Please Merge NA Tier 3-8 into Tier 1-2

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Arena Net,

Your WvW seasons are a great competitive mode. The players would enjoy an even more balanced competition where the fight is truly always on.

There is a very easy solution. The most vocal minority will object. The majority will enjoy the result, and only the data will reveal this fact.

The NA leaderboard has 8 tiers. Currently, tier 1 and 2 hold the lion’s share of WvW playing people. They gain players from the lower tiers daily, at an increasing rate.

At some time between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3, please utilize your Megaserver system to support merger of all tier 3 through tier 8 NA servers into tier 1 and 2. I suggest the following:

• Lock transfers for some short period before the merger.
  • Sort tiers 3-8 into tiers 1-2 in reverse order.

This means:

• Rank 6 receives Rank 7-9
  • Rank 5 receives Rank 10-12
  • Rank 4 receives Rank 13-15
  • Rank 3 receives Rank 16-18
  • Rank 2 receives Rank 19-21
  • Rank 1 receives Rank 22-24

Thanks,

Your #1 Fan NA

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Yes, please. I don’t troll, I type real-talk for love of the game!

ANet #1 Fan NA

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

no thanks, I’m happy where I am.

We’ve built a community, there’s rarely queues and I can actually have an individual impact.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Virtute.8251

no thanks, I’m happy where I am.

We’ve built a community, there’s rarely queues and I can actually have an individual impact.

Your whole community will come with you. It’s small enough to fit in a single guild. Name it “Northern Shiverpeaks [NSP]”. Problem solved.

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

you have it backwards. The top 3-4 servers need to destack, not the other way around

in WvW

Virtute.8251

you have it backwards. The top 3-4 servers need to destack, not the other way around

No one is stacked. “Stacked” is an irrelevant term as used here.

Stacked: “(of a deck of cards) shuffled or arranged dishonestly so as to gain an unfair advantage.”

That’s what people here mean by “stacked”, and they are flat-out wrong. There’s nothing dishonest about it here, ever. It’s an in-built game mechanic and part of the business model that funds your free-to-play fun. There’s nothing unfair about it. 1:1:1 fairness is not a goal of the game mode.

Thank you for the opportunity to explain.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

People like to fight in groups of people against other groups of people. People outside of NA prime on NA servers and outside of EU prime on EU servers all cluster around a few servers because of a lower population. Deal with it.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Sad Tas.2509

I understand that stacking servers is what the game mode rewards and that it is more fun to be on a more populated server. I merely pointed out that the population imbalances are caused not by lower tier servers having small populations but rather that people decided to stack the higher tier servers. I never said it was dishonest or unfair or whatever.

It’s understandable that the people from the stacked servers will come in and be defensive about it. Personally I don’t care. But the point remains that the top 3-4 servers stacking is what created the problem and they need to lose the people in order to fix the problem. Merging lower tiered servers is not the solution.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Partial merger of rank 26 and rank 27 EU servers onto a rank 15 EU server during free transfers already resulted in multi-hour primetime queues. Anyone who proposes something like this has no idea about the population numbers.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I understand that stacking servers is what the game mode rewards

There is no stack.

and that it is more fun to be on a more populated server.

Yes.

I merely pointed out that the population imbalances are caused not by lower tier servers having small populations but rather that people decided to stack the higher tier servers.

There is no stack.

I never said it was dishonest or unfair or whatever.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stack

stack the deck,
a. to arrange cards or a pack of cards so as to cheat: He stacked the deck and won every hand.
b. to manipulate events, information, etc., especially unethically, in order to achieve an advantage or desired result.

Yes you did.

It’s understandable that the people from the stacked servers will come in and be defensive about it.

There is no stack.

Personally I don’t care.

Yes you do.

But the point remains that the top 3-4 servers stacking

There is no stack.

is what created the problem and they need to lose the people in order to fix the problem.

No it’s not.

Merging lower tiered servers is not the solution.

Yes it is.

Partial merger of rank 26 and rank 27 EU servers onto a rank 15 EU server during free transfers already resulted in multi-hour primetime queues.

In the current server and queue system, that’s acceptable and expected.

Anyone who proposes something like this has no idea about the population numbers.

Irrelevant and untrue. I’m in NA gold league, and I expect that this suggestion would be paired with ANet’s privileged knowledge of real population data which you also have no reference for.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Here’s a better idea. Break up the servers in tiers 1-2 and distribute the players into what’s currently tier 3-8. How do you like that?

