Poll: You see a 1v1 fight, what do you do?

in WvW

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

lol skirmishers have no problem ganking people trying to get across the map to the battle yet demand everyone act like civilized gentlemen when a duel is in progress…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in WvW

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

If it’s red, it’s dead.

Pls go back to pve.

How am I ever going to “get good” at pvp if I do that. I’ll play whatever game mode I choose and hopefully disrupt as many duels as possible along the way.

Rally the centaurs, ready the charr, i shall call a huntingparty to hunt you down good Sir or Madame!

That’s the spirit!

in WvW

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

For me it makes no difference is it a duel or is it just one man attacking somebody who ís trying to regroup with commander. I wont join the fight either case.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i always disrupt their duels. its fun when they rage at you

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

i always disrupt their duels. its fun when they rage at you

I bet it’s fun when/if enemy dueler kicks your but.

ZerglingS are like bullys at a school playing feild, it’s your way or none, I mean us roamers/duelers never bother with your karma trains or disrupt the way you play but when we want to play our way it’s all wrong and said bullys have to ruin it.

I was moaned at by a public commander once for having a time out of scouting/roaming and found some enemy’s that was in the same boat, we had some duels…After commander spat his dummy out about dueling in hot spot aeras I said “fine I’ll go find a quite corner out of the way of everything” sure enough 5 min’s later enemy zerg was at t2 fire inner and because I “was not allowed” to do what I was doing in the first place (scouting/camp/sentry flipping) I didn’t see the enemy blob and fire was lost, and I got another shafting (not that I cared what he sais)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

actually im running with zergbusters which is always below 20 people. so no zerg. i just love to troll duels …well not really done that since the desert bl though cause the dueling place that we had with alpine were not there. but dont go to eb for duels unless u are clever and meet far away from stonemist.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Twilight Demon.5324

Twilight Demon.5324

you guys need to stop crying about getting run over in wvw. you are an enemy to 2 teams. and that puts you at the mercy of your enemies. go somewhere safer like obsidian sanct or your guild arena if you want to duel. if you guys are playing in the road expect to get hit by a car…

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I’d [Point Blank Shot], because it’s just the appropriate thing to do in any situation. \o/

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

lol skirmishers have no problem ganking people trying to get across the map to the battle yet demand everyone act like civilized gentlemen when a duel is in progress…

aint that true? I even spent most of my wvw playtime as a roamer, I still find pretty funny when people kitten about their 1v1s being ruined.

little big wizard – Eu

in WvW

Posted by: viikatemies.5347

viikatemies.5347

Even more that what you do I am actually interested on why you do what you do.

For example many people seem to say that they choose to join a 1v1 fight because for them its fun to see opponents rage. For some the reason is getting revenge and few players are after loot. Good reason seems also be red is dead.

I also noticed that for a lot of people the answer changes if the 1v1 in progress is a duel that people have agreed to take or if it is just a random encounter in the wilderness.

in WvW

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Few ppl will be honest, 27% attacks? (As of now) its more around 80-90%

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

It depends where they are, if their not in the middle of a high traffic area I would probably watch and then move along. If their beside SM like a couple of morons trying to duel in a high traffic area I run them over and laugh at their comments.

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

6. I go help, but it turns to be a duel: enemy kills me and our player does not defend me, nor revive later. More our players join, and don’t revive either. I respawn and start shooting with nearest cannon, or build a ballista.

7. I wait until enemy stomps our player. Then enemy kills and stomps me too.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

The correct answer is always keep walking. If you see a 1v1, even if you ally needs help, keep walking.

When you see 2 dudes that you don’t even know at a bar get into a fight, you either watch or mind your own business. You don’t jump in.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

The correct answer is always keep walking. If you see a 1v1, even if you ally needs help, keep walking.

When you see 2 dudes that you don’t even know at a bar get into a fight, you either watch or mind your own business. You don’t jump in.

The problem is most of the people who look for 1vs1 are to stupid to do it in a bar, they do it in the middle of a high traffic street, and then complain when a Semi runs them over.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Well I can’t help people who think its okay to 1v1 or GvG on zerg island in Alpine. Or on the sides of SM. When I used to duel people on Alpine, the place to go was behind the windmill.

People have to be smart about where they 1v1, but some times when you’re just walking around and find someone and just start fighting them, it sucks when another 5 guys run up and kill you lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

No 1 roamer or dueler is complaining about being run over by a blob, that’s part of the fun/excitement, high traffic or not. If I killed a enemy person in a 1v1 in a high traffic area such as, smc or at South bay then does my win automatically flip said keeps? No. People use this high traffic excuse because they are pathetic and too scared to fight and would rather get kicks out of a half dead enemy already fighting. obvisoly out side a home keep such as border or eb keeps then you are going to get run over by multiple people, but I’d hardly call other paces that bad. And it’s always the same kind of people that do this, ZerglingS that want a piece of the action but don’t want to die trying to solo. I know not everyone’s intrest is to 1v1 but it’s not against the games rules or game mode. Most of my 1v1’s stay 1v1 when an ally jumps in because I can just port away and make it obvious that I am not intrested and kill the other guy instead.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Some duelers/roamers are the most immature people in this game.

Later on he was having one of his 1v1 duels right beside SMC and I wait till he’s about 50% hp and I jump in and burst him down and /laugh. Did not hear from him again.

Pot kettle black or what lol.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

So, you beat a power d/d thief which is pretty bad now on a d/p “pve” build with scholar runes (guessing for max burst/dps) refuse to fight him on his main ele in an 1v1 but then gank him at 50% health then /laugh…

Thats kinda going lower then his lvl.

in WvW

Posted by: OptimusSwag.9736

OptimusSwag.9736

So, you beat a power d/d thief which is pretty bad now on a d/p “pve” build with scholar runes (guessing for max burst/dps) refuse to fight him on his main ele in an 1v1 but then gank him at 50% health then /laugh…

Thats kinda going lower then his lvl.

Reason I am using that build is because I don’t really want to spend any extra money on proper dueling gear, ie marauder. Oh and btw, max burst is double air sigil
Not force/accuracy.
And if by “beat” you mean kill constantly because for some reason he decided to come back to the same area , then yeah. I don’t abide by some special roaming code or anything, you expect me to let him live or something?

And yeah why would I fight him when I don’t even have proper dueling gear? Btw, thief vs thief is completely different than thief vs ele. If he wanted a fair fight he could have easily joined me in HOTM but denied.

Reason I jumped and in /laughed was more of a "oh hey thats the guy that decided to pm me calling me bad cuz he kept coming to me and I killed him, I should ruin this for him cus hes a clown. And even if it was not him dueling, waiting while 2 people fight and then jumping in when one has low health is a viable strategy. It’s wvw, “duelers” should be aware this will happen. If you want uninterupted fights, got to hotm.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

I was referring to your build, not just sigils. I also main thief and 10k health tells me that you are close to, if not 100% bersker stats. That is more then enough to burst people down.

Ofc d/p has every advantage over d/d most people know this but it dosnt mean that the d/d will never beat you back, it shouldn’t though.

You gladly ganked fought him on his d/d thief knowing it was easy pickings but chickened out when a real challange came. You can still burst an ele down with that “pve” build. Not sure why you brung up spvp rooms when this is in wvw but anyway.

After the 3 win, i would just let him live, i killed him 3 times in a row and proved my point to him. Reason you jumped him when he was low was more then likely that you got salty when he tried to fight you on his ele in a 1v1 but declined the spvp room thing and decided to yet take another easy kill.

There is no roaming code, they are more like… gueid lines :p

in WvW

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

Run the zerg over the top of the duellers. They take up precious space on a WvW map, especially now that the server merges have gone through

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Run the zerg over the top of the duellers. They take up precious space on a WvW map, especially now that the server merges have gone through

That is not true, there is always plenty of space in eotm for you’re precious karma points and exp.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

No 1 roamer or dueler is complaining about being run over by a blob, that’s part of the fun/excitement, high traffic or not. If I killed a enemy person in a 1v1 in a high traffic area such as, smc or at South bay then does my win automatically flip said keeps? No. People use this high traffic excuse because they are pathetic and too scared to fight and would rather get kicks out of a half dead enemy already fighting. obvisoly out side a home keep such as border or eb keeps then you are going to get run over by multiple people, but I’d hardly call other paces that bad. And it’s always the same kind of people that do this, ZerglingS that want a piece of the action but don’t want to die trying to solo. I know not everyone’s intrest is to 1v1 but it’s not against the games rules or game mode. Most of my 1v1’s stay 1v1 when an ally jumps in because I can just port away and make it obvious that I am not intrested and kill the other guy instead.

Almost every single person I have ever seen dueling or fighting in a high traffic area has cried a river of tears after they get steam rolled so that’s just a laughable statement.

Who cares if they are flipping or helping to flip SM, it’s not about being a coward, it’s about picking an absolutely kittened place to fight, most duelers have the IQ of a gnat.

I don’t zerg but if your dueling in a stupid area, I am going to run you down. If for nothing else to help it sink in that when you play in the road you get hit by cars.

My 3 year old knows not to play in the street what’s the duelers excuse ?

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

You can usually tell if they’re dueling, it’s not rocket science. I usually ignore the fight anyways if it’s a 1v1 though.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

You can usually tell if they’re dueling, it’s not rocket science. I usually ignore the fight anyways if it’s a 1v1 though.

I think most are aware that they are dueling, it’s the principal for me. When I GvG’d we would go to the windmill because it was out of the way, it was a courtesy to the players that wanted to just WvW to not do it in a high traffic area. Duelers have so many options and places that are out of the way it’s not even funny and yet they still go full kitten and duel next to SM.

To be perfectly clear, I have no issues with people playing different game styles, there is nothing wrong with dueling as long as it’s not done in a high traffic area. Could people just run by the duelers and let them do their thing? Sure they could, right up until you get into a fight near them and then watch all the hypocrites jump in to get their bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Later on he was having one of his 1v1 duels right beside SMC and I wait till he’s about 50% hp and I jump in and burst him down and /laugh. Did not hear from him again.

Well considering he’s the one that called me scrub I fail to see how that is not deserved.

I think the point was you being no better than the one you accuse.

in WvW

OptimusSwag.9736

Well considering he’s the one that called me scrub I fail to see how that is not deserved.

I interfere “duels” regardless , and waiting for players to reach low health before bursting them down is a viable strategy. So then you’re reffering to the /laugh? Everyone does that in wvw, barely means anything.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Generally you should not respect gankers pretending to be roamers, who see an even number fight, or add in to fights they shouldn’t be in. Even fighting around camps isn’t that ‘fair’, cause the NPCs are annoying, it depends if you need to defend that camp for upgrades.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

I interfere “duels” regardless , and waiting for players to reach low health before bursting them down is a viable strategy. So then you’re reffering to the /laugh? Everyone does that in wvw, barely means anything.

viable strategy to what ?

in WvW

drcraig.9403

I think it’s ridiculous that this conversation has turned into a stupid “code of ethics” debate. I leave them alone if……, I jump in if…….blah blah blah. Hey duelers it’s called WvWvW for a reason. Hellllooooo!!!! The enemy should die, pretty simple. The more you get mowed over the better! You’re welcome to duel wherever you please, and WvWvW players are welcome to mow you down as much as we please.

in WvW

drcraig.9403

I think they were saying it’s a viable strategy to kill a dueler who is taking space on a map they don’t belong on. Make sense now?

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

I think they were saying it’s a viable strategy to kill a dueler who is taking space on a map they don’t belong on. Make sense now?

no, i dont. sorry…killing them only makes them wp, if you want karma so much then go eotm where there is unlimated karma to farm.

in WvW

drcraig.9403

no, i dont. sorry…killing them only makes them wp, if you want karma so much then go eotm where there is unlimated karma to farm.

Karma? Don’t for second make the assumption that you know me. When you make an assumption you make an kitten of you and umption. Good day Madame

in WvW

OptimusSwag.9736

Karma? Don’t for second make the assumption that you know me. When you make an assumption you make an kitten of you and umption. Good day Madame

When I say viagle strategy I meant viable strategy to get more loot and wxp. It aint rocket science yo

in WvW

drcraig.9403

When I say viagle strategy I meant viable strategy to get more loot and wxp. It aint rocket science yo

Yes but only after you kill the dueler. Which I’m all for, yo.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

oh i am sorry, just seems odd that it requires 30 + peopl to flip camps and empy towers, sometimes even paper keeps but retreat after some sort of resistance.

