Pls Nerv Condis

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

In WvWvW Condis are OP. It is silly that u even can Spike them and going full Dire. Due Buffood they are overtop on a low skill floor. Pls nerv them on several classes. I played now 1 week with Condi Thief and it is disgusting how easy to play it is and how much dmg u put on your enemy.

There is no skill, no fun only braindead gameplay goin on nowdays. A contest who spamms faster their kittening condis.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Agreed, condi is unnerving.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: mike put.6892

mike put.6892

it’s a part of the game , deal with it.

Harambe was only a gorilla…

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

OP has a point, spamming condis is brainless. Wish they never made burns stack or made confusion doing passive damage, its like bleed v2.0.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I’m developing nervosa with all these condi flying around me soon

gaem not made for mi
===========

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

If enough people can cry CRUTCH, as in the past, Anet will do something to appease those that cannot fight/beat them.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

Meanwhile guardians are roflstomping everyone with all the sustain/dmg and condi clear you can eat.

Just because the meta changed doesn’t mean you can’t find a way around it anymore.

Sure I’d agree that Anet screwed their balance when trying to appease the zerk crybabies but the same scenario will happen again with condi if ppl keep complaining.

You want to beat that meta? Pack more condi clear than usual. That condi thief build that everyone seems to enjoy whispering insults too is pretty pointless if you remove condis (surprise the warrior can do that every 4 seconds on weapon swap, etc).

Basically think it over for a second and maybe accept that you might have to change a few habits to adapt. And then you’ll do just fine : )

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Conditions are not particularly strong until you bring half a dozen cover conditions on bursts.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Condition damage isn’t so bad on some classes and some builds but then nearly every single power build I know now is running their condition management trait line with usually one or two skills to clear conditions too.

The thing no-one is pointing to is that HoT brought a lot more condition application, not as much damaging but certainly more CC and defensive conditions as well as cover. It also brought more condition cleansing on some aspects but mainly on some HoT specs or enabled more cleansing through more frequent use of cleansing abilities.

Put simply people were fighting with kendo sticks pre HoT so fights lasted a decent length and 1 mistake wasn’t a death sentence and not many things were over the top. What ANet then did was give everyone swords and now it’s just an arms race where 1 mistake = dead.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Really is annoying constantly having to disengage with 4K+ burn ticks…even through invuln. At the very least, don’t let classes that can insta drop stupid amounts of condi bunker up at the same time.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

And again people complain about condition without seeing the other side of the coin.

Condi is powerful in roaming (1-4)
Condi is ok in Havoc (5-10)
Condi is useless in Zerg (10+)

The problem isn’t “Nerf condi!” because it is strong in one aspect, the problem is that they need to re-think/design how condi works for the whole game, so it doesn’t get polarized on the amount of people. They need to find a way to make Condi scale with the number of players (somehow).

The first thing they should look at is “condi cleanse”, things like aoe cleanses, few cleanses on some classes, more personal cleanses, less aoe cleanse, and probably add another stat to reduce the effect of conditions (or include it into one of the existing ones NOT TOUGHNESS).

“My car is old cheap and rusty! Remove all speed-bumps, because they make my car into a wreck!” <- Fix the root problem, stop complaining about the symptoms.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They need to nerf the ability for classes to have condis out side of there class. So rune condis mostly or even the build in ones. Say necro it should not be able to use confusion at all or even say hard cc but every thing else is ok.
Ele and gurd condtion / cc are about what all the other classes should be set on. They both have limited dmg condtion and a very set amount of cc hard and soft. When you have classes that has every thing that is when it becomes a problem.

So the problem with condion atm is that every class can use every condi type in the game both cc and dmg type and the counter side is very class limited. There needs to be some changes to what condion / cc a class can use or add in a good set of counters to all classes (more stab, cant be soft cc, and resicents).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

They need to find a way to make Condi scale with the number of players (somehow).

Parasitic Contagion

sure

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The problem with conditions is that they are skill-less.

Try to land a good Ice Spike on someone in 1v1, you’re lucky if you ever do, and then if you do you will only do 3-4k damage if you crit, and that is after a 3 second animation.

Meanwhile a condi build with a higher HP can rollface all the keys and apply 4k ticks that keep on ticking, then they use their block/invul stuff while you keep taking damage (that was ok when they condi cap existed).

With the sigils adding 2 more condis on you to prevent you from cleansing fully, condi builds become something of an exploit.

Removing the condi cap was just another of these huge mistakes.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Funny … some threads say … zerg mindless press 111111 to win.

Now this thread … condi’s need nerv(?) they skilless, autowin

Pretty sure we can apply that to anything. Yet I do sympathize and feel the burn from those condi bombers… especially mags (sry for singling you out, but basing on experience fighting you guys, you have a good bomb).

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I am of the opinion that all of these players claiming condi as OP just do not want to bother with Condition cleanse. I look at meta build where pople model many of their builds from and have looked at any number of builds offered up in various topics and virtually all of them BY CHOICE ignore condition cleanse because they want to do more damage. Condition cleanse is added as an aferthought and then complained on when their build is weak to a Condition player,

JJust as example look at meta battle and the thief builds offered there. The top rated d/p build has next to no condition cleanse. It does not even trait EA. It has no SE or trickster and uses the sigils of fire and air.

The staff build skips SA as well along with EA.

Persons playing either of these builds have absolutely no right to complain about lack of cleanses, They CHOSE to do that. They feel if they can kill en enemy faster they will not have to deal with conditions. Ok do it. You made that choice.

I can go through virtually everyone of those meta builds and see much the same across a number of professions. All classes have multiple sources of cleanses, few took more then a handful. Virtually every power build uses sigil air/fire. Where is generosity and purity and please do not give me the “we need that extra” damage line. You can do lenty of damage without.

A condition build can not face roll anybody that has a good supply of cleanses. Faceroll happnes against the people who do not care to trait for them.

Just a by the way. those condition builds also have to deal with those same conditions. How do they manage it?

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

Because they have more HP.

Not the Condi is the problem. The Problem is that u can Spike them like OP said. In WvWvW with all those OP Buffood no problem.
Condi should be a DoT where you keep up the pressure but not faceroll on the keyboard and take your bags. Look at Evade Condi Thief….man this build ist just silly. Dude i managed even to kill people instant. A condi Cleanse doesn’t help you then.

(edited by syntohras.1064)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

At most a thief can have around 22k hp with a soldiers/dire build. 22k is nothing compared to what many classes run around with. Faceroll, faceroll. It’s all I hear and yet it does take multiple abilities, positioning, timing, etc. to land the hits that apply conditions. Conditions aren’t ticking on you because they just facerolled the keyboard. They are ticking because you took a hit in the first place and don’t have any cleanse equipped. You didn’t block, dodge, or otherwise avoid the thing putting conditions on you.

And, for the record, “how do condition users deal with condi?” My evades clear conditions, my heal clears conditions, and I have a stun break that clears conditions. I actually do quite a bit to manage my conditions. My dodge clears cripple, chill and immobilize as well, so those don’t cover the conditions my other trait clears. I know how condition clears work for many classes because that is how I do damage. I also know how thief condition clears work in a number of builds so I have a better shot of killing them.

Pro-tip. Load a Daredevil up on conditions and stop attacking. No evade means every one of those will tick completely. Of course, if the thief runs other condition removal that won’t work nearly as well. EA is powerful, but I don’t trust it to save me on its own.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

For me condi small scale OP issues were a problem a while back. In the current meta bunkers have taken their place and are in every facet of game play. The defensive sustain in the current meta is out of control. Unless a player is on a bunker chassis (Druid, Warrior, etc) there is little reward for high risk big shot builds.

Are there condi builds in small scale that are very dangerous sure, but most have counters now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Because they have more HP.

Not the Condi is the problem. The Problem is that u can Spike them like OP said. In WvWvW with all those OP Buffood no problem.
Condi should be a DoT where you keep up the pressure but not faceroll on the keyboard and take your bags. Look at Evade Condi Thief….man this build ist just silly. Dude i managed even to kill people instant. A condi Cleanse doesn’t help you then.

They do NOT have more HP. Where do you come up with this. ? My power Necro, Warrior, and Ranger all have more HPS than my condition thief.

I also have a power thief that has just as much HPS as my condition thief.

You can take Valkyrie with ease and get your hit points. The warrior naked starts at 19k hps . That is more then my condition thief has.

The “evade thief” you speak of is DB d/d no doubt. Do people just stand in a metor shower when it cast on them? The DB has a very limited range. It easy to avoid the hits off the DB so you do not have to cleanse them. Why do people insist on standing under a DB spam trying to attack during an evade frame?

To Saerni you are exactly right. All of those cleanses and avoidance techniques available to the Condition thief are available to the Power thief. To EA you made my exact point. I encounter a pile of thieves that trait only this. I get one condition spike on them and watch them die. I have seen them run away across half the map with my conditions ticking as they have no way of cleansing unless they evade an attack I make.

I used to think Condition duration not worth investing in because the condition cleansed well before the duration reached. No longer. More and more seem to trait one cleanse and rely on complaining on the boards to get rid of the rest.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I am of the opinion that all of these players claiming condi as OP just do not want to bother with Condition cleanse.

I’m sure this is probably correct for some. I run plenty of cleanse though and still notice certain builds screwing up smaller fights. Condi has issues but it’s certain builds and tons of passive condi application that are the main issues. Fix that and then we can address stuff like resistance + make condi viable for big, organized fights again.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I have no problems looking at individual skills or traits that might be too rich in the application of Conditions, anymore then I would have issues with looking at individual skills or traits that do much raw damage. My issue is with the conclusion that “Conditions are OP nerf them”.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Conditions just aren’t going to be nerfed, especially in WvW where their impact is minimal at best. In the grander scheme of things, with the supposed WvW directed patch coming up, we’re more likely to see significant boon uptime nerfs and some changes to Dragonhunter, the class that truly does rule much of WvW right now.

Gandara

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I am of the opinion that all of these players claiming condi as OP just do not want to bother with Condition cleanse. I look at meta build where pople model many of their builds from and have looked at any number of builds offered up in various topics and virtually all of them BY CHOICE ignore condition cleanse because they want to do more damage. Condition cleanse is added as an aferthought and then complained on when their build is weak to a Condition player,

JJust as example look at meta battle and the thief builds offered there. The top rated d/p build has next to no condition cleanse. It does not even trait EA. It has no SE or trickster and uses the sigils of fire and air.

The staff build skips SA as well along with EA.

Persons playing either of these builds have absolutely no right to complain about lack of cleanses, They CHOSE to do that. They feel if they can kill en enemy faster they will not have to deal with conditions. Ok do it. You made that choice.

I can go through virtually everyone of those meta builds and see much the same across a number of professions. All classes have multiple sources of cleanses, few took more then a handful. Virtually every power build uses sigil air/fire. Where is generosity and purity and please do not give me the “we need that extra” damage line. You can do lenty of damage without.

A condition build can not face roll anybody that has a good supply of cleanses. Faceroll happnes against the people who do not care to trait for them.

Just a by the way. those condition builds also have to deal with those same conditions. How do they manage it?

I agree but unfortunately these threads come up nearly weekly from players that aren’t taking the proper tools to deal with it/don’t know how to deal with it/don’t understand it.

Conditions themselves are fine. People are always asking for nerfs to conditions. It’s not conditions that are the issue. It’s specific builds.

Condition builds need defensive stats because their damage is over time. Power builds have the advantage of instant results. Yes, I understand that condition builds are capable of doing heavy damage while maintaining high HP/armor but it’s only if a) you’re not cleansing properly/didn’t bring cleanses or b) you’re face tanking the hard hitters. The same way you shouldn’t sit in a Hundred Blades, you shouldn’t sit in a Confusing Images (the bright purple beam coming from Mesmer scepter that stacks Confusion.)

I know the people who disagree will refuse to understand the logic but for some reason I feel compelled to argue it any time it comes up.

Once upon a time way back when I started playing, I didn’t like condition builds either. They’re frustrating to fight when you don’t understand why you’re dying so quickly. It takes practice and yes, they’re harder to bring down than a glassy power build. That doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed though.

Specific builds such as D/D condi Thief and condi bunk Chrono do need to be adjusted, however. On top of high HP/armor, they also have high damage and lots of ways to avoid damage. Something needs to be traded off and IMO, it’s their access to conditions. They can be as tanky and hard to catch as they want but they shouldn’t be able to do a heap of damage as well.

I main a vanilla condition Necromancer and that’s how condition builds should be. I have a slow wind up, I’m slow on foot – easy to kite and slow attacks. I have a ton of HP/armor but I won’t be killing anything quickly that’s prepared for me and I won’t be escaping anything once I’ve engaged. I can potentially deal a lot of damage but only if you’re either face tanking it or bad at cleansing.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

At this point I’m inclined to believe the major complaint about conditions is that people are too lazy/stubborn to include an actual counter or two in their builds. I mean if anet listens to you when you complain loudly enough….seems like a good tactic to free up a utility slot here and there.

That said though, I think there needs to be changes to alot of classes that use conditions. In particular my problem with conditions is that the classes that are op with them have boonrips and ways to hardcounter ur condi counters. Games should thrive on counter play. This game though…..it has a counter to counter the counter that was already cast. I mean if I have 2 condition counters added into my build and THEY DON’T do anything…..that’s a problem. Certain classes like necro should get priority for condition utility/damage. Other though like mesmer shouldn’t…..why a mesmer can bomb and boonstrip ur counters in 1 fell swoop is beyond my understanding. Resistance doesn’t stack in anything other than duration….which is ridiculous imo. 1 strip and multiple sources of resistance are completely gone. If you have a condition clear then the mesmer just simply attacks you a 2nd time with a 2nd set of conditions…..condi clears really leave alot to be desired at times. And the fact conditions don’t have built-in counters like they used to…..confusion does a ton of damage even if you don’t move.

I mean why can’t movement or dodges impede fire damage? Why can’t standing still or moving very little impede bleed damage? Why can’t…..just whatever. I woulda made conditions more so “playstyle changers” than just raw damage over time you can’t get rid of.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

confusion does a ton of damage even if you don’t move.

Torment – and yes, I hate that change with a passion.

ETA:

I woulda made conditions more so “playstyle changers” than just raw damage over time you can’t get rid of.

I thought so recently too, but maybe it’s too late to change the game in that way.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I rarely die to torment myself. If any conditions get me it Confusion more than most. Fire can be bad as well but I tend to ensure i keep that from getting too many stacks on.

Withdraw on an under 15 second cooldown tends to deal nicely with torment all on its own. Use withdraw in conjunction with other techniques (outright dodges) and it rarely an issue.

one great advantage the thief has in condition removal is we have a number of skills and traits that target specific conditions. This is vastly superior to the generic “Cleanse three conditions” but also means the thief must be much more aware of which conditions are on him and when it appropriate to use a targetted cleanse or a generic one.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Doesn’t mean I have to die to hate it – it just doesn’t make sense: If you move you’ll be damaged, if you don’t you will be too. And it’s still way too easy to apply it.
I think what Cerby and I mean is that condis would’ve been more interesting if they had only “game changing” mechanics, like if you get confusion on you you can’t use the skill you’re about to use, like torment forcing you to stand still (or to clear it) and so on.

I know that you’re a condi player – I’m not and the faszination of seeing my enemies bleeding to death is something I don’t get. What I do get is that some people like this playstyle, still it’s getting out of hand here and there and probably should be adressed.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: OscLin.7253

OscLin.7253

Might as well make all players transform into quaggans with not costume brawls skills and rename EB to Verbal Battlegrounds. Condis are part of the game, learn to deal with them. All builds are beatable in the end.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

If they nerf condis then resistance should be removed from durability runes

They’re two diametrically opposed archetypes in organized play

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Doesn’t mean I have to die to hate it – it just doesn’t make sense: If you move you’ll be damaged, if you don’t you will be too. And it’s still way too easy to apply it.
I think what Cerby and I mean is that condis would’ve been more interesting if they had only “game changing” mechanics, like if you get confusion on you you can’t use the skill you’re about to use, like torment forcing you to stand still (or to clear it) and so on.

I know that you’re a condi player – I’m not and the faszination of seeing my enemies bleeding to death is something I don’t get. What I do get is that some people like this playstyle, still it’s getting out of hand here and there and probably should be adressed.

Oh I am not a condition player. I am a thief player. I currently have 5 of them and only one is condition. 3 are power and one is in flux. I have ideas for making it hybrid but am not sure where to go on it yet.

None are d/p although I will use it time to time> it sort of meh.

As to seeing your enemies bleed to death. My first theif was condition and then went power as conditions were not great way back then. My vision for him was that fight in one of the books from the Game of Thrones series. This where a lightly armored person I equated to a thief, fought against a heavily armored knight. He darted in and out applying small wounds and eventually won wearing the Knight down.

Thief two was the classic hard hit assassin style using d/d. Thief three was the pistolero.

There many ways to play and enjoy the class and playing them all helps when I face one of those builds.

Conditions add variety to gameplay. I still encounter far more power builds then condition builds in WvW. In fact of late there seems a resurgence in Mesmer power and i find some of those more troublesome than the Condition variety. Well played power builds can still do me in faster then a condition build.

All of my thieves save one trait for plenty of condition removal and that alone can neutralize a great deal of a condition builds effectiveness.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

saerni.2584

When I think about a strong roaming build as far as condition clears are concerned, I tend to divide up condition management into several categories.

First, you have your active clears. These are usually things that you won’t use unless you have conditions on you that need an active cleanse. For me these are my heal and my shadowstep to a lesser extent. You NEED to have active clears on any build. Active clears are on demand, quick/instant skills that cleanse around 5-6 conditions total. This is your “oh kitten I got spiked” skill.

Second, you have regular clears. Regular clears are the kind of cleanse you get from normally playing your class. This covers a wide variety of cleanse options. Going into druid form, using your burst skill on warrior, dodge cleanse for Daredevil, etc. You are already doing it, but it cleanses some conditions as a bonus. This kind of clear is needed to consistently clear conditions to prevent the “build up” of conditions that alone aren’t worth your “oh kitten” cleanse, but will do a lot of damage if left alone to stack with other minor conditions. This is also a great way to get rid of cripple/immobilize which is always a frustrating condition that doesn’t do damage but makes it more likely you will take more damage overall.

Lastly, there is the “player/class advantage” cleanses. Sometimes knowing when to dodge, or block, and having a skill that does a block or evasion, or even just positioning yourself to avoid a ranged condition application is the best condition cleanse there is. Much like fighting power builds there are moments when it is best not to take the damage. Cleanse is not designed to clear all conditions, and conditions are designed to be able to kill you, so this last category is just as important as active and regular cleansing.

Thief (Daredevil)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

no, nonononononono, I can finally use condis since they have been buffed. I was tired of running zerker only builds and can no properly use eles and necros. Don’t you dare take away my condis again.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

babazhook.6805

On thief my own strategy for extra cleanses is If I am going to use trickster, I might as well use all the trick traits I can. In a power build s/p Withdraw/rfi and Scorpion wire all work very well so each becomes an extra cleanse (or an extra 2 if on withdraw/RFI with EA). RFI can fuel more cleanses off the Infiltrators and so on.

If I am not going trickster I look at using acro. If i do not want to use either of those then it sigils/shadowstep/SE in some combination. If I do not want to do that then it OK I am weak on condition removal, it was my choice to be so.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Jayden Ennok.3687

At most a thief can have around 22k hp with a soldiers/dire build. 22k is nothing compared to what many classes run around with.

that’s almost double of zerker thief’s hp

since different classes have different mechanics, why do you compare hp’s between them?

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

saerni.2584

A zerker thief can still do incredible damage instantly, upwards of 15-20k depending on enemy armor/boons/etc.

To do even 10k damage, I need to land several attacks and hope they don’t have a cleanse saved up.

I’m also saying that full zerk power doesn’t have to hit me more than a few times to kill me. A thief hitting me with a few autoattacks and shadowshot can take out upwards of half my HP in 1.5 seconds.

If you build glassy you will do a lot of damage. A condi player can always go more glassy with power, precision, condition stats. Same condi bomb but now your enemy also loses 30% of their HP to your opening attack. But, condition players who are often not playing power because they want something different from glass, so they don’t spec it as often.

Thief (Daredevil)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Jayden Ennok.3687

A zerker thief can still do incredible damage instantly, upwards of 15-20k depending on enemy armor/boons/etc.

To do even 10k damage, I need to land several attacks and hope they don’t have a cleanse saved up.

I’m also saying that full zerk power doesn’t have to hit me more than a few times to kill me. A thief hitting me with a few autoattacks and shadowshot can take out upwards of half my HP in 1.5 seconds.

If you build glassy you will do a lot of damage. A condi player can always go more glassy with power, precision, condition stats. Same condi bomb but now your enemy also loses 30% of their HP to your opening attack. But, condition players who are often not playing power because they want something different from glass, so they don’t spec it as often.

maybe learn your rotations? When I condi bomb someone running a zerker build, they often don’t have the time to cleanse the condis since many condi cleanses have casting time.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Most condi clears are instant or passive. Only necro can struggle, all other classes have access to on demand condi remove. And i would definitely like to see the condi build, that can apply 10k+ dmg in 1 second.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

saerni.2584

I run a P/D thief so that is what I base my posts on. To be fair I run a build that isn’t designed for maximum condition bomb. In exchange I get more survivability that I can use to actually stay in a 2 or 3 v 1 fight long enough to down someone.

I think my “burst” which hits over the course of 7-8 seconds with no cleanse is about 3100 DPS. There will be more damage if I combo with stolen skill from engineer (confusion stacking) or if I combo with a poison field (shortbow 4). This assumes that the person does not clear conditions, and moves a little but somehow stays inside the tiny red circles.

At full effect on average I can therefore do an theoretical 21.7k damage over 7 seconds or up to 24.8k over 8 seconds. The numbers are fuzzy so these are just rough estimates and actual mileage may vary.

By contrast a power build can do upwards of 15k in 1-2 seconds. The spike DPS is 7500+.

Thief (Daredevil)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The only issue I have with condi is that it can burst quicker than a damage build and still have no defenses to work past like you would on a power build with Protection, Weakness and a tonne of damage mitigation from skills like Rite of the Great Dwarf.

If protection/Weakness/damage mitigation worked against condi I wouldn’t have a problem with it or feel forced to run condi if in a group of 2 or less.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

saerni.2584

Conversely you can cleanse a condition away.

Thief (Daredevil)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Or resistance which completely negate condis while active.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

While condis are being a bit abused and yes there could some balance on it but dont cry fowl just because you cant beat on your trusty rusty build/class. The game balance changes maybe you should look into modifying your build a little. As far as condis not taking skill i beg you to reconsider, theres a lot that goes into putting all those condis on the right person then hoping they dont get cleansed. While there are some builds that are mindless cheese, but those are always there condi power or sustain just depends on the meta.

(edited by dragonrage.8921)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I agree to tune down condi damage, but you also have to tune down direct damage. If you don’t have in your build a sufficient condi remove, it is not my problem. How many meta builds see in spvp based on condition ? mesmer ,ranger and what ? on 9 classes how many has a meta condi based ?
Real problem imho for condi damage is food : in spvp if i want to have condi duration i have to take wanderer or viper, which are far less tank that rabid/dire. In SPVP i can take a mix of rabid/dire and gain condi duration for food. This is a problem, ok , becouse there is not trade off but it is a common problem in wvw. In wvw you can build with great toughness, great damage and sustain mixing stats and food. This is a design problem imho much bigger than single condi damage. The only thing to balance should be to review the stats/food in wvw … but it would be a great rework and many people would not be happy

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I agree to tune down condi damage, but you also have to tune down direct damage. If you don’t have in your build a sufficient condi remove, it is not my problem. How many meta builds see in spvp based on condition ? mesmer ,ranger and what ? on 9 classes how many has a meta condi based ?
Real problem imho for condi damage is food : in spvp if i want to have condi duration i have to take wanderer or viper, which are far less tank that rabid/dire. In SPVP i can take a mix of rabid/dire and gain condi duration for food. This is a problem, ok , becouse there is not trade off but it is a common problem in wvw. In wvw you can build with great toughness, great damage and sustain mixing stats and food. This is a design problem imho much bigger than single condi damage. The only thing to balance should be to review the stats/food in wvw … but it would be a great rework and many people would not be happy

No Condition Damage just needs a condi version of protection, and retaliation. Then condis will not be nearly as easy of a play styles as it is currently.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

No Condition Damage just needs a condi version of protection, and retaliation. Then condis will not be nearly as easy of a play styles as it is currently.

Your version of Protection is called Resistance (Which is much more powerful mind you as it reduce 100% and not only 33%).
Your version of Retaliation is not needed as people playing condi take retaliation damage when they attack to apply condis.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Blah blah something decapitate, bsomethong something vault. Oh wait, condi is broken?

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Blah blah something decapitate, bsomethong something vault. Oh wait, condi is broken?

You forgot Arc Divider, Coalescence or Ruin, Test of Faith, etc…

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

You forgot Arc Divider, Coalescence or Ruin, Test of Faith, etc…

I pressed Unload earlier and it put an Elementalist in downed state from 90% health. I hope they nerf Necro bleeds to compensate.

Gandara

Pls Nerv Condis

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

But I have got instant 15k condi bombs. Multiple 4k-5k burnings. Instantly down. No ticks. Happened 3 or so times. Hack or not? At one time, I saw an enemy standing on SM wall, saw the animation, and slam, my toon was down instantly, at more distance than 1200.

I have sent screenshot of combat log to Anet via bug report. But times should be at millisecond precision to see that there were no ticks.