Population is dying, low chance of revival

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

As I illustrated with the example of thief, there more then enough POWER damage available to kill someone in Dire. After all with the thief it is not the armor saving you in any case. it is the dodges and stealth and ports. Added to that, If I take a few cleanses I can mitigate as much damage and more coming from a condition build as someone can mitigate wearing dire to mitigate damage from a power build.

You didn’t illustrate, you claimed.
You told us a story with no evidence.
Avoid the bigwerds

You are just another person who can not kill a build wearing dire. I get it. If the words I use are too big for you maybe the game is too hard for you.

Son who I am is in a link right there for anyone to see.

You?

See I really do not care about garnering your approval. You are just not all that important to me. I know what a power build can do and that enough for me. I do not have to make youtube videos to demonstrate what I already know. if you do not believe it the case, that your choice and no skin off my nose. Really.

Ahhh

Firmly in the Cool Story Bro zone then.
Yeah I 1v80 on a staff guard while chugging a Mt. Dew, slamming a whole bag of Doritos and planning an amorous rendevous with your mother by semaphore

Good for you. Oh I am not your bro and “your mother” jokes are frat boy stuff. I can see I deal with another kid still in school. Even less reason to care about your opinions.

Now if opinions too much a “bigwerd” for you , it not my problem.

Have a nice day!

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

You… Don’t think that’s a power build…
Do you?

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Do you?

No i said this one a hybrid. Maybe that word to big for you? You can have more then one build you know.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

As I illustrated with the example of thief, there more then enough POWER damage available to kill someone in Dire. After all with the thief it is not the armor saving you in any case. it is the dodges and stealth and ports. Added to that, If I take a few cleanses I can mitigate as much damage and more coming from a condition build as someone can mitigate wearing dire to mitigate damage from a power build.

Avoid the bigwerds

You are just another person who can not kill a build wearing dire. I get it. If the words I use are too big for you maybe the game is too hard for you.

You?

See I really do not care about garnering your approval. You are just not all that important to me. I know what a power build can do and that enough for me. I do not have to make youtube videos to demonstrate what I already know. if you do not believe it the case, that your choice and no skin off my nose. Really.

Ahhh

Yeah I 1v80 on a staff guard while chugging a Mt. Dew, slamming a whole bag of Doritos and planning an amorous rendevous with your mother by semaphore

Good for you. Oh I am not your bro and “your mother” jokes are frat boy stuff. I can see I deal with another kid still in school. Even less reason to care about your opinions.

Have a nice day!

For someone who doesn’t care, you sure do care enough to reply to every single thing people say, especially anything that is about, dire/tb or saying condition builds are op.

With the cherry picking two of the strongest classes for power builds.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Avoid the bigwerds

You?

Ahhh

Have a nice day!

For someone who doesn’t care, you sure do care enough to reply to every single thing people say, especially anything that is about, dire/tb or saying condition builds are op.

And picking the two stronger power builds is different then using Necro and mesmer as examples of OP condition builds is different how?

I happen to play both Warrior and Thief so am most familiar with them. I have encountered some pretty deadly power classes from other professions as well.

Dire and TB are not the issue. Specific skills are. Dire and TB do not provide for that burst nor do they add a lot in the way of damge. The damage comes from traits and specs. I used my Carrion thief example to demonstrate this. He does MORE damage then a thief in Dire or in TB.

Come tuesday there bound to be some shifting as to how well a given build performs. I expect we will see less of that Necro Condition burst which addresses one of those builds deemed OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Avoid the bigwerds

You?

Ahhh

Have a nice day!

And picking the two stronger power builds is different then using Necro and mesmer as examples of OP condition builds is different how?

I happen to play both Warrior and Thief so am most familiar with them. I have encountered some pretty deadly power classes from other professions as well.

Dire and TB are not the issue. Specific skills are. Dire and TB do not provide for that burst nor do they add a lot in the way of damge. The damage comes from traits and specs. I used my Carrion thief example to demonstrate this. He does MORE damage then a thief in Dire or in TB.

Come tuesday there bound to be some shifting as to how well a given build performs. I expect we will see less of that Necro Condition burst which addresses one of those builds deemed OP.

Sorry for jumping on you about that.

But Dire/TB are an issue, it’s not the damage or condition damage they provide to the wearer, it’s the fact that most if not all, Power builds require more than one stat, opposed to Condition builds that just need Condition damage, so gear like Dire/TB take full advantage of that, have have two defensive stats added on, making them very effective (Not saying power builds can’t achieve or wont achieve what they do, but they again, need additional stats to achieve it.)

And I’m not saying you don’t have effective builds that can break a Dire/TB build, but when Dire/TB are the placeholders for, “Can we beat it”, then something is wrong with the gear, or atleast the damage modifiers for Condition damage.

Now, I am willing to bet, that, if a Power build using Soldiers, and a Condition build using Dire, where on equal footing, both achieving damage that is within a few hundred of each other, there would be no one complaining.

But as it stands, Condition builds wanting to be effective need 1 stat, Power builds need 3, in order to achieve the same damage. Taking bursting out of the equation, and talking about sustain, because if you can 100 to 0 a Dire condition user, then something is very very wrong, if you have something like Soldiers. (Using Soldier as an example because both Dire and Soldiers have the same stat pool.)

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You’re in serious denial here. Afraid anet may finally listen and nerf the op condi cancer like they should have long ago? There are a few op power builds, and those need to be nerfed too. But stop trying to deflect from the fact that condi as a whole is way too overpowered in its current form and has very little risk for very high reward.

I don’t know about you, but I prefer to fight actual skilled opponents, not fight against game mechanics. If i wanted to fight against game mechanics, i’d just play pve. When i’m fighting someone in pvp, I prefer them to be using something that takes equal effort for them to play as I do. Condi builds take nowhere near the same effort to play as power builds do. And that is where most of the complaints come from. The risk/reward ratio is WAY off for playing condi. Which is why it feels unrewarding to beat someone whos playing a condi build now. You aren’t truly fighting the person, you’re fighting against broken mechanics.

An unskilled person could play a condi build, and take just as much effort to kill them as it would to kill a skilled player using a power build. Which is wrong. The lesser skilled person should die faster regardless of what type of build they use, but that isnt the case with the current form of condi builds because they carry so hard. If 2 people of equal skill fight eachother, one using power and the other using condi, the condi build will always come out on top. If you beat a condi user when you’re playing a power build, that just means that you are a better player than they are. I’ve tested this with friends who I duel fairly regularly. Given equal skill, the condi build will always triumph over power. There’s no dispute about it.

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Do you?

No i said this one a hybrid. Maybe that word to big for you? You can have more then one build you know.

Being arrogant about language while spelling two words wrong is like nails on a chalkboard.

well there’s only one thing worse than those chalkboard nails. a busy body going around incorrectly accusing people of things while acting all high & mighty.

because while i hate to be ‘that guy’, you’re wrong. he actually hasn’t spelt any words wrong. he’s just made a grammatical error in both his first sentences. adding ‘is’ to both of them would fix them. no spelling corrections needed.

isn’t it comical that you accuse him of being ‘arrogant about language’ when you’re accusing him of spelling mistakes he hasn’t made? bravo. what an achievement, way to look smart.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Sorry choo but you’re incorrect.

But kitten people, why even bother turning this into a grammar/intellect war?

If people cannot put up valid arguments due to a blatant misunderstanding of game systems and are in staunch denial of others’ opinions after some initial conversation, just move on.

in WvW

choovanski.5462

Do you?

Being arrogant about language while spelling two words wrong is like nails on a chalkboard.

well there’s only one thing worse than those chalkboard nails. a busy body going around incorrectly accusing people of things while acting all high & mighty.

because while i hate to be ‘that guy’, you’re wrong. he actually hasn’t spelt any words wrong. he’s just made a grammatical error in both his first sentences. adding ‘is’ to both of them would fix them. no spelling corrections needed.

isn’t it comical that you accuse him of being ‘arrogant about language’ when you’re accusing him of spelling mistakes he hasn’t made? bravo. what an achievement, way to look smart.

Look again.

To and then.

those are examples of word misuse. this is classified as a grammar mistake, not an error is spelling.

that makes 4 grammatical errors, & zero spelling errors. so yeah more grammatical issues than i first thought, ill give you that. no spelling errors tho.

in WvW

choovanski.5462

Do you?

Look again.

To and then.

those are examples of word misuse. this is classified as a grammar mistake, not an error is spelling.

that makes 4 grammatical errors, & zero spelling errors. so yeah.

Yet he complains that he should use smaller words because others can’t understand?

Too and to are spelling mistakes. Same with then and than. It’s also grammar syntax so doubly whammy from the big word guy.

Might be better to get the basics down first, no?

im not the guy who was talking about big words, so im going to ignore that.

in regard to the words being misspelled. they’re not, he’s just used the wrong words. the words are spelt correctly, but are used incorrectly. its semantics, i know.

also, syntax is a part of grammar, or as it is otherwise known, morphosyntax. so specifying syntax isn’t really needed, as it comes under grammar.

to close. yes the dude you replied to needs to work on his written english, you’re right about that. however his issues are grammatical, mainly word misuse- he hasn’t actually spelt anything wrong. so your accusation is wrong. i’m not going to debate this further, because all i can do is reiterate this post.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

You’re in serious denial here. Afraid anet may finally listen and nerf the op condi cancer like they should have long ago? There are a few op power builds, and those need to be nerfed too. But stop trying to deflect from the fact that condi as a whole is way too overpowered in its current form and has very little risk for very high reward.

I don’t know about you, but I prefer to fight actual skilled opponents, not fight against game mechanics. If i wanted to fight against game mechanics, i’d just play pve. When i’m fighting someone in pvp, I prefer them to be using something that takes equal effort for them to play as I do. Condi builds take nowhere near the same effort to play as power builds do. And that is where most of the complaints come from. The risk/reward ratio is WAY off for playing condi. Which is why it feels unrewarding to beat someone whos playing a condi build now. You aren’t truly fighting the person, you’re fighting against broken mechanics.

An unskilled person could play a condi build, and take just as much effort to kill them as it would to kill a skilled player using a power build. Which is wrong. The lesser skilled person should die faster regardless of what type of build they use, but that isnt the case with the current form of condi builds because they carry so hard. If 2 people of equal skill fight eachother, one using power and the other using condi, the condi build will always come out on top. If you beat a condi user when you’re playing a power build, that just means that you are a better player than they are. I’ve tested this with friends who I duel fairly regularly. Given equal skill, the condi build will always triumph over power. There’s no dispute about it.

My builds are mostly Power. I prefer power. I would like diversity to remain rather then have it all go back to power.

And no the condition build does NOT win every fight.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Do you?

Sorry but the person I responded to had earlier complained that I was using words that were too big. Why not read the thread before responding.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Do you?

Sorry but the person I responded to had earlier complained that I was using words that were too big. Why not read the thread before responding.

You didn’t illustrate. So much so your use of the word was inappropriate.
And looking totally mature since then to

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Avoid the bigwerds

You?

Ahhh

Have a nice day!

Sorry for jumping on you about that.

But Dire/TB are an issue, it’s not the damage or condition damage they provide to the wearer, it’s the fact that most if not all, Power builds require more than one stat, opposed to Condition builds that just need Condition damage, so gear like Dire/TB take full advantage of that, have have two defensive stats added on, making them very effective (Not saying power builds can’t achieve or wont achieve what they do, but they again, need additional stats to achieve it.)

And I’m not saying you don’t have effective builds that can break a Dire/TB build, but when Dire/TB are the placeholders for, “Can we beat it”, then something is wrong with the gear, or atleast the damage modifiers for Condition damage.

Now, I am willing to bet, that, if a Power build using Soldiers, and a Condition build using Dire, where on equal footing, both achieving damage that is within a few hundred of each other, there would be no one complaining.

But as it stands, Condition builds wanting to be effective need 1 stat, Power builds need 3, in order to achieve the same damage. Taking bursting out of the equation, and talking about sustain, because if you can 100 to 0 a Dire condition user, then something is very very wrong, if you have something like Soldiers. (Using Soldier as an example because both Dire and Soldiers have the same stat pool.)

people like to compare the DPS of A condition build versus power build when fighting Golems and coming up with their charts. This ignores the fact Golems are not cleansing.

So to your soldiers and Dire comparison. You are suggesting damage output of peoples using Conditions while wearing Dire be dropped to the damage output of a power user in Soldiers. How on Earth is this balanced when it already established that a power user focusing on more offensive skills will defeat a person relying on Soldiers simply because damage output is that much higher and will overwhelm those added defenses? This makes no sense at all.

