Post Winter 2016 Patch, Dolyak Impressions

in WvW

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I know it’s early (haven’t even had a reset yet), but I felt it couldn’t hurt to get some early impressions on this specific topic.

Personally, I think it’s genius.

Think about it this way. In the old system, people complained that it was too easy to upgrade buildings overnight. To the point where some people clamored for the need for there to be a person to press a button to start an upgrade. A “human element,” as it was often called. But the real issue is that if your server is the last one on for the night, you upgrade to T3 long before anyone is awake on the other servers.

Now, that happens much more rarely. With random roamers playing overnight, plus the small groups of people that play in the day hours (like me, at times), they can keep a structure from upgrading to T3. Possibly throughout the entire day. Even camps are now easier to flip on average for roamers, as they’ll rarely be above T1 even.

It’s… it’s beautiful, really. They did a number of favors with this change. There should even be fewer Stonemist Airships flying around.

To summarize, camps are easier to flip, it takes longer to upgrade things overnight, less Stonemist Airship defense, and if you really want to speed up upgrades you can use Tactics to speed up or increase delivery but it requires a human to refresh.

Call me Smith.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Agreed, I’m glad dolyaks have been given relevance again.
The blob can’t be everywhere.. The more places it needs to be, the less likely it is to grow.

Maybe small groups will even become a thing again O.O

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Agreed, I’m glad dolyaks have been given relevance again.
The blob can’t be everywhere.. The more places it needs to be, the less likely it is to grow.

Maybe small groups will even become a thing again O.O

Maybe it’s just me but from my perspective everything is pretty much wooden even when groups try to upgrade them because getting 40 yaks in just to get T2 is insane. So therefore the “blobs” can just ktrain all day

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

If the first upgrade was something like delivering 10 yaks… or even something like 8. Then doubling supply effect like it used to be and then the yaks counted as 2 I would like the system better and then swiping camps would be even more useful. Still think the overall number of yaks needs to be lowered some.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I feel as though the towers require too many yaks for fortified.

The situation is more dire in EBG where taking a tower would mean danger for a keep or SMC.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

I feel as though the towers require too many yaks for fortified.

The situation is more dire in EBG where taking a tower would mean danger for a keep or SMC.

It does make some sense for keeps to upgrade faster than towers though. Especially on EB where 2v1s happen very often and naturally, having a fortified keep to retreat to means enemy teams can’t really ktrain and snowball the map. Maybe the exact numbers could be tweaked, but it’s probably too early to tell. Give it a couple weeks and see how this plays out. If there’s too much ktraining happening they could lower some of the dolyaks requirements.