Population Count IS bugged.

in WvW

Posted by: Evonet.1632

Evonet.1632

It was brought up earlier, and something amongst the lines of “server cap has been readjusted” was responded, but NO: The game is counting the sum of both servers (host and guest) as the server population count.

Take EU for example:
Does anyone at all think that Drakkar Lake, FSP or AG have a higher population than SFR or Piken Square? Of course they don’t, yet the 1st servers mentioned are marked as “full” while the others are marked as Very High.

Thing is, all servers have a reasonable number of players who log to wvw to do dailies. Those don’t really add anything to a server fighting force but count to server population. When you merge 2 servers together, you get twice the number of ppl doing that. And that part of the population Is only being added to the “host” server population count".
I’m in GH, and there is absolutely no way in hell we alone have a higher population count than BB. Yet the game says we do…. AND we are allied to another server, so yes, I am supposed to believe that GH alone outnumbers BB, yet even with our allies from FOW we are omniblob trampled by them.

PLEASE take a look at this. Let us know what the numbers really are! The Host servers are being severely crippled by this, since servers like mine that were growing have a transfer cost much higher than it should, and servers like AG or FSP can no longer go up since they are “full” while servers like PS or SFR still have room in them (good joke).

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Linked servers have a lower population limit. It is intended, that they can be full with less people than solo servers. Probably to prevent “overstacking” of a server pair.

in WvW

Evonet.1632

That’s ridiculous… Who was the genius who thought of that?
The game had:
- Strong servers
- Struggling servers
- Dead servers

Now the game has:
- Strong servers
- Struggling servers with an attached disease that prevents them from getting better.

I mean, I got nothing against the good ppl in those dead servers, but it makes no sense to cripple silver just so they get some gameplay during a couple months.
No one joined their server ‘till this day, and they ain’t gonna start now. Especially since ppl will be joining a server that will be paired with God knows who in 2 months.

I’m not sure how it works in US servers, but there at least everyone is equally hurt or helped. But in EU, it really isn’t working very well.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

- Struggling servers with an attached disease that prevents them from getting better.

The disease is FoW?

in WvW

Evonet.1632

The disease is FoW?

Yes. That has to be the entire point of everything I wrote. In fact, maybe I should change the thread title to “FoW is a disease”.
The “disease” is the smaller server! Of course it is!
Some bandwagons will probably transfer to vabbi or ros, because it’s a cheap way to transfer to Deso and Gandara (both strong servers before the merge).
Now tell me something: Will anyone transfer to FoW as an alternative to transfering GH? Will anyone go Blacktide to play with the hordes of AG? Will Whiteside Ridge have an influx of players that always dreamed of playing for RoF? Will Underworld become the new meta because they want to join the ranks of FSP?
No. The small servers will remain the same they were (and always were), and the cap between the host servers and the stronger gold servers will further increase.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i have been trying to transfer to my server since the link came out and the server is constantly full. it wasnt before the link. it s really annoying that i cant play with my guild and my husband…ugh i knew it must have been bugged. please ante, i wanna go back home after i took a break….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood