Portal bomb "solution" & portal limit gone

in WvW

Posted by: Gadzooks.4687

Gadzooks.4687

I brought this up in mumble the other night, and everyone suggested I post it here.

Without going into the whole “Portal bombs” are great or suck debate, this is just a simple “rebalance” to the portal ability.

First – Remove the limit on how many people can use the portal
Second – Add 1 simple thing when you use a portal:
—- 5 seconds of confusion debuff

You are traveling through space and time, it would make sense that when you stepped out the other side, you would be a bit disoriented for a few seconds. This would allow portal use without limiting the numbers going through, and it wouldnt really change anything when using portals to 1. escape, or 2. travel to hard to get to places (ie: jumping puzzles.).

Anyway, just an idea, posting it because other people felt it should be heard. Ill leave it up to anet to decide if its a balanced change or not. (meaning I wont debate your dislike or like of my suggestion.)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I am sure no one would think to remove the debuff, knowing that it was going to be there and all.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: lordsith.8519

lordsith.8519

I was just thinking the same thing. Everyone portals and then cleanse the condition (the debuff) immediately or have a ranger, elementalist or engie who can mass clean conditions and we are back to the same place. Now if you added the fact that the debuff can’t be cleansed or you are stunned for 10 secs and such where it can’t be cleansed…then you might have something there. But the limit needs to stay regardless. Havng 50 people teleported at once is a bit much.

(edited by lordsith.8519)

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Scotty perfected mass teleportation on a moving target years ago and after many attempts he also discovered how to reassemble the molecular structure of an object without any side effects now Star Fleet uses his teleporting technology throughout the galaxy.