Possible Stat Combos Being Removed?

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

There was a post about the next big balance patch where they mentioned that some people would have to change the stat combos on their armor.
I’m assuming this means certain gear combos are being removed from PvE and WvW.
I imagine that the stat combo at greatest risk of removal is Minstrel’s, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dire were also removed in the next patch.
How do you think this will affect the small scale scene? What do you predict will happen?
Personally, RIP Druid seems like it will be a thing. They confirmed celestial avatar nerfs, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Staff receives a mic drop nerf.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I don’t think it’s the removal of stats they meant… I think it was more because of the scalling of some skills changing (specifically heals on druids) that would force druids that intent to be healers to move toward healing gear instead of other setups… This is basically what they did to Tempests some patches ago.

We’ll see…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Boon-share-will-take-a-hit/

" Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear."

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Removing stats would mean they have to reimburse players just like they do in sPvP, except thats a whole lot harder in PvE with no fixed costs. So yeah, presumably its just gonna be shifting modifiers.

In the case of the druid I doubt it will have much effect except at the very extremes. Its not like the tempest changes did much either – they are still tanky as kitten while having damage.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

What I took from the Druid changes is that it will have less personal heals but more support heals. Meaning that the heals it applies to itself won’t be quite as potent as they currently are but it may see a rise in group roles.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What I took from the Druid changes is that it will have less personal heals but more support heals. Meaning that the heals it applies to itself won’t be quite as potent as they currently are but it may see a rise in group roles.

Sounded more to me like they are going to shave the base healing and buff the scaling with healing power…… which will just force more players to go bunker instead of running marauder/zerk.
Not exactly the smartest move on their part…..

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

" Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear."

In other words “please go wild with speculation while we refrain from giving specifics that might lead to any real analysis for decision making.”

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

There was a post about the next big balance patch where they mentioned that some people would have to change the stat combos on their armor.
I’m assuming this means certain gear combos are being removed from PvE and WvW.
I imagine that the stat combo at greatest risk of removal is Minstrel’s, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dire were also removed in the next patch.
How do you think this will affect the small scale scene? What do you predict will happen?
Personally, RIP Druid seems like it will be a thing. They confirmed celestial avatar nerfs, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Staff receives a mic drop nerf.

Stop with the panicking.

No, stats are not being removed…

Baselines values are being changed and builds will be much more gear dependent. This is an appropriate change and RIP nothing.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Maining a Druid in WvW, if they do change the healing aspect of us, Ill just tweak my build or my playstyle to compensate. No biggie. Gotta roll with the punches.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

(edited by Bigpapasmurf.5623)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Sounded more to me like they are going to shave the base healing and buff the scaling with healing power…… which will just force more players to go bunker instead of running marauder/zerk.
Not exactly the smartest move on their part…..

Yeah in a similar way to how they did with ele so even celestial won’t make you heal for your old value in zerk. I have a feeling if druids want the same kind of heals they used to get in CA then they will need something like 1k healing power, possibly more. At max healing power I expect it to be roughly the same though.

You can get 800 healing power switching accessories, amulets, rings and back to cleric and keeping the armour the same bunker PVT or zerk. You lose some vitality and power but you keep or gain the damage reduction vs power builds.

tbh I can count on one hand the number of zerk/marauder druids I’ve seen this last month, most were bunker already before this announcement.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

In other words “please go wild with speculation while we refrain from giving specifics that might lead to any real analysis for decision making.”

You will have your specifics when the patch hits… People that go wild with speculation are just dumb imo. “Wait the patch hits before you go nuts about it” is what i say.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You will have your specifics when the patch hits… People that go wild with speculation are just dumb imo. “Wait the patch hits before you go nuts about it” is what i say.

Absolutely, just think it was worded quite poorly.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They did remove magic find gear and took it off of censtals at one point i am not sure if there any combos that is like that where they are going to fold it over to something else. We may see givers changed / removed though i guess. Its condtion duration is way too high for one weapon and its boon duration is way too low for its armor / trinkes.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

The source base will be reduced, but the coefficient will be increased. not a huge game changer. If you’re slotting into a ‘role’ as a healer support… you should be using appropriate gear for it. It’s the whole purpose of the stat variations. Running maruder’s/zerker’s while priming as a main healer is just a broken mechanic anyway.

It’d be like a condi necro running zerker gear but the condi still doing insane damage.

I don’t see this as a huge change. I’m interested to see the changes to the rev and mes though. When is this patch due? next tuesday?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

They did remove magic find gear and took it off of censtals at one point i am not sure if there any combos that is like that where they are going to fold it over to something else.

But that happened because they decided that Magic Find wasn’t going to be part of Equipment stats anymore (and indeed they no longer are).

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

While the tech is there to do a replacement of all gear type of X to a select-stat equivalent like they did with MF, and while it’s in all seriousness the best option if not required for things like durability runes, I doubt they’ll have the courage to do it.

Really, I expect a little stirring, but I sincerely doubt anything substantial will change, because those substantial changes are about the only way to fix things; we already know they’ve pretty much failed on the whole boonshare front.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

-A shift in value for healing power on druids.
-A shift in value for concentration on players currently depending on revs’ +50% boon duration aura.

Just a random thought but maybe they are looking at adjusting concentration and expertise conversion values. Maybe 15-1% to 20-1%? Possibly a pve/spvp&wvw split?

(edited by Justine.6351)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Just a random thought but maybe they are looking at adjusting concentration and expertise conversion values. Maybe 15-1% to 20-1%? Possibly a pve/spvp&wvw split?

I doubt there will be a change in that (and shouldn’t). They are just going to change the numbers on traits/skills most likely.

in WvW

Justine.6351

I doubt there will be a change in that (and shouldn’t). They are just going to change the numbers on traits/skills most likely.

I wouldn’t think so either but it wouldn’t be the first time,

Celestial gear magic find and stat trimming,
Ferocity trimming through old% system to new point system with a weaker conversion to crit dmg %

Nothing off the table ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

While the tech is there to do a replacement of all gear type of X to a select-stat equivalent like they did with MF, and while it’s in all seriousness the best option if not required for things like durability runes, I doubt they’ll have the courage to do it.

Really, I expect a little stirring, but I sincerely doubt anything substantial will change, because those substantial changes are about the only way to fix things; we already know they’ve pretty much failed on the whole boonshare front.

Durability runes being nerfed would not be surprising , the issue is to what extent.

Things that would gut it as an example:

• removing all the resistance and protection boons “on hit” except for regen and increasing the cooldown to 60 or 90 seconds
  • taking away the +125 vitality or lowering it substantially to +50 or something similar
  • removing boon duration completely or increasing only the boon duration of regeneration/protection by 20% or 30% , making it only a defensive rune
  • Dropping the affecting allies part “on hit” while dropping resistance

Minor changes:

• removing resistance and replacing the resistance with 2 seconds of aegis , while increasing cooldown to 35-45 seconds … 3s protection & regen for allies is still a strong effect (Aegis is typically 35 or 40 second cooldown from Guardian virtues)
  • dropping the chance on hit to 10% instead of 25%
  • removing resistance and replacing resistance with “-5% condition damage received while under protection”, increased cooldown to 35-40s
  • dropping boon duration to +10 % or 15% in total (keep in mind 1% = 15 concentration)

In its current iteration it does too much defensively and offensively, +20% boon duration on all boons includes might/fury/quickness/swiftness/etc.

The baseline for comparison ought to be:
Trooper runes = +175 Vitality, +100 Toughness, Shouts remove a condition from each affected ally.
Melandru runes = +175 Toughness, -25% stun and condition duration
Rune of the Herald = +175 Toughness, +15% Boon duration, on heal skill apply protection to nearby allies (360 range, 10 second cooldown).
Rune of the Earth = +175 Toughness, 25% chance for Protection for ~4 seconds (cooldown = 30s), +30% protection duration, < 20% HP then magnetic aura for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 90 seconds)

You have to remember when a DH with AH gets the trigger , it is also a 3×70HP heal per person affected, so it’s at least 210HP and up to 5 allies = 1050HP

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Jski.6180

They did remove magic find gear and took it off of censtals at one point i am not sure if there any combos that is like that where they are going to fold it over to something else.

But that happened because they decided that Magic Find wasn’t going to be part of Equipment stats anymore (and indeed they no longer are).

Blunt boon duration and condition duration not part of equipment sets anymore too.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Blunt boon duration and condition duration not part of equipment sets anymore too.

Ever heard of Giver’s gear and Doubloons? Honestly I’m impressed these weren’t converted to their specific stat when Expertise and Concentration were introduced since all Critical Damage sources (from gear) were converted to Ferocity when they made the change.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Giver’s armor is outright trash though , a full set only provides 6% boon duration. At 1% boon duration (15 concentration) it needs an overhaul to use concentration. The helm/shoulder/gloves/footwear piece should give at least 2% boon duration.

In reality for 3 stat items it would be +43 concentration for headgear, 32 concentration for the shoulderpiece/gloves/footwear ,96 concentration for chestpiece, 64 concentration for the legpiece —> 299 in total for exotic = 19.9% boon duration (let’s just call it 20%).

In their current iteration Wanderer/Commander/Vigilant/Minstrel’s armor give up to ~ 14% boon duration.

However, given that boon duration and boons in general are being looked at , it would likely have to involve splitting the stat to vitality (unlikely due to Minstrel’s), condition damage, power, ferocity, or precision instead of having a set of 20% boon duration armor.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Just because it’s bad doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, which was my point.
Also, while the giver’s armor is weak to boon duration, giver’s weapons are super strong in relation to condi duration (20% lul wut?).

in WvW

Justine.6351

Just because it’s bad doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, which was my point.
Also, while the giver’s armor is weak to boon duration, giver’s weapons are super strong in relation to condi duration (20% lul wut?).

ya 16% vs 20% on a weapon that otherwise doesn’t have condition dmg nor an ascended version. Surprised they havnt fixed that fluke but there is little denying that it would be pointless.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Ever heard of Giver’s gear and Doubloons? Honestly I’m impressed these weren’t converted to their specific stat when Expertise and Concentration were introduced since all Critical Damage sources (from gear) were converted to Ferocity when they made the change.

That was my point givers maybe on the choping block for the next combo to be removed because it no longer fits with the other gear combos.

in WvW

Justine.6351

That was my point givers maybe on the choping block for the next combo to be removed because it no longer fits with the other gear combos.

Givers have already been effectively removed from play. They are not supporting it going forward as there is no ascended version for them. 4 stat exotic weapons are already at their lvl if you convert the 20% to attribute points (x15). As for the giver armor, I’m pretty sure that has always been subpar.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

There is no weapon that give enough expertise to be par with Giver Weapons in duration… Even Two-Handed Ascended weapons only have 118 Expertise which is roughly somenthing around 8% condi duration against 20% of a Giver’s weapon. Sure, you lose the condition damage, but you gain a quantity of duration far superior than any weapon.

in WvW

Justine.6351

There is no weapon that give enough expertise to be par with Giver Weapons in duration… Even Two-Handed Ascended weapons only have 118 Expertise which is roughly somenthing around 8% condi duration against 20% of a Giver’s weapon. Sure, you lose the condition damage, but you gain a quantity of duration far superior than any weapon.

and lose out on ascended weapon and more raw stats. but yay more condition duration when people are already capping it out without givers !

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

and lose out on ascended weapon and more raw stats. but yay more condition duration when people are already capping it out without givers !

You can use another rune that give utility over duration. Yay for being able to choose what to use.

in WvW

Jski.6180

Givers have already been effectively removed from play. They are not supporting it going forward as there is no ascended version for them. 4 stat exotic weapons are already at their lvl if you convert the 20% to attribute points (x15). As for the giver armor, I’m pretty sure that has always been subpar.

You could of said the same thing for magic fine gear.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Not everyone builds the same…

One of my Engies uses Giver Weapons just to help stack the burns, uses Shaman/Apoth gear to bunk. So having that extra %20 duration has helped since Rare Veggie Pizza’s duration was cut in half and not all of my characters are privileged enough to have seen an Ascended item or HoT item yet.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not everyone builds the same…

One of my Engies uses Giver Weapons just to help stack the burns, uses Shaman/Apoth gear to bunk. So having that extra %20 duration has helped since Rare Veggie Pizza’s duration was cut in half and not all of my characters are privileged enough to have seen an Ascended item or HoT item yet.

Well if you want burns then presumable you run a pistol build which reach 100% duration without any condi duration armor/weapons… And if you dont run that, I very much doubt givers weapons have any noticable damage impact over the course of an average fight.

But anyway, I still doubt anything will be removed because it should have happened a year ago if Anet considered it an issue. Rebalancing damage modifiers at extreme ends (condi dmg, ferocity and power) is much simpler. In fact thats why they changed to ferocity as a numerical stat to begin with with.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Well if you want burns then presumable you run a pistol build which reach 100% duration without any condi duration armor/weapons… And if you dont run that, I very much doubt givers weapons have any noticable damage impact over the course of an average fight.

I belive the 50% trait only work for blowtorch… All other burns (Incendiary Ammo/Powder, Flame Thrower skills and maybe Flame Turret & Throw Napalm) are not affected by this trait.

Anyway, I run P/P with Giver’s weapons so I can run Runes of Aristocracy for might stacking with HGH and Golden Dumplings. I could problably drop the weapons if I ran Rare Veggie Pizza, but I would lose 20% boon duration and Mights on crit. Also the weapons give me some HP I don’t have in the rest of the gear.