Please merge the servers

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Only way to bring dead game back to life.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

This has already been discussed on this thread.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Happyangrycatfish.1725

Happyangrycatfish.1725

I agree. I’d like to transfer but I don’t want to leave me guild. But Eredon Terrace WvW most days is never active.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

ET be ET… altho i personally find it fun when raiding with [TAL] and getting into even number fights with other servers. I have an alt that i moved to high tier server, and the huge zergs kinda made me go meh.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

It’s been pointed out so many times.

Anet caused all this due to separating out NA and EU. People and guild were forced to believe they had to choose which one to go on. If they were american then NA, european then EU.

But then WvW is supposed to be a 24/7 battle, so what was the point in that. If you only have american in NA and european on EU, then at nights you will always have just a handful of players, with nothing going on.

As I posted back after free transfer were ended, anet need to monitor the activity of WvW on all servers. This way they can easily find out which server are inactive at given times, and which ones have long queues.
From this they can then offer free transfers from the busy server to the less active server to help balance everything out and make WvW a real 24/7 battlezone!

But as always this required anet to actually care about WvW, to spend time on it and actually help improve it!

What is the point of coloured tags now? Noone runs tags any more unless they want to run the server zerg, and you only need the one tag, the guild raid and small groups just run around tagless with a target on their leader!

Simply put it’s too little too late, and I would love to know how the numbers have fallen from anet’s WvW activity graphs!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Anet caused all this due to separating out NA and EU. People and guild were forced to believe they had to choose which one to go on. If they were american then NA, european then EU.

But then WvW is supposed to be a 24/7 battle, so what was the point in that. If you only have american in NA and european on EU, then at nights you will always have just a handful of players, with nothing going on.

As I posted back after free transfer were ended, anet need to monitor the activity of WvW on all servers. This way they can easily find out which server are inactive at given times, and which ones have long queues.
From this they can then offer free transfers from the busy server to the less active server to help balance everything out and make WvW a real 24/7 battlezone!

But as always this required anet to actually care about WvW, to spend time on it and actually help improve it!

What is the point of coloured tags now? Noone runs tags any more unless they want to run the server zerg, and you only need the one tag, the guild raid and small groups just run around tagless with a target on their leader!

Simply put it’s too little too late, and I would love to know how the numbers have fallen from anet’s WvW activity graphs!

Exactly. I agree with this post 100%. There was no reason to separate out the servers according to nationality/position on the globe. If they really want WvW to be a 24/7 battlefield, it takes players of all time zones. Although, a guild tag would totally serve a purpose. You can target the guild group leader all day long, but that won’t make them appear on your minimap.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

1. It’ll kill communities, which will drive away all the people who are still around only because of “server pride.” IMO that’s actually a lot of people — particularly those in the lower tiers. (See how lack of server pride has left EoTM as a complete failure).
  2. At best, all it’ll do is slow down the inevitable demise of WvW. Total and complete lack of support for WvW is the true problem.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, the game is not what it used to be like when it was first launched. back then PvE are separated according to servers, whereas nowadays everything PVE are already on megaserver. the only purpose for the servers now a separating teams for wvw.

all the 24 servers should be merged into 9 servers. that way you can have pack servers for WvWvW, and ANET would have easy time organizing tournament because with 9 servers you can have 12 distinct match ups where no server will meet the same other server more than once. 3 match ups a week, the tournament would last 4 weeks.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

1. It’ll kill communities, which will drive away all the people who are still around only because of “server pride.” IMO that’s actually a lot of people — particularly those in the lower tiers. (See how lack of server pride has left EoTM as a complete failure).
  2. At best, all it’ll do is slow down the inevitable demise of WvW. Total and complete lack of support for WvW is the true problem.

eotm is instanced style, it’s not the same as merging servers. you will still have your pride

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

eotm is instanced style, it’s not the same as merging servers. you will still have your pride

Yes. But I suspect a lot of people will simply not stick around if their server is euthanized and just quit the game more or less immediately.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Only way to bring dead game back to life.

No!

Game seems alive every time I play it, tbh.. Or are you missing your blobs that prolly moved on to T1 for the upcoming blob tournament?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I’m kinda on the fence about it tbh. I get the whole “server pride” thing. I enjoy playing with my extended family. I know who the people are in TeamSpeak. I know who they are in /m chat. Lots of us have been playing together for a very long time and it feels pretty good to see the same familiar faces every day.

On the other hand, I kinda view server mergers like getting married. There’s a whole other culture you have to become familiar with in order to make the best of your relationship. And heck, what about all of your spouses extended family? You have to learn to get along with them for better or for worse.

If Anet did a server merge, I wouldn’t kick and scream about it for too long. With that being said, I do have two specific servers in mind that I would rather not be married to.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

See the way this works is if you don’t like your server due to whatever reason, you pay the gems to get out of it.

What this is asking for is for Anet to give that to you for free. Think about it that way and maybe you see why this isn’t happening.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

See the way this works is if you don’t like your server due to whatever reason, you pay the gems to get out of it.

What this is asking for is for Anet to give that to you for free. Think about it that way and maybe you see why this isn’t happening.

There is aways a free way out. And today server population suggest that many already took it.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

I’m kinda on the fence about it tbh. I get the whole “server pride” thing. I enjoy playing with my extended family. I know who the people are in TeamSpeak. I know who they are in /m chat. Lots of us have been playing together for a very long time and it feels pretty good to see the same familiar faces every day.

On the other hand, I kinda view server mergers like getting married. There’s a whole other culture you have to become familiar with in order to make the best of your relationship. And heck, what about all of your spouses extended family? You have to learn to get along with them for better or for worse.

If Anet did a server merge, I wouldn’t kick and scream about it for too long. With that being said, I do have two specific servers in mind that I would rather not be married to.

I don’t come from a culture that does arranged marriages, and I suspect that most of the people clamoring for the forced marriage of servers (which they aren’t even on) don’t either.

So what is it? Do the higher tier servers, alarmed that they’re losing enough people that they don’t get map queues at prime time or don’t have cpu-choking groups smashing into each other want to stripmine the lower tiers for bodies? Or is it that they just can’t conceive that it’s anything but a wasteland down in bronze?

Both probably, depending on who you talk to, but I know I was guilty of the latter before our server plummeted down the ranks. I didn’t obsess on it – in fact I never really thought about it – but if I’m honest I just assumed that the lower tiers were more empty and its denizens were unskilled.

How pleased I was to be proven wrong! As we fell, we got to sample most of the servers on the way down and got a variety of smackdowns in a variety of ways. We still get schooled in certain fights, although recently our WvW population has increased (top tip to merge enthusiasts – they aren’t transfers) enough recently that we have enough steady pressure that we’re moving out of the tiers we’re probably suited for and moving up a bit. Time will tell if we form into something sustainable or if it all blows apart.

For the millionth time, to people that want server merges: people who want to play in a different way have access to transfer, and most of them already have. Those of us who haven’t don’t want to go anywhere else at the moment. If you personally want other servers to merge, then it’s clear you want to play in a particular way that isn’t currently being supported anywhere else in the game as is and, guess what, you’re doomed to disappointment. Don’t inflict your personal preferences on to loads of other people. Thanks.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Of course you do not enforce marriages of existing servers, but do a complete reset.

delete all 24/27 current server,
setup 12 new WvW-teams with 1500 Glicko each,
let the people (that play WvW and only these, a person that doesn’t play a week looses server assignment) assign themselves to the new teams.
To make (and keep) it balanced a server that has 110% population (WvW population in this case, as pure PvE player hardly spend gems to assign) population compared to the mean of all servers is marked full.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Sorrow’s Furnace and… Hmmmmm… Sanctum of Rall?

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Tribio.8531

let the people (that play WvW and only these, a person that doesn’t play a week looses server assignment) assign themselves to the new teams.

sigh I’m from low tier server and play almost all the time WvW..
Oh, here my response:

Attachments:

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Fissure of Woe

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Dayra.7405

No is uninteresting independent of it’s graphical presentation, why not would be interesting.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Tribio.8531

No is uninteresting independent of it’s graphical presentation, why not would be interesting.

Well, already stated in tons of other “merge server” threads: I chose my server when I started playing the game because it sounded cool (and it was a very hard area in GW1). I feel very connected with my server and with the people on it..

So forcing me, as an avid WvW player, to ‘marry’ another server, will decrease my connection with ‘my’ home server, and thus will lead to less WvW play time..

Oh, for your reference: Fissure of Woe (EU)

Fissure of Woe

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Of course you do not enforce marriages of existing servers, but do a complete reset.

To make (and keep) it balanced a server that has 110% population (WvW population in this case, as pure PvE player hardly spend gems to assign) population compared to the mean of all servers is marked full.

No. And here’s why: you’re still proposing exactly the same thing – you want to compress the WvW population so that there are blobbier (from the lower half’s point of view) fights. That supports people from the upper half of the tiers, and spits on the preference of the lower half of the tiers.

It’s the exact same thing every other pro-merger has said, except you think it’s more fair if the upper tiers get changed too. Same playstyle, different label for them. Destruction of a mode of play for everybody else.

Pass.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Compress yes.

WvW as it currently is, is 24/7 on 4 maps.

But today 80-90% of the time, capacity of the 4 maps is used to less than 10% on 95% of the servers.

It’s to empty to be fun anymore outside 3-4 hours primetime, which additionally are the least important time for match outcome.

I want that changed to get fights and competition again and not only PvD by a handful map-jumpers all night and day long deciding the matches.

But compression is not the only way out. Drop the availability of 4 maps during all 24 hours and or shorter matches e.g. 4h are other possibilities, e.g. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Proposal-combine-the-best-of-WvW-and-EotM/4181942

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Dayra, regarless of what you want to make your proposal sound, you want to force the people that play on these “ded servers” to play in servers that have more people. And as it already been said in every single thread about server mergers these people DON’T WANT to be on other servers. If they wanted, they already would be. After all, we can transfer anytime we want or simply quit the game since it’s not longer fun.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Dayra.7405

maybe they did not transferred because it costs, but likely your right with the second part: Over 50% of the wvw population from 2 years ago is already gone.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Tribio.8531

maybe they did not transferred because it costs, but likely your right with the second part: Over 50% of the wvw population from 2 years ago is already gone.

Darling, please.. NO!!!!!

I’m from low tier server, I have gems, and yet, I’m still on FoW..
Please, don’t assume you are the hive mind of every GW2 player..

Fissure of Woe

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Just merge the server #1 to server #24, #2 to #23, etc. Change the names to avoid complaints. You could even merge the names, like “Jade Terrace” and “Blackgate Crossing”.

[HUE]

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Dayra.7405

^^ Just got convinced by someone in another thread that this is the case.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Proposal-Anti-Stacking-Debuf/4325168
Before I did not assumed that. And having the gems and being willing to waste them for something “uninteresting like WvW” are two completely different pairs of shoes.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

Sever loyalty is a joke. Every PvE area is already megaserver, EotM is EotM, and WvW is full of people coming and going everyday.

You would still be with everyone from your home server, along with new faces that I’m sure everyone would like to see. More people = More fights, More defense, More roamers, More Fun. What is WvW without people? A PvE zone. If you want to ktrain go to EotM, and if you want to flip camps over and over and over and over and over you will still be able to do it!
Right now there are no blobs outside of t1. The largest groups are around 30 man SoS zergs which only are spotted at prime time. Seasons will act as a temporary fix, bringing in PvErs for the four week span. After that though they will cause even more decline in populations, as we have seen happen after seasons one and two.

There is ZERO reason to play on a dead server. If you are in it for the ppt night capping ruins all your fun, if you are in it for the roaming server merges will provide more duels and small skirmishes.

People keep acting like higher tier play is simply blobvblob, which simply is the case anymore.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

yanniell.1236

Sever loyalty is a joke. Every PvE area is already megaserver, EotM is EotM, and WvW is full of people coming and going everyday.

You would still be with everyone from your home server, along with new faces that I’m sure everyone would like to see. More people = More fights, More defense, More roamers, More Fun. What is WvW without people? A PvE zone. If you want to ktrain go to EotM, and if you want to flip camps over and over and over and over and over you will still be able to do it!
Right now there are no blobs outside of t1. The largest groups are around 30 man SoS zergs which only are spotted at prime time. Seasons will act as a temporary fix, bringing in PvErs for the four week span. After that though they will cause even more decline in populations, as we have seen happen after seasons one and two.

There is ZERO reason to play on a dead server. If you are in it for the ppt night capping ruins all your fun, if you are in it for the roaming server merges will provide more duels and small skirmishes.

People keep acting like higher tier play is simply blobvblob, which simply is the case anymore.

Embrace yourself, blobfest and infinite queues fallacies is coming.

[HUE]

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

More individual player rewards and less server based rewards would of helped to stop bandwagoning, think it might be too late to reset the balance now though.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

We each speak only for ourselves. Each post is a personal opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

IMHO, The ability to transfer to non full servers exists , the rest is in the hands of the players.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Right now there are no blobs outside of t1. The largest groups are around 30 man SoS zergs which only are spotted at prime time.

That sounds off, unless you mean multiple zergs of 30 man, like 5 or so. Otherwise I will tell you that a t7 server, Ehmry Bay, can field way more than just 30 during NA prime time.

About the topics, right now there is next to no queues anymore, if you merge servers, will be back to the 1h or more queues. There are lots of NA prime time players scattered across the 24 servers, if you put them all into 9 servers, yeah hello queue. Merge servers won’t ensure there will be way more people playing during EU, OCx or SEA time to avoid PvD. The only thing can be know for sure is that NA prime time will be overpopulated.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

^^ Just got convinced by someone in another thread that this is the case.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Proposal-Anti-Stacking-Debuf/4325168
Before I did not assumed that. And having the gems and being willing to waste them for something “uninteresting like WvW” are two completely different pairs of shoes.

Yes, I’ve replied to Filovirus in the past. He/she foams at the mouth about how terrible and useless it is to be on a low tier server… they should move if that’s the case. I know that the people who don’t like it have already moved on.

It’s easy to farm enough gold to get the gems, especially if you’re not spending that time in terrible WvW. Squeeze the six NA gold tier servers into three if they want more people, and leave us alone in the other tiers.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

How many times will this thread keep popping up? How many times will the vast majority of non-ET players from low tier servers shout no? Stop trying to force a change on us that we don’t want. I love my server as it is (8 weeks of either DR or NSP, both servers which belong in silver, constant slaughter), and do not want to be forced to move so some minority don’t have to pay a bit of in game cash.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

How many times will the vast majority of non-ET players from low tier servers shout no?

Even some ET players said no already…

I just keep reposting the old thread where we discussed that for like 10 pages.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Dayra.7405

How many times will this thread keep popping up?

I guess it will pop-up as one possibility for more balance, till the imbalance issue is resolved in one or the other way.

But during the last year ANet only actively increased imbalance by removing queue for overstacked servers (EotM) and reward further stacking with seasons-rewards for winners. So we will likely see it again and again for a while.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Terrible idea. No redeeming qualities.

SBI

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Shademehr.1397

Sorrow’s Furnace and… Hmmmmm… Sanctum of Rall?

Neither of those two..

How many times will the vast majority of non-ET players from low tier servers shout no?

I’m not sure that I’ve even seen any ET players actually condoning it. The most amicable post that I’ve seen has been from me and my closing comment was basically that I wouldn’t spend too much time kicking and screaming about it. But that’s not to say I still wouldn’t do SOME kicking and screaming.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I’m not sure that I’ve even seen any ET players actually condoning it. The most amicable post that I’ve seen has been from me and my closing comment was basically that I wouldn’t spend too much time kicking and screaming about it. But that’s not to say I still wouldn’t do SOME kicking and screaming.

I’m an ET player who is not a fan of a forced server merge. If I wanted to transfer (and I have been asked), I would.

To be honest, things were worse when I started WvW than they are now. The first week I really played, we were lucky if we could take one tower in the Eternal Battleground and hold it for 15 minutes and often had a zerg spawn camping us. I remember being amazed the first time I actually got in to Stonemist Castle. Now it’s not uncommon for us to hold our corner and even take SMC.

Do I wish ET had more players and didn’t lose some of those we lost? Sure. But I’m not interested in being dropped off at someone else’s house like an unwanted orphan. If ET has organization problems (and I’m not convinced it really does — I think that’s largely a side effect of the numbers problem since many of the organization problems seem to magically vanish once we get quite a few people on) it’s that different players have different priorities and they can clash. There is a “rugged individualism” streak on the server which can sometimes make coordination an exercise in herding cats because that’s the type of person who will stick it out through horrible odds.

But on the flip side, I’ve seen the server come together wonderfully (I’ve seen more than a few zergs stopped in the lord’s room), there are times when we lead in points and take a defended Stonemist Castle or enemy keep, and few people are going to hassle you for playing the wrong class or way because, for the most part (so long as you avoid server-screwing moves like starting Fortify on a keep with no supplies or supply feed) we’re happy to have people playing. And I’ve seen very little drama personally and like the people I play with on ET. Not interested having that wrecked through a forced merge.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

How some ppl still prefer server pride (ie. no one in the map) over an active gaming environment (map is flourishing with activity) is beyond me.

Server pride means nothing if you have no enemies to fight.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Berk.8561

It’s still not that hard to find enemies to fight if that’s what I’m looking for. Start taking enemy supply camps or towers and theyll show up. I can solo camps. I also enjoy the non-fighting aspects of WvW such as running supplies and upgrades and setting up siege weapons. As hard as it may be for people to believe, it’s far better off now then when I first played WvW, when ET could barely take, nevermind hold, a single tower or supply camp in the Eternal Battlegrounds. Right now I’m looking at over 20 people in our TeamSpeak Float Team channel and we’ve got 6 keeps.

Added: Saw two saves with the enemy in the lord’s room tonight and we were fighting both FC and SoR on our home BL. Lot’s of enemies to fight, at least during prime time, and plenty of organization, too. Yes, I know there are dead times but that doesn’t mean the server or tier is always dead.

(edited by Berk.8561)

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

They will never merge the servers.

At best they will utilise megaserver tech for the BLS and EB when the time comes.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They will never merge the servers.

At best they will utilise megaserver tech for the BLS and EB when the time comes.

That is even more awful, at least a server merge both communities would survive and evolve.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

1. Communities are already being killed. Look at Maguma or the other servers that were destroyed. I agree that communities are important, but that shouldn’t be what stops ANet from making big changes to try and save WvW. They need to make big changes like merging everyone together, however they need to provide a new way for people to represent their communities.

2. I fully agree. One of those reasons for lack of support/development though is communities iirc(it was said in one of the ignored CDI threads). It will take BIG changes to revive WvW, but I don’t think it is impossible. At the current rate though, you are correct it will surely die.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

yanniell.1236

Noone would be a “guest” in someone else’s server. It would be a complete new server, with a new name and everything. I think it would be cool if the names were merged also.

Merging the servers would balance the population and still keep the pride to fight for. The merge should be the first ranked server with the last and so on.

Even the new names would be cool =P

Jade Terrace, Blackgate Crossing, Sorrow’s Coast… ^^

[HUE]

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: sscripko.5387

sscripko.5387

If they merge two servers together, the smaller server will be the guest until they dissolve into the larger server’s organization and guilds.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

It won’t matter if they merge servers. It’ll still be unbalanced post merge.

Its always been unbalanced. And always will. There is no way to have a balanced 24/7 match.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Berk.8561

If they merge two servers together, the smaller server will be the guest until they dissolve into the larger server’s organization and guilds.

Correct. Which is why if they were to merge, the last thing I’d want to see is ET get combined with a T1 server. There is also the point that I’m not really interested in T1 play. The taste I’m getting from the megaservers was bad enough that I stopped playing for a month. If I wanted T1 play, I could transfer myself.

Want to bring people [back] into WvW? New maps. Want to encourage people to transfer down? Implement the new maps on low-tier servers first.

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Shademehr.1397

How some ppl still prefer server pride (ie. no one in the map) over an active gaming environment (map is flourishing with activity) is beyond me.

For me it’s more about camaraderie and friendships than server pride. On many of the larger servers, it’s hard to know everyone even in your own guild much less on the entire server. On ET, we have no guild-superiority complexes going on. Very little (none?) elitism happening. Almost all of us actively work with each other and know each other. Heck, a lot of the times it’s like walking into the bar on that old Cheers sitcom. Everyone knows your name and everyone says HI! and welcomes you when you come into TeamSpeak.

Maybe it helps that my playtime is the most populated playtime too so there is always someone to fight.

@Kerzic, good post. ::thumbsup::

Please merge the servers

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Exactly. I agree with this post 100%. There was no reason to separate out the servers according to nationality/position on the globe. If they really want WvW to be a 24/7 battlefield, it takes players of all time zones. Although, a guild tag would totally serve a purpose. You can target the guild group leader all day long, but that won’t make them appear on your minimap.

Purrrrfect coverage is a problem with 24/7 setup.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]