Please reset our WvW points

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

So I made a WvW specific character a while back, I had a bunch of points saved up, and dumped them into Siege buffs and the standard defense against guards/more damage against guards lines, But being the idiot I am I didn’t understand the best use of the points I had. Now I’ve been waiting for months… how long ago was the last reset? hoping I can fix my point allocation. Please Anet I really want to redo these to make my WvW experience slightly better.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Please do not reset our points. I have everything maxed out and I would hate to waste minutes of spending all the points again.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

There should just be a reset all WvW traits button same as there is for pve traits and spvp traits, I personally find it annoying when they reset my WvW traits since I then have to fill them all in again (Max) on 12 characters.

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

@Malediktus and Vavume…
Your counter arguments to a reset are overwhelming,

but maybe if they give us the option to reset, they could also create an ‘auto fill’ option for people who have more points than places to spend them.
You do realize that if you click the last box in the bar, it will complete the bar, you don’t have to click each individual box.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

@Malediktus and Vavume…
Your counter arguments to a reset are overwhelming,

but maybe if they give us the option to reset, they could also create an ‘auto fill’ option for people who have more points than places to spend them.
You do realize that if you click the last box in the bar, it will complete the bar, you don’t have to click each individual box.

Having to do that across every line on 7 or more characters is annoying.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

With free trait resets now in the game for over a year, it makes complete sense that we should be able to do a WvW ability reset on a per-character basis as well. I’m past the point of having anything to spend ability points on anymore, but I would have loved it a few months ago.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Once they made WvW traits account bound versus soul bound there was no good reason not to allow players to reset them on demand. Once you’ve maxed out WvW levels at 1390 you are right you do not need to think about them. Since we do have 10,000 rank levels we can hope that they will be giving us more/new WvW abilities so that we can spend some of the other 8610 of them. People should be able to tweak these like we can do traits.

Side note OP, I would expect a WvW refund in the near future since that is the trend before events and tournaments. And yes I will be clicking to refilling 10 toons too and its pretty fast to do when all you are doing is clicking on the last bar. It took a lot longer when you had to consider where to allocate the points to.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

When I first started in WvW a few months ago I had no guild, and the npc’s that tell you what to do are less than informative. So I just spent points pretty poorly, not really knowing what would help me out the most later on. Now, at rank 150, it may not seem like I even have many points to spend, but boy would I like to take the 50% completion of defense against guards and apply that to the 50% completion of Guard killer…

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Simplest and in my view best:

add a “minus” button as for traits

but to avoid the to powerful changes on the fly:
You can only use the minus button while not in WvW.

Reset is annoying for all those that spend their points as they wanted them
No change is annoying for all those that made a mistake.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

They don’t have a reset button because if they did what would be the point of ranking up? You could have any mastery you wanted by just resetting when needed.

Though I agree, it would be nice if they would reset WvW points at some time because it has been a long while since they have.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

They don’t have a reset button because if they did what would be the point of ranking up? You could have any mastery you wanted by just resetting when needed.

Though I agree, it would be nice if they would reset WvW points at some time because it has been a long while since they have.

“You don’t have a reset button because if they did what would be the point of leveling up? You could have any traits you want just by resetting when needed.”

Most people advocate for a reset button that’s only active outside of WvW. Which seems like fair game to me.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

Haven’t they reset them in the past for WvW tournies? Seems I remember getting to re-allocate for the last one at least…Should be about time, it’s been 7-8 months since the last one. I’d be cool with a reset every 30 days or something. Or pay for a reset with badges and have a timer of at least 24hrs. But I’d imagine they’re going to reset them for HoT, or one of the updates preceding it. The way it is now though, teaches players not to go clicking things all willy nilly w/o at least some research. That can be a good thing.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Why are points set in stone anyway? Why not have the points adjustable like they are for traits?

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Why are points set in stone anyway? Why not have the points adjustable like they are for traits?

