Please remove siege decay

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

I don’t see a point to this. We build and refresh siege during our primetime, then people start to log out and the map is left with only a skeleton crew who needs to choose to either refresh siege, or recap camps. And that’s just the responsible people. 95% of people don’t care to refresh siege. Then we get in a situation where it’s 2 people defending a keep versus golems and they can’t get siege up fast enough to defend.

We’ve had siege decay for a LONG time now. It clearly doesn’t work. There is no incentive for players to play defense, let alone refresh siege. The 5% of that actually do care about holding a map or PPT can’t maintain all this siege ourselves. Pug zergs just k-train, guild groups just look for fights. Why is there an unnecessary handicap on players that actually prefer a defensive playstyle? I’m bloody sick of this. I have 2000+ hours in WvW, I think I have a pretty good idea of what doesn’t need to exist in the game. Please remove siege decay.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And without siege decay trolls can completely shut down the ability to place siege and not a single thing can be done about it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Be glad they upped the timer to 1hour from 15minutes.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I have 2000+ hours in WvW, I think I have a pretty good idea of what doesn’t need to exist in the game. Please remove siege decay.

Apparently you do not have the slightest idea. As was said.

And without siege decay trolls can completely shut down the ability to place siege and not a single thing can be done about it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

It doesn’t even have to be a troll, just a clueless player with no knowledge of proper siege placement could screw things up.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

The map cap is necessary for balance and server performance.

Because of the existence of a cap to the amount of siege present on a map, there must be a way for the siege to be cleared. Before decay, a troll, spy, or overzealous commander could end up locking down a server’s ability to build siege on an entire map for the rest of the matchup. If the siege lock was due to a spy, the opposing server(s) would never destroy any enemy siege it found to maintain the lock.

As annoying as it is to keep refreshing desirable siege, it’s better than the alternative of not being able to build any siege until the next reset.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Siege decay also helps to promote scouting.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yes I agree, it is annoying. As a home BL defender I hate having to refresh siege.

But unfortunately without it people would troll/grief with impunity.

That’s why we can’t have nice things. That’s why we’ll never have a space elevator.

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

The built in siege of keeps is powerful. Falling back to inner cannons, mortars, and oil at the right time helps a lot.

Adding some sort of arrowcart device built into towers or keeps would be nice tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

1) Of course it would be replaced with something, maybe a vote-to-destroy system, or a siege moving system.

2) People can already troll. Throwing balis on top of unbuilt rams. Jumping golems off cliffs. Maxing out local siege limit with trash siege. I see it all. Siege decay doesn’t prevent trolling. If someone wants to troll, they will find a way.

3) Maybe it helps promote scouting in tier 1/2. In lower tiers we don’t have the population to scout, and we don’t queue maps with focused guilds, so we need to incentivise pugs to refresh. Defense does not incentivise the average player.

I do agree that something is needed to prevent bad siege from existing, but a one hour timer is a terrible answer.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org