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Here’s a better idea. Break up the servers in tiers 1-2 and distribute the players into what’s currently tier 3-8. How do you like that?

First, most or half of those people in those Tiers 1-2 are original to those servers. Secondly, those who are not original to those servers PAID to move to those servers – in other words, your’s and others suggestion to have ANET re-distribute players from those Tier 1-2 servers into Tiers 3-8 is removing PERSONAL CHOICE and definitely not compensating those players that actually PAID to move. What happens if I get moved to a pathetic Tier 3-8 server that I did not or do not want to be on simply because you wanted ANET to re-distribute the player populations on those Tier 1-2 servers? YOU going to pay for my move back to a Tier 1-2 server? Hardly. ANET ever ‘re-distributes’ me to another server without my approval and I will uninstall this game so fast it would make heads’ spin, bet.

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I think by “stacked” people mean heavily loaded with, as in “stacked high” not as in “stacked deck”.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

First, most or half of those people in those Tiers 1-2 are original to those servers. Secondly, those who are not original to those servers PAID to move to those servers – in other words, your’s and others suggestion to have ANET re-distribute players from those Tier 1-2 servers into Tiers 3-8 is removing PERSONAL CHOICE and definitely not compensating those players that actually PAID to move. What happens if I get moved to a pathetic Tier 3-8 server that I did not or do not want to be on simply because you wanted ANET to re-distribute the player populations on those Tier 1-2 servers? YOU going to pay for my move back to a Tier 1-2 server? Hardly. ANET ever ‘re-distributes’ me to another server without my approval and I will uninstall this game so fast it would make heads’ spin, bet.

That’s his point exactly. It’s just as kitten to merge down as it is to merge up. It’s not fair to anyone.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Sad Tas.2509

lmao dude you’re taking this way too seriously

not gunna argue with kittens, enjoy your queues and omniblobs

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Forced redistribution is forced, regardless of who gets moved around.

The only way you could potentially have players redistribute would be with alliances. That way players get to choose where they want to play. Whatever solution you have in mind for population control it is essential that it lets players make their own choice, rather than arbitrarily imposing it upon them. Empower the player, not the system.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I think by “stacked” people mean heavily loaded with, as in “stacked high” not as in “stacked deck”.

I read it this way for months, and selectively read “stacked deck” sometimes, but I disagree now. Preponderance of evidence is that most people mean “stacked deck” not “stacked high”. They even use it as “stacked high” in context, but then reveal that the emotional quality of their position being argued is “stacked deck”.

It all lies in the fairness factor. Most users of “stack” here will present a statement that pivots on that.

That’s his point exactly. It’s just as kitten to merge down as it is to merge up. It’s not fair to anyone.

Yet again, and again, and again:

At no point did I, or would I have, said “Fair competition” WvW is not intended to be “fair”. There are servers with more people, there are servers with better organizations and that will always be the case. This competition will be about showing how your world can do over a defined period of time, against a variety of opponents. SPvP is the part of our game that aims for a completely level playing field. WvW would never be able to match that goal.

You do not receive permission to argue upon fairness in regard to WvW. It’s not happening, ever. You may freely waste calories doing so, but know that they will be 100% wasted.

The true facts are that any other factor imaginable is more relevant than fairness. Business decisions are at the core of everything that happens here. That is a relevant factor to the game. For the majority of players, my merger proposal would render a positive net impact that is measurable in business decision making metrics. The counter offer of even distribution on the whole set of 24 NA servers would not do the same. Mine wins that round.

enjoy your queues and omniblobs

This is a valid point at its core. It is entirely possible to implement my suggestion while also solving this problem.

Forced redistribution is forced, regardless of who gets moved around.

The only way you could potentially have players redistribute would be with alliances. That way players get to choose where they want to play. Whatever solution you have in mind for population control it is essential that it lets players make their own choice, rather than arbitrarily imposing it upon them. Empower the player, not the system.

That’s a fair assessment. There will come a time in this game where servers will have to close. It always happens on this model. Arguments against it show that the “server loyalty” factor has succeeded.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: loquacious.2915

loquacious.2915

Then the word is packed, not stacked.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

As someone who has seen almost every tier of wvw.

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Virtute.8251

As someone who has seen almost every tier of wvw.

Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

:D

As someone who played Anvil Rock for my first year in the game, I feel bad for you. I hope you find a home and play nice with them when then AR doors are locked.

The game started out with too few servers to support its early WvW attendance. Then it began cascading toward too few. AR is in Bronze for the long haul by its own doing, and they’ll be first to go.

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

At no point did I, or would I have, said “Fair competition” WvW is not intended to be “fair”. There are servers with more people, there are servers with better organizations and that will always be the case. This competition will be about showing how your world can do over a defined period of time, against a variety of opponents. SPvP is the part of our game that aims for a completely level playing field. WvW would never be able to match that goal.

You do not receive permission to argue upon fairness in regard to WvW. It’s not happening, ever. You may freely waste calories doing so, but know that they will be 100% wasted.

The true facts are that any other factor imaginable is more relevant than fairness. Business decisions are at the core of everything that happens here. That is a relevant factor to the game. For the majority of players, my merger proposal would render a positive net impact that is measurable in business decision making metrics. The counter offer of even distribution on the whole set of 24 NA servers would not do the same. Mine wins that round.

Since you want to sit and point out every misconception, try reading Devon’s post again. That is discussing fair COMPETITION and not being fair to a playerbase that enjoys a variety of aspects and not only blob vs blob. And to dispute even further, merging would be closer to promoting fair competition, which has already been stated is not their intent. With having lower tier servers, new players who haven’t done research, pick those servers, but it turns out they have your mindset and wish to join the omniblobs, they pay real money to buy gems to transfer. On top of making the initial cost of the game, Anet also just got a gem payment, thus that business model is better than closing half the servers, rendering transferring nearly irrelevant.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

You feel bad…… /shrug

If they lock the doors, it will be sad, cuz it’s better than t1, every single person that has come from kitten AR with free trans, including myself, has enjoyed themselves so much more. AR is nice in bronze and I’m not even sure most of us would want to go back up into silver anyways. Your clueless if you think this is a good idea in a game where you’re supposed to play the way you want.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

There is a very easy solution. The most vocal minority will object. The majority will enjoy the result, and only the data will reveal this fact.

“i think my idea has the mandate of heaven and i will marginalize dissent before it materializes”

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

It’s a dead issue anyhow. ANet raised the server capacities again (or a lot of people in <insert poorly implemented competing MMO here>) and there is no incentive to destack.

The problem lies in that every time they have put in free transfers; a Flavor of the Month bandwagon forms.
SBI was the highest ranked server with a cheaper transfer cost; so it became a bandwagon. HoD was free to xfer to, so it’s become a bandwagon.

in WvW

Posted by: buckeyecro.9614

buckeyecro.9614

I agree that the population should be pooled more broadly together, but server merges, but most especially for WvW, is a VERY BAD IDEA when combined with PvE/ Spvp megaserver system. I can’t stress this enough.

Let’s do a thought experiment:

For example many communities would collapse if they would merge servers for WvW. One of SoR’s biggest and probably one of the game’s most loyal guilds will quit the game when SoR ceases to exist and I wouldn’t blame them at all. Other servers would likely see some guilds and players do so, too.

An alliance system is the best solution if merges must happen. Its best to leave the current named servers in place but pool them together via an Alliance system of sorts and allow players to choose maps they join but with some restrictions.

By doing this, the Vanilla WvW maps would need to be overhauled nearly completely such that it is actually a brand new WvW experience. If you really want to fundamentally change the game mode, then go all the way.

Actually the author of: GW2: A Proposal for the Upcoming WvW Season has a great proposal and should be considered before merging the servers.

Sanctum of Rall NA Engineer Commander

Guild Wars 2 needs a Public Beta Environment

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

No one is stacked. “Stacked” is an irrelevant term as used here.

Stacked: “(of a deck of cards) shuffled or arranged dishonestly so as to gain an unfair advantage.”

That’s what people here mean by “stacked”, and they are flat-out wrong. There’s nothing dishonest about it here, ever. It’s an in-built game mechanic and part of the business model that funds your free-to-play fun. There’s nothing unfair about it. 1:1:1 fairness is not a goal of the game mode.

uhm, you don’t seem to know what T1 is like if you think it ain’t “stacked”. Then again, i’m in T1, so i’m probably biased by now.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

ManaCraft.5630

You do not receive permission to argue upon fairness in regard to WvW.

Sure we do. We will never reach the same level of balance as PvP does, but it is still desirable to aim for the best achievable degree of balance. Some systems are better at mitigating the impact of population distribution than others, and we should lobby a.net to make them implement better systems.

There will come a time in this game where servers will have to close. It always happens on this model. Arguments against it show that the “server loyalty” factor has succeeded.

No doubt. Server death is an inevitable consequence of the current system, and will occur eventually somewhere down the line. I don’t understand why an MMO in 2014 still uses a server-based architecture. In any case, server loyalty is only a thing because servers are what we have. If we had alliances instead, it would be alliance loyalty.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

It’s a dead issue anyhow. ANet raised the server capacities again (or a lot of people in <insert poorly implemented competing MMO here>) and there is no incentive to destack.

The problem lies in that every time they have put in free transfers; a Flavor of the Month bandwagon forms.
SBI was the highest ranked server with a cheaper transfer cost; so it became a bandwagon. HoD was free to xfer to, so it’s become a bandwagon.

What’s up with you all this week? You all must not be as stacked as everyone thought – that is stacked as in a tall stack of pancakes not as in a stacked deck

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Devon caught heck for this statement when he made it – a long time ago. Anet has since recognized that there needs to be some sort of balance in WvW. It’s simply more fun when it is more balanced. They just havent figured out how to do it yet.

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

NONONONO! I went to kaineng BECAUSE there aren’t people. It promotes small group roaming. I would probably quit WvW if not the game if it truly turned into Blob Wars 2: Blobs and Boredom!

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

A very very bad idea.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

So people should play and stay on a dead or losing server.

Gotcha.

Makes complete sense – really………..

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

they only need to reduce map cap to force people to spread out to be able to play WvW (on other servers that is)

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

2/10 troll thread

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Arena Net,

Your WvW seasons are a great competitive mode. The players would enjoy an even more balanced competition where the fight is truly always on.

The NA leaderboard has 8 tiers. Currently, tier 1 and 2 hold the lion’s share of WvW playing people. They gain players from the lower tiers daily, at an increasing rate.

At some time between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3, please utilize your Megaserver system to support merger of all tier 3 through tier 8 NA servers into tier 1 and 2. I suggest the following:

• Lock transfers for some short period before the merger.
  • Sort tiers 3-8 into tiers 1-2 in reverse order.

This means:

• Rank 6 receives Rank 7-9
  • Rank 5 receives Rank 10-12
  • Rank 4 receives Rank 13-15
  • Rank 3 receives Rank 16-18
  • Rank 2 receives Rank 19-21
  • Rank 1 receives Rank 22-24

Thanks,

Your #1 Fan NA

You appeal to majority and then claim data backs your argument up without presenting any.

Your argument is illogical.

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

I’m seriously enjoying this post, the guy is so steadfast in his opinion without resorting to name calling. This is oddly refreshing to read, I shall keep up to date with this one for the sake of a good read.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

You appeal to majority and then claim data backs your argument up without presenting any.

Your argument is illogical.

Underlined the more pertinent parts for you. I claim that ANet’s privileged data will reveal the facts, y’know, in the future, when they implement an excellent solution (such as mine) for population coverage imbalances.

I’m seriously enjoying this post, the guy is so steadfast in his opinion without resorting to name calling. This is oddly refreshing to read, I shall keep up to date with this one for the sake of a good read.

Yet, I got smacked in PM a few times for being a big meanie face. Q_Q SORRY I <3 U ANET PLS NO HITSES MEH.

2/10 troll thread

0/10 troll thread, cuz is srys thread.

NONONONO!

Woa, there.

I went to kaineng BECAUSE there aren’t people. It promotes small group roaming. I would probably quit WvW if not the game if it truly turned into Blob Wars 2: Blobs and Boredom!

And I want to be able to mod GW2 to the point that we have a nexusmods.com section for the thousands of jiggly-bits addons that would be made. Not happening, though!

Not everyone gets their own personal WvW sandbox, and we don’t need to keep Kaineng around until the day that there are 5 of you chasing 5 Anvil Rock across all 4 maps for epic sPvP-in-WvW hide-and-seek. But I’m willing to bet that ANet can find a way to make a very special Obsidian Santcum type of playpen just for the solosmallmensroambro players to enjoy. They certainly ask for large, empty, maps often enough.

Let’s make a deal. Solosmallmensroambro world server, where PK is enabled and every map has a player cap of exactly three. They can roam for 3 hours hunting each other, and argue when a wrong one gets in and interrupts an epic 75 minute duel for capture of Stonemist Castle.

Gotta please everyone, these days.

Some systems are better at mitigating the impact of population distribution than others, and we should lobby a.net to make them implement better systems.

Population distribution doesn’t need to be mitigated. It needs to be accepted as a fact of life by the PPT players, and used as a game mechanic. Non-PPT players do not even have a horse in this race. Their opinions are mostly irrelevant to the discussion, because it’s a scoring issue.

No doubt. Server death is an inevitable consequence of the current system

Right.

and will occur eventually somewhere down the line. I don’t understand why an MMO in 2014 still uses a server-based architecture. In any case, server loyalty is only a thing because servers are what we have. If we had alliances instead, it would be alliance loyalty.

So we agree. You are welcome to join the Dragonbrand alliance. You’ll be joining one of the 6 Alliance Servers eventually, anyway. Get a head start on the BANDSTACKNUMBERSBLOBZERGNOSKILLLAGWAGONGEST.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

ManaCraft.5630

Population distribution doesn’t need to be mitigated.

Ehm … that’s exactly what your suggestion does. Rearrange population to mitigate poor distribution.

in WvW

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Ehm … that’s exactly what your suggestion does. Rearrange population to mitigate poor distribution.

Bingo. And where strongly encouraging the higher population servers to disperse across the lower peon servers wins out over even more mega consolidation, like what has been suggested here, is that the engine this game uses does not handle anything over 50 or so players in one spot very well.

So this proposed method of population redistribution would very likely end up with a less satisfactory overall experience than other methods.

in WvW

Posted by: Big Boss.5206

Big Boss.5206

Your proposed version of fun: Multiple groups of minimal 30+ people roaming around in all areas of the map. You can either join a group and spam #1 like crazy and pray you hit everything or you can step outside and get run over by a group.

My version of fun: Solo roam around the map and win a 1vs3. Join up with a 5 man havoc group and kill other havoc groups trying to cut off our supply to towers and keep. Solo take a tower while our zerg of 30 is in enemy territory. Being a known and trusted member of my wvw community and not just a number to a blob. Gloriously defending our upgraded towers and keep against forces 3 times our size with the “outnumbered” stat in the bottom right of our screen…holding them off just long enough until our server’s prime time gets on.

If you override my version of fun with your version of fun I will ip bomb your router and make it so your computer sounds like Skrillex’s newest release when you boot it up

Lots of hugs and kisses,

Lower Tier Roaming Community

P.S. The “majority” you refer to who will enjoy large scale conflicts 24/7 are already on the upper tiers. We who have decided to stay on the lower tiers are here by choice. Most of us are here not because of “server loyality” but because we receive more reward with a smaller community. And clearly Anet supports the diversity of wvw. That is why we have a Gold, Silver and Bronze league…or else we would just have one league for all.

(edited by Big Boss.5206)

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

OP:

If your goal is to not have people play WvW then that is a good solution. Otherwise that’s terrible.

Maps can only handle about 60-80 people at a time. T1 and T2 queue that up on reset nights. And everyone except BG and TC has no queues on more than one map the rest of the week.

Poorly thought out solution imo.

I would much rather see:

• Transfer prices be highest for highest glicko server, 0 for lowest, and increasing according to glicko standing.
  • Introduce content scaling where walls/gates scale according to the difference between defenders and attackers. (Reverse doesn’t need to be worried about as 40 defenders will just kill 10 attackers)
  • Rewards based on winning the match-up, to stop the silly “play for 2nd attitude” and make matches more competitive where a 2v1 against a top server is encouraged and beneficial.
  • The lock for WvW transfers should go in effect when the seasons are announced, or a day after to stop server stacking and creating unbalanced match-ups (aka HoD effect).
  • Beef up the Outmanned buff to give extra points for objective/enemy player kills (5-10 points extra per taken objective/killed player), 100% magic find and double wxp gain since the opportunity to gain wxp is drastically reduced when outmanned. This is to encourage the smaller pop to come out.

Things like that I feel will make a difference, not merging servers and destroying relationships built up, rivalries, and creating day long queues.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

The last thing we need is more queues and skill lag in T1 and T2. It’s getting stupid as is. T1 has needed to de-stack for ages now, but they’re too obstinate to bother.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The last thing we need is more queues and skill lag in T1 and T2. It’s getting stupid as is. T1 has needed to de-stack for ages now, but they’re too obstinate to bother.

Well Anet hasn’t given people a reason too. Thats the main problem.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

I’ll turn that around and ask you what reason is there to xfer to T1? Outside of seasons, winning a matchup gives you 3 bonus chests, all of which are inevitably filled with greens. T1 most definitely isn’t more skilled than the other tiers (probably 90%+ of the GvG guilds are in T2). Combine that with the queues and ever-present skill lag and I don’t understand why you’d want to go there.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I’ll turn that around and ask you what reason is there to xfer to T1? Outside of seasons, winning a matchup gives you 3 bonus chests, all of which are inevitably filled with greens. T1 most definitely isn’t more skilled than the other tiers (probably 90%+ of the GvG guilds are in T2). Combine that with the queues and ever-present skill lag and I don’t understand why you’d want to go there.

The people I’ve encountered who have transferred to T1 usually do it for one of two reasons: (1) they value artificial metrics like PPT or (2) they want to be able to join a zerg at any time of day and not worry about map hopping incessantly/other servers rolling their BL.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Queues? What queues? Queues have not been a major issue in tier 1 for months. When I am in tier 1 and I see we have empty maps with outmanned, I just imagine how terrible it must be in low tiers.

The vocal minority on forums think they are superior for being in a lower tier server, but the majority of players realize it’s more fun to play on servers with lots of people on them at most hours of the day, that’s why they are in tier 1-2.

in WvW

Boonprot.6274

Queues? What queues? Queues have not been a major issue in tier 1 for months. When I am in tier 1 and I see we have empty maps with outmanned, I just imagine how terrible it must be in low tiers.

The vocal minority on forums think they are superior for being in a lower tier server, but the majority of players realize it’s more fun to play on servers with lots of people on them at most hours of the day, that’s why they are in tier 1-2.

Run back to the blob, little zergling.

Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Bingo. And where strongly encouraging the higher population servers to disperse across the lower peon servers wins out over even more mega consolidation, like what has been suggested here, is that the engine this game uses does not handle anything over 50 or so players in one spot very well.

So this proposed method of population redistribution would very likely end up with a less satisfactory overall experience than other methods.

No. My suggestion does not rearrange population to mitigate poor distribution.

My suggestion does not value a particular population distribution. What it mitigates are the negative affects of retaining access to sub-par and dying server communities.

Separately, it asks that the Megaserver system be used to mitigate any negative affects of population distribution. The act of population redistribution through merger can occur without that step. They are distinct suggestions.

No level in the system mandates a static number of named “world servers”. They are using database sharding and high-availability technology. Your server names are merely cosmetic.

There are too many world servers. It diminishes player experience quality, and is unsustainable for the full life of the game.

Reduce the number of world servers, and you reduce the quantity of this form of petty bickering. There will be no need for lowest-tier servers to spend energy attempting to recruit players, then experiencing anguish at their inability to do so, while simultaneously their server-mates interact with the at-large community in ways that exemplify precisely why those servers are low-tier and untenable as MMO communities.

They won’t exist, and we’ll be better for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I’m sure the majority of t3 does not want to be merged in with the queue, zerg fest that is t1 and t2.

Yes, please merge the remaining players into the two stacked tiers, so no one can get into wvw to play. /sarcasm off.

If people want to go to t1 / t2, then just transfer there. Hell, a lot of people already did before the season.

in WvW

Sad Tas.2509

you still don’t address the fact that this merger will create more queues and more skill lag. Like I’ve said and other people have said, as well, tier 1 needs to destack, not the other way around. Sure, merging lower tiered servers into 1-2 will create balance, but it will also lock out thousands of people from WvW because of the queues and since every map will most likely have a 60+ man blob running around it will be unplayable. This is not the answer. And after reading through this thread I can’t understand how you can still argue for your “solution.” Your idea won’t solve the issue at hand which is the fact that tier 1 and most of tier 2 is stacked far beyond what is necessary and needs to destack in order for balance to be achieved, at least in more tiers than 1.

Your idea won’t be implemented because 1) its awful and 2) anet doesnt give a kitten about WvW and hasn’t from the launch of the game. Once season 2 is over the game mode will die.