Nothing

Yes sir, absolutely, sir.

Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]
Grand Progressive Arch Battle Pope of Anvil Rock Defenders Alliance [TARD]

Please nerf swirling winds

in WvW

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

The only way to “nerf” swirling winds fairly is to give the professions with reflective skills the ability to reflect siege shots.

Imagine the beauty of a guardian wall reflecting treb shots from Bay back to Garrison… then the counter-reflection by the guardians on Garrison… then the counter-counter reflections with the added new shots at Bay… Oh mama.

extreme pong!

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I say this as an ele, who has to sit baby sitting walls and trebs far too often. Please please please Anet nerf swirling winds. It is boring as kitten to sit and hit 4 every 30 seconds for 30+ minutes. I think all my elementalist friends out there would agree we would rather be fighting.

Get all of those thieves ganking upleveled players to do it with Smoke Screen. Everyone complains about thief having no role in group play — there it is folks, help the team.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

If the commanders are telling you to block siege for half an hour or more at one location tell them to go deal with the problem at its source not just bandaid it at your expense.

There are times when its valid to sit there on swirling winds duty. If you are trying to countertreb their siege chances are you need to do this for a couple minutes while your team dials in their treb to take out the enemies. Likewise blocking the bombardment of a wall for a few minutes to hold out till reinforcements arive is a good thing and a very valueable use of your time.

On the flip side spending an hour spaming 4 to keep the garison trebs from knocking down bay’s wall is utterly pointless. your team would be better served simply leting that wall section fall and setup an ambush of siege just inside to wipe out the enemy zerg if they try to push. I’ve seen that wall down for hours without the enemy even comeing close to breaching the inner walls dispite many attempts. tell your commanders to either send out a squad to kill the trebs from below or just deal with the fact that you’ve got to defend bay from the inside not from the outer wall.

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Let me offer a counter suggestion to those of us who feel abused by our commanders due to the ability of certain skills (*cough: swirling winds, *cough: portal )… Have a non-racial/non-class specific utility tree available to all players which would include skills such as portal and swirling winds.

I’ll leave the creative thinking up to you as… hang on Air #4 off colldown treb shot incoming… I’m sure some pretty crazy ideas would show up.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

I do it sometimes. I don’t do it other times. I’ll usually do it for short periods while others run supply to be able to fix the wall or something like that.

I won’t stand there like a donkey doing it for 30 minutes. I have a job that pays bills and swirling winds to protect Garrison’s west wall is not it.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Tell the commander to roll an ele and do it himself. Lead by example, right?

This. ^^ Gets a bronze medal suggestion.

Let me offer a counter suggestion …… Have a non-racial/non-class specific utility tree available to all players which would include skills such as portal and swirling winds.

This. ^^ Gets a silver medal suggestion.

extreme pong!

This takes home the gold medal … by a landslide

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Swirling winds works as intended per Arena Net.

Don’t want to babysit incoming treb/cata fire, then I suggest don’t do it.
If someone gets on you about it, tell them to make an Elementalist or get off your case.

Issue solved.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

this is no diffrent than hiding for 30+mins as a mesmer yes boring but it must be done
:)

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Why doesn’t anyone seem to address the fact that many other classes have skills that defend against projectiles but only Ele’s skill works against siege? Doesn’t that seem a bit odd?

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Why doesn’t anyone seem to address the fact that many other classes have skills that defend against projectiles but only Ele’s skill works against siege? Doesn’t that seem a bit odd?

It’s not the only skill, but it’s the only skill that covers that large of an area.

Thieves Smokescreen can on a 30 second recast.
Guardian’s Sanctuary can on a 120 second recast.

Both of those have to be dropped exactly where the shot hits which can be tricky considering both of those skills are about as small as the treb shot itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Right, but what about Mesmer Feedback, which has an almost identical description to Swirling Winds, but “reflects” projectiles instead of “destroys” them? Feedback worked at beta and dev’s took it away if I remember correctly.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

When you must do a job you utterly hate, do it so badly that no one will ever ask you to do it again!

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

When you must do a job you utterly hate, do it so badly that no one will ever ask you to do it again!

Yea lol
Otherwise, just say any of these common excuses given by eles, who don’t want to do swirling wind:
“Sorry, I don’t have focus.”
“Oh, I sold my focus yesterday.”
“Dang, I think I accidentally NPC-ed my focus.”

lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Nice to see this amount of server dedication.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: loopi.7913

loopi.7913

Let me offer a counter suggestion to those of us who feel abused by our commanders due to the ability of certain skills (*cough: swirling winds, *cough: portal )… Have a non-racial/non-class specific utility tree available to all players which would include skills such as portal and swirling winds.

I’ll leave the creative thinking up to you as… hang on Air #4 off colldown treb shot incoming… I’m sure some pretty crazy ideas would show up.

^
This is actually a very creative idea! wvw trait skill tree with the ability to spec into something useful to your team? I’m not sure how it would work but I like the thought of it. Also swirling winds can be countered by hitting just in front of the wall instead of right at it. The elementalist would need to jump down to provide protection to the wall and open themselves up to attack. Thieves and guardian have an skill that can block Treb shots too. So you would need to lump them into this also. I think im going to call nerf on nerfs. Give us more skills not take them away please. Perhaps ideas like the above could give more skills for countering them instead?

Vexinia – Squishee animal wrangler of TC

(edited by loopi.7913)

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I should be able to block treb shots on my warrior if I use shield stance and jump in the way. That would actually be fun.

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

Elementalists are the new mesmers..

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: xKedge.5493

xKedge.5493

my ele can’t afford focus!

