Please do something about the Glicko system

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

How is it possible that we beat the other two servers (by a lot) in our tier yet we lose rating points???

Well I know how it happens – the Glicko system. But please, please, please do something about that. I know you aren’t going to do the ratings reset but change the math or something.

A server that wins its tier should NEVER lose rating points.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Implement-Winner-Moves-Up-Loser-Moves-Down/page/3#post1455783

Some people, including me argue for winner up loser down.

Some people, including me argue for changes to the math.

Arenanet seems content though, and this is what matters most. Perhaps in March we will see something done.

I think their glicko system could work with some minor adjustments along with a ratings reset that does not simply set the ratings all to 1500.

The main problem with its current state is its a system that wants to lock servers into tiers. In the design phase the system designers made the erroneous assumption that the WvW system would be capable of reasonably balanced matchups. We are now suffering the consequences of that error.

-Desirz Matheon

(edited by fivekiller.1432)

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Balance is boring if it means fighting the same fight every week from the same position in EB. That should at least rotate opponents with similar opponents in other tiers.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Implement-Winner-Moves-Up-Loser-Moves-Down/page/3#post1455783

Some people, including me argue for winner up loser down.

Some people, including me argue for changes to the math.

Arenanet seems content though, and this is what matters most. Perhaps in March we will see something done.

I think their glicko system could work with some minor adjustments along with a ratings reset that does not simply set the ratings all to 1500.

The main problem with its current state is its a system that wants to lock servers into tiers. In the design phase the system designers made the erroneous assumption that the WvW system would be capable of reasonably balanced matchups. We are now suffering the consequences of that error.

I don’t think winner up / loser down is a good idea. It has far too much potential to screw up actual good match ups. That being said, a rating reset and a change to the rating system would be much appreciated. Give ratings a floor of 1000, and then reset t8 servers to 1100, t7 server to 1200 etc.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe