Please Fix Participation For Outnumbered Maps

in WvW

Posted by: schlake.2718

schlake.2718

It sucks being on an outumbered map and getting no pips because fighting and dying in WvW don’t count for participation. I can see not granting participation for dying to NPCs, but at least making fighting worth something if it is against other players!

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Fights do count toward pips. You just have to not die……

in WvW

schlake.2718

Yes, that’s the problem I’m complaining about. Fighting and dying should be worth participation, because it sucks to run out of spawn for an hour or two and get nothing for it. No loot no XP, no pips, no reward tracks, nothing. We are all definitely participating, we just don’t count.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Fighting and dying near an objective could count, but just getting farmed is probably not a good idea.

I’ve also had this issue when covering a wide area—I won’t be fighting as I’m trying to stay alive to give information, but what combat I do engage in usually results in enemies leaving (I prevented them from building siege) or me getting run over (got too close to the zerg).

in WvW

Malerian.8435

I have never had that issue! I always find something to keep my tick going. There are 3 ways out of spawn. And if your running by yourself you must have your head on a swivel. Otherwise you will die and get no pips lol

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

If you’re getting spawn camped, go out of the other 2 exits. It’s your own fault if you keep dying for an hour and you don’t deserve rewards for that.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

schlake.2718

Now that I’m on CD I don’t solo, I run with the zerg. And when we are being farmed it’s the whole zerg being farmed.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

So let me see if I got this right…..according to your op, I could technically run out of portal into a mass of enemies, get rolled, and continue to do this for awhile….and then I should get pips and xp for doing this?

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

schlake.2718

It’s participating, isn’t it? I can see not giving participation for dying to NPCs, but fighting against players should count for participation.

in WvW

Teon.5168

But how would a program be able to tell? I mean, you could technically run into a massive enemy zerg, get one hit in(“fighting against a player”) before getting rolled…..and you think a player should get xp and pips for that??

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

schlake.2718

I do think that fighting and dying to enemy players is participating. Why do you think fighting and dying to enemy players is not participating?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You get credit for killing anything that’s not a neutral. Even if you lose, you can just kill guards. I mean, I got 50% of level 1 by getting a single kill.

If you tag someone and die, you’ll still get credit if someone else kills them.

Hence the bizarre tactic of finding 2 opposing groups and trying to tag them.

Go around killing guards. When someone takes the objective in the future, you still get credit…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I do think that fighting and dying to enemy players is participating. Why do you think fighting and dying to enemy players is not participating?

Charging headlong into a zerg with no possibility of success is no more actual participation than is choosing to run off a cliff. Its suicide.

Actually its worse than running off a cliff. Suicide via zerg is actively aiding the other side. Why should treason be rewarded?

in WvW

Teon.5168

Charging headlong into a zerg with no possibility of success is no more actual participation than is choosing to run off a cliff. Its suicide.

Actually its worse than running off a cliff. Suicide via zerg is actively aiding the other side. Why should treason be rewarded?

Completely agree. If anet made it so that you got pips and xp for merely engaging the enemy, there would be all sorts of players coming to wvw with no actual interest in wvw, but with interest in the pips and rewards. There would be bunches of players merely running out of the portal to their deaths over and over and over again farming pips.

Sorry, but that is just a plain silly idea, imo, schlake.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Malerian.8435

All I can say at this point is WoW!! You need to rethink your posts before you post them. It is ok now that you brought a actual server into this it will probably get erased.

in WvW

schlake.2718

The current reward system is that you get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for trying. That’s discouraging people from playing the game. And, since the case mentioned, outnumbered, does not aid the other side, it can’t be your so-called treason, as the other side gets nothing for killing you.

in WvW

schlake.2718

Completely agree. If anet made it so that you got pips and xp for merely engaging the enemy, there would be all sorts of players coming to wvw with no actual interest in wvw, but with interest in the pips and rewards. There would be bunches of players merely running out of the portal to their deaths over and over and over again farming pips.

Sorry, but that is just a plain silly idea, imo, schlake.

You mean it would be like what already happens? Except in my scenario, the people out fighting would be getting pips, and all the people with no interest would be standing around in spawn getting nothing.

And I’m sorry, but no, being rewarded for fighting in WvW is not silly. If you really think it is silly, then stop fighting so much that you reach tier 3 particpation to prove it.

in WvW

schlake.2718

You get credit for killing anything that’s not a neutral. Even if you lose, you can just kill guards. I mean, I got 50% of level 1 by getting a single kill.

