Population cap per server or per borderlands?

in WvW

Posted by: Quassie.2059

Quassie.2059

Q:

Does anyone know how the cap works for population on a borderland? I know there is a cap of some kind and then we start to queue but is there a cap on each server or is it a cap on each borderland?

Ex: If the cap is set to 300 (just using this as a simple number) Is each server capped at 100 or could one server come in with 300 members of their own and everyone else would queue?

in WvW

Posted by: Lofty.8759

Lofty.8759

oh my, a simple google would answer this for you.

The answer is quite easy to figure out with logic aswell, goodluck.

in WvW

Posted by: Quassie.2059

Quassie.2059

oh my, a simple google would answer this for you.

The answer is quite easy to figure out with logic aswell, goodluck.

Really? hmm.. closest I can find is the link on the wiki:

“…each of the four maps support up to 500 players, split across the three worlds”

Not exactly a lot of detail there unless I make the assumption that 166.666666… people are allowed on each borderlands and that ‘yes’ one server could fill up a borderlands and everyone else would be queued. But that was really the point of the question I asked.

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

It would be pretty illogical to make the cap based on the map and not the server wouldn’t it? I mean.. if a map could only have 500 on it, and Server A put 500 on the field, server B and C can’t man anyone? That’s just silly.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

in WvW

Posted by: Tatania.2704

Tatania.2704

It would be pretty illogical to make the cap based on the map and not the server wouldn’t it? I mean.. if a map could only have 500 on it, and Server A put 500 on the field, server B and C can’t man anyone? That’s just silly.

I am not sure if I understand this.

How does this explain that it’s possible to have long queue on one map but not another. For example: EBG may have 1 hr queue but green BL does not have any queue at all?

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

Yes, each of the BLs has its own cap. The term “server” here is probably too broad. Server means place of origin, like Sea of Sorrows, or Stormbluff Isle.

If there is a queue to a BL that means your server already has its cap filled on that map.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

On a similar topic. Is the 166 per team cap true? There have been time where we have been missing 100 people if it is.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

im confused also,is on a map max players 166 vs 166 vs 166 ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

166 vs 166 vs 166 = 498, who get the remaining 2 to reach the total of 500?

whoever is doing the worst obviously ;-) , players get dc’d if the y overtake in points so the new losers get the extra 2.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I was told the last 2 spots r for GMs in case they need to get in

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Just going to help this end, from the GW2 wiki.

“Player limits are not yet finalized, but current estimates are that each of the four maps support up to 500 players, split across the three worlds, for a total upper limit of 2,000 players across the entire WvW match”

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Ive played long enough to tell each bl doesnt support 166 people
More like 100-125 to get full. Dont go their manifesto.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Maybe someone from an organised server could get everyone on a ‘full’ map to stand in one place, count them, and the OP’s question would be answered.

I’d be surprised if each BL supports more then 80 atm, as opposed to the original idea that each would have 500!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Soultaken.6873

Soultaken.6873

Maybe someone from an organised server could get everyone on a ‘full’ map to stand in one place, count them, and the OP’s question would be answered.

I’d be surprised if each BL supports more then 80 atm, as opposed to the original idea that each would have 500!

I doubt that you will be able to even load 80 players at once on the screen let alone 166 in order to do a proper count.

Anyway, I have to agree that there are hardly 166 players per borderland per server and this is easily determined right after reset when all players are grouped at the start and there is already a queue. I would say that the number is somewhere between 80 and 120 at present (might have changed at some point). I can’t comment on Eternal since I rarely go there.

It would be best if the devs posted a statistic about this.

Desolation – [IRON]
The Iron Triangle
Fate Challenger – Human Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

would be nice to have exact numbers so we can get better organised

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

And that is what war is about. Resources, and soldiers are part of it, for some reason Anet tries to balance the server ranking system.

You dont see the low populations servers facing the servers with more populaitons.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

The cap is per server, my guess would be around 150 so when its full its 450players in 1 borderland.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I was told the last 2 spots r for GMs in case they need to get in

See a GM in a Queue would be epic…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing