in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

(edited by Moderator)

Polls and the Illusion of Choice

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Not sure if some of you came across this, but very well written and thought I’d share. I think the writer does an excellent job backing anet while keeping in mind players are frustrated that core issues are not getting the attention they need for the game mode to move forward.

http://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/world-versus-world-polls-and-the-illusion-of-choice-1000011356

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

right on spot

That is how i feel with when i read the polls….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

worst article ever

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

worst article ever

I’d say this one sticks in my mind the most:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12/17/there-s-little-we-can-do-to-prevent-another-massacre.html

“If we drilled it into young people that the correct thing to do is for everyone to instantly run at the guy with the gun, these sorts of mass shootings would be less deadly, because even a guy with a very powerful weapon can be brought down by 8-12 unarmed bodies piling on him at once.”

It’s kinda like those crazy roamers who dive into zergs, just follow them. It will end well lol

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

“….something the majority of WvW players were thrilled about”

The article goes subjective right away. Its nothing more than a long forum post that offers nothing.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Mmorpg usually has pretty terrible articles that read more like a forum kitten session. take anything they say with heaps of salt. Usually they’re mostly overly negative and don’t actually report on anything.

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

The article goes subjective right away. Its nothing more than a long forum post that offers nothing.

Aren’t all us wvwers subjective though lol

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yep, I felt that way too. For example, author gives personal interpretation of poll results. Normally something like an exit poll asking why players voted the way they did would be in order.

Then I got lost at the point the author was trying to make regarding wvw being in beta. That isn’t anything new. Devs posted here months ago explaining how wvw was going to now be beta and they would slowly introduce features from the scrapped overhaul.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Well that was a nothing article, I thought it was leading to a good conclusion but no. And it said nothing really about the polls being an illusion of choice at least not in any detail beyond a cursory mention about the polls being too directed.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

There only a real chose when your given chose b and a but you have the ability to chose c or make one up and chose that. As something like that would just throw every thing in gw2 into randomness its best to keep the chooses simple and few.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA