Please Keep Applied Fortitude and Strength

in WvW

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

Please don’t remove applied fortitude and strength…I’ve spent so much time getting rank points to get these for my toons. Please please please don’t take these out!

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i hate power creep. dont listen to this guy. get rid of the stupid stacks. theyre often a combat advantage for attackers, for example when a keep is attacked all the attackers get stacks automatically for attacking, but defenders wp in to the map and cant get stacks if theyre going to respond in time. a more level field is better when in the end one of the biggest factors for success is how well your group plays in a zerg-on-zerg slugfest.

(im a gold recruit for the record, or something, i dont look at it any more cuz i have all my power creep and have had it for like 300 ranks)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

i hate power creep. dont listen to this guy. get rid of the stupid stacks.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

+1

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Someone was saying that they read it supposed to be applied to the high level wvw rank, which means you wont need to spend all your points just to earn it now, and you can focus on other things to use them on too.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

This doesn’t remove power creep, it just removes a buff that could only be achieved through playing WvW.

How many new things have been added to the game that you could only get through crafting, PvEing or the gemstore?
Things like the strength, armor, and rejuvination booster. Ascended gear, certain runes, sigils, food, utility, etc.
Even some of the common stats like Dire can’t be purchased through the WvW armor vendor, they are something you have to buy on the TP or go out of WvW to get.

This is a bad change. It hurts the players that only play the game for WvW.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Someone was saying that they read it supposed to be applied to the high level wvw rank, which means you wont need to spend all your points just to earn it now, and you can focus on other things to use them on too.

This was accidentally posted to the German version of the site. It has since been corrected by Colin.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I am all for removing this buff. This buff is basically obtained by doing some boring PvE, while still way too powerful to ignore. It’s simply a waste of time in terms of gameplay.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

This is a bad change. It hurts the players that only play the game for WvW.

As a player who has been playing WvW basically since launch and still spends the majority of my game time playing WvW, I support the removal of guard stacks. They were unnecessary when added, they are still unnecessary and only punish players who haven’t yet reached 330 WXP ranks. It also rewards karma farmers in EOTM who aren’t really WvW players, but PvE players trying to grind rank. The buffs did nothing to encourage players to play WvW.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Guard stacks were a bad idea. Do not listen to OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

OP You still have all those points that you can allocate somewhere else so you haven’t done all that work for nothing.

I spent a lot of time get those on 3 toons before they made WvW account wide and I support having them removed. It was a dumb idea, it never should have been introduced into the game and was an unnecessary power creep.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in WvW

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

As someone whom has mostly played WvW since launch I think these changes are good. Yes I had full stacks but it was sometimes a pain to have to go and kill guards just to acquire them. A good player in WvW pre stack changes will still be a good player post these changes.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I am fine with the stacks. They weren’t a big deal.

Ironically, most of the upgrades are kinda bleh besides those. Hopefully we see something new.

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Get rid of bloodlust again while youre at it. Kthnx

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Those stacks act as just another grind until new players can compete. The news post is right – they’re mandatory upgrades until rank 230, and WvW will be better off without them.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Have they said they might possibly get rid of them?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Have they said they might possibly get rid of them?

Not “might” … it’s on the front page.

For your convenience: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upgrading-world-vs-world-upgrades/

in WvW

Posted by: Bubby.6475

Bubby.6475

Really an unwanted change.

These stacks gave a sense of progression and rewarded players that played Wvw more than Pve/ pvp.

From my perspective, it seems, yet again, they are spoon feeding the newbies.

FFWC forum moderators. :)

in WvW

Posted by: Giganta.4890

Giganta.4890

Why accommodate people who didn’t put in the time for it? and at the expense of something that’s already okay and more importantly earned. Out of the available mastery’s it has the most incentive as it affects you the entire time vs siege usage. If you want to put players such as newer ones on the same level as existing ones just make the cost cheaper. Removing it isn’t a good solution to the problem because it’s end result isn’t win-win. Forcing the idea of putting points into other/improved Mastery’s isn’t a good compromise for those in favor of using the two that are being removed. Where did all that hard work go? hopefully there will be some new incentives.

You don’t like being pitted up against an EOTM player that grinded their WvW rank up? They put the time into it therefore they deserve it.
You don’t like grinding stacks? or especially when you have to respond quickly to another WvW map? By being there ahead of time you deserve that advantage (preparation and strategy).
You don’t like pve? There are guards everywhere you might as well get stacks from something you can’t completely avoid.

in WvW

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

You know people are going nuts over this, They clearly said in one of the beginning introductions of the new maps for WvW, there will be objectives to take that give buffs to the server who holds them.

in WvW

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Why accommodate people who didn’t put in the time for it?

Why do you assume this is an “accommodation” and not “a necessary balance change”?

and at the expense of something that’s already okay

According to who? You? ANet seems to disagree.

and more importantly earned.

And even more importantly, makes it harder for those that haven’t yet earned it to earn it.

Out of the available mastery’s it has the most incentive as it affects you the entire time vs siege usage.

Therefore, it’s TOO important in comparison to the rest of the options and needs to be rebalanced.

If you want to put players such as newer ones on the same level as existing ones just make the cost cheaper.

This goes against your “earn it” statement.

Forcing the idea of putting points into other/improved Mastery’s isn’t a good compromise for those in favor of using the two that are being removed.

The current system FORCES you to put points into these already. Getting rid of them doesn’t FORCE you to do anything. It’s the opposite.

Where did all that hard work go?

Into every single other possible attribute.

They put the time into it therefore they deserve it.

Deserve what?

You don’t like grinding stacks? or especially when you have to respond quickly to another WvW map? […] You don’t like pve?

If players don’t like something, you think it should stay? You do realize this is a game, right?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Personally I am disappointment about that blog post. It seems the have nothing new to propose and are just removing features.

I already have hundreds of unused points and everything maxed out. To be honest Applied Strength and fortitude were the ONLY perks that felt rewarding and cared about.

You can’t have it both ways: You can’t have a system that rewards players that play for a long time and at the same time make it rewarding enough so that new players want to progress. By flattening out everything it’s just going to get boring because almost nobody cares about arrowcart recharge, but everyone cares about having 1% extra hp.

So: Nothing new to propose, repackaging of old upgrades, nerfs to character boons and buffs to siege, no PPt system improvement, no server population improvements, no improved transfer system and no Area of Effect cap increase. The only good thing there seems to be the art in the screenshots.

Get rid of bloodlust again while youre at it. Kthnx

Why not they got rid of the Orb which was the mechanic that made the borderlands work. Seems everything they add something to the gameplay they are so afraid it will impact the game balance that they remove it eventually… yet they keep the servers system completely unbalanced.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

Get rid of them.

Guards are easy to kill, and it gives an advantage to the zerging blob, as opposed to the defenders who often have to port in from another map. I have them, but getting them was a huge grind in a game that was supposed to be casual.

I’d like to be able to kill my own guards for the buff.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Since when has Anet known or cared about what is good for WvW? Let’s keep in mind some of their most recent additions were golem mastery and siege disablers. Every change they make is geared towards turning WvW into as much of a K-train for casuals as eotm is.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Good riddance. As a guardian/thief player those are a huge buff and close to mandatory and the obvious first choice.

That alone indicates that they are to strong.

Even though i as a player will be shafted (guardians relies heaviliy on them) i think its good that they are removed.

Why do you assume this is an “accommodation” and not “a necessary balance change”?

And even more importantly, makes it harder for those that haven’t yet earned it to earn it.

Out of the available mastery’s it has the most incentive as it affects you the entire time vs siege usage.

Therefore, it’s TOO important in comparison to the rest of the options and needs to be rebalanced.

If you want to put players such as newer ones on the same level as existing ones just make the cost cheaper.

Forcing the idea of putting points into other/improved Mastery’s isn’t a good compromise for those in favor of using the two that are being removed.

The current system FORCES you to put points into these already. Getting rid of them doesn’t FORCE you to do anything. It’s the opposite.

Deserve what?

You don’t like grinding stacks? or especially when you have to respond quickly to another WvW map? […] You don’t like pve?

If players don’t like something, you think it should stay? You do realize this is a game, right?

Excellent reply by Koviko that pin points the issue with the stacks.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

World ranks in general are pve as far as I’m concerned and should never have been added.

in WvW

Posted by: Giganta.4890

Giganta.4890

It was balanced, they’re just nerfing, nerfing isn’t balancing. Everyone had access to those buffs therefore equal opportunity.

Of course me but if there weren’t other people who agreed why are there others posts not in favor of it? I really wish there was a poll for this, not that it would change anything at this point in time.

You don’t need to be super good or anything, so long as they put the time in the time, they would’ve got it. If you put in the time and effort and they don’t how is that fair?

The approach toward the rebalancing doesn’t always have to be removal, make options less important or make the other options better (which they are doing now).

Making it cheaper still “balancing” and still makes players earn it.

It forces you to give up on previous efforts, at least by making it cheaper everyone gets something out of it compared to stepping all over it.

Every other possible attribute at the moment doesn’t really help unless siege is involved. The hard work was towards an incentive that could be used on non-siege battles has gone to waste.

Deserve what?

To have an advantage? otherwise it’s like saying new players should be able to play at level 80 with everything unlocked instead of being upleveled “for balance” because it is mandatory for them to level first.

If players don’t like something it shouldn’t stay however removing it only benefits newer players and hurts “some” existing players because it was a goal that was striven for only to later find out it that it will taken away. Ideally there should have been an in-between solution that made everyone happy no? i.e. the ability to reset the WvW rank distribution points or by playing with or being near a veteran player provides the buffs to everyone nearby or something. Applied Fortitude and Strength are definitely necessary for situations where you are outnumbered and by removing it, it’s just going to be more so a contest of numbers with people that “refuse” to put in the time.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i think the pve player community got mad because their eotm ktrain got zergbusted by an actual wvw guild and anet want the pve community go wvw….just look at the trailer of the new pve..i mean wvw map. they got shirnes yay and an event omg how awesome woohooo we get more pve mobs in wvw so we get all theose pve karmatrains in wvw.yaaaay awesome. the new map is like a big jumping puzzle …remeber how pve players cried about the eb jumping puzzle? yeah the removal of applied fortitude and strength is aslo a result of pve players crying because they got killed in eotm which is not a real wvw map!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Royale.5863

Royale.5863

The removal of guard stacks I concede does level the playing field a bit.

But I dont mind that.

As someone whom has played wvw since launch I really have no issue with facing an opponent whose sole ability to beat me is from the skill of their play and not from the amount of wvw ranks they’ve earnt or that they had the fortune to kill 5 guards before our meeting.

However, I do feel there should be reward for veteran wvw players that does not effect gameplay….similar to Achievement Points where you have a choice of skins.

I do appreciate seeing Gold / Plat / Mithril / Diamond players in game. You know they’ve been through the wars (or spent a heck of a lot of time in the snoozefest that is EOTM)

Veterans do need to be rewarded, but not with something that gives them an advantage in play.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I would implement both buffs into the outnumbered buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

I have to agree, keep the buffs…

The 2 buffs actually make several builds viable that will no longer work after removal.
Less usable builds, less fun…..

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Maybe in stead of making fun of these “community” you welcome them, you know friendly like, cause at the end of the day it just a game? One of the postive features of the games is it supposed to be friendly, but reading these, it seems you guys want a one way of thinking, that wvw should be only one right way, when there can be many right ways, or fun ways, or something.

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

It’s time to get rid of the buffs once and for all. They added nothing to the game, made combat neither more challenging nor more exciting. Just another carrot on the stick, like Ascended gear, another terrible idea. It always struck me as ludicrous that powerful buffs like Fortitude and Strength were acceptable in a PvP format but not in PvE.

Good riddance.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I don’t want to see it go as a lot of my toons rely on the applied fortitude, but relying on a trait is the definition of OP.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

However, I do feel there should be reward for veteran wvw players that does not effect gameplay….similar to Achievement Points where you have a choice of skins.

When reward tracks were implemented for PvP over a year ago, I thought that would be a great thing to have for WvW players.

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Good riddance. As a guardian/thief player those are a huge buff and close to mandatory and the obvious first choice.

That alone indicates that they are to strong.

Or it indicates the others are too weak.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

i honestly don’t give a kitten about not getting any priveleges as vet player, so removing the guardstacks might sound fair. The problem however is that this will also greatly influence the dmge output by class (and therefore also balancing) and kittening up quite some of your armor sets.
As a player who sometimes buys gems of the TP aswell, just to gear up/being able to play wvw in general (food+siege+upgrades) this is simply rude. Full ascended armor set=~600g=60 euro’s, having multiple ascended+exotic sets which you can simply throw away afterwards.

Problems about this update are: unbalancing(can be changed by anet though), waste of gear→cash, not sufficient amount of rewards for vet players.
Anet just made a mistake in the very beginning to add these buffs, and now they’ve got to pay the price for their bad design

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Small, organized groups will need to shift even more gear to tank to survive the mindless spam of full-zerker zerglings. Good job on “giving small, tactical groups the necessary tools to put a dent into larger mobs of less-skilled players” (reference)…

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

No advantage for WvW players, and an stat advantage for who farm to craft ascended…

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

No advantage for WvW players, and an stat advantage for who farm to craft ascended…

this so much. most of the wvw players that i knowdid get ascended weapons while having to grind their crafting to kitten 500 and then had to buy all the mats cause a wvw player doesnt really farm at all. most of the pve players have full ascended and legendary weapons….. thats their bonus. leave our applied fortitude and guard stacks as we earned it the same way the pve players have earned their ascended.

u are new to wvw.. well welcome to hard work. it doesnt mean u will get 1 shot the moment u set foot on a borderland. it means u deal alittle less dmg than someone with guard stacks. so what?its not the end of the world.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

They should be both kept and like in the German notes beign written work as baselined unlockable progression effects once you automatically reach a certain lowered rank.

Currently you need 230 Ranks to get both.
If Anet would baselien these effects simply at gettign 1 once you reach Rank 75 and the other at Rank 150, everythign would be fine.

• It would solve the problem, that you don’t feel to have to put 230 ranks firsts into the 2 trait lines just to get those effects, because now you would get them simply automatically and that even faster, than before with a lowered rank.
  • it would solve the problem, that newbs feel beign outclassed, because they can gain now much faster these effects, and 150 ranks is absolutely NOTHING, especialyl when you use WEXP Buffs and use your gained badges of honor and laurels also too to buy you instantly rank ups every now and then.

Both effects should stay. Theres tons of players out there, which have made their character builds all around these two buff effects, which mainly also work only when having these buffs. By removing these buffs permanently, Anet would willingly make just tons of players very angry by permanently destroying their character builds.
Both effects were very long. Everyone who plays Wvw more or less actively, has these effects already and those who haven’t them yet, to these people its simply suggestable to play in groups as long they haven’t these buffs and don’t roam around solo. So simple. these buffs were made in mind for Solo Roamers, so that solo roamers don’t get so easily overwhelmed by like 2-3 unbuffed enemies and have a slightly better chance at surviving (or at least fleeing)

Yes, the staff buffs everyone iwll see with upcoming balance changes due to the changes in the trait system will do a little compensation, however, it lets the question stay in the room, for why a veteran should keep on playing WvW, if Anet dumbs down the mode for everyone to Noob Niveau and theres no reward anymore for beign a long term veteran that earned his/herself some kind of progression in WvW.
Thats also the sole reason, for why you can’t say, these buffs add to power creep, because you lose them everytime when you die and dieing can happen very quickly in Wvw, its just a zerg needed to overwhelm you agaisnt which you stand no chance and bye buy your progression buffs and you have to recollect them.

These buffs rewarded also players for just killing enemy npcs and not just plain ignoring them, because their Wexp rewards are lackluster to those that you get from a real player kill.
—-

if Anet really would want to do something against power creep, then they should change how the Shrine Buffs work and redesign the Shrines, because everythign what they currently do is just addign power creep with their stat buffs to wvW.
Shrines could be so much more, than just stupid stat buffs and how they can be that, exactly show the much better designed shrines in the new desert borderlands.
Thats how shrines should have worked from begin on!!

And Anet should finally remove Buff Food from WvW, these and potions are the main reason, why there exist some way too overpowered builds for WvW. Buff Food and Potions should finally become a PVE Only thing. This woudl allow also Anet then to improve significantly all buff items for the game and make them alot more useful and fun to use, because when they would be all PvE only, then you wouldn’t have to consider about them becoming too OP for WVW and there are already now some buffs that are now in WvW too OP, like those foods, that increase or decrease condition durations by whopping 40%!!

As usual, ANet tries hard to fix something, and rather ruins the game at somethign more, that putting the fix hammer to the spot of the game, that actually really needs fixing, like Wvw achievements, like the mentioned shrines and buff items that shouldnt work in WvW

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Posted by: Qysarius.4301

Qysarius.4301

Who cares its just WvW :P
just kidding ofc…

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)

As usual, ANet tries hard to fix something, and rather ruins the game at somethign more, that putting the fix hammer to the spot of the game, that actually really needs fixing, like Wvw achievements, like the mentioned shrines and buff items that shouldnt work in WvW

Still to soon to talk about if was a good move or not, we dont have any idea how stats would be put trough armors.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

(…)

Still to soon to talk about if was a good move or not, we dont have any idea how stats would be put trough armors.

But you do. If you are full zerk, your power/precision/ferocity will be higher than if you set all your traits to 0 right now. They said it will ‘mostly’ make up the difference… Afterwards, you will have to change a piece or 3 to gain some vitality that you now cannot expect to have. They aren’t going to add vitality to zerk, or power to dire, or whatever.

