Please fix "Mists Merc Camp Vanquisher"

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Somehow I am not getting the achievement counter for “Mists Merc Camp Vanquisher” properly. It seems that if the camp is already in a color state then capping it won’t get you the points. The only way to get it is if the camp is in neutral state.

Also this this achievement can only be done in EB which makes it harder to get since EB has the worst queues.

I preferred having to cap more towers instead of only ~70 and not deal with 100 Mists Merc Camp Vanquisher caps.

Mists Merc Camp Vanquisher – Capture 50 mercenary camps – 16 pts

Five tiers

Tier 1: 1 mercenary camp taken – 1 pt
Tier 2: 15 mercenary camps taken – 5 pts
Tier 3: 30 mercenary camps taken – 5 pts
Tier 4: 50 mercenary camps taken – 5 pts

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Agreed. This is a really bad achievement. At the very least, make it so that it counts for either capturing the camp or for “reducing morale” when another server has it capped.

in WvW

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

One of the few doable achievements for underworld wvw players atm…
run between dredge and ogre camps. When there is no quest at all to either kill ogres/dredges or quest to capture it for a server, that means that capture quest will pop in max 10 minutes.
Also, it doesn’t matter if you succeed on capturing it, as long as someone does (for example enemy server, it counts) So..just run between 2 camps, kill 1 harpy/destroyer, then switch camps…took me 6 hours i think total.

Fun fun fun. Not.

in WvW

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

It counts if you start capping but another server ultimately takes.

It is a silly achievement, but important for outnumbered maps where the mercs serve as advance warning of incoming zerg.

And for above poster, there are 7 weeks to finish it… I doubt Anet expected or wanted a player to only run back and forth grinding it… especially since you’re essentially useless to your server doing it in the manner described.

(edited by Car.3805)

in WvW

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

For my server, it’s better than getting zerged every 5 mins trying to capture tower/camp with 5-10 players.