Please critique my WvW build for my Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Hiyas! I would like some input on my build. It’s mainly for zergs and small organized groups. I’m really just starting out so all of the gear is Exotic. I didn’t put much thought into the weapon sigils yet. Any input would be helpful and appreciated.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIQQNBiYDbk0p5t4R5hJOggeohZhAqKYHpHoBbkGA-jUyAoLioZyBABBmKAl9KiGbltIas6FMdJRUtHvIa1A-w

edit – made some changes to some things I had missed

(edited by Omega Mayhem.7163)

in WvW

Posted by: gpassucc.5961

gpassucc.5961

Two quick things right off the bat. I know you are thinking Quick Breathing gives you enough condition cleanses, it doesn’t. Pick up cleansing ire as well instead of Last Stand, it is incredibly good. Second, Warrior’s Sprint in the adept slot of the discipline line is basically a must have for any wvw warrior build imo. While yes you can maintain 100% uptime on swiftness with your build the beauty of warrior’s sprint is it cannot be taken off you so you are guaranteed to always have 25% movement speed increase. This is especially important when you are using two melee weapons.

Also, if you are really set on using a shout build you might as well just use three shouts. Dolyak signet is nice but since you are pretty committed to shouts might as well swap it out for Fear Me or On My Mark, both of which help a lot in group and solo play.

I see you went with (nearly) full soldier’s gear. This isn’t a terrible idea if you are just starting WvW but once you get some experience I would gradually swap out more and more pieces for berserker. Your crit and crit damage are both very low so you will not be doing much damage. I run zerker gear, melandru runes, soldier trinkets with ruby orbs in them (all exotic stuff as well) with zerker weapons and I don’t feel squishy at all when I roam or zerg and can still do pretty good damage (12-15k hundred blades).

Another consideration is that, imo, this is a very defense/support oriented build. While this is nice it is also nice to smash people’s faces in from time to time. Get used to using a GS. Hundred blades hurts, a lot. Experiment with the different ways to land this and you can eventually switch to a more offensive build once you have more experience. I really like GS/hammer and getting 100b off during earthshaker, or GS/sw-sh and 100b during Flurry immobilize, or mace-sh/GS 100b during mace burst stun. Best thing about warriors is there are a TON of builds that are not only viable, but straight up kick kitten . So get some experience and you will find a build that works well for you.

edit: hee hee, kick kitten =D

[EG] – SoR – Persies Sunreaver (war),
Persiës Sunreaver (ele), Persiës (ranger),
Gromphe Baenre (necro), Përsies (guard)

in WvW

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Yeah, I went with all Soldier’s gear because I am new to WvW zergs and didn’t want to be rally bait. I figured that until I learned the class better that I would do well to be mostly front line support.

Thanks for the input on the condition cleanse, but what should I replace Quick Breathing with?

in WvW

Posted by: gpassucc.5961

gpassucc.5961

Sorry, should have explained that better. Since I assumed you were going for a more support/defensive build (good to start out with for sure) I would advise both Cleansing Ire and Quick Breathing. If you also get runes of the soldier you will have a lot of support for a small team or to help in a zerg.

edit: I’m pretty sure soldier runes let you cleanse a condition with a shout, but might want to double check

[EG] – SoR – Persies Sunreaver (war),
Persiës Sunreaver (ele), Persiës (ranger),
Gromphe Baenre (necro), Përsies (guard)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This is sort of a modified Red Guard build. It works well with full Soldiers but won’t do as well in small group since you won’t be bringing any spike damage to the fight.

Take Battle Standard over the Signet. The Signet is good but in big fights Battle Standard is a game changer.

Cleansing Ire is almost a must take with this build. I would also go with Inspriring Shouts or Warrior’s Sprint. If you don’t take Warrior’s Sprint, Balanced Stance over Dolyak may be a better option.

Dump Spiked Armor it is a waste in a zerg. Merciless Hammer is WAY better. Defy Pain is also an option.

Sigils of Energy would be good on the S/Wh. Sigil of Impact on the Hammer is also a decent/cheap consideration.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

Battle Standard may prove more useful for long term fights. People often forget surviving also means seeing to it your allies survive as well.

[KRTA]
Maguuma