PoF spec unlocks

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

Will the new elite specializations be unlockable day 1 with proof of heroics?

If so, any hint on how many 100’s or 1000’s might be required?

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It took 250 mastery points to unlock the HoT elites. I assuming it will be something close to that. It cost 10 proof of heroics per HoT mastery point and each one gives 10 hero points. I doubt they would chance the formula much.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Unless they change the currency unlock for the expansion. Could be something new, or delay the use of heroics for a month or two.

Or… as we just had a memory of battle gobbler released, use memories of battle!!

But yeah, the threshold likely will be the same and use heroics.

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Bernhard.1687

Bernhard.1687

If it takes 250 Hero Points (like the HoT specializations) you can unlock them day one, since currently there are around 300 “leftover” Points

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

It took 250 mastery points to unlock the HoT elites. I assuming it will be something close to that. It cost 10 proof of heroics per HoT mastery point and each one gives 10 hero points. I doubt they would chance the formula much.

Originally they costed 400, before they came with proofs and stuff. Been changed to 250 a cpl months later.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

Yeah I more ask because on HoT release things were set up specifically so no one could quickly unlock the elite specs without running the new zones.

It isn’t a huge deal but im getting PoF 95% for the specs, don’t really care if I ever set foot in the pve zones.

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I would not worry about it. If you mostly wvw you should have a ton of proof. I know my main spec will be completely unlock the moment PoF hits.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Hmm I wouldnt be suprised if they wait a little while before unlocking it for wvw. They probably want people to go out into the world and experience the new content. They even added lore for the elite specs from the looks of it.

Im not saying they wont immediately make it gain-able for proof of heroics. But I would absolutely understand if they put like a 2 week delay on it just to get people out there.

Ghost Yak

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yeah I more ask because on HoT release things were set up specifically so no one could quickly unlock the elite specs without running the new zones.

Several guild members and myself had them all unlocked via WvW in the first week before they eased up on requirements. It was a bit of a grind but it did go fast.

I hope they re-use the heroics as I am sure many players are sitting on 10k plus but if they implement a similar system it likely won’t take long to unlock quickly.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

PoF spec unlocks

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

This is a good question, I’d like to know the answer too.

Speculation: My prediction is that the ability to purchase PoF hero points using proofs of heroics won’t unlock until you’ve discovered all the maps in PoF so maybe you will be able to unlock some to most of an elite spec at launch, but not fully unlock it until a bit later.