Please change reset time

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

Please Anet consider changing the reset time for WvW. This 10:00 pm eastern time is so late. Most of our guild members have to work on Saturday therefore they cant stay up late to enjoy reset in the Great Alpine boarderlands. Since were all sitting around waiting for reset to start people are tired from working all day.

Cant it be changed to 9:00 pm eastern so the ones that have to work the weekends can at least enjoy some of the reset. I’m sure 1 hour earlier would not hurt anyone.

thanks Anet

(edited by kathy.8291)

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Have to agree, way too late and I’m on the west coast. People do work on Saturday.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Already stated that this is too late of a reset. Why Anet continues to demand it’s need, I don’t know.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: Snowywonders.1378

Snowywonders.1378

No, this reset time is good.
7pm for me.
Do not change.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ANET hopefully my screaming can convince anet.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Please change – 10pm gives one hour before reasonable bedtime US Eastern.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: ChavaStark.9147

ChavaStark.9147

Changing to around 9pm, could be a bit easier or 8 pm for eastern, then for Pacific time it would be either 6 pm or 5 pm. This works well for both. People probably get out at work around 4pm to 5 pm, so if they get home, they can play at a more reasonable time for Pacific. For Eastern now if it was 9pm or 8pm this could be better because, It is not as late, I can put a hour in before bed which is great, and it simply is better.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

The problem with making it earlier is players are not home from work earlier than 10 pm E east coast time in California. That is 7 pm in California ( the most populated state in the US.)
The choice is making some in the US stay up a little bit later or not allowing others to be there at all and NEVER get to play reset due to this. By the time they come home,eat dinner and sit down to play they are in queue all night. Everyone deserves to be able to come home, eat dinner and sit down to play and wind down like everyone else. The whole world does not revolve around the east coast so they have to find some middle ground here and this is it.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

I’ll have to agree with the OP and previous posters… 10PM Eastern Time is painful. (NOTE: Friday night reset is better than “anytime” Saturday imo!) But it would be nice if reset were at 9PM or even 8PM Eastern.

Thank you for your consideration!

Moonlight [THRU]

Please change reset time

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Changing to around 9pm, could be a bit easier or 8 pm for eastern, then for Pacific time it would be either 6 pm or 5 pm. This works well for both. People probably get out at work around 4pm to 5 pm, so if they get home, they can play at a more reasonable time for Pacific. For Eastern now if it was 9pm or 8pm this could be better because, It is not as late, I can put a hour in before bed which is great, and it simply is better.

Not sure where you live, but for most people, they are in rush hour traffic from 5-6 pm, not home yet. That isn’t reasonable to make sure they cannot play at all. California is the MOST populated state in the US, it would be bad to just not let them play too.
When the decision is having one group stay up a little late vs another not even being able to play, I think having one group stay up a little late is not as unreasonable as not allowing the other group to play.

RUSH hour is called RUSH hour due to the majority of the people are on the road at that time.

( I am right in the middle BTW ~ Texas~ but see both sides and think this is the only way to be fair to West coast.)

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Please change reset time

in WvW

kathy.8291

You keep talking about the most populated state in US and all about the California time 6pm is rush hour, but you also have the whole night to play when you get home. 10 pm eastern time, people are already going to bed because their tired from working the whole day.. Getting home at 6 pm and waiting 4 hours for reset is exhausting and boring.

Please Anet do something about the reset time, because I remember at one time it was 8 pm eastern (if not mistaken). 10 pm eastern is totally uncalled for and frankly not fair.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

the reset time is later now because everyone threw such huge hissy fits about ANET (who are on west coast time) doing hot fixes right after reset before the weekend which they say will likely continue to happen. They also felt it would be too much of hardship for them to guarantee they could always get their hot fixes finished before their close of business on Friday nite so just a bit earlier than before of a reset wasn’t going to work either. So that is the trade off. Later reset so it won’t get interrupted.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Please change reset time

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

the reset time is later now because everyone threw such huge hissy fits about ANET (who are on west coast time) doing hot fixes right after reset before the weekend which they say will likely continue to happen. They also felt it would be too much of hardship for them to guarantee they could always get their hot fixes finished before their close of business on Friday nite so just a bit earlier than before of a reset wasn’t going to work either. So that is the trade off. Later reset so it won’t get interrupted.

The percentage of updates performed on a Friday, that interrupted reset is in the single digits. That reasoning is utterly flawed based on Anet’s history.

For the conversation of prioritizing reset around the west coast, here’s some simple numbers for you.

Distribution of US Population by Time Zone:
Eastern 47%
Central 32.9%
Mountain 5.4%
Pacific 14.1%

A smart choice would be to not prioritize around 14.1%.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I realize I’m outside the norm here BUT

This isn’t an American (as in USA) only game. There are other countries as well that will play on the NA servers. Someone is always going to complain about what time reset is. I know that if it’s earlier on BG, a lot of West Coast won’t have time to get home and even play at reset. Tonight I saw all 4 maps had a 40ish queue each at 11:30pm Eastern.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

So what if you miss reset?
There are 6 other days in the week.

Sounds like a whole bunch of moaning to me.
I miss the g reset every frig week…being a EU playing on a NA Server… I occasionally stayed up for it till about 4am playing for a few hours.

Sounds like a lot of moaning to me.

Why not make the reset random day of the week/time like last Tue- was great fun..then everyone can moan not knowing when it will be.

RNG Reset ANET !!! Please make is it so !

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Please change reset time

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

So what if you miss reset?
There are 6 other days in the week.

Sounds like a whole bunch of moaning to me.
I miss the g reset every frig week…being a EU playing on a NA Server… I occasionally stayed up for it till about 4am playing for a few hours.

Sounds like a lot of moaning to me.

Why not make the reset random day of the week/time like last Tue- was great fun..then everyone can moan not knowing when it will be.

RNG Reset ANET !!! Please make is it so !

I usually do not even play reset and wait for when there are less players on because I prefer to be outnumbered and that isn’t going to happen at reset. HAHAHA

But yea, I have heard from many for a long time they could not even play reset and would play other games instead during due them being in rush hour traffic when it started so I understand they always missed out.

Some of these guilds only run reset, so these guys never get to play with their guild if they miss it so they are in queue every single week instead of getting to play at all. If they made the maps adjust to the population however, that would solve the issues of queues and they could start it earlier.

Personally, I think that is the worst time to run, half you guild gets locked out, people Dc all over the place then get stuck in massive queues.. It is most frequently sloppy disorganized dumbed down blobby game play and works much better when servers have all guilds on server tier their start times so you dont have queues and always have someone running. that way when one logs off they hand off to another and people can get their guilds on the map. Some guilds like to run drunken all nighters on the weekends so that is also a consideration outside of running reset itself.

WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons! As suggested here why not change the scoring so it’s much, much more influenced by activity, so Friday night through Sunday have a much bigger influence on the score, then change reset to Sunday night. Given that scoring is the next thing they are going to focus on, now is the time to talk about it.

Benefits: The the matchup stops being over by day 3. The end of the match, the most popular time to play, the most important time to play and the weekend all become the same thing Everyone can get back from work on Friday at the right time for them and the excitement is just beginning!

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

Please change reset time

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons! As suggested here why not change the scoring so it’s much, much more influenced by activity, so Friday night through Sunday have a much bigger influence on the score, then change reset to Sunday night. Given that scoring is the next thing they are going to focus on, now is the time to talk about it.

Benefits: The the matchup stops being over by day 3. The end of the match, the most popular time to play and the weekend all become the same thing Everyone can get back from work on Friday at the right time for them and the excitement is just beginning!