Then don’t make the assumption that all of us that do duels is the only thing that we do. most of the time us duelers are actually roamers that flip enemy camps – stalling upgrades to towers or keeps, scouting out intel of where enemy zerg and killing enemy roamers that do that we do. sometime we even refresh siege.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

then goto eotm where the exp/loot is 10x better lol.

in WvW

drcraig.9403

oh i am sorry, just seems odd that it requires 30 + peopl to flip camps and empy towers, sometimes even paper keeps but retreat after some sort of resistance.

Then don’t make the assumption that all of us that do duels is the only thing that we do. most of the time us duelers are actually roamers that flip enemy camps – stalling upgrades to towers or keeps, scouting out intel of where enemy zerg and killing enemy roamers that do that we do. sometime we even refresh siege.

I roam but don’t “duel”. What you’re saying is when you’re dueling you’re not the enemy and should be left to your fun. I say the enemy is always the enemy.

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

i can;t force or tell anyone how to play the game they paid for their own money that is what i am not even saying and neither should any of you guys. how ever sometimes its nice to have some 1v1 fight’s for about 15 mins then go back to what i was originally doing with out leaving the map to rejoin a Q.

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

in WvW

drcraig.9403

i can;t force or tell anyone how to play the game they paid for their own money that is what i am even saying and neither should any of you guys. how ever sometimes its nice to have some 1v1 fight’s for about 15 mins then go back to what i was originally doing with out leaving the map to rejoin a Q.

Understood.

in WvW

OptimusSwag.9736

then goto eotm where the exp/loot is 10x better lol.

But much more boring and then I might have to queue back into EBG. And in EOTM there isnt really fights just mostly karma trains without opposition. That is kind of boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i would interrupt the fight but im playing a mace shield guardian, i would end dying :|... since other other bunker classes have more surviability and more damage output.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

Easy there, there’s a time and place for balance complaints but this isn’kitten

On topic: I don’t see why this is so much of a discussion. WvWvW is meant for a bit of freedom. If you want to “duel honorably” go right ahead. But it is competitive so you shouldn’t be surprised if nobody cares about your dueling. I step in on any fight I think stands a chance of winning/forcing a disengage because red is dead and as a frontliner I’m too used to being preyed on by roamers to stand by.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in WvW

Posted by: viikatemies.5347

viikatemies.5347

On topic: I don’t see why this is so much of a discussion.

This is a discussion because I want to understand how other players play the game.

Other players enjoy different things and make different decisions because of that. I for example would find 2v1 fight waste of my time because it doesnt satisfy me at all and the reward of 1 lootbag is kinda useless to me. For some other player the enemy must die is the very important thing and they enjoy hunting down and destroying their opponents!

Also I believe most of the 1v1 fights aren’t duels that people have agreed to. Its people moving from point A to B and just meeting in the middle by accident and end up fighting. Also there are thieves who hunt for lone targets ect.

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

sometimes It’s just hard to decide if they are dueling or not.

I’m a ranger, so I can just sit there to see if he need help, or point blank shot the enemy if he try to finish our ally.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Duels often involve talking with the enemy, bowing, and not staking.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

This is a discussion because I want to understand how other players play the game.

Other players enjoy different things and make different decisions because of that. I for example would find 2v1 fight waste of my time because it doesnt satisfy me at all and the reward of 1 lootbag is kinda useless to me. For some other player the enemy must die is the very important thing and they enjoy hunting down and destroying their opponents!

Also I believe most of the 1v1 fights aren’t duels that people have agreed to. Its people moving from point A to B and just meeting in the middle by accident and end up fighting. Also there are thieves who hunt for lone targets ect.

I get what you wanted, you asked a simple question that’s fine for answering. I just don’t get how some people are trying to duke it out over some kind of ethos.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

If they’re red they’re dead simple as that. Theirs lots of out of the way places to do your “dueling” like way north of Speldon Clearcut out of sight and out of the way.You people do not need to that right in front of a keep or outside Stonemist. To many so called Duelers are gankers or tappers hiding behind an imaginary “style” of game play.No point in trying to deny it If you get wrecked standing there in the middle of a battle field don’t complain about it.

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

First rule of WvW: Red = Dead.

Dont expect other players to leave you to your 1v1 just because you would.

4 years and still we get people posting threads like this.

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!