Points per kill

Points per kill

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

We are also going to test out awarding points per kill. PPK was part of the scoring discussion and something we wanted to try. We will be looking for your feedback on that change after it goes live.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Adopt-a-Dev-for-the-WvW-Fall-Tournament/4493275

Is there any information about how PPK would work?
Would PPK stack with Bloodlust?
Would your server only get points for the killing blow?
Would defeating enemies with siege grant points?
What if a warrior uses Vengeance?
What if a mesmer uses Illusion of Life?
What if my target jumps down a cliff?
Will Outnumbered protect against PPK?

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Points per kill

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

This is speculation on my part: however if it does stack with bloodlust nothing will change, if not then the buff will probably be changed accordingly.
Killing blow, stomp, or hopefully last hit (deals with vengeance and cliff diving)
I’m not super familiar with mesmer it is a rez right? In which case they didn’t die, so you get no points.

edit for awkward addition of kitten.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

(edited by Dasenthal.6520)

Points per kill

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Here is 2 cents:

1 – Maybe, as long the dead player was killed with a finisher (aka spiked) which is the bloodlust rule.
2 – Just like granting exp/wxp is based on tagging the enemy, I’m pretty sure your server just need to tag him a little before he dies to get points… But the only occasion where your server wouldn’t get the killing blow on a guy you have tagged would be either on a three-way or if the guy jump off a cliff.
3 – I get exp/wxp from killing players with siege then why shouldn’t it give points aswell? Sieges are part of the game and shouldn’t be excluded just because some people frown upon it.
4 and 5 – I think that it would only award points when the player is completely dead. A warrior that use Vengeance and people revived by Illusion of life were still on downed state, which isn’t full dead.
6 – A player that was tagged and jump off a cliff might also award points, just like it give exp/wxp to the people that tagged him (question 7).
7 – Hopefully… It’s not funny being farmed with 1:3 odds against you. If you give points to enemy if you die while outnumbered this will discourage people even more to a point that people won’t even try anymore…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Points per kill

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

This is speculation on my part: however if it does stack with bloodlust nothing will change, if not then the buff will probably be changed accordingly.
Killing blow, stomp, or hopefully last hit (deals with vengeance and cliff diving)
I’m not super familiar with mesmer it is a rez isn’kitten In which case they didn’t die, so you get no points.

The mesmer Illusion of Life raises players from downed state for 15 seconds and then puts them back to downed state. It probably won’t affect on PPK.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

Points per kill

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Out of all of this all I care about is Yes please Yes make it happen but dear god outnumbered buff better make you taking the risk of going out worth it because if you get the same amount of points for killing 20 of the 70 enemies your facing as they get for killing your 20 man squad there is an issue there