Added to that the power user sitting in Soldiers armor does not have cleanses and or resistance available to him which in game terms this acts as your armor when facing a condition build. So in your world not only will you be able to overwhelm a build outputting as much damage as a power user in Soldiers , but you would have the added benefit of all of those cleanses. Further to that when it comes to those added cleanses , when I am on my Thief and power warriors traited to have lots of cleanses and or resistance, my damage output is not suffering a heck of a lot.

I just do not see that working at all.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

What do I see as the solution? I think it partially being addressed with the removal of those long condition duration foods. I do not think there a need to remove Dire or TB.

1>Ferocity can not really be a stat used by condition builds in any real way so Condtion durations becomes its equivalent.

2>There should be more traits inside of each profession that add conditions based on a crit being achieved. Given I play thief I would use an example Bewildering ambush out of trickery. It becomes “apply 3 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds. If a crit achieved apply 6 stacks of confusion” Apply this same rule across the board to AOE and weapon apps of conditions as well. Ie if a condition applied on all three attacks of an AA chain today change to it first strike of the AA applies a condition, second strike applies a condition if crit made. no crit no second added condition.

3>Reexamine all base condition durations and in particular the damaging ones. Some have a base that is just too long. As example 10 seconds of bleed on thief DB should be cut. This would make it more important to invest in durations (the equivalent of ferocity) Added to this get rid of traits that apply added durations to ALL conditions. Ie something like potent poison that focuses only poison ok but a trait like Chemical rounds is not.

IF condition builds have to invest in durations, Precision and Condition damage you get your “3 stats needed” and will see more people moving out of dire and TB. The “zerker” equivalent becomes Condition damage, Precision and Duration.

THAT said in looking at the new specs I see even more conditions applied on each and every AA attack which i feel the wrong way to go.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Do you?

Look again.

To and then.

Yet he complains that he should use smaller words because others can’t understand?

Too and to are spelling mistakes. Same with then and than. It’s also grammar syntax so doubly whammy from the big word guy.

Yes but he was the first to be rude, and you chose to involve yourself quite aggressively. (So does that make you a busybody too?)

I merely pointed out that he was slagging someone else while not being the shining example himself. It was a glass house thing and it made me respond.

Well no , that is not how it happened. The person I responded to complained to me first about using bigwerds". I did not initiate that. He then made a “your momma” joke. I really do not take kindly to people insulting my mother.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Well no , that is not how it happened. The person I responded to complained to me first about using bigwerds". I did not initiate that. He then started making Your momma jokes. I really do not take kindly to people insulting my mother.

I just went back and reread. I had missed the previous comment. You are correct. The mother comment was unwarranted.

I’ll delete my posts.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Do you?

Look again.

To and then.

Yes but he was the first to be rude, and you chose to involve yourself quite aggressively. (So does that make you a busybody too?)

I merely pointed out that he was slagging someone else while not being the shining example himself. It was a glass house thing and it made me respond.

Well no , that is not how it happened. The person I responded to complained to me first about using bigwerds". I did not initiate that. He then started making Your momma jokes. I really do not take kindly to people insulting my mother.

I just went back and reread. I had missed the previous comment. You are correct. The mother comment was unwarranted.

I’ll delete my posts.

Thank you and I mean it.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

My builds are mostly Power. I prefer power. I would like diversity to remain rather then have it all go back to power.

Did i say condi wins every fight? No, I said condi wins every fight if both players have equal skill, which is true. I and many other players have tested it. If you are both of equal skill, the one playing condi will always win. Power can beat condi, provided the one playing power is more skilled than the one playing condi.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

in regard to the words being misspelled. they’re not, he’s just used the wrong words. the words are spelt correctly, but are used incorrectly. its semantics, i know.

Incorrect words are a matter of an error in usage, not semantics. Semantics is concerned with meaning. The meaning is not at issue. We know what he meant. He just used the wrong words.

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Did i say condi wins every fight? No, I said condi wins every fight if both players have equal skill, which is true. I and many other players have tested it. If you are both of equal skill, the one playing condi will always win. Power can beat condi, provided the one playing power is more skilled than the one playing condi.

So you have a way of measuring how skilled each player is and recognize when someone of equal skill?

I do not consider myself a highly skilled player yet tend to win my share of fights I have against condition builds and in particular when I on one of my builds that designed to deal with conditions.. Are you suggesting that for some reason when I roam or zerg or run with havoc squads, I am just running into people of lower skill?

Added to that, if in fact all these people are of lower skill , why is it then If I do lose one one of my builds that is low in the way of condition cleanse or things like resistance, I can now defeat that same build by bringing in one of my builds that is better suited to fight conditions?

Has my skill suddenly jumped against the same player or has that player suddenly become less skilled? I will suggest that in your “condition builds win all the time” you are neglecting to acknowledge that I can achieve this result by refusing to use a build designed to battle conditions. Skill can not make up for having a bad or poorly designed build unless you the elite of the elites. If you are a skilled carpenter and I am a poor one, if I use a hammer to pound in a nail while you use a carrot, I am likely to get the job done faster.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Yes we had Pips and Yes there is a new Expansion coming soon, but….. its all to late. The WvW community isn’t as big as was at the start of the “Pip” update but the problem with that update it didnt bring much new content to WvW that people could enjoy in the moment. Even if there is a big WvW content update the population will struggle due to the neglect of content the last few years. (PvP received much more development over WvW and Pve which is a no brainer)

I’m currently on one of the servers / links thats taking a huge population triple punch. 1st is the living story, people taking time off, then a lot of our commanders are on vacation, so no guild runs and no guild led runs, then on top of that 2/3 matches we’re up against the T1 dropouts while we’re a T3/T4 server.

A lot of people are just not showing up, or showing less and less and for shorter periods of time. Biggest detractor here is the continuing T1 style blobs that just don’t belong in our tiers, they need to G T F O to their own tier and stay there. Otherwise when people do come back from vacations , pve and whatnot, half the regular players will be forever gone and it will take another 6-12 months to refill the server / ranks yet again, if ever.

If on top of that the expansion turns out to worsen things even more like HoT did, then you can just forget about those players coming back to WvW, or the game entirely in many cases. If it improves things then many will be back.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

The player queues seen on WvW maps completely counters this OP’s post. This is a false issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Przemyslaw.5891

Przemyslaw.5891

There are queques cuz pve plebs still wanna their shinnies :P

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

There are queques cuz pve plebs still wanna their shinnies :P

Tomato ……tomato.

Still spells out more players lining up to play than the server can accommodate. Read: as in the population isn’t dying. Just like the sky isn’t falling for chicken little.

in WvW

Posted by: Przemyslaw.5891

Przemyslaw.5891

Yeah, and won’t die as long as it ll still be a new pve meta:P

in WvW

Firebaall.5127

Yeah, and won’t die as long as it ll still be a new pve meta:P

And so, this thread has no merit.

Take the opportunity to hook some of those PvE players, have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So you have a way of measuring how skilled each player is and recognize when someone of equal skill?

I do not consider myself a highly skilled player yet tend to win my share of fights I have against condition builds and in particular when I on one of my builds that designed to deal with conditions.. Are you suggesting that for some reason when I roam or zerg or run with havoc squads, I am just running into people of lower skill?

Added to that, if in fact all these people are of lower skill , why is it then If I do lose one one of my builds that is low in the way of condition cleanse or things like resistance, I can now defeat that same build by bringing in one of my builds that is better suited to fight conditions?

Has my skill suddenly jumped against the same player or has that player suddenly become less skilled? I will suggest that in your “condition builds win all the time” you are neglecting to acknowledge that I can achieve this result by refusing to use a build designed to battle conditions. Skill can not make up for having a bad or poorly designed build unless you the elite of the elites. If you are a skilled carpenter and I am a poor one, if I use a hammer to pound in a nail while you use a carrot, I am likely to get the job done faster.

Need to remember that many condi builds are actually very simple and when players skill level go up condi spec will often hit a wall. I would say that if both players are equally bad condi spec wins.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I have posted my Warrior spec and my Thief spec used to fight conditions numerous times.

This is thief.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaWl0MhenYxTwwJw/ELUFlXGkClwc139lfXPFAHAA-T1SEQBLR5BAOBAaRJIcOEANUJG82fgCHBg8oHofq/cwHAQ70EQKgAHaB-w

this is warrior

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAseRjMdQfHW3BWhAnIWmCMkEQEoB8uabtz2jjQAYkB-TFSBQB+TfgZUCCgTAAFeCAXR5X5OEAOU9n9t/ApACcrF-w

I would like at warrior specifically rather then rehash them both. The claim made that “given players of equal skill a Condition build wins all the time”. This claim totally ignores the build in question used in that fight.

Look at the warrior and detail to me which condition builds of which classes would beat this. If one is going to make the claim “a Condition build will win every fight” you have to include every condition build.

How would an Elementalist Condition build beat this ? The Ele has to be in certain trait lines in order to get any mileage out of conditions, this limiting abilities to heal or apply a variety of the same. The Ele has limited access to cover conditions.The warrior in question can freely use healing signet for 60 percent uptime on Resistance and use cleanses to focus on those burns.

How would Guardian Condition beat this again condition cover limited with warrior abe to focus cleanse the main damaging one (burn) as resistance runs on those times between cleanses.

Any build that lacks boon removal would have problems. A Boon theft Thief (in particular one using RS) or boon Corrupt Necromancer would have an easier time of it but this hardly " Condition build would win everytime" . I would suggest that in fact this warrior has the advantage against the majority of Classes that would use their condition build. It does not matter whether those builds are in Dire or TB.

This is where the logic of those claiming dire/tb and conditions in general as being OP fails. Any person can take the warrior build above and try it in WvW against a Condition build. In so doing they should try it against a condition build of every profession. This is a far better method of “testing” than requesting youtube videos as you remove the variable of relative skill.

They can confirm for themselves this build hard pressed to lose to a number of condition builds. If they establish this , how is it they can claim that Conditions or TB and DIRE are OP when it only very specific Classes or builds that might better them?

If in fact they also establish that they can beat the majority of other builds outside those few specific ones that use conditions, then how is this OK from a balance perspective whereas if there indeed a condition build that can best power, it is not ok?

You can do very much the same with the Thief I linked. It has oodles of cleanses that are both passive or that occur during the fight using normal skills . The thief also has excellent targetted cleanses meaning it can go after the damaging conditions directly.

Match him up against a DB condition thief and detail why is it that the DB condition thief would “win everytime” even if that thief wore dire.

Now to the claim made about being in denial and preferring to match onself up skill versus skill rather then against mechanics. I am going to suggest the person in denial is the one who is ignoring the mechanics.

The only true way to have a pure skill versus skill fight is to put every player in the same gear, give them the same profession , give them same weapons and force them to use all the same traits and utilities. THAT is pure skill versus skill. Anything else and any variable is mechanics. With those added “mechanics” it now up to the player to find “mechanics” that will best counter the same.

There are threads galore as to which given profession best counters another. This hardly suggests that if Class A counters Class B it all about skill. It is about mechanics and the builds and what tools they have available to them from the game.

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

most complaints about condi come from ppl that tried kill big zergs, and gotta plagued. basically they think “im ubberskilled, its not fair a i lose tring against a blob of 50 man, cuz 50 man is a always a no-brainer, my team of 10 man is the best”. …. Numbers still matter, ousides big zergs, i never seem condi being a issue. On 20×20, the most condi-cleanses/supports/guards win over 20 necros/condi spammers….. Condi only become a issue, on tries like 30×50.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

most complaints about condi come from ppl that tried kill big zergs, and gotta plagued. basically they think “im ubberskilled, its not fair a i lose tring against a blob of 50 man, cuz 50 man is a always a no-brainer, my team of 10 man is the best”. …. Numbers still matter, ousides big zergs, i never seem condi being a issue. On 20×20, the most condi-cleanses/supports/guards win over 20 necros/condi spammers….. Condi only become a issue, on tries like 30×50.

well loosing 1v1s against mesmers, and sometimes even 2v1s [while being on the 2 side] for sure does not help either

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I mean, its pretty obvious if youre in t1 and just walk around during off hours. its empty. use your eyes.

Have yet to see that. I have been playing in the late evening/early morning hours as I am unable to sleep. No lack of other players around. I am in GoM linked with NSP. So not sure what Tier your in.

uh. t1. evening is primetime, so its no wonder your server has population then lol. grats on early morning numbers.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE