Please disallow grouping with enemy servers

in WvW

Posted by: Trakarg.2095

Trakarg.2095

See the title. Being able to group with the enemy promotes behavior in WvW that should not be tolerated.

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

If you click the red struck-through circle you will not party up with them. If you refrain from typing /invite or /join and clicking an enemy player, you will not send an invite to them.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I see no problem with it. If you don’t want to join the party don’t. I’ve used it many times to set up fights and duel.

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Diplomacy is an extension of warfare.

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Diplomacy is an extension of warfare.

Word!

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

There should be more means of communicating with invaders on other servers not less.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I feel you should be able to turn the ability to receive invites/join requests from enemy servers’ players off, although by default, leave it on.

It only becomes a problem because they can figure out your character’s name without actually being in your party.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Please never change this ANet. It’s really important for good sportsmanship in duels and things of that nature, such as the jump puzzles.

It only becomes a problem because they can figure out your character’s name without actually being in your party.

No, they can’t. You have to accept the invitation for them to find out your character’s name.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I don’t like that enemy players have the ability to talk to me during a fight. I get so much abuse from it and there is really no reason for it to be possible. As for anyone who says “just report it”, like Anet could ever do anything about it.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I don’t like that enemy players have the ability to talk to me during a fight. I get so much abuse from it and there is really no reason for it to be possible. As for anyone who says “just report it”, like Anet could ever do anything about it.

Or. block. them.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Or. block. them.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

If you’re getting abuse from people, block and report them.

If that’s the only reason, this honestly doesn’t need to be changed – you have to make an affirmative action of allowing them into your party for them to be able to talk to you. Preventing partying up wouldn’t prevent people from whispering friends to coordinate – it would literally only serve to make it harder for people who set up duels, etc.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

No, they can’t. You have to accept the invitation for them to find out your character’s name.

Yes they can, actually. You just don’t know how to do it.

Edit: also I disagree with the topic

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

Please Anet, do not remove this. It is optional after all, and it can be lots of fun. I have been in parties with people from both other servers in our tier and everybody had a blast. It would be very sad to lose it.

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

OP failed to explain his reasoning. Party in WvW allows friendly duels, fight clubs, and chatting to your opponents. Some of the few joys of WvW, apart from killing each other.

Lets remove a random social feature from the game for no reason…

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Please never change this ANet. It’s really important for good sportsmanship in duels and things of that nature, such as the jump puzzles.

EDIT: I removed the URL because apparently they deleted the thread.

I swear I reported this before, but looking back I guess I haven’t.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

(edited by Da Sonic.6521)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Or. block. them.

Could you do it for me? I don’t know find out the name of every player on a server and block them prior to abuse.

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Since they seperated all other chats and even made nameplates anonymous, I think this was just overlooked. Imo they should remove it, if they don’t they might as well enable /say chat and nameplates too.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

See the title. Being able to group with the enemy promotes behavior in WvW that should not be tolerated.

People that behave badly will simply do it anyway, its part of human nature of being kittens sometimes, or a lot of the time as the case may be.

Some of the funniest times in wvw I had was grouped with a friend and we invited a group of 2 people from another server to chat, dueled a couple of times to downed state and then went off and did some blatant double-teaming/reaming on people from the 3rd server for amusement and tears.

It did actually remind me that people on other servers aren’t always just bipedal bags waiting to drop me something shiny when I punch their ticket. Provided a lot of insight into how other servers function as I’ve never left ‘home’ (aka: transferred) where I first rolled up my characters.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Should not be tolerated? Like what? Fair duels? Talking to your mates on other servers while watching a GvG?
There are no reasons against grouping, so why would you remove it?
In fact you should be able to turn invader names on and off since this is a social game after all.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in WvW

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

It does seem pretty ridiculous to call for this to be removed, what’s your reasoning behind this OP?
Most days I end up in a party with enemy players to set up duels, talk about builds or even to say GG!
Its a decent feature and should stay.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If an enemy player had the time to send you an invite, you didn’t kill them fast enough and move on!

I think in all my time in WvW, I’ve had 3 invites. All ended up being pretty entertaining actually. The one with the guys saying “Take me to your leader?” was pretty memorable.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

I get added everyday with people flaming & raging at me, but to me that’s entertaining tbh.

It is important to be able to group up with an enemy, I was fighting a nice duel with some guy when 7 guys from the other opposing server showed up and messed up our fight, the guy understood me without a single word and we both focused on killing those 7 guys, 2 vs 7. We pulled it off, party’d up, continued our duel.

Partying an enemy adds a lot to the WvW athmosphere, sometimes you just meet someone you WANT to talk to, I don’t understand how people can hate this.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

What behavior? Casual inter-server chatting? Dance parties? Mutual vista and poi hunting? Hilarious shenanigans in the JP? I’ve done ALL of these things with multi-server teams…

If you’re afraid of teaming being a downer to your PvP rage mouth-frothing mood, then don’t accept the invites.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I have probably more WvW friends from other servers than from my own, thanks to this feature.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Pretty reasonable to not allow enemies to group.

Or if enemies group, disallow accrual of xp, wxp, lootbags, honour badges and remove ability to speak on team, map or local chats while grouped.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

It’s good for duels so I don’t agree with this

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

100% disagree with the OP. It is actually a nice way to make new friends on other servers. You have the ability to decide if you want to join their group or not. If you don’t reject the invite.

I definitely would NOT want direct messaging though.