I really like the idea of trying to make the end of the match much more competitive, though that does take some of the surprise out of it ( less unpredictable attacks out of nowhere mid week) and could have the opposite effect of having it dead all week until the end of the match instead. Maybe if they just increase personal rewards for winning or specifically" contributing to that win" Players would be more competitive all week instead of just bursts of it.

I still think if they stopped rewarding lazy game play and focused on having the better fighters win instead people would not be embarrassed to win since currently winning means " You PvD and blob Siege hump REAL good!" and players would rather put a bag over their heads than lay claim to that title. It is currently a shame and embarrassment to win.. It should not be that way if the scoring was set up proper. Reduce/ remove passive scoring and reward players for PvP in a PvP game mode and they will want to play all week and win. It should be an honor to win, not an embarrassment as it currently is.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Yep!. If you follow the link you’ll see I suggested they reward activity by greatly increasing the contribution of ppk, so although capturing an objective has the same impact whatever the hours and those play in the “off hours” don’t feel their play time is being devalued, having to fight through 80 players to do it is valued appropriately too! But that’s obviously a bit off-topic for this thread.

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

Please change reset time

in WvW

kathy.8291

All this talk about being stuck in rush hour, At least you have the rest of the evening to play. Eastern folks can maybe have an hour to play after reset, then its lights out. Alot of people like playing on reset because its possibility going against a different server and you want to play with your guildies. As far as having a que at 11:30 at night, hmmmmm thats when it started to die down due to people going to work on saturday or people just tired from working all day long and the only que was on ebg and that is due to the different time zone people coming on.

Didnt think 1 hour earlier would kill anyone and if you remember reset in the past started at 8 pm eastern so therefore im talking about changing it to 9 pm eastern so it gives us all a chance to play and enjoy.

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

I have made post about reset time so many times. Hell I made a post about it last night. Anet reset time is too late for us est people. Can we please have it an hour early??? I really wanna play reset and help my server out on resets but I can’t rn because I’m in NY and work on the weekends so 10pm is too late. People who live in California or other western States you guys don’t have to worry about it because if you get home around 7 or 8 you still have while night to play where we easter people do not

Please change reset time

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

RESET TIME POLL PLEASE

Please change reset time

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

The percentage of updates performed on a Friday, that interrupted reset is in the single digits. That reasoning is utterly flawed based on Anet’s history.

For the conversation of prioritizing reset around the west coast, here’s some simple numbers for you.

Eastern 47%
Central 32.9%
Mountain 5.4%
Pacific 14.1%

If that data is accurate, it’s pretty obvious what should happen.

Please change reset time

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

All this talk about being stuck in rush hour, At least you have the rest of the evening to play. Eastern folks can maybe have an hour to play after reset, then its lights out. Alot of people like playing on reset because its possibility going against a different server and you want to play with your guildies. As far as having a que at 11:30 at night, hmmmmm thats when it started to die down due to people going to work on saturday or people just tired from working all day long and the only que was on ebg and that is due to the different time zone people coming on.

Didnt think 1 hour earlier would kill anyone and if you remember reset in the past started at 8 pm eastern so therefore im talking about changing it to 9 pm eastern so it gives us all a chance to play and enjoy.

I do not even live on the west coast to be stuck in rush hour, just had to listen to numerous friends in Cali complain forever about always missing reset due to being in traffic or still at work, this is the first time they have been able to play reset at all.

I personally enjoy playing when outnumbered and find it absurd everyone tries to pile in at once for dumbed down, sloppy, blobby mess with half their guild in queue unable to form proper party/ class and build comp to be effective. Would make more sense for guilds to organize on their servers to step it so they are logging in when another guild is logging out to be more effective instead but that would take actual organization and cooperation.

If you want to play with your guildies, reset is the single WORST possible time to schedule a guild raid due to not even being able to get part of your guild on the map due to reset queues. Queues are great for people who do not care about guild/ classes/ party comp and want to mindlessly run around blobbing it up, better off drunken raiding than actually thinking about what a sloppy mess it is.

Players are still welcome to play all the way up until reset btw, which would be nice to see last minute upsets and the game played full out all week rather than not even trying to play and sitting there waiting for reset instead. It isn’t like you cannot play prior to it resetting as well and are banned from WvW for an extended period of time. They only shut it down a short bit while it resets.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Please change reset time

in WvW

kathy.8291

I have made post about reset time so many times. Hell I made a post about it last night. Anet reset time is too late for us est people. Can we please have it an hour early??? I really wanna play reset and help my server out on resets but I can’t rn because I’m in NY and work on the weekends so 10pm is too late. People who live in California or other western States you guys don’t have to worry about it because if you get home around 7 or 8 you still have while night to play where we easter people do not

I agree i also live in N.Y. and have to wake up at 5am because I’m a nurse and would love to play on reset. At 10:00 pm eastern i get to go inside the borderlands but by 10:30 pm I have to leave because it is already too late to even enjoy.

Again, 1 hour earlier will not make that much of a difference in anyone’s life whether it be traffic, rush hour or working on Saturdays just so long we can enjoy Reset. Most wvw people enjoy Reset because its fresh and new……

Please change reset time

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

If you want to play with your guildies, reset is the single WORST possible time to schedule a guild raid due to not even being able to get part of your guild on the map due to reset queues. Queues are great for people who do not care about guild/ classes/ party comp and want to mindlessly run around blobbing it up, better off drunken raiding than actually thinking about what a sloppy mess it is.

Players are still welcome to play all the way up until reset btw, which would be nice to see last minute upsets and the game played full out all week rather than not even trying to play and sitting there waiting for reset instead. It isn’t like you cannot play prior to it resetting as well and are banned from WvW for an extended period of time. They only shut it down a short bit while it resets.

I live on the east coast but I work weird hours. Friday and Saturday nights are the only night of the week I can run with my guild but due to the reset time being pushed back to 10pm I usually end up missing it.

And yes we could play prior to reset but the match is almost always well decided by that point and everyone except the k-train pug zerg is taking a break before reset. That makes any fights we find roughly the same as raiding against the kitten eotm players.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Please change reset time

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I live on the east coast but I work weird hours. Friday and Saturday nights are the only night of the week I can run with my guild but due to the reset time being pushed back to 10pm I usually end up missing it.

And yes we could play prior to reset but the match is almost always well decided by that point and everyone except the k-train pug zerg is taking a break before reset. That makes any fights we find roughly the same as raiding against the kitten eotm players.

If they actually stopped doing it backwards trying to make the population adjust to the maps and instead made the maps adjust to the population, you could have Reset at 8pm EST and STILL let Cali play when they come on without queues because new maps would appear every time each serve hit the same number in queue allowing more players to play at once. Queues would no longer be an issue at that point and it wouldn’t matter if they were stuck in traffic. Til that is resolved, however, Queues are not just a problem for reset but every prime time zone, especially so due to the mergers. They really should have resolved the map queue issue prior to merging NA Prime heavy servers on top one another making a bigger mess of it. Not only do you have the west coast in the mess of reset that was not there before, you ALSO have the merged servers as well piling up the mess even higher.

WvW / PVP ONLY

Please change reset time

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Guys here’s a strawpoll I just made for reset time please vote
http://www.strawpoll.me/10150439

Please change reset time

in WvW

DeWolfe.2174

Eastern 47%
Central 32.9%
Mountain 5.4%
Pacific 14.1%

If that data is accurate, it’s pretty obvious what should happen.

If …??…. IF ….?? IF …???? I post as accurate of data as I can find. When the discussion over reset moving and especially “night capping” I posted images and gifs to illustrate the populations. Here’s another available from NASA….

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Please change reset time

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Don’t stop believing.

Please change reset time

in WvW

CrimeMaker.8612

Keep the dream alive for an hour early reset time