1. team player

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I think no projectible blocking skill should block trebs and catas… I want to see people scream when they see the fiery rock raining down and there is nothing they can do about but go there and take out the enemy siege…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

^
This is actually a very creative idea! wvw trait skill tree with the ability to spec into something useful to your team? I’m not sure how it would work but I like the thought of it. Also swirling winds can be countered by hitting just in front of the wall instead of right at it. The elementalist would need to jump down to provide protection to the wall and open themselves up to attack. Thieves and guardian have an skill that can block Treb shots too. So you would need to lump them into this also. I think im going to call nerf on nerfs. Give us more skills not take them away please. Perhaps ideas like the above could give more skills for countering them instead?

A trick we use is having a spotter call the ele position and hit low on the wall he drops down we go high. He can’t stop all the shots and the wall dies

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Posted by: Gannicus.4132

Gannicus.4132

The easiest way to fix this is for trebs to one hit walls. That way elementalists won’t have to stand for that long infront of walls and people wont have to use treb for ages. BOOM. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Sir Chopsalot/ Feanor Nerwen| Confirm Guarantee Plus Chop [SG] | Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

I use two monitors on my PC. This gives me a great advantage, since I can play the game in fullscreen windowed mode while keeping VoIP, documents, maps and so forth on-screen beside that.

ANet, I can’t help but use my second monitor, because failing to do so will hurt my team. However, it is simply not fair that other teams, and even my own team members, can not do the same.

Please nerf multiple display support in GW2, or give all players a second monitor. Thanks.

I chuckled at this.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: Victorctk.4931

Victorctk.4931

I agree, you play a game to ‘play’ a game and have fun.
Yes sometimes you’re needed to help out but more than 15mins shows the failure of your commander to counter the threat. Alas, i say this on behalf of mesmers too (because hiding in a hole to portal suicide attacks can be boring too).

Good strats but i guess commander needs to consider ‘human elements’ too.

Victorctk [GODS]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom Truth.2367

Phantom Truth.2367

I would agree, Swirling winds should be nerfed. If i’m not mistaken, didn’t guardians absorb & reflect projectiles skills get nerfed way back around launch? Why should guardian skills not affect siege projectiles, but the ele skill can? Seems unfair

in WvW

Posted by: SuiRyuJin.4615

SuiRyuJin.4615

“why can your xxx skill do this while my xxx skill cant?” go play a game where everyone is the same class then. there is a reason why there are multiple classes, so each class can have things they can do that either they are best at, or unique to that class. the simple issue is balancing the game while having all these classes with their unique abilities either in synergy or opposed.

and coming from ele player who wvw frequently either man up enough to say, no i had enough swirling wind or sit there and do it. theres plenty of time where i sat and did swirling wind and then there are times where i said, screw it, ill let them treb this.
anet gave u a choice, u can provide an almost unique function in blocking seige atk, or u can join up and help ur team elsewhere, simple as that. just like a mesmer can waste tens of minutes to hours hiding inside a keep just so that he can portal the zerg in. there are plenty of mesmer who never bother trying to hide, just like there are mesmer who always willing to spend the hr hiding. take ur pick.

Suiryujin – Ele [Pyro]
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom Truth.2367

Phantom Truth.2367

This isn’t about me wanting the classes to be the same. It is a direct question, wanting to know why, with one class, they made skills that absorb or reflect projectiles not apply to siege. But yet with another class, they let the projectile reflection/absorption still apply. Again, the goal is not to make all the classes the same. It’s a matter of consistency.

If they nerfed the guardian’s abilities to affect siege because it was unfair, then it would still be unfair no matter what class was doing it.
But, if it was nerfed for guards because they have at least 3 skills that can reflect/absorb (as opposed to the ele’s, what, 1 swirling winds?) then that makes more sense.

I’m just asking for the devs to re-assess swirling winds, and to keep in mind why they nerfed the guardians when they were doing the exact same thing you ele’s are doing.

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

I don’t like babysitting walls either, but it’s the only way for a weak opponent to resist unkillable trebs. It’s unreasonable to require the invader to immediately take a fortified keep/garrison right after taking the tower/keep (perhaps right after a breakout, no less), just to stop the triple treb fire that commenced seconds after the lord was downed.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Not this again!

Hey Anet, why don’t you just remove WvW all together?!

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I used to like this, that a class had a valuable way of contributing to WvW (and I say that as someone who does not main elementalist) but I got sick of swapping characters to my elementalist because the impact that chaining this skill has on siege situations is just too big to ignore and other classes just sit around doing nothing in these situations. Sometimes it’s not viable to take out the siege in open field, sometimes you need to chain cast winds as the only viable option.

Too often siege situations come down to who has the most eles to chain this skill and nothing to do with who is better and placing and operating siege. That’s really disappointing. Skilled siege users can be countered simply because they have less eles supporting them, I don’t think that’s a good direction or situation for WvW to be in.

If you can’t spread abilities like this out to most classes, it’s better that we simply don’t have them. It takes some skill on siege (a WvW specific skill that has justifiable demand, something most people can work towards) to counter enemy siege. It takes no skill at all to press 4 as an elementalist and the tiniest bit of organisation to chain cast this skill in response to enemy siege.

The skill creates some interesting situations where it forced the enemy to move to the location of the elementalist to pressure or kill them instead of sitting back hoping their siege will do all the work (siege situations can be very boring, people sitting around guarding siege) but it can also lead to stale mates or two sides spamming winds, or one side with less skill on siege succeeding simply because they had more eles. WvW already gives enough power to the side with more players, we don’t need to increase the number of factors decided simply because one side has more than the other.