Please Let Support = Credit + Bags

in WvW

Posted by: Merrex.5384

Merrex.5384

DPS is King in this game and doing damage to the enemy is the only way to get Bags or loot + kills and Credit.

A few Examples :

Mesmer uses Veil on a zerg and helps them win the battle but gets nothing in return for actually casting the Veil.

Elementalist uses Waters to heal people and gets nothing for doing so.

And the list goes on i could spend all day finding skills that help people win fights but do zero dps and as such they do not count twards getting loot or credit for kills.

Is there no way to reward players for helping the team win by using support skills ?

Maybe give supporters a small chance for partial kill on a enemy that was killed by someone they helped.

in WvW

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

I think this is something that is theoretically possible but practically not.

Anet did a good job making the huge zerg vs. zerg actually quite playable and unlaggy.. but imagine what will happen if in the background the game has to keep tabs on all the people that got healed/supported by other people.

You vail 20 people, 7 of them kill Y, 8 kill X, 4 kill Z, 2 people that killed X supported 1 guy that killed Z and so on and on.

All those cross-connections for supporting/healing allied players and getting loot based and what does players do after that.. would simply break the game I think.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

I think this is something that is theoretically possible but practically not.

Anet did a good job making the huge zerg vs. zerg actually quite playable and unlaggy.. but imagine what will happen if in the background the game has to keep tabs on all the people that got healed/supported by other people.

You vail 20 people, 7 of them kill Y, 8 kill X, 4 kill Z, 2 people that killed X supported 1 guy that killed Z and so on and on.

All those cross-connections for supporting/healing allied players and getting loot based and what does players do after that.. would simply break the game I think.

And there is your typical spam 1 tag everything guardian’s response^

Would be interesting to see how long all those elite taggers lasted if the support classes all decided to roll guard too…

Maybe they could change loot to how many enemies died in an area, then every 30 seconds autoloot to all friendlies in an area- not going to happen, but would be a lot fairer than the current system which is 10 times as many bags to the spam 1 guard as to the water ele keeping them all alive.

The other thing that need changing is the way credit is given for capping towers, etc so you don’t have to do damage to get credit..again, not going to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

Most games have a share loot system.
With the enhanced sqaud system they could add the share loot system into place.
You share your loot across your sqaud or party.

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

I think the best way would be support classes to start charging for their services.

But then someone has to keep an eye on them making sure that player remains a support class and not change half way through to dps.

That’s one of the problems with GW2, they claim to have got rid of the trinity, but all they did is make everyone dps.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

And there is your typical spam 1 tag everything guardian’s response^

Would be interesting to see how long all those elite taggers lasted if the support classes all decided to roll guard too…

So my response has no value because you saw that I mained guard?
Beside the fact that I don’t enjoy playing staff in zergs I do slightly more than 1-spam, but thx for your concern.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If worried about loot, spend 1 hour a week in silverwastes and you have way more/better then a whole week of wvw!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

If worried about loot, spend 1 hour a week in silverwastes and you have way more/better then a whole week of wvw!

What is this Silverwastes you speak of? Some form of pve? If I wanted to play mindless farmbot game there are many of them out there…

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I don’t get why casting veil or water skills prevents you from attacking the enemy afterwards. Veil’s on a 72s cooldown. What else are you doing? I mean every class has support skills that aren’t mutually exclusive with offensive skills. There’s also skills like feedback or traited curtain that reflects that accomplish both. Just find enemies that are trained down and hit f1 f2 f3 f4, then blink out. You can also hit them with skills such as gs2/3, staff 5 if you traited chaotic interruption. Or fire sigils.

When I first played Mesmer I was thinking “dear lord, why should I trait such a long cooldown skill that doesn’t help me?” until I realized the fight going more smoothly = more bags anyways.

I’m not even going to talk about staff ele as you could put all your water skills on cooldown, change attunement and hit random button (but preferably fire). If you trait lightning rod, there’s absolutely no reason to not get bags on a staff ele because your “support” also does damage now.

What they could do though, is to lower the dps threshold for tagging or to it so that your party members hitting stuff when you’re close enough to be good enough for credit, although I’ve never really seen that to be a problem except in pve and sometimes the champ lord. But it does seem buggy. Once I got credit for the bag and not the cap.

If one wants to talk about helping and not getting enough credit, I would bring up people that knock down walls with siege and don’t get a champ bag because they can’t rush over in time. I think that’s fundamentally wrong on many levels as this makes it both tedious and unrewarding. I must admit, I suddenly become deaf when someone asks to get on a treb.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

So, the only problem I see is we will have even more random veils thrown down then we already do! :S

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

DPS is King in this game and doing damage to the enemy is the only way to get Bags or loot + kills and Credit.

A few Examples :

Mesmer uses Veil on a zerg and helps them win the battle but gets nothing in return for actually casting the Veil.

Elementalist uses Waters to heal people and gets nothing for doing so.

And the list goes on i could spend all day finding skills that help people win fights but do zero dps and as such they do not count twards getting loot or credit for kills.

Is there no way to reward players for helping the team win by using support skills ?

Maybe give supporters a small chance for partial kill on a enemy that was killed by someone they helped.

Toss a feedback on the backline and a chaos storm on basically anyone and get bags. No mesmers don’t get as many bags as frontline, necros, eles, or rangers, but they get bags. If you chose to main a mesmer to “get bags” you’re doing it wrong.

That being said it wouldn’t be hard (I wouldn’t think) for them to code a sharing amongst team members. A mesmer teamed with a a couple eles and a couple necros should get huge numbers of bags.