One thing though, currently some builds go basically full zerk, and then trait defensively. War is a good example of one that can do this now and be effective. After the change, they will gain power/prec/ferocity. Now, I’m not sure on the trait differences and I’m not going into detail comparing builds from the information we have, but from a base stats standpoint, they are gaining. This will of course depend on specific builds.

Whole point is though, many will have to change their armor, and if they have ascended, they aren’t going to be happy. On plus side, at least it’s account bound, but ouch if it’s only character you want for that armor class, or if the rune is expensive, etc.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

(…)

But you do. If you are full zerk, your power/precision/ferocity will be higher than if you set all your traits to 0 right now. They said it will ‘mostly’ make up the difference… Afterwards, you will have to change a piece or 3 to gain some vitality that you now cannot expect to have. They aren’t going to add vitality to zerk, or power to dire, or whatever.

One thing though, currently some builds go basically full zerk(…)

Whole point is though, many will have to change their armor, and if they have ascended, they aren’t going to be happy. On plus side, at least it’s account bound, but ouch if it’s only character you want for that armor class, or if the rune is expensive, etc.

And that leads to a “problem” called build diversification and their effectivness gap, if class X doesnt spec with build Y and gear Z its doing wrong becouse its not gona be efective, and have huge problems facing better tunned high damage builds.

Being a DPS focused game is one thing, forcing player to be efective trough damage output is another and is bad as trinity(theres no healthy gameplay on both systems).

About the ascended, thank god i dont pve, but i doubt anet changes would have that big impact, if impacts ascended will also impact other gear sets becouse players had to change build to something completelly different, if that is the case they would need to get new armor for new build anyway.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Please don’t remove applied fortitude and strength…I’ve spent so much time getting rank points to get these for my toons. Please please please don’t take these out!

I’ve got max lvl to all my WvW skills and I applaud of that decision to remove guard stacks. It was an atrocious decision to begin with that only give you an unfair advantage over new players for a very short amount of time anyway since every one who don’t have guard stacks feel forced to get them first.

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

And that leads to a “problem” called build diversification and their effectivness gap, if class X doesnt spec with build Y and gear Z its doing wrong becouse its not gona be efective, and have huge problems facing better tunned high damage builds.

Being a DPS focused game is one thing, forcing player to be efective trough damage output is another and is bad as trinity(theres no healthy gameplay on both systems).

About the ascended, thank god i dont pve, but i doubt anet changes would have that big impact, if impacts ascended will also impact other gear sets becouse players had to change build to something completelly different, if that is the case they would need to get new armor for new build anyway.

I am all for build diversity. Last thing I ever want to see in WvW is a situation that revolves around running a few meta builds, and if you don’t run them, ‘you are bad and need to get out of wvw’ blah blah blah. It’s one thing if someone’s build is really really bad or they are in greens… and then you need to improve what’s lacking not get out entirely unless perhaps said person is completely hopeless but few really are. Bad enough with the ‘ppt or get out of wvw’ attitudes, already.

Ascended armor has only a minor effect, somewhere around equivalent to removing your headpiece, which if you look at the stats actually on that piece, meh. Ascended trinkets have a much bigger impact, for sure. As long as the traits keep only the same effective difference between exotic and ascended it won’t really matter.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

(…)

I am all for build diversity. Last thing I ever want to see in WvW is a situation that revolves around running a few meta builds(…).

(…).

wonder if people were encouraged to play more “creative” builds due the help of guard stacks, or players were being based already on similiar builds due help of staks + food for better optimizations ?
Theres to much to re-learn or re-adapt after this changes.

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

(…)

I am all for build diversity. Last thing I ever want to see in WvW is a situation that revolves around running a few meta builds(…).

(…).

wonder if people were encouraged to play more “creative” builds due the help of guard stacks, or players were being based already on similiar builds due help of staks + food for better optimizations ?
Theres to much to re-learn or re-adapt after this changes.

Definitely. And I think it was more of a combination of those. My thief build won’t be negatively impacted by any of the changes announced so far for instance (d/d). Always did work fine without any stacks at all, and food I tended to not use because I’m cheap. But I know many builds that could not reliably function without those stacks and food. As someone said to me though, after the changes certain people won’t have preserving their guard stacks as an excuse for running from a fair fight and only fighting when outnumbering *cough*cough*.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

You know people are going nuts over this, They clearly said in one of the beginning introductions of the new maps for WvW, there will be objectives to take that give buffs to the server who holds them.

Yep, they are replacing something that was relevant with a pve section to obtain server buffs, and a massive pve section which ends in one server getting free gate destruction.

Sounds great- eliminates the need for players, which is just as well seeing as there are so few left playing wvw these days:-)

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.