Please Get rid of siege decay

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Getting rid of siege decay timers on all siege except rams would make wvw a lot more enjoyable for those that spend their time focused on defending. In all honestyit would make it more enjoyable for everyone imo….. ANET please get rid of it.

Thoughts?

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Thoughts?

Siege Trolls, local siegecaps, and unwanted siege.

#rekt.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

THE Dentist.5960

Yeah you are right, ANET should keep everything the same…….. oh wait…….

VoxL (NSP)

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Siege outside of keeps: decay over time so it doesn’t stay and take up ‘room’ in the siege cap.

Siege inside a keep: does not decay, so it doesn’t need the silly refreshing all the time. It should NOT count towards the ‘outside world’ siege cap, ever. So trolls can’t build siege like crazy in a keep and limit the rams you can put up elsewhere.

Would this be too simple as a solution?

No trolling possible.
Yet no refreshing needed (I refresh a lot by the way).
And no re-using of siege that is left at walls outside etc…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Even if they changed the timer from 1 hour to 2-3 hours would make a huge difference..

By the time you fully siege up a tower you gotta refresh it all, flip a camp or two, defend from 1 or 2 people then refresh again before actually getting out into the WvW world.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

If you spend your time focusing on defending then they should be refreshed and there is no need for this thread. I’m thinking OP built siege, left tower/keep, and was mad because no one refreshed it while he/she was off enjoying the game rather then rotting in a tower/keep.

How close am I OP ?

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Should remove decay on SUPERIOR and GUILD siege & keep it on the normal stuff.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

Your snarky response doesn’t give any constructive way of dealing with what is a very real problem for some servers. How would you suggest dealing with siege griefing?

I’ve also let regular siege decay in order to build superior siege because of the siege cap. There would have to be a balanced way to destroy siege or return it to it’s blueprint form in order for a system with unlimited decay to work.

I like fishball’s solution as a short-term fix.

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

So trolls can build 40 ballista inside the keep and log off for the rest of the week? No thanks.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

there should be different decay time for different sieges.

rams can be shorter while others should be longer…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Built siege should have a longer decay timer bout another hour, while siege blueprints should be reduced from 10 min to 5 min.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

On second thought not having decay would suck.

I guess extending superior and guild siege decay timers would make sense, it would be extremely expensive to constantly spam them to siege cap while keeping the regular stuff at the current timers.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

On second thought not having decay would suck.

I guess extending superior and guild siege decay timers would make sense, it would be extremely expensive to constantly spam them to siege cap while keeping the regular stuff at the current timers.

Superiors aren’t all that expensive these days (If you actually MAKE them) but the troll would need to rack quite a few skill points to keep up the siege griefing.

Guild siege shoudn’t have decay, as they have no difference to superiors besides looking cool (Except for catas that need only 25 supplies).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

Siege inside keep and tower should not decay. However, there should be a limitation on the amount of siege u can put down in a keep or tower.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Siege inside keep and tower should not decay. However, there should be a limitation on the amount of siege u can put down in a keep or tower.

very simple, very balanced.

This should do it, really.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They implemented siege decay because of the siege cap limit,wich was happening frequently like a year ago.Unable to place rams because of the siege map limit was a horrible thing,and people abused this.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninjapotpie.6973

Ninjapotpie.6973

I have been guarding a tower on GoM boarderland for over a year and a half now. I use on average 30-40 sup ac and 10-15 sup Bali a week not to mention trebs and cats… I often have to leave what am doing ever 45 mins to run back and refresh siege. It’s pain in the kitten and my gold stack. I would love to see a longer timer.

Zorin Blackbow / Azrok [DS]
Ranger, Eng ,Commander (ret),Smartass
GoM. Please don’t feed the Trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Scleameth.6809

Scleameth.6809

new superior siege blueprint: not decayable (not available for rams)
2 sup siege
10 mithril ore
10 elder wood log
2 siegemaster guides

FC – [SNKY]
Keep the Faith (and stay out of AC fire)

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

decay timer should be 30mins max

in WvW

Eugenides.1274

decay timer should be 30mins max

Why, exactly?

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

take away decay timers for fully built siege, but leave the timers on blueprints alone.

let us have a vote when we use each piece of siege… 5-7 strikes and it gets destroyed (and you can only strike it when youre using it).

no more timers, griefing requires multiple people… and its harder to find 5-7 griefers than it is to find enough people to destroy troll siege.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Siege timers were like 15minutes at launch and they upped it to 1hour. If you spambuild siege and just yell “refresh siege please” every now and then theres a big chance people will do so and no need to get rid of the timers. Like other people said, how to get rid of troll siege if there isnt a decay timer?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

decay timer should be 30mins max not exist

FTFY

Like other people said, how to get rid of troll siege if there isnt a decay timer?

Banhammer equipped with a sigil of Trolls.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Did you know siege can affect queue size??? So do you really want siege affecting that if it will not decay?

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Feyd Rautha.7298

Feyd Rautha.7298

Here are some of my ideas:

- Voting system for troll siege, click on and vote to delete siege similar to a party kick mechanic.
- Original player who dropped the blueprint can always delete.
- All vote/delete actions are logged to the chat event log (like emotes) with player names.
- Siege is mostly indefinite, however enemies who capture an camp/tower/keep now also capture the siege.
- Open field siege not attached to a capture has a decay timer.

!(wired)?(coffee++):(wired);

(edited by Feyd Rautha.7298)

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

A person comes up with 3 perfectly legitimate reasons against your idea and instead of discussing solutions to them you use that as your counter… gg

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

My suggestions (many coop’d from other posters):

• Superior siege should be on a 2 hour timer (excluding rams and golems)
  • New WvW mastery that allows players to extend the refresh siege times
  • Players should be limited in the amount of supply they can use from a keep/tower in an hour
  • Siege should no longer be allowed to be stacked and adhere to collision rules

These solve a host of problems and gives us another useful mastery to pump points into.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

There is already siege with no decay timers. Cannons, Mortars, and Burning Oil. Add a new tier of siege defense on keeps maybe?

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Would be so fun to have 15rams in every Tower so you cant build 1 siege for defens and you can never do it until you lose it.

Make a Guild buff that you can add like +5 supply and so that make CD 4hours and then change so the Guild that hold the building can delete siege, make players enemys to the building so guards will attack them and gate is red.

in WvW

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Imo:

regular siege: 60 minutes
superior/guild siege: 180 minutes

no change for flame rams.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in WvW

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

- Voting system for troll siege, click on and vote to delete siege similar to a party kick mechanic.
- All vote/delete actions are logged to the chat event log (like emotes) with player names.
- Siege is mostly indefinite, however enemies who capture an camp/tower/keep now also capture the siege.

This! There really is no reason that there cannot be a community controlled mechanism for removing undesirable siege and allowing for a better solution for keeping desired siege.

in WvW

THE Dentist.5960

A person comes up with 3 perfectly legitimate reasons against your idea and instead of discussing solutions to them you use that as your counter… gg

Thats always been the problem with most people. My comment was directed at the first replying post and it was said in jest. The point of it is simply people would say can’t do it… people troll… done… move along… nothing to see here. My comment was simply to say, “well, intead of actually having a discussion, you are right ANET should do nothing which is was they are doing anyways.” Hope that helps :-)

As to the siege decay problem: any superior siege should have no limit, except rams. That is a great idea that i have seen posted. As to that, yes there will be trolls just like there will be bad pvpers in wvw. Can’t do anything about that, it will happen, but you can’t just not do anything because a few people are trying to ruin it.

VoxL (NSP)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

No siege decay? Ok, but limit the sieges in one towers to 3-4, 6-7 in keeps and 10-13 in garrisons. Fighting agains fully sieged t3 objects are not fun

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Siege decay is important to prevent trolls as others have mentioned.

In addition, I’d like to see an individual player siege cap. No player should be able to have more than 5 siege deployed at one time on a cap. This is again to prevent the trolls. A individual should also be able to despawn siege that they deployed. That would allow a commander to despawn their flame rams after taking a tower.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

In addition, I’d like to see an individual player siege cap. No player should be able to have more than 5 siege deployed at one time on a cap. This is again to prevent the trolls. A individual should also be able to despawn siege that they deployed. That would allow a commander to despawn their flame rams after taking a tower.

But that would prevent a single player from decently sieging a keep too (Or sieging multiple towers)…

For Overlook for exemple I use 10 pieces of siege for inner and 8 for outer, making a total of 18 sieges to be placed… If I can only place 5, I would have to count with other people to do that, and it’s hard to find willingly players these days.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

defensive siege has been explored to the limit by now. just remove blueprints from defensive siege and have it built like canons and mortars on fixed position. also dont allow ac’s on balista spots and other mixing of siege placement.

maybe also some kind of a system that statistically follows what players on certain servers are using more, and over time making it automatic reserved siege placement.

maybe add to that, that you can buy specific siege placement for server for 100g, and also delete it for 100g.

(edited by PetricaKerempuh.7958)

in WvW

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

How about only allow siege to decay when its owner isn’t in the map?

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

This! There really is no reason that there cannot be a community controlled mechanism for removing undesirable siege and allowing for a better solution for keeping desired siege.

How often is there time to vote on something in WvW? “Hey guys, I know we need to recap some stuff, run some yaks, defend a few other points, and scout, but can we hold on a moment so we can all take the time to vote on this siege?”

Extending siege timers for Superior makes some sense, and extending or having no timer on Guild siege makes sense too.

There are times where a balista is needed over an AC, or an AC over a treb. If there’s already a ton of AC’s in an area, the siege cap will be hit and no way to build the crucial balista or treb. Siege spam and siege trolls are why we need decay timers.

It would be nice to see owners of a piece of siege be able to destroy it for a small return of supply.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

As I suggested in another thread the system already keeps track of each and every piece of siege, hence the timers. If they placed a siege “mechanic” in each tower/keep with a map of the siege placement under his control (trebs are currently shown on mini-map which would suggest that the game knows where all pieces of siege are placed) a person refreshing siege could open the interface, select which siege they would like to refresh and tell the guy to get to work. All refreshed siege in that keep would be under one timer, siege would not get missed by the next shift coming on, and it would save people time. If it is a piece of troll siege then that piece is not selected for refresh on the mechanics interface.

Edit: Forgot…for extra badges or silver depending on the amount of siege under the mechanic’s control the timer could be extended to a max of 3 hours.

Theftwind (HoD)

(edited by Theftwind.8976)

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

This is what I was going to suggest, we need new masterys anyway, and this would be perfect, it should be expensive too, 300 rank points and then your placed siege lasts 2 or maybe 3 hours. Tbh its surprising they haven’t already added this, seems like a no brainer.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

in WvW

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

How often is there time to vote on something in WvW? “Hey guys, I know we need to recap some stuff, run some yaks, defend a few other points, and scout, but can we hold on a moment so we can all take the time to vote on this siege?”

I think this is a bit of a cop out. One person makes the initial request of deleting a piece of siege and it’s a simple as an icon popping up over the siege with a green check mark to agree to delete or a red X to select not to…it would take each person a second and they don’t have to make any choice if they don’t want to. You make it sound like a town hall meeting would be required where reasonable minds know this would take a second or two at most…

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

It is really annoying to do that every 50 minutes, and very unrewarding. I do see the reasons for keeping it however, both from a server technical perspective, as well as acting as a ’maintenance’ requirement to keep stuff working, just like you need to maintain your car IRL. It acts as a punishing mechanic for servers that don’t have much organisation or dedication, and therefore is important to have.

That said, I think pushing non-ram siege decay timers to 2 hours would allow for more breathing room for those dedicated to maintaining the siege equipment, giving them some time to actually play the game between rounds of pure boredom.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

(edited by Raap.9065)

in WvW

Eugenides.1274

This is what I was going to suggest, we need new masterys anyway, and this would be perfect, it should be expensive too, 300 rank points and then your placed siege lasts 2 or maybe 3 hours. Tbh its surprising they haven’t already added this, seems like a no brainer.

A good place to put something like this would be the already existing Build and Repair Mastery lines. Maybe add in a few more beneficial effects (return siege to blueprints, extend decay timer on siege you tag, repair siege, etc.).

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Thoughts?

#rekt.

Give commanders an ability to pack up siege and re-use it. Allow one commander a map to do it that’s voted on in the map. Siege doesn’t make a great gold sink as it is anyway.

in WvW

Offair.2563

decay timer should be 30mins max not exist

FTFY

Like other people said, how to get rid of troll siege if there isnt a decay timer?

Banhammer equipped with a sigil of Trolls.

That Banhammer never arrived Anets office to this day.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Thoughts?

#rekt.

Give commanders an ability to pack up siege and re-use it. Allow one commander a map to do it that’s voted on in the map. Siege doesn’t make a great gold sink as it is anyway.

Trolls can get a blue hat too to troll our perfectly placed siege – thought about that?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I mentioned this earlier but rather than have a cap on siege blueprints that a player can place. Put a cap on how much a single player can pull from a keep/tower in a certain time period. The problem isn’t a player that can drain 200 sup from a keep. It is the ones that drain 1500 or more. Even a delay between draws would likely be enough to stop most trolls.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Thats always been the problem with most people. My comment was directed at the first replying post and it was said in jest. The point of it is simply people would say can’t do it… people troll… done… move along… nothing to see here. My comment was simply to say, “well, intead of actually having a discussion, you are right ANET should do nothing which is was they are doing anyways.” Hope that helps :-)

As to the siege decay problem: any superior siege should have no limit, except rams. That is a great idea that i have seen posted. As to that, yes there will be trolls just like there will be bad pvpers in wvw. Can’t do anything about that, it will happen, but you can’t just not do anything because a few people are trying to ruin it.

That doesn’t solve the problem though. Trolls will merely upgrade or buy superior siege to troll with, superior ballistas being only about 13s on the tp right now. Until there is an efficient way to handle troll siege besides hopping the enemy servers happen to take it down when they’re attacking, a plan like this will be more detrimental than beneficial.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Make guild siege last 2 hours….