Please remove skill lag in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Been playing on FSP in EB. The fight we had in the Stonemist Castle made us all unable to cast any skills. I don’t understand why you never do something about it. If the server can’t handle so many players you shouldn’t have the player limit set so high. It’s been years, and this never seems to improve.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Agreed. Not seen skill lag as bad as this since launch! Anet have definitely done something with the servers! A lot of people have been complaining about it, from different servers!

in WvW

Timelord.8190

Yes, it’s more heavy skill lag now cause alot more skills can do more and applies to more people, so it’s more to process for the server after HoT release.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

HoT release?! That was over a year ago! This lag has only just appeared for me.

in WvW

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

I guess all computing power goes into fractals xD

But yes, the lag is mega annoying and makes fights much harder. I find myself very often in a situation where after engaging I cannot cast any skills and then suddenly all of them are cast at the same time making me do stupid things or simply wasting cooldowns.

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

This should be a number 1 priority. kitten the scoring and QoL changes, they’re pointless unless this area improves.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in WvW

Timelord.8190

Skill lag has been there since the release. I have several threads about it years ago here on the forum actually. Maybe you werent on a high populated server.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Skill lag has been there since the release. I have several threads about it years ago here on the forum actually. Maybe you werent on a high populated server.

Haha indeed, this is perfectly normal.

I was in the same fight OP describes (cleric ele, all the heals to carry the train through insane AoE, none of the bags) and the skill lag is actually much better than it was years ago. Long ago, the server skill queue basicly shut down in 3-way SM/garri fights. All skills would keep blinking forever, only 1 would work (sometimes barely even that). Nowadays, the skills handles sluggishly and wont fire but they dont lock up. Sometimes you have to try like 10 times to get it off. Sometimes its 3-5s delays instead of minutes in the past. They have most definetly improved the skill queue delays.

But yes, its still annoying and no, it cant be removed completely.

in WvW

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

Only used to last for a day or so, this lag have lasted for quiet a while now. It is weird af

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

If only it were so simple…

Flick a switch that says “SKILL LAG” from On to Off.

The issue is that current network infrastractures and Anet’s resources simply can’t handle the number of calculations and bloat.

There’s one way you could easily solve skill lag, of course! Simply donate ten or fifteen million dollars to Anet, so they’re able to purchase NASA’s server systems. There is absolutely no point in complaining about something that is as fixed and immutable in the game’s engine and infrastructure as breathing air is to you. You’re simply wasting time.

Next time, remember that nobody’s forcing you to participate in those three-way SM fights. Go to a BL and get some fun 20-30 man fights.

in WvW

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

If only it were so simple…

Flick a switch that says “SKILL LAG” from On to Off.

The issue is that current network infrastractures and Anet’s resources simply can’t handle the number of calculations and bloat.

There’s one way you could easily solve skill lag, of course! Simply donate ten or fifteen million dollars to Anet, so they’re able to purchase NASA’s server systems. There is absolutely no point in complaining about something that is as fixed and immutable in the game’s engine and infrastructure as breathing air is to you. You’re simply wasting time.

Next time, remember that nobody’s forcing you to participate in those three-way SM fights. Go to a BL and get some fun 20-30 man fights.

Bruh, dont give me that “ohh if only it didnt take 100000 million people to remove x w/e because programming is unbearable, then we wouldnt have an issue” bs about devs. I respect devs etc, but this issue have been solved mulitple times, it is only now come up as a real issue that have lasted for like a week or even 2+ weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wonder if not rendering all those enemy minis would help…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

T4 encounters skill lag, and those aren’t high pop servers. Just takes 2 groups of 30+/ea in SMC to encounter it.

I get why skill lag exists — not only does the server have to process it for each player (probably in the form of a queue system), it needs to communicate each of those skills with each client. With that many clients in close proximity, skill lag is likely going to go unresolved.

So while these servers might be Cyrix 6×86MX-PR166 with 1GB RAM running on Windows 95 OSR2, there’s more to it than simply upgrading hardware. The devs should take inspiration from high speed trading, but then again, if a dev has that skillset, you’d probably go work for a financial company involved in high speed trading :-) (or Microsoft).

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Wonder if not rendering all those enemy minis would help…

Rendering wouldn’t mean anything. It’s keeping track of their positions/firing idles/etc. that would take some resources.

It pales in comparions to the effect of the proc-spam/low-cooldown facerolling that happens in fights now, though.