Would make the points pointless if you can adjust them on the fly. Need ballista? Unskill arrow cart and go ballista. Having more than x points would turn into a quality of life reward to save you 10s of reskilling.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Would make the points pointless if you can adjust them on the fly. Need ballista? Unskill arrow cart and go ballista. Having more than x points would turn into a quality of life reward to save you 10s of reskilling.

Not on the fly, but say outside WvW or only while you have the spawn-area buf.
The way it is, it is just another burden for new player, whereas the veterans don’t have to care, they have everything max

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Watch them add it in as a gem shop item xD

IMO have it as a reset npc like the normal trait reset npc’s at the spawn areas and charge some amount badges for the reset fee.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

A WvW trait reset scroll that can only be used outside WvW sold in the gemstore for 1200 gems. Chaching!!

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I have everything unlocked at this point, but many in my guild do not. I believe a point reset would be beneficial right now, as it’s been quite a few months since it last happened.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

A reset button?
so ill reset them any time depending the siege i need to use?? i dont like the option to retrait the wvw not even 1 time per month….

this bth looks nice >:}

A WvW trait reset scroll that can only be used outside WvW sold in the gemstore for 1200 gems. Chaching!!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

An npc that charges badges and gold to reset would be nice… And make it per character. And/or a gem store item to reset the whole account.

in WvW

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

So I made a WvW specific character a while back, I had a bunch of points saved up, and dumped them into Siege buffs and the standard defense against guards/more damage against guards lines, But being the idiot I am I didn’t understand the best use of the points I had.

How exactly did you misuse the points you had? The defence/damage vs. guard lines are generally the best things to max out first, and seige buffs are generally the next best thing.

Did you invest in the wrong siege types (i.e. oil instead of ram)? Did you dump a bunch into the supply capacity up front? Did you not take the first 4 ranks of supply master? Did you not put at least one in build and repair master?

I’m just curious as to how exactly the points were misspent.

In any case, most siege equipment does not need to be maxed out to get the good stuff. I think catapults are the only one you really need to max out ASAP.

WvW ranks aren’t that hard to build up though. If you really want to grind through them, just spend time running in EotM.

I think they want to prevent instant free resets because they don’t want a scenario where someone, say, puts points into ram mastery and rams a gate open, and then immediately converts them into catapult mastery to use the catapult (i.e. south bay gate). Similarly, they would just dump their points into golem mastery to use a golem, and then swap them out when they didn’t need to be in a golem anymore, meaning they’d be constantly min-maxing their points via reallocation. It would then also potentially punish players that didn’t do that.

Though I suppose having a paid option for WvW rank resets would put a barrier to use on it so that it couldn’t be abused.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

He probably means he just spent the points evenly across the ones that looks good, not maxing out anything in particular.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

He probably means he just spent the points evenly across the ones that looks good, not maxing out anything in particular.

That’s often the best ways to spend the points though. The only ones you really need to max are the guard damage/defence and catapults, and maybe arrow cart… maybe golem as well, although it’s much less common to be operating a golem than some other piece of siege.

The only ones that truly go to waste are the mercenary ones.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Limiting the reset of wvw points to its current extent to me is pointless. In this game, it’s generally rare that you can make a decision with such long lasting repercussions. In reality, the system as is overly punitive to new players, as veteran players will usually have enough to cover the needed masteries. This really hurts the ability of new players to experiment with stuff. In particular, they will remain at a huge disadvantage until they can acquire guard stacks, whereas a silver player that is just waiting to get like, say, another level of ballista mastery is merely slightly hindered in getting a luxury. And of course, logically speaking this issue is completely irrelevant for people that have maxed everything.

Furthermore, when resets do actually happen, it becomes a mere annoyance to people with many points that they have to put everything again. So, why not just make any resets voluntary?

If the idea is that the decision should have some degree of significance, I’d agree that being able to arbitrarily reset them would feel cheesy— but why not allow a reset daily so you can’t just switch siege masteries as needed?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Sorry, OP. But just about every WvW player has their skills maxed. Just keep playing and you’ll get there before you know it.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

^
Best bet is to just get more levels.