Populations after League is over

in WvW

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Im very concerned about the population of losing servers, if the rewards are too good I can only forsee the departure of masses of players into more populated servers. This is catalyzed by the introduction of the new WvW map; before that map, most people way of thinking was : " I dont want to transfer due to queue", but now such problem disappears.

Think about it, a already low-populated server who is already outmanned in EB most of the time, will have a hard time holding a fair fight even in the new map!

Lets face it, most people dont care too much about contributing to WvW raking as long as you have large population. Chances are, if you are in WvW queue then you have a big server, and we know that bigger population = winning. So basically the new map will attract the WvW fight lovers and the people who are just in queue for the real fight, all while the servers with low population dont have queue and have no real reason to go the the queue map, leaving that as an option that would actually hurt your server.

Basically it is a lose/lose situation for the low-populated servers like mine. Is there anyway we can prevent this player hemorrhage?! Are there any plans for ANet to deal with this? Or should I follow the tide and join TC/BG/SoR?!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Nobody is joining Sor, only bg both payed and transferred on their own, TC to only a lesser extent but that was rougly before and earlier in the leagues

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Nobody is joining Sor, only bg both payed and transferred on their own, TC to only a lesser extent but that was rougly before and earlier in the leagues

We had a good number leave. Pretty much BG will get all the transfers.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I think there’s a lot of people who are tired of Tier 1. I expect some surprises.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Stillmoon.6894

Stillmoon.6894

the reward wouldn’t be good (its server wide, easy to get and it will be so horrendous people that transferred for reward will be wailing for their money)
and judging from people reaction to the league it is save to assume there wont be another season 2

as for the population, i think there would be minor change since kittens usually cling to larger pop for easy “karma train” (really a net this is all that is causing problem in wvw). and most player are kittens nowadays so expect bloated queue time in t1 server (happy waiting suckas) some player that expects more wvw time than waiting time will move to less populated server. but there will be no drastic change in population UNLESS …….. a net make the change in transfer cost ( they mention it several times so i think there might be a chance that they will do it in a near future)
i would never waste 1800 gem for transferring server even if my server overall performance is lame (lame by the score, but i don’t think it reflects the server abilities a bit since we never lose a fight in even number)
bottom line is do not transfer server, it will make you look like a coward that flee. the grass is always look greener in the other side but you don’t know how many snakes nesting there.

“Dream and hope sundered my world, it will no longer wreak such sorrow”

(edited by Stillmoon.6894)

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

BG or JQ are the places to go for PPT (number 1 and 2 servers).

in WvW

Posted by: roostergoblin.2801

roostergoblin.2801

Im very concerned about the population of losing servers, if the rewards are too good I can only forsee the departure of masses of players into more populated servers. This is catalyzed by the introduction of the new WvW map; before that map, most people way of thinking was : " I dont want to transfer due to queue", but now such problem disappears.

Think about it, a already low-populated server who is already outmanned in EB most of the time, will have a hard time holding a fair fight even in the new map!

Lets face it, most people dont care too much about contributing to WvW raking as long as you have large population. Chances are, if you are in WvW queue then you have a big server, and we know that bigger population = winning. So basically the new map will attract the WvW fight lovers and the people who are just in queue for the real fight, all while the servers with low population dont have queue and have no real reason to go the the queue map, leaving that as an option that would actually hurt your server.

Basically it is a lose/lose situation for the low-populated servers like mine. Is there anyway we can prevent this player hemorrhage?! Are there any plans for ANet to deal with this? Or should I follow the tide and join TC/BG/SoR?!

they will not make it a reward that will affect the outcome of the battles, it will be a finisher or something.

Fort Aspenwood
[XIII] Disciples of Catastrophe, [Flip] Black Market Lions
level 80 Thief (Vincent Nightshadow)

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

New finisher: buried by gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

When leagues are over there is going to be a ton of movement. There are very long queues atm on BG & JQ. People eventually get tired of that and leave.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Whilst we can’t stop people transferring to us, we do want a balanced T1 and thus do encourage guilds to look at other options. Especially if they’re NA or EU.

ZDs are most likely going to transfer back to EU at season’s end, unless they really enjoyed the experience and decide to stay, which probably won’t happen considering the blowout matches we’ve had…

A lot of guilds are transfering to silver tier servers, which should see some interesting movements post-seasons. FA, SBI and YB probably can compete on an even level with SoS and Mag, but transfers and such (OCX going to SoS) will mean that T2/3 will be a completely different landscape.

Also, TC may or may not replace SoR in T1. Time will tell.

When leagues are over there is going to be a ton of movement. There are very long queues atm on BG & JQ. People eventually get tired of that and leave.

During NA and EU timezones, yes. During OCE/SEA timezones? Some days it’s hard to scrape together enough people for 1 float force to hop between 3 borderlands with only EBG queued due to achieve hunters and pugs.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Whilst we can’t stop people transferring to us, we do want a balanced T1 and thus do encourage guilds to look at other options. Especially if they’re NA or EU.

ZDs are most likely going to transfer back to EU at season’s end, unless they really enjoyed the experience and decide to stay, which probably won’t happen considering the blowout matches we’ve had…

A lot of guilds are transfering to silver tier servers, which should see some interesting movements post-seasons. FA, SBI and YB probably can compete on an even level with SoS and Mag, but transfers and such (OCX going to SoS) will mean that T2/3 will be a completely different landscape.

Also, TC may or may not replace SoR in T1. Time will tell.

During NA and EU timezones, yes. During OCE/SEA timezones? Some days it’s hard to scrape together enough people for 1 float force to hop between 3 borderlands with only EBG queued due to achieve hunters and pugs.

OCX? If that’s the OCX I think you’re talking about, it won’t change the WvW landscape at all. PvE? Sure.