Please remove Treb master - Cow supply drain

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I understand the idea of this was to make it easier for few to defend against larger numbers but it is being used by the larger numbers to bunker down and hide behind t3 walls. People leave a scout at each tower with treb behind gate and spam the cow on gate to remove supply even though they have equal or greater numbers on the map that hide behind walls. This is leading to trebs trebbing t3 towers which get counter trebbed and hours of stupid siegewars even when opponents have equal/greater numbers… Please consider removing the supply drain from cows.

Suggestion:
Consider making the poison do more damage or insert a cd for supply lost. Like 1 supply ever 5 seconds. Right now most supply is lost within secs.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Something makes taking a tower difficult so you want it removed? I think not.

News flash: taking a defended T3 tower is suppose to be difficult.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Something makes taking a tower difficult so you want it removed? I think not.

News flash: taking a defended T3 tower is suppose to be difficult.

In addition to equal #s on walls, 4-5 acs, trebs behind gates is kind of overkill… It is supposed to be hard to take but the treb cow supply removal delays fights way too often..

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

That’s kinda the point I think.

If you prepare a defensive position properly you can hold off and significantly delay large numbers of people. Its called a prepared position.

You can always build a treb and blow their treb up. Putting a little more effort into attacking than pressing 1 on a gate.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Bots shooting the NE/NW camps from the respective towers as soon as the API ticks that camps flip. Why dont you bring up that argument?

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

Bots shooting the NE/NW camps from the respective towers as soon as the API ticks that camps flip. Why dont you bring up that argument?

Do people really have those? Seems questionable to me.
If it’s a bot, why wouldn’t it just keep firing any time RI was down? If it only fires after it’s flipped, there’s plenty of time to grab supply and leave before a cow gets there.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I agree with the “this is not a problem” crowd. The change was a good one meant to make defending easier and attacking more difficult. Simply put towers and keeps should be very hard to take when actively defended.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I know tower defense games that are free on the internet; I didn’t buy GW2 for a similar experience.

When you get to Gold League and start dealing with those kind of numbers, the quality of combat goes to crap and you end up with sieges taking forever because of one guy on a single piece of siege.

PvD’ing the doors down is not fun and a waste of game time. Make the poison more powerful instead. Add bleeding stacks, I don’t care.

Compare with Supply traps that are single use and require strategic placement.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Don’t use the gate. Problem solved. Some angles trebs cannot hit.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I know tower defense games that are free on the internet; I didn’t buy GW2 for a similar experience.

When you get to Gold League and start dealing with those kind of numbers, the quality of combat goes to crap and you end up with sieges taking forever because of one guy on a single piece of siege.

If they are launching a treb at the door build catas, your own treb or golems instead. This isn’t rocket science in fact it is barely a game of rock, paper, scissors. You don’t have to use a ram to go through every door.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

Or build an AC to take the treb down. Generally pretty effective against door trebs.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Or build an AC to take the treb down. Generally pretty effective against door trebs.

Anyone who builds a door treb that can be hit by an AC needs to go back to siege placement school.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Well that depends on the zoom dear.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

That is a botting issue.

I would also like to point out to you, that any player that has enough WXP to obtain supply removal on trebs by default is not a lvl 1 bot, though it may be an uplevel or someone not fully geared etc., it still is a player.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: dagneyandleo.6378

dagneyandleo.6378

I’m not suggesting doing zoom hacks, cause that’s pretty kitten ed kittenty exploiting, IMO. Most trebs I’ve encountered can be ACed down. They could’ve been placed poorly. I don’t really care. I was just mentioning it as an option to consider for countering before going to alternatives.

[KnT] Blackgate
Lythereal Fields, lvl 80 mesmer, Lythiele, lvl 80 ele, and Lythigrr, lvl 80 guard

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I understand the idea of this was to make it easier for few to defend against larger numbers but it is being used by the larger numbers to bunker down and hide behind t3 walls. People leave a scout at each tower with treb behind gate and spam the cow on gate to remove supply even though they have equal or greater numbers on the map that hide behind walls. This is leading to trebs trebbing t3 towers which get counter trebbed and hours of stupid siegewars even when opponents have equal/greater numbers… Please consider removing the supply drain from cows…

I disagree with you extremely. Tower / keep flipping is too easy and too common. Suplly deprivation is a very good and effective tactic when playing defense against offensive forces. In addition to supply removal trebs we also employ supply traps and putting RI on camps ahead of offensive zergs. This is what makes the map managable vs a much larger offensive force.

Also, the game needs more strategic / tactical elements and needs to remove emphasis on just blind stupid zerging. Not the other way around, which it seems you want. Your large unorganized zerg should always lose against those that employ strategies and tactics. Maybe not in open field combat, but absolutely so while defending.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Straegen.2938

That is a botting issue.

I would also like to point out to you, that any player that has enough WXP to obtain supply removal on trebs by default is not a lvl 1 bot, though it may be an uplevel or someone not fully geared etc., it still is a player.

They could have been given vials from their mains but I do agree bots are a separate issue. I personally think the treb bots that constantly spam wall damage to and from SM are a much bigger problem.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

I hear that they have these wonderful devices called catapults that can destroy walls instead of having to go through the door. I might be wrong though.

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I hear that they have these wonderful devices called catapults that can destroy walls instead of having to go through the door. I might be wrong though.

