Population CDI over - now what?

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Hello Anet,

You had your CDI on population. After you do preliminary discussion can we get some feedback on a plan & which suggestions are actually feasible?

Can we possibly make some changes while we wait for your overall plan?

Here are a few things that make sense to me personally.

1) Transfer cost should be based on WvW rank instead of overall server pop because not everyone WvWs & megaservers basically combine pve/spvp pop.

2) Reduce cost of transferring from 1-3 rank server to 4-6 by 10%-15% and to 7-9 by another 10-15% percent making it easier and easier as you go down rank if you aren’t going to close out or merge lowerrank servers.

3) Cap for T1 US servers should be lowered so no more transferring to top servers indefinitely forcing people to balance T2 or lower tiers. More & more servers/guilds are moving to kitten the point where guilds are leaving game because they can’t get all their members into the same server (server always full).

4) Try lowering map caps for WvW maps themselves to create queues so population balances out to lower tier in trickle down effect or people get to use EOTM for something other then leveling alts or farming.

Thank you for your time.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Jwoww.4315

Jwoww.4315

There is no incentives for people to leave top servers even if they wanted to try and give balance. Main issue being the cost of transfer.

All servers should have free transfers to any server that is lower in population to your own, or if they are ranked lower than you in the wvw rankings.

Or better still scrap the transfer cost, it is only there as a way to make revenue. They took this from Warcraft, when in reality there is little to no man power involved in making a transfer.

Actually more effort is needed to buy the gems and pay for the transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Honestly, if this CDI is anything like the last ones, we’ll get a new community manager in a couple months whose first words will be: “Please give us a bullet point list of your concerns with WvW.” … and the entire process starts over from the beginning.

And before you think I’m being snarky, this has happened three times already with Devon, Josh, and one other dev: I can’t remember her name.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Actually more effort is needed to buy the gems and pay for the transfer.

I once proposed:

Any charakter needs to make 50 levelups (or be created) on a world to be able to entre WvW/EotM for this world.

Bought commanders are world bound, I.e you can only use them in WvW/EotM on a world where you bought them, they become cheaper the longer you are on a world.

Guild upgrades for WvW are world bound (and they are more effort. For larger guilds).

However it’s to late, concentration already happened, now we need balancing transfers and not transfer reductions in general.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Honestly, if this CDI is anything like the last ones, we’ll get a new community manager in a couple months whose first words will be: “Please give us a bullet point list of your concerns with WvW.” … and the entire process starts over from the beginning.

Sad but true, and exactly the reason why I no longer participate in the CDI’s process.

Even when we do get a result, like colored commander tags, the actual result is not anything like what we players wanted or suggested and we wind up having to scream at them for the real deal.

Now then, about guild commander tags, for guild members only. I guess that would be too much work.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

And before you think I’m being snarky, this has happened three times already with Devon, Josh, and one other dev: I can’t remember her name.

This is so true. I remember first CDI around Nov and though ok 1 month to collect ideas and possibly 3-4 months to implement worst case 8 months to implement so July-August we should have something in place for population but nope. Another CDI

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

I got pretty excited when the dev John Corpening (sp?) responded to that post, his first and second posts really looked like something was actually moving forward, but his last post was clearly more smokescreen than anything else. His boss probably sat him down and said, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON’T SAY ANYTHING!” The fact that the obvious big problems with WvW have sat untouched by the devs for sooooo long, I just don’t see them doing anything at this point. If EtoM didn’t solve your issues with WvW then you (we all) are kittened.

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

I got pretty excited when the dev John Corpening (sp?) responded to that post, his first and second posts really looked like something was actually moving forward, but his last post was clearly more smokescreen than anything else. His boss probably sat him down and said, “WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON’T SAY ANYTHING!” The fact that the obvious big problems with WvW have sat untouched by the devs for sooooo long, I just don’t see them doing anything at this point. If EtoM didn’t solve your issues with WvW then you (we all) are kittened.

link?

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

PPT ought to be scaled by currently-playing population at time of tick to normalise server population and timezone coverage disparities.

Other incentives to server-stack, like reducing capture rewards and slightly increasing AOE caps should also be considered.

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

The CDI is a lie.

They said that the forum don’t relfect the entire population in the game, then they ask for “opinions”? lol

CDI is to give the delusion of “cooperation and participation” to the players. The delusion that they are being listened.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

From a bussiness stand point the current system makes sense, so it will stay. People are transferring to T1 in droves which is also the most expensive transfer.

Anyone remember the pre-launch blogpost about “Is it fun?”. Lmao.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

Sigh! If you have not noticed… Anet really does not care one single little bit about WvW.

Just look at how they have neglected the game mode since it started. (Don’t even call EoTM a WvW update).

Face it, Anet is only interested in making the joke called Spvp into an “e-sport” (which will NEVER EVER happen, because the game mode is just too lame for words.)

So in short.

Do not expect a reply, do not expect everything! The CDI was just to keep the few people playing for another month.

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

The discussion ended so abruptly, I’m not sure if anything is going forward. Not a single word on server merges/alliances/battlegroups.

I guess Anet doesn’t want to support WvW anymore, which is really sad.

in WvW

Tspatula.9086

The discussion ended so abruptly, I’m not sure if anything is going forward. Not a single word on server merges/alliances/battlegroups.

I guess Anet doesn’t want to support WvW anymore, which is really sad.

That dev got soooo obviously shut down it isn’t even funny. He went from all back and forth dialog to “thanks everyone!! see ya!” Anet can’t even fake interest in WvW anymore… LOL.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

The official CDI which was over a year ago and probably ignored at this point. The recent discussion is 14 days old.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Solution-to-fix-the-population-imbalance/first
That wasn’t an official CDI but got some dev interaction a few times in there, including bringing the ideas back to the team, whether or not anet does anything who knows. I’m hoping the scoring CDI which is coming soon will have some impact. Population imbalance will always exist no matter what solutions are implemented, but the scoring you can tweak to make matchups more balanced according to those imbalances.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

The official CDI which was over a year ago and probably ignored at this point. The recent discussion is 14 days old.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Solution-to-fix-the-population-imbalance/first
That wasn’t an official CDI but got some dev interaction a few times in there, including bringing the ideas back to the team, whether or not anet does anything who knows. I’m hoping the scoring CDI which is coming soon will have some impact. Population imbalance will always exist no matter what solutions are implemented, but the scoring you can tweak to make matchups more balanced according to those imbalances.

I could care less about the score and ‘winning’ I just want to be able to login and play against people during weekdays and have people to play with. This will require population pool of 2 servers as a alliance or merging of servers or atleast stopping of transfers to already full servers by lowering their cap…

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

PPT ought to be scaled by currently-playing population at time of tick to normalise server population and timezone coverage disparities.

“Rallybot noobs get out of the map, you’re making the other servers score more points”
See the problem? (talking from a T8/9 server that terribly suffers from night cap and population imbalance)

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You and I both know merging of servers ain’t going to happen. The population caps for server and maps were apparently raised a couple times in the last couple years, and they shouldn’t have been. It has only benefited the T1 servers to get even more people.

Alliances? interesting idea but a lot of other problems and ideas to solve around it to get it to work, it’s also one step closer to EOTM which I doubt people really want. This isn’t a solution that they will work up in a couple months, it might not even make it out the door for another year if at all.

Transfers prices are ridiculous, why pay 1800 gems to move to any of the bottom half of servers when you can just as well pay that same price and move into the top 6, which a lot of guilds have already done this past year (while anet collects full payment for them which is all they cared for). Pve players don’t even need to move now because of megaservers and global guilds. Even WoW offered free transfers to low pop servers to help them out.

Either way the “fight” guilds will always move up the tiers anyways, doing any of the above is not going to convince any guilds to move to T4-8.

Scoring and bonuses while at a disadvantage still needs to be looked at as well.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Now we wait another year for a new map and a new WvW mechanic to be released. We wait and hope!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Now we wait another year for a new map and a new WvW mechanic to be released. We wait and hope!

lol. Some followup to CDI would be great. We had a similar CDI in November of last year for WvW and that got us bupkis.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

make an additional buff (+50% power, toughness and condition resistance) when u got outnumbered make nsome balance on a small group vs a blob

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P