Please Consider Resetting the Tiers!

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I think the scoring system needs to be reworked but a reset would just be annoying. A faceroll for several weeks for a few servers, an annoying period of time for the rest…

…just so we can end up exactly back where we are just now.

So no thanks. No tier reset.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Trabia.3650

Trabia.3650

The state of T1 EU is just depressing. I vote for a reset, or at least an adjustment to the scoring system.

I would like to invite devs to play on Deso or SFR to see how bad T1 EU is. We can’t drop tiers, nor do the servers in T2 want to go to T1. We’re not competing to win. We’re competing to lose.

(edited by Trabia.3650)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

I’m so sick of Tier 4 in North America. (Sea of Sorrows, Stormbluff Isle, Crystal Desert)

Tier 5 is too far behind to hope for change any time soon, and Sea of Sorrows isn’t doing well enough to move out of the tier. Stormbluff Isle and Crystal Desert are relatively well-matched, while Sea of Sorrows has a larger portfolio of experienced commanders and better coverage. (I guess they used to be Tier 1?)

So basically, SoS keeps wiping the floor with us and posting about how much fun they’re having in a low tier while SBI has ranger bot-guild issues running around #1 zerging people and CD continues to bleed guilds to other servers.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

It’s really discouraging and disappointing that the only real hope we have for change is to lose badly enough to drop a tier or force SoS to move up. Some kind of scramble or scoring adjustment would be greatly appreciated.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

The problem with T1 is much bigger than the state of Deso and SFR.
When you have all ( bar one ) servers refusing to compete for T1, your whole ladder is useless.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Resetting would be bad. But something does need to be done about the Glicko system determining the matchups. There are many suggestions on these Forums that are viable.

Completely random matchups would not work because you may end up with a T1 vs. T8 server.

My personal favorite is manually setting the matchups. But other good suggestions are seasons. Or randomizing it within a bubble around your Glicko rating. Or a weighted/modified matching process.

Would be great if it could include timezone data but I doubt it -that would be too complicated.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Problem is that players go and take towers and camps. We should keep +0 tic whole week.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

Oh please, always these yappings for a reset, when really your tiers will just get locked up again. What’s needed is a formula change so that matches are a bit more volatile, with changes in tiers every two or three weeks.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Lock transfers before any ladder resets plx.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

I’d pay money for Deso to be out of T1… it is beyond boring to go into WvW.

Not because Deso is bad but because T1 is just dog awful. Has gotten to the point a cba to stream.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

(edited by Ajaxx.3157)

in WvW

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

/Signed

Everytime there are free server transfers, tiers should be reset imo. Whole guilds left during the free transfer to a medium server.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I think a tier reset is objectively needed. It will suck a lot in the short term, but it’s required after the first 6 months of transfers. The gaps between tiers are kind of artificial because the lack of tiers adjusting to large population shifts. There’s gulfs in several tiers that are getting just as impossible to bridge as NA t8 used to be.

You could always do a soft reset where not all servers are reset to 1500, but instead are placed based on current rankings. IE: t8 1100, t7 1200, t6 1300, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

Look at na t7 matchup right now.. that’s what I would call balanced and many other tiers are fairly similar in balance… upsetting the balance with a reset might put a t8 vs any t1-3 do you think the t8 server would enjoy that just a small example

I agree wholeheartedly, there shouldn’t be an entire reset just because things are a nightmare for us on Deso. It’s not fair on the great majority of WvW players.

But it is a sign that something is completely wrong with the score/tier system. All it needs is some variety in matchups – I’m looking through the weekly results in NA over the past two months, there’s almost no changes in tiers at all. You can’t tell me that facing the same servers and the same guilds every week over and over and over again is fun.

The way the scores work is this – it takes your past results, and uses complex maths to assess how your match should finish. This is then compared against your actual score – if you do better than expected your ranking points go up, if you’re worse then it goes down. Deso gets battered by Vizunah, our score goes down, but so does the system’s expectation… so the following week we’re supposed to get thoroughly beaten. When the inevitable happens, our score doesn’t even change, in spite of the massive gulf between the servers. The only way Deso can go down is if we tried extremely hard one week so that the expectation goes up, then literally everyone stops playing the next week so it goes down much further. That’s insane.

All I ask is for the system to allow some variety in opponents. Deso is at a low ebb, maybe we wouldn’t even be a match for T2 servers right now. I’d just like a chance to find out by facing them directly, and taking a break from the zombie hordes, if just for a week.

(edited by CorliCorso.6254)

in WvW

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

You can’t tell me that facing the same servers and the same guilds every week over and over and over again is fun.

Apparently it’s fun for the big fish in the small / medium ponds who can’t or won’t do well enough to move up in tiers to face more appropriate opponents.

Meanwhile, the servers struggling with population and / or coverage issues come here to beg for change and meet rebuttals that we’re not trying hard enough, or get pity props for being entertaining cannon fodder to more organized and thus more successful servers.

I don’t think that suggesting that someone simply change servers is a viable solution, particularly if you’ve built up a guild or have lots of casual play friends on the server you’re already on. I’m really hoping for something to change that will cause more dynamic match ups. The current system is causing a stagnant play environment.

Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Astro Syd.8570

Astro Syd.8570

The best solution in my opinion would be to change the ranking system to a more dinamic one, so that fightings never get boring; in this way, you will resolve the problem avoiding that it will show up again in the future.

Freya Skuldottir
Gaiscioch na Rall [GSCH]
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Open free transfers, implement RANDOM matchups of all 24 servers each week. Problem solved.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.