Amazing! Anet should make it so that catapults could go through doors too!

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The only thing I would change is how fast it ticks. Before you can even get out of the cloud, your zerg has lost half its supply. Perhaps adjust the aoe cap or the tick rate. Other than that I think it’s a good skill.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

Golems, they’re popular for lots of reasons. Rams are so last week.

in WvW

Posted by: denimdan.8642

denimdan.8642

The only thing I would change is how fast it ticks. Before you can even get out of the cloud, your zerg has lost half its supply. Perhaps adjust the aoe cap or the tick rate. Other than that I think it’s a good skill.

it takes 1 supply per second when your in the cloud, so if you lose more than 2 supply than your doing something wrong…also, you can see the cow coming if a commander wants to avoid cows and has half a brain he can, also trebs take FOREVER to turn, so just run at an angle and most of you wont get hit. and if you get cowed the first attempt at a tower when you place rams, here’s a thought…don’t go back in 5 min and try to ram again, theirs magical things called catas that can be place to close for trebs to hit

Ranger
Storm Bluff Isle [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

Things you can do against Door-Treb.
1. AC it down
2. Cata the wall
3. Treb the wall
4. Range PvD the door
5. Go cap other tower/camp
many more… stop crying and be creative.

in WvW

Posted by: chestonu.8059

chestonu.8059

Luvpie.8350, I looked at the links in your signature. I see your post here, and in other threads.

Sorry to say, but it very much appears that you want the game to change to fit your play style and what you want, rather than You changing your play style to fit the game. All MMOs go through changes, in cycles. Either you like it or don’t. In the end, they change to fit what most players want. Either that or the game dies off. I guarantee ANet doesnt want the game to die, so they will do what it takes to make the most players happy.

Rather than starting threads or making posts that just complain, why not offer constructive ideas on what would work better? That will give you a much better chance of being listened to by the Devs. Otherwise it’s just a person on a forum venting. Not really anything to be paid attention to.

Broon Khavar
– [CERN] Commander, Tarnished Coast
– “The best weapon anyone can have, is a sharp mind.”

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350, I looked at the links in your signature. I see your post here, and in other threads.

Sorry to say, but it very much appears that you want the game to change to fit your play style and what you want, rather than You changing your play style to fit the game. All MMOs go through changes, in cycles. Either you like it or don’t. In the end, they change to fit what most players want. Either that or the game dies off. I guarantee ANet doesnt want the game to die, so they will do what it takes to make the most players happy.

Rather than starting threads or making posts that just complain, why not offer constructive ideas on what would work better? That will give you a much better chance of being listened to by the Devs. Otherwise it’s just a person on a forum venting. Not really anything to be paid attention to.

thanks for the concerns. Like you said people provide suggestions based on what they like in game and that is what I did. Most people that like the treb or defensive siege like siegewars, i like siegewars but not to the point of trolling. I don’t mind t3 towers being hard but lately this meta has made things difficult especially for lower wvw pops. I give example. SoS which is usually really outnumbered in gold has 1/2 the pop of other server on the map. We push and wipe enemy zerg but then they spread scouts with acs/trebs and literally run from tower to tower and get inside. There are trebs raining on choke with supply removal as well at certain areas. It seems more like trolling then tactics.

PS: @ some other posts TY for the suggestion of the cata on wall. I didn’t realize they were in the game..

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

in WvW

Posted by: Stupidity.9153

Stupidity.9153

Why has nobody mention omega siege golems (they can walk in case you don’t have supplies left after taking the trebs out by rushing in)? Is it because nobody other than gold league do superior siege these days?

(edited by Stupidity.9153)

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

They need to swap the drain supply on hut hit, with cows. And make the cow far, far more expensive in terms of points

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

no don’t change it. also please for the love of bessie stop zergs dpsing the gate

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in WvW

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Shame on them for doing it right? Really? No this should not be changed or removed. When there is a large population gap for a match up this is sometimes the only thing the outmanned team or teams has as a deterrent, and quite frankly they should use the heck out of it. Is it annoying? It can be; but if you and your group are silly enough to continue to stand in it, shame on you. Get a better strategy.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I’d prefer anet ot go even further and make gates immune to non-siege damage

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

I’d prefer anet ot go even further and make gates immune to non-siege damage

I was a shocked little pug noob when new to WvW and saw gates “manmoded” down. I’ve been hoping they would change this ever since.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

in WvW

Posted by: aliengmr.7381

aliengmr.7381

Can’t say I agree in any way to removing or even modifying cow supply drain. On more than one occasion it saved us from a much larger force.

I also disagree that its uses are in any way over-powered, It can be avoided. If it were nerfed it would have zero effect on massive blobs, regardless of the damage it causes.

in WvW

Posted by: shoufer.2917

shoufer.2917

I understand the idea of this was to make it easier for few to defend against larger numbers but it is being used by the larger numbers to bunker down and hide behind t3 walls. People leave a scout at each tower with treb behind gate and spam the cow on gate to remove supply even though they have equal or greater numbers on the map that hide behind walls. This is leading to trebs trebbing t3 towers which get counter trebbed and hours of stupid siegewars even when opponents have equal/greater numbers… Please consider removing the supply drain from cows.

Suggestion:
Consider making the poison do more damage or insert a cd for supply lost. Like 1 supply ever 5 seconds. Right now most supply is lost within secs.