Pool to remove downstate from wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

Can we have a pool to remove downstate from wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

You can’t just hack out downed state or it will be a horror show.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

no we cant and we must not

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Would be a interesting test but I doubt they will bother to remove one of the core mechanics of the game for a game mode that barely receive attention.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Just nerf it. No down state = no stomping = no fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Agreed, I would miss stomping so I think nerfing downed state would be a better solution. Ressing someone that is in downed state should take twice as long and only be able to be performed by one person at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Agreed, I would miss stomping so I think nerfing downed state would be a better solution. Ressing someone that is in downed state should take twice as long and only be able to be performed by one person at a time.

Just change it so a player can only go into downed state once every 2 min. Anything more than that and they insta die.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

What is your problem with downed state?

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Guy must play a thief in a group of thief roamers.

They can burst on or two enemies to the ground, but cant finish them :P

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Jana.6831

I’m a thief myself (I’m Josteinn, btw).
Stomping is pretty hard, yes, but 1111 still works fine. And that’s not a problem of downed state but balance/damage in general.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Thieves have one of the best safe stomps in the game with shadow step, or if they are in a group one of them could run finishing blow so they don’t even have to stomp.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Excuse me but wtf would a pool help?

For starters we cant all fit in a single pool (not even olympic size) and secondly underwater downed state is even worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thieves have one of the best safe stomps in the game with shadow step, or if they are in a group one of them could run finishing blow so they don’t even have to stomp.

Finishing Blow is marred by the invuln players have when they go down which makes it nearly impossible to time consistently. Fixed in sPvP still a problem in WvW.

Any number of classes have a reliable stomp mechanic but the downed mechanic especially with the free downed invuln consistently rewards numbers over skill.

As someone noted at the very least ANet shouldn’t allow players to be continually brought up. If you go down a second time within the suggested 2 min you die instantly. Right now you have to kill a player 4 times in one minute to get that effect.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Jana.6831

I think, like usual, adress the root of the problem and not dumb the game down. If a group of 5 plays against 10 they should be allowed to rally off dead players and they also should be allowed to be rezzed. Now overtuned downed abilities, like necro drain life, like rangers being rezzed by their pet, the damage downed players hit out in general is something that could and should be adressed, other than that downed state is fine in my book.

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Not only stomps but bombs on the downs are very rewarding.

in WvW

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

But downstate and stomping get along swimmingly.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

First … ‘ajust’ and now ‘pool’ … is this game making us lose brain cells? Stay away from drugs kids

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I agree, can we have deployable pools in the next beta that removes downstate, combat, everything. Only allowed to enjoy swimming with quaggans in said pool.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

What is in the pool, what do you mean by pool. Often the pool is a lie.

in WvW

Justine.6351

remove downed state from land,
forget to remove it from underwater,
put auto-deployable pool (when downed) in the gemstore,
profit.

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Lets get one thing straight, Anet will never remove downstate from WvW no matter how popular the movement gets to remove it from WvW gameplay.

What they will end up doing, based on most recent statements from the devs, is they will look to nerfing downstate in various ways.

1. the amount of starting health may be reduced in downstate
2. the amount of +health healing per tick on a rez may be reduced
3. Invul state may be reduced or eliminated

It looks like they are currently testing out the third in spvp, and my end up implimenting it into wvw later.

in WvW

Jana.6831

Lets get one thing straight, Anet will never remove downstate from WvW no matter how popular the movement gets to remove it from WvW gameplay.

What they will end up doing, based on most recent statements from the devs, is they will look to nerfing downstate in various ways.

1. the amount of starting health may be reduced in downstate
2. the amount of +health healing per tick on a rez may be reduced
3. Invul state may be reduced or eliminated

It looks like they are currently testing out the third in spvp, and my end up implimenting it into wvw later.

The interesting part: No reasons were given why downed state should be removed in wvw. And still wvw is a bit different from pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Just change it so a player can only go into downed state once every 2 min. Anything more than that and they insta die.

I think this is a solution/compromise everyone can get behind. It doesn’t require retweaking of rez’ing skills or anything.

Honestly I’d be fine with a 60 second cd on downed state. Combined with minimum 20-30 seconds of downed penalty.

I also vote yes.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

I think this is a solution/compromise everyone can get behind. It doesn’t require retweaking of rez’ing skills or anything.

Honestly I’d be fine with a 60 second cd on downed state. Combined with minimum 20-30 seconds of downed penalty.

I also vote yes.

Yeah wouldn’t mind 2 down states in 60 sec max. 3rd should be gg

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I’m sure perma stealth → alpha strike instant kill will be a very interesting and skillful playstyle and that the OP definitely knows what he’s talking about.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I always like to have a pool of downed in front of me especially now as I need to stomp my halloween achievement.

Concerning a poll: I like downstate.

Concerning revival of totally dead: I would like a poll to teleport them to spawn immediately on dead.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Justine.6351

I’m sure perma stealth -> alpha strike instant kill will be a very interesting and skillful playstyle and that the OP definitely knows what he’s talking about.

One-shotters are why they won’t completely remove it, would be too obnoxious an environment for the average player. But I can see some trimming, because right now downed state is pretty obnoxious. Some players last longer on their back in a fight than standing up.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

One-shotters are why they won’t completely remove it, would be too obnoxious an environment for the average player. But I can see some trimming, because right now downed state is pretty obnoxious. Some players last longer on their back in a fight than standing up.

Your argument about why they won’t remove also explain why some people stay longer on the ground than standing up…

Unless the overall damage is trimmed up, removing downed state or even the invulnerability window will just lead to bust gank squads focusing single players and may the highest burst wins. I understand that’s already how it works, but you still need to deal with the downed person currently.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Downstate needs a “Give up” option and abilities should be universal 1 stun or disrupting cc ability 1 heal 1 auto attack.

Will never happen though. :0

(edited by Holesale.2640)

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

rally and down state are for pve shouldnt even be in pvp/wvw. I guess most of players nowaday are pvers. Just look at halloween event 99% of wvw players are doing tot bag farming lol.

in WvW

Justine.6351

rally and down state are for pve shouldnt even be in pvp/wvw. I guess most of players nowaday are pvers. Just look at halloween event 99% of wvw players are doing tot bag farming lol.

I didn’t seem to get very many from wvw compared to 30min run in lab where I got 200ish. or is there a title track I didn’t think of?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Will never happen without enabling everyone’s finisher’s to activate upon the targets hp hits 0, otherwise there will be no way to use finishers, effectively making them redundant which means anyone that bought finishers with gems/gold would have wasted their investment. Not to mention the numerous trait line reworks that would be necessary.

Tldr: that would require a lot of work for very little actual benefit, so don’t hold your breath.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I don’t think down state should be removed.But I do think that it needs to be balanced properly.Some classes have a clear advantage over others ,particularly with mobility.