Go around killing guards. When someone takes the objective in the future, you still get credit…

You’ve never been on an outnumerbered server have you? You can’t kill guards if there are 40 people waiting to kill you at every camp and every tower.

in WvW

Ashen.2907

The current reward system is that you get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for trying. That’s discouraging people from playing the game. And, since the case mentioned, outnumbered, does not aid the other side, it can’t be your so-called treason, as the other side gets nothing for killing you.

Running off of a cliff, or similar forms of suicide, are not, “trying.” Rewarding running off of a cliff, or similar forms of suicide, does not encourage playing the game mode, it encourages running off of a cliff, etc.

My apologies, I was not aware that WvWXP, participation, kill count, and bag drops were all suspended when your foe is outnumbered.

in WvW

Ashen.2907

You’ve never been on an outnumerbered server have you? You can’t kill guards if there are 40 people waiting to kill you at every camp and every tower.

Im willing to bet that most players have been on outnumbered maps, more than once. I, for example, completed the bronze tier chest last night while outnumbered.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Zerg camping outnumbers is an extremely exceptional situation. You just had bad luck.

in WvW

schlake.2718

Just moments ago I tried to defend Langor Gulch. They popped orange swords when they killed me on the stairs (I think the other four were jumping out to run). I got no participation. NONE. I had tons of numbers from wells and marks, and I even got into reaper form and spinned to win before they killed me. But no, I wasn’t participating, so I got nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

defense on numbers disvantage u need use ACs or give up.
but if numbers disvantage inst a issue, and u still get no kills, u should check u build.
i have a DPS necro, i have full nomad gear guard, have no issues with outnumbered maps.

Solo-suicide against blob fight is a no brain tatic. U want reward for just hit enemy players lol.

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

It sounds like you and the rest of CD just need to get good.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

(edited by TheDevilWithinU.7092)

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

If you’re getting spawn camped, go out of the other 2 exits. It’s your own fault if you keep dying for an hour and you don’t deserve rewards for that.

yah! you deserve them only if u get t3 participation by killing a couple of npcs and then standing around afk instead!

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: StrawHat.2639

StrawHat.2639

Am in same link side at moment and never had any problems with being spawn camped in this matchup.

Anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

If both you and the opoosing players stay on the same map and those that killed you get killed themselves after a few minutes, you do actually get participation as long as you got a hit on them at one point. Now, I’m not sure of other opposing factors such as whether your teammates are the ones that kill them or if it’s the third server, but it’s justice in a sense either way.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

SMH.

Several of us have been running around an outnumbered map flipping the enemy’s objectives, keeping them from upgrading, and calling in help if our one T3 structure is being hit. It has pulled the enemy Zerg from within the map and from other maps.

We get the outnumbered pips, it helps the server, and it’s quite easy to get to T6 participation.

Running headlong into a blob, or a large group is only helpful to allow your mates to get away.

Three exits. Then learn the map. Keep your head on a swivel, and you’ll be fine. Then if not, roll a theif or Mesmer, and use stealth.

GL and see you out there!

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

It sounds like you and the rest of CD just need to get good.

They just need to wait for 1-up/1-down to kick in and get into better matchups, ones without a certain “green rock pit” there…

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

yah! you deserve them only if u get t3 participation by killing a couple of npcs and then standing around afk instead!

I mean the rewards you get from pip chests are pretty minimal, so the whole half afk way of doing things for rewards is real inefficient. And the amount of people actually doing it (at least on my server) is massively exaggerated, probably because people realise how dumb it is.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Teon.5168

And I’m sorry, but no, being rewarded for fighting in WvW is not silly. If you really think it is silly, then stop fighting so much that you reach tier 3 particpation to prove it.

Sorry, but that is NOT what I posted. You completely missed my point. /shrug

In any case, I am still not sure why you’re having such a problem getting pips. I have been part of the outnumbered as well as being on the side that is outnumbering, and haven’t had much trouble getting pips out there, whether I am in a zerg or roaming or somewhere in between.

But then again, getting pips isn’t the reason I play wvw, so it is not all that important to me.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have. This morning. We were driven into spawn. For about 15 minutes I got a total of 2 kills. (1from pulling someone into spawn lol). It got better after a while due to attrition.

Honestly I don’t get why people complain about spawn camp. In other games people kill you just as you respawn. That is why it is unfair. Here, you can abuse the invul as well as multiple exits.

Post a screenshot of the enemy servers camping all exits across all 4 maps, and maybe I will consider.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Teon.5168

I have. This morning. We were driven into spawn. For about 15 minutes I got a total of 2 kills. (1from pulling someone into spawn lol). It got better after a while due to attrition.

Honestly I don’t get why people complain about spawn camp. In other games peopke kill you just as you respawn. That is why it is unfair. Here, you can abuse the invul as well as multiple exits.

Post a screenshot of the enemy seevers camping all exits across all 4 maps, and maybe I will consider.

40 people at every camp and tower on the map??? LMAO!!!!

Yea, I would like to see screenshots of that, as well….but I won’t hold my breath.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

schlake.2718

defense on numbers disvantage u need use ACs or give up.
but if numbers disvantage inst a issue, and u still get no kills, u should check u build.
i have a DPS necro, i have full nomad gear guard, have no issues with outnumbered maps.

Solo-suicide against blob fight is a no brain tatic. U want reward for just hit enemy players lol.

My other choice is to leave WvW. I’d rather get pips for fighting than nothing for doing nothing.

in WvW

Ashen.2907

I understand the frustration of being badly outnumbered. No matter where you go it seems as if there is a half dozen enemies waiting to pounce. The frustration gets to the point that you have to vent. You exaggerate. Others call you out on the exaggeration and you get more frustrated. Frustration leads to stubbornness and you fly headlong into enemy groups again and again, getting more frustrated each time.

Take a step back.

Take a deep breath.

Rethink your approach.

It is very possible to earn pips on an outnumbered map. I LOVE the extra pips, but not enough to go looking for the outnumbered buff.

Change up your approach a bit. Think it through before leaving spawn. Strategize. Come up with contingencies. THEN hit the field.

Your blood pressure will be better and you will love the increased rate at which you can gain pips.

…regardless, and for what its worth, my apologies for the tone of my previous posts in this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

If Anet made it so you got experience for essentially being a bag, it may be viewed upon as treason, but it’d encourage more people to learn to fight rather than walk away every time it’s 5v1 just my thoughts.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

If 1 map just isn’t working for whatever reason, I simply go to another map. We aren’t outnumbered often right now, but at certain times of the day we will get the buff on a map. From my limited experience when playing with the buff, it is often easy to get camps and sentries to get the pips started while looking for fights your size.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Teon.5168

I understand the frustration of being badly outnumbered. No matter where you go it seems as if there is a half dozen enemies waiting to pounce. The frustration gets to the point that you have to vent. You exaggerate. Others call you out on the exaggeration and you get more frustrated. Frustration leads to stubbornness and you fly headlong into enemy groups again and again, getting more frustrated each time.

Take a step back.

Take a deep breath.

Rethink your approach.

It is very possible to earn pips on an outnumbered map. I LOVE the extra pips, but not enough to go looking for the outnumbered buff.

Change up your approach a bit. Think it through before leaving spawn. Strategize. Come up with contingencies. THEN hit the field.

Your blood pressure will be better and you will love the increased rate at which you can gain pips.

…regardless, and for what its worth, my apologies for the tone of my previous posts in this thread.

Great post.

Wish I had your patience and empathy.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

I have to agree with the OP. Being outnumbered and dying over and over and getting nothing for it SUCKS. You can’t outmaneuver a zerg big enough to split into two groups of 20 when you have 10 ppl...especially when another zerg shows up of the same size from a different server. That’s what’s been happening on the server I’m on. It sucks!

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Your server gains war score for holding objectives, capturing objectives, and killing enemy players. Participation is based off of you helping your server gain that war score through holding objectives, capturing objectives, and killing enemy players(minus the harpy, wurm, and warg events). If you’re not able to help capture, defend, or kill any enemies you’re not participating in any scoring whatsoever.

And whatever commander you have that charges headlong into certain doom repeatedly from the spawn should not be followed.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Another terrible idea, that this forum is now full of. If you are on an outnumbered map then that will very likely mean that there is plenty of things you could cap, there is also multiple ways to leave spawn to go and do that, perhaps play a class that can get around more easily. The outnumbered buff is a reward for doing that, not for being terrible at the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Another terrible idea, that this forum is now full of. If you are on an outnumbered map then that will very likely mean that there is plenty of things you could cap, there is also multiple ways to leave spawn to go and do that, perhaps play a class that can get around more easily. The outnumbered buff is a reward for doing that, not for being terrible at the game.

It also means your enemies can afford to post a sentry or two at each objective and call for reinforcements to prevent you from taking said objective…being outnumbered makes things exponentially more difficult.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

It also means your enemies can afford to post a sentry or two at each objective and call for reinforcements to prevent you from taking said objective…being outnumbered makes things exponentially more difficult.

If you are alone on that map, and you can’t get a couple of people to run with you, then move maps. Most times the furthest place from your spawn is the most vulnerable. And if you ave three of you, it’s faster and quicker to take camps. But even if you don’t take the camp, killing an NPC gives you participation. Also allows you credit for the camp capture if someone caps it later.

Sentrys also give points, and yaks…