Please stop this!

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: ZeDoc.1375

ZeDoc.1375

This is not what we want to see Anet! As customer, i feel neglected!
World vs World is part of this game and you should do something about it!
Last few years you say we listen to players. Which players? Pve?
Start listening to wvw players, experienced ones or you will lose more than WVW.
Black Desert will take your PVE, Camelot will take your WvW.

(edited by ZeDoc.1375)

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

What is this video supposed to show? It’s titled “Epic fight in the desert borderlands” and appears to be just that.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

can you be more constructive and less ranty? i have literally no idea what you have an issue with or what “this” is that needs to be stopped?

Please stop this!

in WvW

ZeDoc.1375

1. Title is sarcastic.
2. Central event in his glory.
3.Skill Lag-Rubberbanding- for us and enemy.
4.Unplayable game

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

What is this video supposed to show? It’s titled “Epic fight in the desert borderlands” and appears to be just that.

Did you actually watch any of it?

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The video description says somehow PvE got into the fight but as a WvW neophyte I only saw a small group fighting a zerg, what was the PvE part?

An aside to the OP: I’m pretty sure costuming isn’t the focus of WvW. Though some of the players in the video had nice armor sets on.

Sorry … I know English isn’t your native language, at least based on your syntax I don’t think it is. But I see this even in English speakers on these forums, so here is a small lesson:

“Customer” = one who buys something.
“Costumer” = one who puts on costumes, ie clothing to make them look like someone else. “Cosplay” is derived from this, coming from “Costume Play.”

(Also “witch” = “female caster of spells with an occult flavor” — can also go to pagan magic but I’m keeping it basic — and “which” = “differentiating between multiples of a type.” An easy mixup if you don’t grow up with the words).

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: power unit.6725

power unit.6725

Title is clearly sarcasm if people haven’t noticed it.
The awfull lagg that the player has is something that is in WvW since they released the new borderlands. it seems all the players from both faction are suffering because you see enemies and allies running through each other. i repeat this happens only when the central event is happening. After that the lagg completely disappears and fights can be fought properly again no matter the size of the blob

Please stop this!

in WvW

ZeDoc.1375

Ok,thank you for corecting me.
I am not english native, but i don’t think that’s the point.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Ringo.3406

Ringo.3406

Anet, thx for destroying the funniest game mode I ever played

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Pirate ship lag meta sooooooo much fun !!!!

VoxL, NSPPT

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

ouch, so much lag, people afraid to go on melee knowing they will die, tons of aoes and range…. aka gw2…

perfect exemple of what not to do in a mmo.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I don’t see how PvE in WvW affects that scenario. A medium sized group was held back by a zerg at a choke point, and the zerg was able to successfully cross the choke point without dying to AoE and wipe the medium sized group. The same thing happens literally every day in front of the Blue EBG keep.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You would of probably lost that fight anyway, it looks like they have slightly more numbers too, so this basically shows the state of WvW; Pirate Ship, it’s not that choke points fights aren’t unusual.

We know and have mentioned to them this central events lags the entire map for 2-3 months now, aswell as skill lag in general.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

Hell yea! More CC, less stabi, more ranged bomb and more choke points. All what all WvW players wanted so badly. All brought to you with HoT. The fights are now so exciting!

Please stop this!

in WvW

ZeDoc.1375

New borderlands are nice, but few changes are needed: central event deleted, suport in case of 3 way fights (than you have lag), crazy dragon banner (in chokes that is overkill).
WvW is not about bigger numbers > less, if you have chemestry and skill in your guild you can do “wonders”, but how can you enjoy this game mode if lag, skill lag, rubberband hits ?

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Murksler.5261

Murksler.5261

It’s nice how most people don’t understand what he’s showing with this video.

The PvE-Event in the middle of the map cause map wide lag for everybody for around 1 hour.
Nobody can play during this time. After we see the timer for the event we will know that there will be map wide lag coming soon, even without any enemys on the borders.

Atm when this event is happening most people are switching the battlefield or they make an extended pause untill the event is over.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: akeldama.6709

akeldama.6709

This is not what we want to see Anet! As customer, i feel neglected!
World vs World is part of this game and you should do something about it!
Last few years you say we listen to players. Which players? Pve?
Start listening to wvw players, experienced ones or you will lose more than WVW.
Black Desert will take your PVE, Camelot will take your WvW.

I know it was meant to be sarcasm, but just for good counter measure…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mtZvZVg_Tc

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Holder.4537

Holder.4537

I think the maps have been well made, but I think that the emphasis has been made around events in the map and not about what wvw players want. This is Guild wars and Guild raids not blobs are a part of the game. I think the upgrades to guild halls will make it almost impossible for guilds to raid effectively. Siege not able to be hit by attacks only siege, pve style cars, not being able to build siege because of gate balistas, although these have not been unlocked yet by many guilds. The center event would be better without complete lag fest as it would insite fights, which is what we want. Not GvG’s but open field fights against guilds. Because of all the changes to WvW that insite blob fests, I am not happy with the progression of the game and wuold welcome another game that focuses on WvW rather than PVE, easy mode standing on one spot spamming one.

I really fail to see what has been done productively for the WvW community of the game, and I am really afraid that the guild community is going to be leaving the game and that WvW will become dead because Anet clearly does not have a developer that knows what the gamers want, even though Dev’s were in guilds during the last season to find out what we want and need. This game has so much unfulfilled prospects and could easily pull gamers from other games, but is in fact in danger of loosing a lot of players. WvW and PVE are totally different sides of the game no matter what was initially intended, a lot of WvW players only enter PVE to get things that are needed in WvW builds.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

good video showing just another day in wvw guys, nothing to see here…

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

So what most of the people in this thread fails to see, which i think is hilarious because it is so visible, is the fact that they are all lagging so badly they can not cast anything, and if they cant it takes 10 sec before it goes off. Players in both team are rubberbanding like crazy all over the place.

And no, before you guys suggest this, no it is not the person with a bad pc or connection, this is what happens every day in fights with bigger groups, for EVERYBODY in that fight. We just either rubberband, cast something and i call it out and either it takes like 10 sec or more for it to go off or nothing happens at all, my bar just don’t react to my interaction. We mostly also loose a few players to dc every one of those fights.

It is unplayable and have been for a long while now. The dc’s showed up again a little while back, Mostly we loose 4-5 people on each fight due to dc.

So who is whining now?

Please stop this!

in WvW

ZeDoc.1375

So what most of the people in this thread fails to see, which i think is hilarious because it is so visible, is the fact that they are all lagging so badly they can not cast anything, and if they cant it takes 10 sec before it goes off. Players in both team are rubberbanding like crazy all over the place.

This is just crazy, is not about PC or net connection. Is about play quality.
Is not about whining is about having a reason to go on with this game, 3 months and still the same problems.
It’s a shame, lots of guilds disbanded because Anet refuses to give us a hand and more will come.(curious thing is we help them all the time with good and valuable feedback)

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: cyberwolf.5830

cyberwolf.5830

it was like 30s skill lag, so really no point in playing at all :/

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

They still haven’t fixed the waypoint exploit. I mean comon just respawn over and over again while defending. Suicide rush as many times as you want just respawn 10 feet away??? It’s almost funny just how abandoned WvW is. Cant even put one guy on that for an afternoon?

JQ subsidiary

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Yeah this needs fixing, don’t know why the lag appearsbecause of one simple event….

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

It’s nice how most people don’t understand what he’s showing with this video.

This probably depresses me most about this whole thing. =P

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Please stop this!

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

I watched the video, but that horrible sound (I think it was someone’s idea of music?!) made me watch it without sound. I didn’t notice skill lag or rubberbanding- can someone give me a time stamp on where this might happen in the listed video?

As to skill lag during the oasis event- I have never experienced this, even with groups the size shown in the video. Never. Not once. Ever. I WAS using an nVidia GTX 660 which burned out (after only 2 years? C’mon, nVidia!) and was replaced with what I thought was a better GT 730 card, but gives me worse performance at the same settings, so I’ve had to dial down things like post processing and reflections. But I still have no lag during the oasis event. So if some people have lag and others don’t, can you blame it on Anet? If you do blame Anet, why do people like me not experience it ever, at all, at any time during the event? Please don’t argue that I’m lying or that I do experience lag but don’t notice- that will only be counter-productive and not help the issue. If you’re experiencing lag, what speed is your internet connection (I think this is where laggers will find some commonality, but I’m not sure)? Are you wireless or not? What graphics card are you using?

(edited by Sinbold.8723)

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

I watched the video, but that horrible sound (I think it was someone’s idea of music?!) made me watch it without sound. I didn’t notice skill lag or rubberbanding- can someone give me a time stamp on where this might happen in the listed video?

As to skill lag during the oasis event- I have never experienced this, even with groups the size shown in the video. Never. Not once. Ever. I WAS using an nVidia GTX 660 which burned out (after only 2 years? C’mon, nVidia!) and was replaced with what I thought was a better GT 720 card, but gives me worse performance at the same settings, so I’ve had to dial down things like post processing and reflections. But I still have no lag during the oasis event. So if some people have lag and others don’t, can you blame it on Anet? If you do blame Anet, why do people like me not experience it ever, at all, at any time during the event? Please don’t argue that I’m lying or that I do experience lag but don’t notice- that will only be counter-productive and not help the issue. If you’re experiencing lag, what speed is your internet connection (I think this is where laggers will find some commonality, but I’m not sure)? Are you wireless or not? What graphics card are you using?

What does a graphic card have to do with lag, are you serious bro?? If a whole group has lag issues it is all the peoples internet provider, ofcourse.

@Charrbeque.8729 perhaps they are using the same vid editing programme. Calling people hackers without any proof but a text font is a bit crazy, don’t you think.

Piken Square

(edited by ImLegion.4018)

Please stop this!

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

I have no idea, just throwing it out there in case someone with more knowledge knows.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

As to skill lag during the oasis event- I have never experienced this, even with groups the size shown in the video. Never. Not once. Ever. I WAS using an nVidia GTX 660 which burned out (after only 2 years? C’mon, nVidia!) and was replaced with what I thought was a better GT 720 card, but gives me worse performance at the same settings, so I’ve had to dial down things like post processing and reflections. But I still have no lag during the oasis event. So if some people have lag and others don’t, can you blame it on Anet? If you do blame Anet, why do people like me not experience it ever, at all, at any time during the event? Please don’t argue that I’m lying or that I do experience lag but don’t notice- that will only be counter-productive and not help the issue. If you’re experiencing lag, what speed is your internet connection (I think this is where laggers will find some commonality, but I’m not sure)? Are you wireless or not? What graphics card are you using?

What does a graphic card have to do with lag, are you serious bro?? If a whole group has lag issues it is all the peoples internet provider, ofcourse.

@Charrbeque.8729 perhaps they are using the same vid editing programme. Calling people hackers without any proof but a text font is a bit crazy, don’t you think.

Edit: Good point. I watched the OP’s video again.

It does seem crazy. I had no idea WvW was popular again. Every time I go to my server’s borderlands I hardly see anybody, which includes enemy players. I don’t get any lag though, but that’s probably because I’m not in large scale battles.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Please stop this!

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

Watched the video again, focusing on specific players, as well as the player who recorded it. Not sure if all the blinking around is from hacks or lag, but the blinking of a few toons (not going to put their names here cuz I don’t want to be infracted, but you can read their names) over much longer distances sure does look suspect. And the recorder had BIG skill lag. Any chance it could have been caused by recording? I have no idea- just asking if those in the know might know. I know a player that doesn’t use Teamspeak because it causes him to lag.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

Well T least there was no melee around to rush in and stop the kids from throwing rocks at each other and mix it up like some real fighters.
We don’t need no stab to be good in wvw!

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well T least there was no melee around to rush in and stop the kids from throwing rocks at each other and mix it up like some real fighters.
We don’t need no stab to be good in wvw!

Just need moar cowbell!!

erm, I meant necros.

Please stop this!

in WvW

ImLegion.4018

Watched the video again, focusing on specific players, as well as the player who recorded it. Not sure if all the blinking around is from hacks or lag, but the blinking of a few toons (not going to put their names here cuz I don’t want to be infracted, but you can read their names) over much longer distances sure does look suspect. And the recorder had BIG skill lag. Any chance it could have been caused by recording? I have no idea- just asking if those in the know might know. I know a player that doesn’t use Teamspeak because it causes him to lag.

If you dont know where you talk about, perhaps its better not reply on stuff as this. It will only make the topic full of nonsense stuff.

Piken Square

Please stop this!

in WvW

ZeDoc.1375

As to skill lag during the oasis event- I have never experienced this, even with groups the size shown in the video. Never. Not once. Ever. I WAS using an nVidia GTX 660 which burned out (after only 2 years? C’mon, nVidia!) and was replaced with what I thought was a better GT 730 card, but gives me worse performance at the same settings, so I’ve had to dial down things like post processing and reflections. But I still have no lag during the oasis event. So if some people have lag and others don’t, can you blame it on Anet? If you do blame Anet, why do people like me not experience it ever, at all, at any time during the event? Please don’t argue that I’m lying or that I do experience lag but don’t notice- that will only be counter-productive and not help the issue. If you’re experiencing lag, what speed is your internet connection (I think this is where laggers will find some commonality, but I’m not sure)? Are you wireless or not? What graphics card are you using?

Sorry that you play on an unpopulated server, i am not going to print specs of my rack or my guild mates, but i assure you it’s imposible for 20 people to have GPU ,Cpu, Internet problems in the same time.

Logic? plus the enemy was twice as much, if the didn’t had same lag/rubberband they could easyly kill us in 5 seconds.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

It’s like every time one disappears a new one pops up. First there was lordkrall, then the tag team (or double account) of coglin and dancingmonkey and now this guy pops up.

(In case there’s a misunderstanding for those who don’t know what I’m talking about – not talking about OP)

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Please stop this!

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

ZeDoc.1375, where did I say I’m on an unpopulated server? I believe I said quite the opposite. Not sure if you’re saying you were in the group shown in the vid? Also not sure if you are lordkrall in disguise?

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I WAS using an nVidia GTX 660 which burned out (after only 2 years? C’mon, nVidia!) and was replaced with what I thought was a better GT 730 card, but gives me worse performance at the same settings, so I’ve had to dial down things like post processing and reflections.

Sorry but whoever told you a GT730 was better than a GTX660 was either lying or a fool. Quick check show the GTX660 has 4-5x the performance in 3DMark.

Rule of thumb: in any given graphics card generation, there are only two cards that you buy – the “full size” model (for example gtx980, gtx780, gtx680 etc) or the downclocked/crippled “full size” model (gtx970, gtx770, gtx670 etc). Even these are sometimes not the true full size chips (like Titan/980Ti series) but the refined ones is often released much later. Everything else is generally complete tripe thats been strangled in performance and not even worth being paperweights.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

Thanks, Dawdler. I wish someone would have told me before I wasted my money at Best Buy. Even worse, they kept the box after it was installed so I couldn’t even return or exchange it without losing half the price on a “restock” fee.

Please stop this!

in WvW

ImLegion.4018

ZeDoc.1375, where did I say I’m on an unpopulated server? I believe I said quite the opposite. Not sure if you’re saying you were in the group shown in the vid? Also not sure if you are lordkrall in disguise?

Your saying alot of weird things. If you don’t know what’s going on, why answer on stuff.

Piken Square

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Ok you really don’t get this. First of all no it is not hacks, it is rubberbanding players who lags. The lags have nothing to do with the players pc or connection but the performance on the server. For example in eb there are fights with 60+ players on each zerg clashing in together. That means roughly 200 players were ALL have this issue. How we know? Well we see them dc, we see them not casting what they should only autoattacking, all those things we struggle with our self we see the enemies having same issue.

In homeborder this happens frequently even though there are actually not that many as 200 players there. The event in the middle is one issue. I also noticed the airstrike at SM on EB cause the same sort of lag. Yesterday i watched one and the mapchat filled with people asking if the lag is real for all. As soon as it stopped the lag ended.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Hint: I wasn’t referring to ZeDoc..

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Please stop this!

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

Please accept my apologies if I’ve caused any offense, Zetsumei.4975. It was not my intent (as it may be with others on these forums). I’m merely wishing to avoid the situation shown in the video.

Please stop this!

in WvW

Sinbold.8723

ImLegion.4018, thank you for your positive contributions to this post. They’ve been very helpful.

Please stop this!

in WvW

ImLegion.4018

As have been yours sinbold.

Piken Square