Please do something about tactivator trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

Ever since Gunnars Hold got linked with Underworld I’m seeing more and more tactivator trolls and siege drop trolls. Every time a tactivator comes off cooldown there is a guy that pulls it to ruin other peoples fun, making any upgrade that guilds put in effectively useless.

If you’re going to have tactivators in the game atleast add a log and add a ban button so that trolls can no longer annoy guilds that have put in tons of gold.

The current option to disable public tactivation simply doesn’t cut it because there are guilds that put in upgrades to help other guilds on the map defend the objectives when they themselves are unable to do so.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

(edited by Gunner Morton.8340)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrier.8732

Terrier.8732

Love the idea of a log on tactivators.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Ye mb a log on 3rd tab of the keep/tower so people can see which guild put tactivator in and who is using it. Then the guild that has the objective claimed can just ban the person using a tactivator from any of their claimed objectives.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

in WvW

Posted by: Mario.8215

Mario.8215

I think a solution would be an option to set the tactivators to guild only members or public.

Mario X [Mika]
Ferguson Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Ye mb a log on 3rd tab of the keep/tower so people can see which guild put tactivator in and who is using it. Then the guild that has the objective claimed can just ban the person using a tactivator from any of their claimed objectives.

I said exactly this in map chat the other day after someone pulled the tactivator. Should be a log, and an announcement “<Troll Character Name> pulled the Chilling Fog at Garrison” or something. Then, if necessary, the person can be blocked from pulling a tactivator at all.

Though, cheaters will always prosper. Troll Guild will claim a location and make the tactivator private – thus never pull it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

Which is why making tactivators guild-only is not a good solution. Logging and making the names public will permit legit guilds to prevent repeated misuses by the same person, while not giving any extra power to troll guilds (what are they going to do, pre-emptively ban every single person in the server alliance?)

That being said, my inclination is to err on the side of mercy if it happens just once; maybe a clueless newbie has stumbled across these weird levers and wanted to see what they did. In that case everyone would probably benefit more from the newbie receiving a private talking-to by the guild that owns the log, rather than having their name broadcast to everyone for a pile-up of angry teammates….

in WvW

Posted by: localghost.9145

localghost.9145

Yeah I think a log over who has used tactivators at specific objectives and the ability for the claiming guild to ban specific people from using their tactivators again would be a very nice and clean way of dealing with the trolls.

Blippis Trynhatt
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Wouldn’t it be easier to just create a whitelist? Guilds would commune and whoever wasn’t on that whitelist couldn’t activate.

in WvW

Posted by: kooiu.2457

kooiu.2457

+1 for activity log on tactivators, and ability for guilds to ban certain users

in WvW

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

Love the idea of a log on tactivators.

The question is to what end though. If Anet isn’t going to ban for trolling, and to give them the benefit of the doubt it could be difficult to tell the difference between a new player wanting to pull it to ‘see what this does’ and actual sabotage.

They could be setup up so that someone has to be in the guild who applied the buffs to use them, but then that forces someone to sit in an objective, and from my experience, scouts are often very small guilds or even just individuals – so making it guild bound takes something useful away from those players.

At the end of the day, the issue was and is with the implementation of guild buffs as a whole. There really isn’t a perfect solution and now that players ground their faces along a cheesegrater that is pve and flushed loads and loads and loads of mats to upgrade guild halls to gain an advantage in a pvp gamemode there’s no going back.

in WvW

Posted by: Imrhien.2397

Imrhien.2397

Not necessarily. In my experience, servers often find the abusive players relatively easily. We’ve had a few who would spam siege everywhere to make it impossible to build useful siege. The whole server knew who they were, we just couldn’t do much about it. A public log on the tactivators would quickly show the difference between someone who pulled it once by mistake or out of curiosity and someone who likes to waste all the effort put into the tactivators by another guild. The first person would do it once, could then be talked to by people who are on the map at the time and should not repeat the same mistake. The person who wants to sabotage will do it more than once and will therefor be quickly recognised. Guilds can then share the account name of that person to make sure (s)he is banned from using any tactivator on the server.

That being said, my inclination is to err on the side of mercy if it happens just once; maybe a clueless newbie has stumbled across these weird levers and wanted to see what they did. In that case everyone would probably benefit more from the newbie receiving a private talking-to by the guild that owns the log, rather than having their name broadcast to everyone for a pile-up of angry teammates….

I agree. A public log on the objective (a log the entire server can read, not just the guild that claimed the objective) should be sufficient. There is no need for public naming and shaming.

in WvW

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

The trolls are getting out of hand, I don’t understand how someone could want to win a game that bad. On top of this they still allow food/ siege to be thrown on tactivators so that’s another type of trolling. This one could be fixed easier.

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

A quick temporary fix could be adding a confirmation box on tactivators. It may not deter actual trolls but it could prevent random PvErs from pulling them for no reason.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Tris Apollumenon.6435

Tris Apollumenon.6435

Oh, yes, definitely. A confirmation box that explains what the hell the tactivators are and that they have significant cooldowns would help with the newbies, and the log would help with the trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

I think a solution would be an option to set the tactivators to guild only members or public.

That is the current set-up as is. The problem is trying to get a guild member who is near the tactivator when it needs to be used sometimes, like an enemy server has reached the Lord’s Room of SMC.

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

Love the log/ban idea. Guilds should have the right to say who uses their stuff since they pay for it, without having to disallow everyone on the server who isn’t in their guild. I would like to see this made a priority by the development team as it is something that truly affects the “fun” aspect of gameplay.