’t think anyone in SFR found the result funny in the slightest.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in WvW

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

This needs to happen in the EU, but it won’t. Desolation also won’t be dropping tiers anytime soon because of the ridiculous rating system and servers in tier 2 actively trying not to be promoted.

Sigh.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Reseting tiers is ok – but thats implying there will be fitting servers for T1 in EU: there is none. At worst case, we end where we were already.

Just put Vizu and two other french servers in same tier and let them handle the population to transfering to other french servers to balance each other and fight each other. Yeah.. not gonna happen.

As it stands now however – Deso and SFR would drop from T1 to be replaced by..? No one. Other servers that`d just be in same situation.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Yes, plz consider for the following reasons:

1. How many times have you hear people saying this in map chat? “I hate xxx server. I want to kill them all!” WvW is a spawn of hatred? This is bad for mental health. Too bad the xxx server is making your WvW life bad because your server is hanging around with them for months and you can’t avoid it.

2. Racism/discrimination. My own experience. I used the gw2lfg website to get cof P1 + P2 run. I was partied with 3 whose server has been our WvW opponents for months and 1 other random server player. After P1 run, I got kicked because one of those 3 party members said his friend is up and suddenly the guy call my guild name and kick me before I have time to respond.

Please make WvW ladder resets somehow.

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

instead of having a ladder reset let’s just have a open transfer period where all your influence can move as well and do it like in spvp where you can “randomize” where your guild goes and then you get a free transfer voucher via in game mail (a man can dream)

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

NA seems to look better and better ever since SF was set free from his ghetto shackles. At least you see way more fair fights in T6-7-8. When, if ever, SF reaches T5, you’ll have about half of NA not complaining about their server matchup.

Piiz

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

It seems ridiculous that unless we completely somehow stop doing wvw as a server then we wont drop even though we dont have the coverage to be in t1 at the moment.

So our options are to move server or hope by some miracle some servers are able to push to join the top tier and get us out. There is obviously a huge imbalance and it is created by the points system.

We should of dropped 2/3 weeks ago but instead look like never dropping, Anet really need to come up with an answer to the system to make things a bit more even. Even if it is loser goes down winner goes up.

How hard can that be?

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

scanz.4536

The fact the gap in ratings between us and tier 2 is widening when as a server we’ve barely played this week (and last) demonstrates how poorly the system is designed. ANet would be very wise to at least comment on our problem to let us know they are aware of it and considering any solutions. The sad thing is we’re more likely to see the thread closed with no meaningful response.

1st place up and 3rd place down would work perfectly in the entire ladder. Every tier would be different each week, providing people with varied match-ups. Facing the same opponent for months on end becomes repetitive, boring and frankly tiring. It’s not just about facing Vizunah, it applies to every opponent. Having to face different opponents and tactics each week would really freshen up the WvW game at the moment, making it more enjoyable for everyone.

(edited by scanz.4536)

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

Dear Devon and Anet,

Can you please drop desolation to tier 2 or reset the servers. No one in Desolation wants to be in tier 1 anymore. We lost many players and guilds. We cant afford to lose more. We are pretty much a T2/T3 server but stuck in T1. Yours Sincerely, AT

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Or just not have tiers and have matchups randomized/shuffled.

Seriously. What’s even the point of tiers that’ll end up locked anyway? There’s no reward. Higher tiers get infinite queues and tryhards who ruin the game for many. Lower tiers get massive population gaps.

If there needs to be ranking, it can be for how a particular server fairs in its random matchups. You still get points for dominating, you just don’t dominate the same people over and over. Far more variety and way less boring, in my mind.

Disciple of Quag

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Except for servers with recent big population changes, the current matches are the most balanced they could possibly be. I don’t see the point of resetting tiers as it would just ruin most matches for weeks.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Leviathan.8029

Leviathan.8029

While I don’t necessarily think a Reset in the tiers would be the solution, I think in time it will all end up the same again, something really should change.

I’m no expert on mechanics/programming or the Glicko System, but it’s killing the WvW in the EU top tiers.
For 9 weeks now, we have been having the same Tier 1. Vizunah Square, Seafarer’s Rest, Desolation. The first few weeks it was fun, SFR was really a nice addition to the tier and the fights were great. Even Vizunah came out to play with us more than they used to. But ever since the Free Transfers to SFR and the major WvW guilds decided to leave, Tier 1 EU is dying.
And it’s not just the play style of Vizunah, while agree it’s not the most pleasant opposition, it’s the boredom.
Two servers, Desolation and Seafarers are trying to drop to Tier 1 to rebuild their community and sort their selves out. For a few weeks we have been trying, but are unable because the gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2 is too big, and even increasing.
Yes Deso and SFR are losing points in the Glicko Rating, but so is Elona Reach.
For weeks, the losing T1 server (Deso) was stuck in Tier 1, while the winning server stayed in T2. Again; the first weeks, no problems at all because it was a lot of fun fighting, but the last weeks it’s so boring, a lot of my guildmates are taking a break or even consider quitting the game.

In my opinion the way a server advances to the next Tier, or drops from one should be changed.
Let’s say we are looking at T3 here:
Server A – 1st place
Server B – 2nd place
Server C – 3rd place

Server A would advance to Tier 2, Server B would stay in Tier 3, Server C would drop down to Tier 4.

This would apply, of course for all the tiers excluding Tier 1 and Tier last. In those tiers it would be impossible to climb or drop, so the 1st placed Tier 1 server and last placed Tier 8 server would stay as well.

This would mean you will be fighting at least 1 or 2 different servers each week, making WvW more varied.

Tiffin [IRON] Gunnar’s Hold
Elementalist / Guardian

in WvW

scanz.4536

Except for servers with recent big population changes, the current matches are the most balanced they could possibly be. I don’t see the point of resetting tiers as it would just ruin most matches for weeks.

Have you checked the ratings recently? There is almost no fluctuation in the tiers because the rating system has reached a point where it is extremely difficult for servers to move up and down – servers cannot drop tiers when actively trying to do so. Not sure I would call this balanced at all and it’s certainly not enjoyable from where I’m sitting.

in WvW

Posted by: Armisael.9712

Armisael.9712

Agreed !
But do not forget to keep working on WvW. Changing tiers won’t change the repetitiveness of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Look at na t7 matchup right now.. that’s what I would call balanced and many other tiers are fairly similar in balance… upsetting the balance with a reset might put a t8 vs any t1-3 do you think the t8 server would enjoy that just a small example

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Adding in more volatility between the servers would probably be a step in the right direction. Think someone mentioned before that rather than having a complex system of server ratings/w.e a simpler system of winner-up / loser-down might make for more enjoyable matches. This would probably be a bit too radical for the development team tho, so perhaps just adjusting the algorithms they are using to make the servers more volatile would be acceptable.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This is a terrible idea and will cause a lot of people to quit the game. Do you honestly think servers will end up in a different place than they are now? They won’t. It will just kitten people off playing one sided battles for 6 months while the servers settle back into the exact same pairings.

I’d sooner give everyone a free server transfer they can all use to move to wherever they want and all new players who join the game after this date will simply have the same free transfer option waiting for them in their mailbox to be used.

While this is also just as awful an idea, the reprecussions won’t take 6 months to level out. Things will be fixed in about a month.